Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) (39426 Views)

5 Interesting, Yet Wierd Facts About Nigerians / 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(pics) / Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Travelling To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2014
An average foreigner (from any continent including Africa) gets scared when you say "I'm from Nigeria"

Why?

Just two reasons:

They believe we're terrible people

They're intimidated by the ability of an average Nigerian to outclass, outsmart, outwit or outshine them.# This one is mostly true!

6 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by 360command: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2014
tomiobj: . Ermmmmm. If what you are sayn is right. Then people must be very foolish. Because why will a person that has electricity in hs country nw wants to come to a country that has no electricity. Many major countries has warned their citizens to avoid nigeria because it's government can't protect its own people. Boko haram issues. Robbery kidnapping. Nd soka's

. It depends on individual, light or life no dey Masai regions of kenya but yet people visit them. Even when they go back, they still want to come back for a re-visit.
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2014
begwong: Reasons why our south african babes can kill themselves for naija guys.lol

Don't be delusional! Its mostly for a fling thing. Many Nigerians guys are facing hell in their marriage to SA babes. Na like mopping stick dem they use these guys.

Naija boy go dey for house no fit talk seeing his SA wife sleeping with myriads of men. Sh*t!

They marry after-two SA babe for what? Stay?

They're not enjoying SA at all, dibt be deceived! angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by iriskiki(f): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2014
neuljosh: 6. When a woman cooks for her husband everyday

Nigerian wives cook for their husbands not because it is compulsory or they are forced to do it. They cook for their husbands to show how much they love them and also because it is part of our culture and traditions

Na so Dem tell you abi?
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by tomiobj(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2014
360command: . It depends on individual, light or life no dey Masai regions of kenya but yet people visit them. Even when they go back, they still want to come back for a re-visit.

Don't know anything about Kenya. But no one is coming to nigeria again. Especially whites. If you travel abroad to and fro. 90%of the people in the plane are nigerian. @ d immigration queue. D whole plane goes under nigerian passports. Lyk 5 oda goes to non-nigerians
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 28, 2014
anago9010: is madness a trademark in your household. I flog them cos I was registering ss1 new intake students, and I have to enter some biodata information on them. I expect them to call there father Mr something something and not okechukwu straight forward.

Insulting her household is totally uncalled for. Just because her views don't match yours. If her father doesn't see his daughter calling him by his name as disrespectful, why should you?

You're welcome to your views, but you CAN'T force them on others, just because you feel the opinions of others are wrong.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by bidexmat(m): 8:58am On Jul 28, 2014
Lanceslot: Thank you for pointing that out, wise man. An Igboman don't prostrate to greet anybody.
y igbo man go prostrate? U na get elders?! E lagba nle!Raini gare ku ai. Shashasha
"Obun riiku oko ti ran man!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by SugaryBelle(f): 8:58am On Jul 28, 2014
anago9010:

is madness a trademark in your household. I flog them cos I was registering ss1 new intake students, and I have to enter some biodata information on them. I expect them to call there father Mr something something and not okechukwu straight forward.
You are a very crazy person.The students are obviously smarter than you,they know their fathers' name is not Mr. the only thing your fickle brain understood from that is that they are disrespectful,for you to now conclude that all Igbos call their parents their first names as sign of disrespect,like you lived with them all.Something else is obviously troubling you,don't drag me into your madness.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by anago9010(m): 9:07am On Jul 28, 2014
amadice: ....off to get my daily bread, bastard i wish u all d bad lucks, misfortunes, sickness and bad news dis week as to offer still d day ur miserable life shall end, dnt hav time for jobless foools like u....dnt quote me again

wish you all that in million folds, plus incurable ailments, gigantic penury, poverty and misery. you are even a slave!!!!! you still hustle at alaba during holidays, your life must really suck.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by snadguy007(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2014
dhammyg: and what about dose ugly hairy touts in aba and onitsha,are dey polite?going by nairaland and other social networks,most of u ibo fucktards ar rude,insultive and lack manners.lagos is not d only place in nigeria, broda ode,alainironu oshi

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by anago9010(m): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2014
SugaryBelle: You are a very crazy person.The students are obviously smarter than you,they know their fathers' name is not Mr. the only thing your fickle brain understood from that is that they are disrespectful,for you to now conclude that all Igbos call their parents their first names as sign of disrespect,like you lived with them all.Something else is obviously troubling you,don't drag me into your madness.

