Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

I’m Ready To Appear Before Probe Panel —al-makura - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Appear Before Probe Panel —al-makura (679 Views)

Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Governor Al-Makura Lying On Bug-Infested Mattress In Government School (Pic) / Dasuki Lied, Shunned Arms Probe Panel’s Invitation –presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Appear Before Probe Panel —al-makura by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 1:40am On Jul 27, 2014
The Nasarawa State Governor, Umaru Al-Makura, has said he will appear before the seven-man panel of enquiry set up by the state’s Chief Judge, Justice Umaru Dikko, to investigate him.

The state House of Assembly had asked the Chief Judge to set up the panel to probe into allegations of mismanagement against the governor as part of the process to impeach him.

A Senior Special Adviser to the Governor on Media, Mr. Adulhameed Kwarra, said this, in an interview with our correspondent, on Saturday.

Kwarra, the only person mandated by the governor to speak to the press, however, urged the panel to, “as a matter of transparency,” follow the dictates of the law as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution.”

Meanwhile, Justice Dikko has said the embattled governor could either appear before the panel or send a representative to defend his “gross misconduct, financial impropriety and breach of oath of office” allegations.

The Chief Justice said this while inaugurating the panel in Lafia, the state capital.

Quoting what the Constitution says about the process, he said, “The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this Section 188 shall have the right to defend himself in person or be represented before the panel by a legal practitioner of his choice,

According to Dikko, if the panel presents its report to the Assembly and the allegations are not proven, there will be no further process in respect of the matter.

“Gross misconduct means a great violation or breach of the provisions of the Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the House of Assembly to gross misconduct,” he added.
http://www.punchng.com/news/im-ready-to-appear-before-probe-panel-al-makura/
Re: I’m Ready To Appear Before Probe Panel —al-makura by worthytalk: 6:05am On Jul 27, 2014
You have no choice. Just hope your secret meeting with Mr President yields fruit.
Re: I’m Ready To Appear Before Probe Panel —al-makura by Omexonomy: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2014
It is always better to fall with honour than to fall in disgrace.
Re: I’m Ready To Appear Before Probe Panel —al-makura by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2014
worthytalk: You have no choice. Just hope your secret meeting with Mr President yields fruit.

cheesy
Re: I’m Ready To Appear Before Probe Panel —al-makura by kgbd(m): 9:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Almakura is a poor player of the "dirty game" the neglected magma had become a stumbling rock for him....................... He forgot that the political system of democracy is a game of numbers, thereby putting behind him the crafty principle of "catch them young" or it devious twin brother of "eradicate them while young". Almakura's troubles can be likened to "the unmaimed Iroko tree"

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Or Ebola Virus Which One Is More Deadly? / Search For OLX Scammer / Dep Gov’s Impeachment: Enugu CJ Directed To Constitute Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.