Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards (21574 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Do Pastors Really Believe In A "God" All Is It All An Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by shejane: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
Whom I have chosen, I have justified and whom I have justified, I have Glorified says The Lord.

Dis heaven race na individual race y not run yours and leave others to God and not use ur tongue to condemn ursef

God is no respecter of any man and his words remain d same
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by ceaz4r(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
martyns303: Jesus Christ was sort after many times to be killed prior to him finally being arrested. At the point of him being arrested, one of his apostle took out a knife and cut off the ear of one of the arresting soldiers in an attempt to defend Jesus, but Jesus rebuked him, and even went ahead to heal the ear of the soldier. Am sure this is a demostration that there wasn't need for a defender (bodyguard). And if prosecutors should come, then one should face it, even with his life. A tough decision I know, but if u are not prepared for such sacrifice then u shouldn't take up a calling, u can't be enjoying the privilege and not make the sacrifice.

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like .........
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by gbolakpine(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
smh... just like saying he needs body guards to protect him from evil spirits... You can never substitute the protection from God with that of mere men. www.kongegist.com
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by jericco1(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
They don't need bodyguards, why don't they leave the book of Malachi and preach from other books of the bible, extorting money from the masses provokes a damn lot!. Maybe that's why an angry mob would attack a man of God.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by seedorfg(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Jesus preach without bodyguard, so how does this add to the preaching of pastors. All i know is many are call few are chosen
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rioavez: Just cos its life and death don't mean they should ignore security challenges bro. These people got families and loved ones too. Happy sunday
bro, datz were u are wrong. If u are to follow Jesus, u must forget everything includin loved ones, carry the cross and follow him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by newguy1(m): 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
@op. Pls do not compare pastors with jesus, its normal 2 want 2 be secured but d motive behind most of dem having it is what concern me d most.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by SeanT10: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Well, if they were really, really called by God, then no need for bodyguards.
Proverbs 16:7 says if a man's way pleases the Lord, He makes even his enemies at peace with him:
Mathews 26: 52 says those who live by the sword shall also die by the sword ie those who live by guns shall also die by guns.
Psalms 127:1 says If the LORD does not protect a city, it is useless for the guard to stay alert.
So, if really these so called Pastors are genuine, they should learn to live by the word of God because the weapons of our warfare are not canal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by tpia1: 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
It depends on your level.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by englishmart(m): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
saintvc: Did jesus use body-guard?
yes. He had 12 followers. one of them even had to cut the ear of one of their master's prosecutors
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
englishmart: yes. He had 12 followers. one of them even had to cut the ear of one of their master's prosecutors
why do pple just use a part of bible 2 justify dia comment. If u wanna use dat part, pls u all and dont segment it. Did Jesus reaction after da action encourage bodyguard or not. Read all of dat chapter u quoted 4rm to get ur ans. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
visasubagent: Well , these men can be equated with Jesus. Jesus was God and a man at the same time.
See washed mentality !!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by myspnigeria: 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
na wa o.... all is well
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by kingston247: 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rubbish.... And it seems u just justifying rubbish....
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by DECOtech(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
saintvc: Did jesus use body-guard?
Ok nah. OP, please replace the word "bodyguard" with "disciple" let's see if some people will understand better.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by JurassicPark: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
Men become lovers of themselves rather than lovers of God..
That is what we get when "missionary" becomes "ministry" just like ministry of finance grin
...and the "ministry" has to move forward abi na

I'm not judging them abeg o!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by dazzlingd(m): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
SeanT10: Well, if they were really, really called by God, then no need for bodyguards.
Everyone has been called by God, including you and I. No special person is appointed.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by declaro(m): 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
lalasticlala: I used to kick against Pastors moving about with bodyguards. I was like, what do they need bodyguards for, did Jesus move about with bodyguards?
But I seem to have a rethink now.
First, there are instances where pastors were reportedly killed abroad while preaching in the pulpit.
Then just few weeks ago, it was reported that a Nigerian Redeem Pastor was killed in the North by the dreaded insurgent group operating in those regions and his family abducted.
Although I doubt if the bodyguards could have withstood the attack had it been the pastor had bodyguards.
The security situation in the country has made the need for bodyguards by Nigerian pastors a desideratum and a sine qua non.

Then about my earlier thought about Jesus Christ not moving with bodyguards doing his time, I saw one comment sometime ago that seemed to buttress the fact that he did have bodyguards.

I think his disciples were his bodyguards.
They moved along with him wherever he went to.

Recall the time some children were trying to come to him and the disciples tried to prevent them but he told them to allow them.

In another instance, at the eve of Jesus' crucifixion, during his arrest, Peter used knife (arms) to cut off the ear of one of those that had come to arrest his master (oga) in an attempt to protect him.

So Nigerian pastors should have bodyguards if they wish but shouldn't use them to intimidate others.

Correct me where necessary.

