Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638167 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bringbackdgirls: 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2016
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2016
Chronique,coman see
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chronique(m): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thanks but how did you know about my introverted nature?
Melsan:
Chronique,coman see
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 9:55am On Sep 22, 2016
chronique:
Thanks but how did you know about my introverted nature?
Can't state the how here,but I know you sha
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chronique(m): 10:37am On Sep 22, 2016
Mind sending a PM?
Melsan:
Can't state the how here,but I know you sha
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2016
chronique:
Mind sending a PM?
Send the PM,if only you know who this is ehn,you go chop me raw cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chronique(m): 11:34am On Sep 22, 2016
Small thing.
Melsan:
Send the PM,if only you know who this is ehn,you go chop me raw cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
chronique:
Small thing.
Okay smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 23, 2016
SOML- story of my life.its good to know there are pple lik u out dere grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:48am On Sep 23, 2016
AdeolaFalilat:
I don't have any problem being an introvert but it's like my introversion is getting worse as I get older.
The trouble with been an introvert is that until you are ready to open up and defeat that discouraging and dissaponying spirit that keeps trying to kill your morals and ego deep in side, no one will be able to help you.now Adeola, you should be ready to open up at any point in time, you must tell you self 'I am willing to make this thing work',be ready to go against your inner desires atimes,you should like be ready to walk up to any one you have seem to have something for and kindly or even coldly start a chat,please start trying it, in as much as you are growing up to ,azurite, most of the introvert nature in you should be growing out too, that's one of the first sign that you are truly growing,,yes, I am speaking from personal experience and been a public speaker my self with such kind of temperament.most people don't even know I am an introvert unless they pretty come close and observe the way I look at them(up till date can't look up any one in the eye straight up), but I can start any conversation and keep it going for as long as I wish, I can counsel you and give you guidance.so the onus is on you my dear, be ready to let this fade gradually by start mixing up, stop giving cold shoulders to any one that like and wanna be with you,(that's where most of us introvert miss it!)we like the person and at the same time wanna be alone!haba.....na only us waka come??let me know you a bit Adeola and will see what we can do together,you can ,yes you can!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:54am On Sep 23, 2016
bardella1:
SOML- story of my life.its good to know there are pple lik u out dere grin
Lots of them here bardella,just be ready to open pup and give change a trial and watch you get better than before
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2016
gidjah:
Lots of them here bardella,just be ready to open pup and give change a trial and watch you get better than before
Adupe pupo
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
Melsan:
Adupe pupo
Ese lopolopo,bawoni runs, awon idile yin nko,se kosi iyonu ?,mo wa very busy li ojo, meta yi lo fa ti mi ko fi ranti yin nio,emase binu simi rara.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
Welcome @hajiya Aisha 800,yaya aka yi ne?,sannu dazuwa ko?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
gidjah:
Ese lopolopo,bawoni runs, awon idile yin nko,se kosi iyonu ?,mo wa very busy li ojo, meta yi lo fa ti mi ko fi ranti yin nio,emase binu simi rara.
Ko si wahala..all is well smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Aisha800(f): 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
gidjah:
Welcome @hajiya Aisha 800,yaya aka yi ne?,sannu dazuwa ko?
am grt and ok. thanks for the welcome
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
jst landed.....guys i really need to try somtin new..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
STEVE1996:
jst landed.....guys i really need to try somtin new..

The next introvert Challenge 3 is for you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 25, 2016
Olarewajub:

The next introvert Challenge 3 is for you.
k...i'm waiting
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Geofavor(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2016
I've missed this thread grin

olarewajub, you're doing a fantastic job here as usual. You might not know it, but you've touched so many lives with this thread. God bless you sir.

For those who can't maintain eye contact, there's a trick to this: Hehe

keep your eyes on your chat partner's forehead. He/she would think you're looking them in the eyes.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Introverts Challenge 3 : Initiate a Conversation with a Stranger

In this challenge, we are expected to initiate a conversation with some one we've never had a one to one discussion with. As usual, everybody body is expected to share their experience and challenges encountered.

Below are links to helpful articles on how to go about this challenge. Please lets take this challenge serious as initiation of conversation is one of the major problems Introverts are facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Zu5ZZAG7I

https://anintrovertsguide./

www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/how-to-initiate-conversation.html

www.introvertdear.com/2015/05/06/introverts-5-hacks-to-turn-small-talk-into-meaningful-conversation/

www.forbes.com/sites/christinapark/2015/03/30/an-Matter-guide-to-small-talk-eight-painless-tips/#71a46f3a5564

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
STEVE1996:
k...i'm waiting

New challenge posted.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Annie2059: 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
nice thread...keep it up i'm actually not alone in this...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Haywhymido(m): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
Well done, Keep it up fellow introverts
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hmmmm....I don't have problem conversing or looking at someone in the eyes....the p here is that I can't seem to reject people ,even when I want to.But when I do,dem go vex,who there vex epp?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by virtual3xpert: 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
cry Lemme go and try this challenge. You guys are doing a great job.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by cyndyzuriks(f): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
i used to be an introvert! Though sometimes it still rears it head, i am like 70% over it. smiley

please read this my post!!!!! it will help you. https://www./9-ways-you-can-overcome-self-doubt-regain-confidence-umezurike?trk=pulse_spock-articles
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Horlawoomey(m): 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
The book QUIET has helped a lot, if you need the PDF copy, you can mail huthman27@gmail.com.

There you will get all the information about introversion, proven scientific experiments and interviews of successful introverted personalities.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Horlawoomey(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
Being introverted is not bad, it comes with a lot of inner power that extrovert can't possess easily. Making myself a reference, people feel more comfortable to open up to me cos I listen more than I talk, encouraging people is quite easy for me, people don't get on my nerves easily cos I do try to see things from their own point of views.

I don't anger people easily cos I weigh my words before I say them, that got me many friends, both introverted and extroverted. Being an introvert is the best thing that happened to me.

One thing is, it may not be easy to start that conversation with a total stranger, sometimes it will be very awkward to give that "thank you" speech after people have honored your invitation, you may feel terrible defending that beautiful final year project of yours, all you need to know is that these things can be practiced and even the best speakers have stage fright in the few seconds to their speeches, practice these things well and confront anybody.

Stay blessed

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.