Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards (21551 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Do Pastors Really Believe In A "God" All Is It All An Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by bebe2(f): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2014
Lol,

The only evidence i need to disbelieve all this religious crap, is comparing religious nations and not so religious ones.

E.g africa and europe.
For a continent that claim to love God so much, how can so much evil happen to them?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by sammieguze(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2014
Mtcheeeew
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 27, 2014
suwailad: They are not afraid to die for Jesus bah.so are they saved? Where is their salvation? Christ said if you aint worthy to die for him you are as good as shitte.so oyedepo=shitte, okotie=shitte,etc
I biliv yur a muslim. Sultan of sokoto don't have bodyguards? Or ur prophet mohammed(peace) didn't have bodyguards? Pls rethink and leave people with their own businesses. Have a great sunday

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by datguru: 9:39am On Jul 27, 2014
The bible said " be careful for nothing" . I think the pastors are holding on to this
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by TRADELYN: 9:40am On Jul 27, 2014
...it helps them concentrate on their ministry! The disciples of Jesus did same for Him.
However, the practice these days is being abused by many so~called pastors.

#It's better to reach that level before you criticize anyone doing it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by severee(m): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2014
grin of course they need bodyguards for swag purposes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Pastors needs bodyguards especially the popular ones. I have seen a case where a pastor finished preaching and was about to leave people start rushing him, some wants special prayers, some wants to take a picture, some wants to touch him and if not for the bodyguards they might have pushed the man down.. So you see why popular people needs bodyguards because Nigerians sabi misbehave
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Eyepencil: 9:51am On Jul 27, 2014
T.B JOSHUA IS A REAL MAN OF GOD

HE NEEDS NO BODYGUARD TO PROTECT HIM

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by BRAV0O(m): 9:51am On Jul 27, 2014
bercarray: i'm coming
oga grin , wait carry me na ' shaybi na church u dey drive this pamgolo go ? grin
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by wayne4loan: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2014
What about the pope?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by 9jahubcom(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2014
Well. Bcs of d state of d nations
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by bighorlus(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2014
What happened to. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadows of death I fear no evil.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by queensenglish91: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2014
ebamma: Psalm 27 verse 1 says
'The Lord is my light and
my salvation; whom shall
I fear? the Lord is the
strength of my life; of
whom shall I be afraid'.

any pastor were use bodyguard, na charlatan him be.
David said that. Why did he have armies and guards?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by AdelokikiMr(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2014
lalasticlala: I used to kick against Pastors moving about with bodyguards. I was like, what do they need bodyguards for, did Jesus move about with bodyguards?
But I seem to have a rethink now.
First, there are instances where pastors were reportedly killed abroad while preaching in the pulpit.
Then just few weeks ago, it was reported that a Nigerian Redeem Pastor was killed in the North by the dreaded insurgent group operating in those regions and his family abducted.
Although I doubt if the bodyguards could have withstood the attack had it been the pastor had bodyguards.
The security situation in the country has made the need for bodyguards by Nigerian pastors a desideratum and a sine qua non.

Then about my earlier thought about Jesus Christ not moving with bodyguards doing his time, I saw one comment sometime ago that seemed to buttress the fact that he did have bodyguards.

I think his disciples were his bodyguards.
They moved along with him wherever he went to.

Recall the time some children were trying to come to him and the disciples tried to prevent them but he told them to allow them.

In another instance, at the eve of Jesus' crucifixion, during his arrest, Peter used knife (arms) to cut off the ear of one of those that had come to arrest his master (oga) in an attempt to protect him.

So Nigerian pastors should have bodyguards if they wish but shouldn't use them to intimidate others.

Correct me where necessary.
. Mr Op, why should a man of God that preach against sin should be afraid of death or any attack when he knew is doing his mater Job and if anything happens to him he's still going to be at the masters arm or palace, Fine I'm a man of God That preaches about Faith and yet I do not have the faith that the God will protect me anywhere I am instead I use my own little way of protecting myself with body guards, to me I would rather preach d competence of d body guard instead of me preaching d person dat could nt guide me..which means if dey are truly man of God they will not be afraid no matter what shikena

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by BRAV0O(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2014
I actually have something to say but I will never comment in any pastors bashing treads ' let the Lord judge the criminals!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by queensenglish91: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2014
Zinosalexander: Lol. Do you know what happened to the twelve apostles after Jesus died? They were all martyred. You would have thought they would get proper protection (bodyguard) after about 3 of them have been killed?

