Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Failure Of GEJ Or Success Of Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Failure Of GEJ Or Success Of Boko Haram (787 Views)

FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries / Wide Spread Failure Of Card Readers In The Southeast / Photos Of Boko Haram Patrolling Gombe And Razed Kawdon Police Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failure Of GEJ Or Success Of Boko Haram by sultaan(m): 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
I am not going to spend too much time on this because those who are paid to do this have already done their job and came up with ideas I feel is really bad for the country.

On the issue of borrowing $1bn to fight boko haram and the purported purchase of weapon from Russian is a direction which I feel is very similar to the position Saddam and Gaddafi were in and the end result is the whole country going up in flames.

I know a lot of people will disagree but let us look at the basic information we have here and make a reasonable suggestion on fixing this without the country ending up in flames.Saddam, Gaddafi, and Basher Al-Assad and their advisers would have disagreed with my views if it was presented earlier in the crisis but knowing what the worst scenario is and avoiding it at all cost is the main objective of my analysis.

The Ukrainian crisis is similar but with a twist if Viktor Fedorovych Yanukovych was to go back in time he will do things in a different way. right now he can almost consider himself a prisoner in Russian no claim to his presidency like before and he might die and get buried in and obscure Russian cemetery for the crime of turning Russian weapons on his people.

Boko Haram can be called a group of terrorist, Islamist, thugs, rouges, and undesirable elements of a society; well more like a failed society.
For a while now some have been looking at the structure of the northern society, and have called for better education of the average child. This was not taken seriously by the leaders since its been the practice to send boys into the armed forces, and had paid off for a long time when compared to going to school.Now the number of youths out there is way more than the armed forces can absorb so its rough for the youths. In a part of the North some one offer these youths a way to live a meaningful life by picking up a gun in the name of Allah all their despair will go a away, and for the first time in their meaningless life the will have power over whoever they choose. For a boy who has been feeding on a lifetime of scrap, firing a gun and taking whoever/whatever you want is a dream come true, and will rather die than go back to the way it was living dead with time and pain in between.

I am from another part of the country and I see no reason for a group within a state to kill their neighbors like that, since one of the members is probably from the same village.If I can recruit 500 kids within a region arm and train them and the parents, local leaders,and government is not aware of this the something is[b] seriously [/b]wrong.I thousands of semi educated kids can do that in the North and basically hold their ground against the military imagine what thousands of educated kids in the South are capable of. The point here is not to compare who is more violent but the worst case scenarios of youths picking up guns in the south and the cost to the country ask the Iraqis,and Syrians they could not have imagined it worse.

This is GEJ's war which he is struggling with because the words of Soyinka has been proven Nigeria is not worth dying for.With that in mind if any part of this country had been invaded by another country I strongly doubt the everyone will feel invaded as a Nigerian. Now this is the point to note I kept referencing North and South because what I know is the south values education, parents know a child will do better than they did with better education. It is not an unusual site to see a child walking to school crying with a mother walking behind with a cane.This same mother will walk back home to go sell fish or pepper in the market; all she is doing is to make sure her child does not have to do the same thing.Some parent never live to see what became of their effort but all kids thanks their their parents for their education. The Northern society needs to take a second look at its building block and see if it can withstand the future storms.

At no point will borrowing money to fight this work; a daily chore and a full stomach solves this whole problem. Amnesty will solve it if the youth still have hope.The ranks of Boko Haram can be reduce by understanding that those form outside the country will have to be defeated by force and those from within have daily chores and full stomach.

$1bn from the Chinese will cost ~$4bn in natural resources to purchase $300m Russian weapon made fro $10m raw iron the rest is education.
This will be used by a poor black man to kill another black man and when it is done the wretched black man will need to borrow more money from the Chinese and have the Chinese reconstruct everything he destroyed on his homeland fighting another black man. If a black man spends money to buy tractors and other tools, educated himself on how to be productive he will be wealthy and alive.

The Chinese are not spending $1bn to buy weapons and kill Chinese but they buy technology, companies to educate their society. Nothing good comes out of a gun tractors and tools will give a better result from this issue in the north bullets only results in destruction and death,$1bn is more deaths.

1 Like

Re: Failure Of GEJ Or Success Of Boko Haram by Leibnitz: 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
Propaganda season 1 episode 2 wink
Re: Failure Of GEJ Or Success Of Boko Haram by egift(m): 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
I will stick with the Incompetence Of Jonathan

Nigerians are still dying, no sponsors arrested and prosecuted, the abducted girls still not rescued, corruption still climbing and crossing Pluto orbit, PDP still house the finest political criminals in Nigeria, poverty still alarming, no stolen money recovered, convicts pardoned and celebrated, etc.

1 Like

Re: Failure Of GEJ Or Success Of Boko Haram by Leibnitz: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Year of intensified propaganda and blackmail cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

. / Why 248 Containers Of Phcn Equipment Were Seized For 11 Years / Kidnapped TVC Correspondent Regains Freedom, Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.