Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano (63552 Views)

Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / Suicide Bombers Kill Themselves, Three Others In Failed Borno Attacks(photo) / Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by heywhytech1(m): 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fatdon: [b]Ten Obvious Reasons Why
Islam is NOT a Religion of Peace #1 18,000 deadly terror attacks
committed explicitly in the name of
Islam in just the last ten years. (Other
religions combined for perhaps a
dozen or so). #2 Muhammad, the prophet of Islam,
had people killed for insulting him or
for criticizing his religion. This included
women. Muslims are told to emulate the
example of Muhammad. #3 Muhammad said in many places that he
has been "ordered by Allah to fight
men until they testify that there is no
god but Allah and that Muhammad is
his messenger." In the last nine years of
his life, he ordered no less than 65 military campaigns to do exactly that. Muhammad inspired his men to war
with the basest of motives, using
captured loot, sex and a gluttonous
paradise as incentives. He beheaded
captives, enslaved children and raped
women captured in battle. Again, Muslims are told to emulate the
example of Muhammad. #4 After Muhammad died, the people who
lived with him and knew his religion
best immediately fell into war with
each other. Fatima, Muhammad's favorite daughter,
survived the early years among the
unbelievers at Mecca safe and sound,
yet died of stress from the
persecution of fellow Muslims only six
months after her father died. She even miscarried Muhammad's grandchild
after having her ribs broken by the
man who became the second caliph. Fatima's husband Ali, who was the
second convert to Islam and was
raised like a son to Muhammad, fought
a civil war against an army raised by
Aisha, Muhammad's favorite wife - and
one whom he had said was a "perfect woman." 10,000 Muslims were killed in a
single battle waged less than 25 years
after Muhammad's death. Three of the first four Muslim rulers
(caliphs) were murdered. All of them
were among Muhammad's closest
companions. The third caliph was killed
by allies of the son of the first (who
was murdered by the fifth caliph a few years later, then wrapped in the
skin of a dead donkey and burned).
The fourth caliph (Ali) was stabbed to
death after a bitter dispute with the
fifth. The fifth caliph went on to
poison one of Muhammad's two favorite grandsons. The other
grandson was later beheaded by the
sixth caliph. The infighting and power struggles
between Muhammad's family members,
closest companions and their children
only intensified with time. Within 50
short years of Muhammad's death,
even the Kaaba, which had stood for centuries under pagan religion, lay in
ruins from internal Muslim war... And that's just the fate of those within
the house of Islam! #5 Muhammad directed Muslims to
wage war on other religions and bring
them under submission to Islam. Within
the first few decades following his
death, his Arabian companions invaded
and conquered Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and Zoroastrian lands. A mere 25 years after Muhammad's
death, Muslim armies had captured
land and people within the borders of
over 28 modern countries outside of
Saudi Arabia. #6 Muslims continued their Jihad against
other religions for 1400 years, checked
only by the ability of non-Muslims to
defend themselves. To this day, not a
week goes by that Islamic
fundamentalists do not attempt to kill Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists
explicitly in the name of Allah. None of these other religions are at
war with each other. #7 Islam is the only religion that has to
retain its membership by threatening
to kill anyone who leaves. This is
according to the example set by
Muhammad. #8 Islam teaches that non-Muslims are
less than fully human. Muhammad said
that Muslims can be put to death for
murder, but that a Muslim could never
be put to death for killing a non-
Muslim. #9
The Qur'an never once speaks of Allah's
love for non-Muslims, but it speaks of
Allah's cruelty toward and hatred of
non-Muslims more than 500 times. #10 "Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu
Akbar!"
(The last words from the cockpit of
Flight 93)[/b]

May God punish ur entire generation. Who narrated the above trash to you? If truly u read all that from holy Quran you should at least back it up with verse and chapter you read and copied from.#brainwashed Western Mofo.

1 Like

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by elfico(m): 11:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
eaglechild:

Please, when you get to the mosque to pray, I implore you to boldly speak out against violence.

Speak out against the murder of innocent citizens.

Speak out against the hate towards non-muslims.

Speak about the sanctity of human life

I do speak out against violence of any form. And thank you for not being disrespectful.

2 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe in something that your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.

Faith is believing something you know ain't true." ~ Mark Twain

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by mixedgene: 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
patriotic007: after the removal of Nyako i saw all this coming......these boko haram attacks have a particular pattern of occurence and its all clearer to me nw
Pls explain, so it can be clearer to us too, thanks
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Roon9(m): 12:44am On Jul 28, 2014
Epathra: and again I say prove him wrong!

Dey cnt! Cos he jus said truth
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Roon9(m): 12:49am On Jul 28, 2014
waldigit:
If I explain you can never understand. Because the author of those verses you quoted is not living in you and He has to be, so that you can understand.
This is the logic, read those new testament chapter very well, the same man who you quoted rebuked his disciples when they told to Him to roast his opposition with fire. He stopped peter from fighting back to resist his arrest calculated to kill Him. He healed the man wounded in the scuffle by Peter. He did not utter any word to defend Himself against false accusation. As if that is not enough He pleaded with God to forgive those who were killing Him. He did all these because HE IS THE LORD.
I pray the above should help you. Would you not rather give your life to Him today. He loves you.

