Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? (8721 Views)

Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Nigerian Men And The '2nd Wife Or More' - Culture Or Modern Day Infildelity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by ideology(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2014
If those days were truly good, we should see its effects in the present day.

The good days should give birth to better days.

But Here we are still complaining in one area or the other
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by alphaomega(m): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2014
jayseehe: now, what we have is life made easy...

I sure prefer PS4 to suwe, ten ten... if they were so good, they wouldn't have gone extinct

indomie kid...i can perceive d aroma filtering from ur kitchen...
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by alphaomega(m): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2014
d topic already says it all...'GOOD old days''. It ddnt say good modern days. Else it wld av been ''Good old days vs BETTER Modern days''
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Odika1: 8:53am On Jul 28, 2014
Nairalandaar: Good old days, where
- Kids don't spend all their days in front of the Television because TV programs will always start by 4pm and end by 10pm/12am

- Quality programs were being shown on the TV, not some unclad ladies assaulting viewers' minds here and there all in the name of modern age

- The Independence Day song for Nigeria was "Nigeria my Beloved Country" by Funmi Adams

- Edifying songs filled the air waves (One Love, Sweet Mother, Omo mi
seun rere, Eko dara pupo)
; not the likes of (Ukwu, Kukere, Skelewu) that are taking away the innocence of little children

- 10Naira was more than enough to feed yourself for a day

- There was no Boko Haram, and the likes...

Oh the good old old days smiley
U'll live long my brother.

3 Likes

Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Whizpeter(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2014
Abegi... Modern days rocks
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Odika1: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2014
koolguy88: modern age jooor... which kind yeye old school ? see we need to grow up ooooo
U are a fool and i repeat a very big fool.Idiot
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Odika1: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2014
Victoriousvic: Forward ever, backward never!

To hell with the "good old days"

You just can't compare the modern age, and the old days. I wonder how you guys survived sef. undecided
How old are u sef?
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2014
It depends on which era you were born since I was born late into d 80's I will go with the good old days,but d modern era has its own good side only that d disadvantages outweigh d advantages.
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by bank2k4real(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2014
Success involves some efforts. You must be ready to make some kind of necessary effort that will lead you to success.

Check my signature below for more details and get your free gift..

can contact me on whatsapp +2348063203540.....call...
+233264859942, +233540975809, 08063203540, bank2k4real@gmail.com
Bb pin 295935A3
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by kunlepicktu: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2014
I Miss those days wen we went to school, lined up & the
headmistress & teachers inspect our nails & uniform & den
we match to our classrooms,U Remember na??• D days of
Nasco Biscuit, okin biscuit, Trebor, Iced Colored water tied
in nylon we called it "lolly"• D days of Goody-Goody & pako
Biscuit. X_X• D days of ali & simbi, Mr Salami & Mrs
Salami, Agbo lives in Calabar....• Chei, i remember those
days wen one naira na money,wen groundnut was 5kobo &
choco milo sweet was 5 kobo• days of messing game,who is
in d garden, police andthief• D days of mama & papa play•
days wen we use to build houses wit sand, play suwe
game,tinco tinco,change Uя style, ten ten,skipping, stop! U
remember nau!• those days wen we used to fly kite on streets,
wen boys used to use d paint bucket cover as tire & their
daddy's hanger as d steering• those days wen rubber band was
stock exchange• Days wen votron, jimbo, power rangers,
spider man was our favourite cartoons• D days of limca soft
drinks& choco milo advert on black & white tv & sunday
rendevous by1:30pm• when we say 'leke leke give me white
finger'• Those days wen eleganza pen was d best• D days wen
we used to drink water from d tap even suck out d water if its
not coming out• The days wen NTA will show rainbow color
for 30 minits then national anthem be4 they resume program
@ 4pm• The days wen basket sandals,simbi & Bata sandals
were d best• Days wen we all sing sandalili sandalili songs,
Dstv has come. No more old fun.I'm really proud to have
experienced all this. If u r not smiling it means u were not
born in my generation. Which means u ar d INDOMIE
generation lol

2 Likes

Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2014
Odika1: How old are u sef?
12. lipsrsealed
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2014
bottomline. old days=happy days without the need of money. modern days=without money u a harrased. technology is the only merit of modern days.
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=kunlepicktu]I Miss those days wen we went to school, lined up & the
headmistress & teachers inspect our nails & uniform & den
we match to our classrooms,U Remember na??• D days of
Nasco Biscuit, okin biscuit, Trebor, Iced Colored water tied
in nylon we called it "lolly"• D days of Goody-Goody & pako
Biscuit. X_X• D days of ali & simbi, Mr Salami & Mrs
Salami, Agbo lives in Calabar....• Chei, i remember those
brother i beg continue

1 Like

Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by myspnigeria: 11:16am On Jul 28, 2014
I so much prefer the good old days
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by AngelaHamza(f): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2014
Good old days 100 percent, deres notyn in dis age na
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 28, 2014
Victoriousvic:
I don't even want to understand.