is crazy your family name, if disrespecting parents it a thing of pride in your land, in other places will detest it, and to know you are way more than stupid. the parent always appreciate the gesture of after scolding there wards for calling them by their first names with no iota of respect. and for your abuses don't go there with me, just take a peep of my post history or siggy to give you an insight on my curse prowess.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by samseen02(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2014
neuljosh: 8. Nigerians are not polite and orderly

People abroad think Nigerians are not orderly because they jump queues or do not line up in an orderly fashion. Why waste time on the queue when it is every man for himself. Sometimes, the last shall be the first and the first shall be the last. Hehe!
laugh hour
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by SugaryBelle(f): 9:20am On Jul 28, 2014
anago9010:

is crazy your family name, if disrespecting parents it a thing of pride in your land, in other places will detest it, and to know you are way more than stupid. the parent always appreciate the gesture of after scolding there wards for calling them by their first names with no iota of respect. and for your abuses don't go there with me, just take a peep of my post history or siggy to give you an insight on my curse prowess.
You are conceited,i've seen your signature,wow! i'm sooo scared...like what ever gutter words you have acquired will as much as make a single dent on my well tailored dress,pity.The floor is open,have a field day.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Odika1: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2014
neuljosh:
For the sake of folks like you, I would have to add #11. Some Nigerian are tribal bigots Please don't come and tribalize this trend.
This is why i hate these Sw people,i always feel like sticking a knife to their chest whenever i come in contact with them.ndi ofe mmanu nwuru anwu.
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by kechywillz(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2014
i still find some weird things abt foriegners
1.They kiss in the public
2.Their women wear bra n pants in d public #try it in naija
3.They eat uncooked foods alot
4.Kids dont greet their elders

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by lekeey: 9:34am On Jul 28, 2014
Lanceslot: Thank you for pointing that out, wise man. An Igboman don't prostrate to greet anybody.

Let that Ibo man come and marry a Yoruba girl then.
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Jovie: 9:35am On Jul 28, 2014
Henrypraise:

12. Nigerians are religious actors: sum one goes to all d churches n still has a charm in a cupboard.
shocked shocked
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 28, 2014
neuljosh: 4. Bizarre Greeting Culture
People abroad think our greeting methods and habits are bizarre.
Our greeting methods are part of our culture and that is why we stick to it. Our greeting styles (Ladies kneel down while Men prostrate on the floor) are part of our heritage, a sign of respect, it is who we are and we are proud of it.
are you referring to 'nigerians' or 'yoruba'?
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 28, 2014
Our greeting methods are part of our culture and that is why we stick to it. Our greeting styles (Ladies kneel down while Men prostrate on the floor) are part of our heritage, a sign of respect, it is who we are and we are proud of it.

Wrong!!!! That culture is exclusive to yorubas... I thought you were talking about Nigerians? As a whole? Makes more sense about the "Loud" part.
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by odusbanty1(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2014
I love this........ So I say 'I pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithfull and honest, to serve him with all my strength........... Love your country because you no other home. Good job op......... angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by BabaO2: 10:13am On Jul 28, 2014
papadjaji: Pls correct ur topic to read yorubas and not pple of 9ja undecided
He forgot to mention that annexed part of Nigeria people are disrespectful though

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Kimmo(f): 10:31am On Jul 28, 2014

I've promised myself that if I'm able to teach my children nothing else, I'll definitely teach them how to respect not just elders, but everyone. Oyinboo peeps sef like am. I remember my mom once worked with a German who had to bring his son to Nigeria because the boy told him to F off (at thirteen!)

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2014
Omexonomy: Those oyinbo people are always seeing nigerian as quarrelsome people. We quarrel over nothing es in nairaland.
I remember when i was dating mukina2 up to when she turns 60years we are found of quarrelling always in the mid of oyinbo people.

You dated who ?

That thing you smoke must be fresh..
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Omexonomy: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2014
okparaugo:

You dated who ?

That thing you smoke must be fresh..
did mukin2 denid it? Why not face ur front?
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by mariomakez(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2014
papadjaji: Pls correct ur topic to read yorubas and not pple of 9ja undecided
dis is our problem smiley we don't see our self's as one.we are Nigerians d content of d msg shouldn't specify all tribes . wink
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by myspnigeria: 11:09am On Jul 28, 2014
Them go hate us tire.....lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Will Ambode’s 5000 New BRT Buses Solve The Lagos Traffic Challenge? (see PHOTOS) / Commercial Bus Driver Crushes Motorist To Death In Meiran, Lagos (Photos) / The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.