Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,355 members, 7,839,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Nma Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nma Strike (679 Views)

Breaking News!! NMA President Has Resigned!! / FG To Ban NMA, JOHESU Over Incessant Strikes / NMA Kicks As CBN Authorises Med Lab Scientists To Regulate Importation Of IVDS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nma Strike by philipeteng(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
Security service providers e.g Military, Police, NSCDC etc are regarded as essential workers due to the nature of their job and their job description,like protection of lives and property, territorial defense, peace keeping and the likes, as such, if this group of workers should embark on STRIKE the consequence would better be imagined than told.In my own view and opinion, their wages (salaries) are not commensurate to the services and risk associated to their job yet they never/ seldom strike, now that is true PATROITISM. But this cannot be said about certain sectors in Nigeria work-force, like Health sector, educational sector and others. From my little knowledge on conlict resolution, the spectrum ranges from Round table dialouge-to-Strike(if necessary), this means strike is and should be the last option.but these days it seems as the reverse is the case. Although I do not blame the striking sectors completely but I see it to a certain degree as a selfish, inconsiderate means and actions of forcefully getting their own share of the national cake. It is no doudt therefore that after God the life of a sick person lies in the hands of the health service provider, but does that give them the ordersity and impetus to raise shoulders, chest out, sit with their legs crossed and use the sick population as hostages to achieve their demands from our selfish, selfminded leaders? Absolutely No. I therefore call on the government to look inbetween lines in whatever agreement they have made with the NMA and honour their words for the doctrs to go back to their varoius hospitals and bedside and resume their work. Also, the Doctors on the other hand should remember the vows they made in the first place before they were even called DOCTORS and also know that they are no God. #Doctors go back to work#.

(1) (Reply)

Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. / Don’t Negotiate For Chibok Girls, Muslims Tell Sultan / A Black Woman Speaks Out Against Students For Justice In Palestine:"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.