I love the modern age, where I belong. cool

Someday, I'll call this the good old days too.
Lol. lmao. haha. you burst me into laughter!
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2014
here's my addition: we play cashew nuts, we keep em from one season to another. we peers gather in the morning to say our dreams. we play games of insulting ourselves, we ride 'boris', we beg to watch film in friend's room, if we talk in the room we are sent out, nigerian film was most about witchcraft, we tell stories at night, we dont wear pencil trouser neigther baggy, we roam the street shirtless, we play 'canta ball', we thought computer can do almost every thing, we dont have idea what it is.
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by ezelous: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2014
Kai, d olden days were just d best. No pollution, hatred, etc. Omo I gbadun cartoons like voltron, super ted, bird man, sesame street, vision on, moonlighting, doctor who, muppet babies, fraggle rock, and above all, I enjoyed meaningful lyrics dat fostered unity n love from Onyeka, sunny Ade, funmi Adams, sunny okosun, Christie igbokwe, etc. NEVA,EVA COMPARE BOTH!
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:53am On Jul 28, 2014
The good old day 80's nd the likes has always been the best for obvious reas0n. lately u see a m0ment in trends m0vin to the oldies, skinny jean,hiptop shoes, m0casin shoe, afro nd punk hair style. d sunshades rayban even d music i REP THE 80's mhen.
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by mkoabiola: 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
Good old days all d way
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Krasid(m): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
Good old days was really fun.I remember me and my friends buying asala when school closes and we would hit it together to see who selected the best.The early morning cartoons that made me always go to school late despite my school being very close, and rushing home from school to watch my favourite programs.
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by daryoor(m): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
god bless larry page and the other guy (never used apple so sorry steve jobs)

god bless mark zuck

god bless the ex google guys that created whatsapp

god bless verizon for creating bbm

god bless sony for PlayStation

god bless multichoice

god bless silverbird cinemas
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by kenono(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
I like the morals of good old days plus the technology and advancement of this new age.

OliverTwist cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by thobyiano(m): 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
jayseehe: now, what we have is life made easy...

I sure prefer PS4 to suwe, ten ten... if they were so good, they wouldn't have gone extinct

So okin biscuit wasn't good that was why it got into extinction?
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by ayobase(m): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nairalandaar:

- The Independence Day song for Nigeria was "Nigeria my Beloved Country" by Funmi Adams

Oh the good old old days smiley
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by nikkyyoyo(f): 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
koolguy88: modern age jooor... which kind yeye old school ? see we need to grow up ooooo
U be correct indomie generation pikin.

1 Like

Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by JoseWael(m): 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
I think i would rather prefer "days" devoid of pandemonium whether it b "Old" or "Modern". We all aspire peace. We all pray for peace. #GodBlessOurDearCountry
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by kevolysis12(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Only old folks on nairaland wuld love the the good old days.. Modern sh*t joor grin
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by cronsberg: 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
If you weren't born in the 80's then you're very unlucky. Mehn i love the ol days

1. The days of wrestlemania (the ultimate warrior, hulk hogan, undertaker e.t.c) those were the glory years of wrestling
2. The days of tom and jerry(the old classic ones not the crap they show these days), Ninja tortoise, Swat cats, Captain planet e.t.c those were the golden era of cartoons
3. The days of Nitel landlines
4. The afro hair and mustache was king
5. The days of Africola, Vimto, buluna(i think), e.t.c
6. The days of 'Coming to America', Going bananas, Good the bad and the ugly, The mummy, Airforce one, Home alone, American Pie, Rambo, The mask, Jurassic Park, Titanic e.t.c Now those are real motion pictures not the crap movies we have today
7. The days of Super Mario, Street fighter, Mortal kombat, Donkey kong, Super NES, Atari, SEGA MEGA e.t.c those were cool games
8. The days of Gala snack, goodie goodie, baggy jeans, the walk man, Arcade games, even the internet was cooler back then(AOL, Yahoo).

The good ol days were better jor.
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by Samueloladapo(m): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
good old days, but better new days..
Re: Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ? by red101(f): 3:10am On Jul 29, 2014
there is a saying that we should:

learn from the past
live in the present
believe in the future.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Ever Witnessed A Person Turning Into A Animal/yam Etc / The Igbo Speaking People Inter Relationship With Esans / 15 Odu Ose Meji- You Are A Conqueror!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.