The truth is Nigerian Pastors do not need bodyguard. If they were truly called by God, they God will find a way to guide and protect them. I am not really into the bible but I am sure they is a place the bible says "if God does not watch over a city, the watchmen watch in vain".

Do you need more explanation? or are you okay?
Your paradigm is not entirely wrong. But look up this scripture.

Proverbs 21:31
The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by joomiegirl(f): 10:09am On Jul 27, 2014
kevoh:
All Pastors should be ready to die and make HEAVEN. Stephen and a host of other apostles died while propagating the word of the Jewish God. Stop trying to justify this bodyguard nonsense.

Spot on! Your head is very there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by bercarray(m): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2014
BRAV0O: oga grin , wait carry me na ' shaybi na church u dey drive this pamgolo go ? grin
,hmm u pple don start u no dy take eye see rich pple,anyway,i go hep u,u go dey hep me push am 4 bk,i go dy insyd am
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by BRAV0O(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2014
bercarray: ,hmm u pple don start u no dy take eye see rich pple,anyway,i go hep u,u go dey hep me push am 4 bk,i go dy insyd am
oya grin but wait hope say the thing get engine sha cuz I go just push am small or else make u dey go ur way oO, I go trek ... Thanx
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Topestbilly(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2014
visasubagent: Well , these men can be equated with Jesus. Jesus was God and a man at the same time.

Why are you so confuse?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by francis247(m): 10:16am On Jul 27, 2014
kstyle2: Dunno if they need or they don't. All i know is that my harvest and your harvest dis week will be like dis
Yes, and even more but my means of transportation shall not be like this.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by francis247(m): 10:16am On Jul 27, 2014
kstyle2: Dunno if they need or they don't. All i know is that my harvest and your harvest dis week will be like dis
Yes, and even more but my means of transportation shall not be like that.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by betatalk: 10:19am On Jul 27, 2014
Body guard ko body guard ni. What about the members are they less important. Are they afraid to die?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 27, 2014
I am sure that Jesus didn't call his disciples for the purpose of using them as bodyguards. They were disciples, not bodyguards. They were learning the gospel so they could take over after Christ died. If your pastors want to justify their act, they should move with disciples not bodyguards.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by IYANGBALI: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2014
FrancisTony: There's nothing to justify their use of bodyguards, if they were truly called by God. smiley

Preaching of christ ministry is a matter of "life and death".

Or they should quit pastoring and extorting money from masses and less privileged. undecided
God bless you. @ op who are you to equate Jesus christ with these so called thieves,pastors my foot
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by IYANGBALI: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2014
hifaif: I am sure that Jesus didn't call his disciples for the purpose of using them as bodyguards. They were disciples, not bodyguards. They were learning the gospel so they could take over after Christ died. If your pastors want to justify their act, they should move with disciples not bodyguards.
please tell them

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by synergycom19: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2014
They have armed bodyguards to protect them, what about us?. Everyone needs protection.This same pastors don't tell us weather it's biblical or not to protects one self from attackers or defends oneself from attacks.
Or tell us what to do in face of attacks by Terrorists?
Or what did God said that should be done about it.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by IYANGBALI: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2014
Topestbilly:

Why are you so confuse?
what happened to your D
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by gebest: 10:31am On Jul 27, 2014
most of those body guards are their homosexual partners to refurbish their powers. so be careful with them.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Rexnegro(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2014
don't mind all those pastors carrying bodyguards up n down jare...maybe they forgot the bible part that said that fear not for am with u...and the other bible part that warned people of "touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm" as for me o my opinion is I tink they don't want to die cos they still wanna enjoy all their riches jare.... a Godly prophet shouldn't be afraid to die...but naija pastors na wetin they go chop dey run for their head alone...thats y I like daddy G.o pastor E.A adeboye u hardly see him flaunt bodyguards..tho I can't say if he has or not cos I haven't seen him with bodyguards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wife, Folu, On Her 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video) / Where And How Can I Summon This Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.