[size=28pt](Matthew 16:25). For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

(Matthew 10:39). He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

(Mark 8:35). For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by tomiobj(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
visasubagent: Well , these men can be equated with Jesus. Jesus was God and a man at the same time.
. Eh eh eh. Rough play. Don't say jesus is/was God. Jesus never called him self God or encouraged any1 to call him God. There is only one God and he is a jealous God. I am 100% christian
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by tomiobj(m): 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
lalasticlala: I used to kick against Pastors moving about with bodyguards. I was like, what do they need bodyguards for, did Jesus move about with bodyguards?
But I seem to have a rethink now.
First, there are instances where pastors were reportedly killed abroad while preaching in the pulpit.
Then just few weeks ago, it was reported that a Nigerian Redeem Pastor was killed in the North by the dreaded insurgent group operating in those regions and his family abducted.
Although I doubt if the bodyguards could have withstood the attack had it been the pastor had bodyguards.
The security situation in the country has made the need for bodyguards by Nigerian pastors a desideratum and a sine qua non.

Then about my earlier thought about Jesus Christ not moving with bodyguards doing his time, I saw one comment sometime ago that seemed to buttress the fact that he did have bodyguards.

I think his disciples were his bodyguards.
They moved along with him wherever he went to.

Recall the time some children were trying to come to him and the disciples tried to prevent them but he told them to allow them.

In another instance, at the eve of Jesus' crucifixion, during his arrest, Peter used knife (arms) to cut off the ear of one of those that had come to arrest his master (oga) in an attempt to protect him.

So Nigerian pastors should have bodyguards if they wish but shouldn't use them to intimidate others.

Correct me where necessary.

Body guard or not. When it is your time to die. You die. A pastors bodyguard should be 'the power of God in the name of jesus'
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Samsonklin(m): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
queensenglish91: David said that. Why did he have armies and guards?
David was a soldier my friend. Do u expect him to have suya sellers? Electronics sellers? Or dvd sellers? Happy Sunday!!!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by joseph1832(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
To speak the truth, pastors have no business using bodyguards, aside Jesus, which of Jesus's followers had bodyguards, was it Paul, James, John or who exactly had bodyguards.

I have also come to notice that most pastors tend to copy of follow the path Jesus lead when it suits them. they never could copy his meek and general forgiving attitude.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by lomprico(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
Any pastor that tells u not to buy drugs to heal any illness does not need bodyguards period! And if they have, its a proof that they are scarmers.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by chamboy(m): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
newguy1: @op. Pls do not compare pastors with jesus, its normal 2 want 2 be secured but d motive behind most of dem having it is what concern me d most.
Bro, What is the meaning of Christian
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by joseph1832(m): 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
lomprico: Any pastor that tells u not to buy drugs to heal any illness does not need bodyguards period! And if they have, its a proof that they are scarmers.

Well I guess that means majority of them are scammers, because they will basically tell you exactly what you wrote here, saying; 'if you have zoe, you definately don't need to use drugs'.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by asodeboyede(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
kstyle2: Dunno if they need or they don't. All i know is that my harvest and your harvest dis week will be like dis

Amen in Jesus name!!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by visasubagent: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
tomiobj: . Eh eh eh. Rough play. Don't say jesus is/was God. Jesus never called him self God or encouraged any1 to call him God. There is only one God and he is a jealous God. I am 100% christian

Please go read phillipians 2:6 and John 10:30.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by osystein(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
There's alot of rivalry for the lost sheep market.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by daveP(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Since they started calling it 'my ministry' they have no choice than to treat it like an everyday business,thus bodyguardism surfaces.then again since they have no equal in the pastors,ministers that follow.people will have to throng for 'anointing' whereas deacon did the healing in the bible.how many can do it nowadays. Fear of death is the base of all this bodyguardness. Go look at Joel Osteen.not one bodyguard.corrupt heads that turned malachi to Moses!! I tell u any one of us that is suddenlt given 12men to be guarding us will have some selfworth.not to talk of when we have fat account,jets--PRIDE.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by antartica(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
kstyle2: Dunno if they need or they don't. All i know is that my harvest and your harvest dis week will be like dis

Imagine all these perfect looking organic pinapples.That stuff is hard money when utilized maximally.It is one of the best fruits in the world and in nigeria they can be grown with little efforts,with no much need for pesticides and insecticides.

No pastor or divine intervention can make you rich and comfortable,only you can set yourself free if you think and work hard.The socalled men of god thrive at the expense of the poor and ignorant.Their relevance lasts as long as the people refuse to learn.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by nora544: 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rexnegro: don't mind all those pastors carrying bodyguards up n down jare...maybe they forgot the bible part that said that fear not for am with u...and the other bible part that warned people of "touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm" as for me o my opinion is I tink they don't want to die cos they still wanna enjoy all their riches jare.... a Godly prophet shouldn't be afraid to die...but naija pastors na wetin they go chop dey run for their head alone...thats y I like daddy G.o pastor E.A adeboye u hardly see him flaunt bodyguards..tho I can't say if he has or not cos I haven't seen him with bodyguards.

sorry also Adeboye has bodygards, but his didnot look at the first sign as bodyguard they look like we have it here in europa!!!!!!!!!!!

but he is not better as all the other so called great man of god!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by tomiobj(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
visasubagent:

Please go read phillipians 2:6 and John 10:30.
. . I and my father are one. Means their together. Dosen't necessarily mean jesus is actually God. I'll check phillipians when I get home. And also. Let's take this to anoda thread in order not to derail this one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wife, Folu, On Her 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video) / Difference Between Christmas And Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.