Its fruitless making such people see reasons! Hw they think Gods battle is the physical! #learners
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by am0s(m): 1:00am On Jul 28, 2014
aumeehn: hahaah grin grin brainwashd mofo!! Can you tell me who narrated this story to you... Even the oyinbo guys wey u dey follow worship jesus no dey go church no shout lie like dis ontop xtianity matter....d arabians dat u guys sed colonise us practice the relegion morethan us...we emulate from them...aswear d diffrence btw church and a Night club iz juz small..!!i will never WORSHIP A GOD WHO CANT SURVIVE WITHOUT FOOD AND WATER, A GOD DAT POO ND PEE..NEVER!!!
nd diz wot i call pointless
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Tekecoms1(m): 1:09am On Jul 28, 2014
Has anyone ever wondered why
1. Most agbero's are muslims?
2. Most okada riders and molue drivers are muslims?
3. Most cult guys are muslims?
4. Most bricklayers are muslims?
5. Most mechanics and meat hawkers are muslims?
6. Most babalawos are muslims?
and a lot more.
just thinking loud.

2 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by ron5ke: 2:44am On Jul 28, 2014
Kenneylee:

I'm really disappointed with your statement (Christian).... Mind you! They're killing their fellow Muslim brother (with name Abubakar Umar).
#QUESTIONS;
#1. Just because someone is quoting verses & doing his wish, did that justify him to be a true Muslim?

#2. What if he's quoting the verses & interpreting it wrongly or according to his wish, did that prove him doing the right thing?

OKAY, IF YOURE A GOOD CHRISTIAN, I GUESS YOU'LL HAVE A GOOD BIBLE & ALSO UNDERSTAND THE EXPLANATION!

Can any peace loving Christian out there explain this?

ENUMERATE
............... ...............
"Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish: You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20
Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy
13:6-10
Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you.
Deuteronomy 13:12-16
Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7
Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13
Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20
Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11
Matthew 10:34-36 -"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35"For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household."
Luke 12:51,52 -"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two, and two against three..."
Luke 22:36-"And He said to them,"But now, let him who has a purse take it along, likewise also a bag, and let him who has no sword sell his
robe and buy one.

When I first saw this, I didn't believe until I read those passages on a bible! NOW WILL YOU RENOUNCE CHRISTIANITY

Thanks.
Hello,uhh dats not d case here....dnt u get it?..history ain't on ur side. All dz bible verses u quoted shey u don read am abi u c am sumwia too??..#Juxsaying
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by ron5ke: 2:45am On Jul 28, 2014
tonychristopher:

he isn't misleading but stating the obvious
Correct grin
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by ron5ke: 2:49am On Jul 28, 2014
aumeehn: hahaah grin grin brainwashd mofo!! Can you tell me who narrated this story to you... Even the oyinbo guys wey u dey follow worship jesus no dey go church no shout lie like dis ontop xtianity matter....d arabians dat u guys sed colonise us practice the relegion morethan us...we emulate from them...aswear d diffrence btw church and a Night club iz juz small..!!i will never WORSHIP A GOD WHO CANT SURVIVE WITHOUT FOOD AND WATER, A GOD DAT POO ND PEE..NEVER!!!
undecided undecided undecidedundecided
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by ron5ke: 2:52am On Jul 28, 2014
heywhytech1:

May God punish ur entire generation. Who narrated the above trash to you? If truly u read all that from holy Quran you should at least back it up with verse and chapter you read and copied from.#brainwashed Western Mofo.
U northern?? undecided
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 3:05am On Jul 28, 2014
ifex370: i believe the north is paying for the attrocities it committed during the nigerian civil war...

LORD, continually protect your people... Amen
35 people liked this post?!
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by yinkarh187(m): 6:20am On Jul 28, 2014
Epathra: and again I say prove him wrong!
wats d essence of proving anything wen for sure u can't agree wit me but can atleast browse d internet (a reliable source like wikipedia) nd find out more about d prophet..many non-muslims proved he's d best man dat ever lived
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 28, 2014
naijaking1: Say no to hijab.
mtsw
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 28, 2014
elfico:
you have succeded in misleading about 263 more human beings based on the number of likes u got for the misinformation and disinformation. SMH. Keep it up. Its just disturbing how people just swallow any information hook line and sinker based on their sentiment.
N.B: Any other bigot is free to quote me and say nonsense. Islam is here to stay. No amount of hating and false propanganda will stop it. The sooner you realise that, the better for you. You can go ahead qouting the Qu'ran and history out of context. It aint your fault, your audience knows no better and would rather remain in the dark.

Misleading? Even if you look at the facts, scientifically, it's still obvious something is seriously wrong with Islam. And who should know but I? No one could know better than one who was previously of that persuasion.
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 28, 2014
Tekecoms1: Has anyone ever wondered why
1. Most agbero's are muslims?
2. Most okada riders and molue drivers are muslims?
3. Most cult guys are muslims?
4. Most bricklayers are muslims?
5. Most mechanics and meat hawkers are muslims?
6. Most babalawos are muslims?
and a lot more.
just thinking loud.

It's because their religion never encourages them to get ahead in life. "Amuwa olorun ni" (this is what alla.h wants) they always say. They can't question their god. He does what he likes and you can't question him. All the characteristics of a true god, he lacketh; he can't fight for himself, can't defend his own name, spreads his own 'way' through violence, can't perform a single miracle... Almost all the wars in the world at any particular period of time can be traced to his doorstep. He's a fake!

1 Like

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 28, 2014
his life, he ordered no less than 65 military campaigns to do exactly that. Muhammad inspired his men to war
and conquered Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and Zoroastrian lands. A mere 25 years after Muhammad's
Muslim. #9
Akbar!"
Flight 93)[/b]
"La ila ha illallah muhammad rasulullah" there is no god worthy of worship except Allah. Brother, u criticise n talk ill about islam without any proof. U have no verses either from ur bible or from d quran or hadith to back your pointd. To me, all u hav said r mere invalid hypothesis. You have spoken bad words about islam, nd u claim to be a good xtian. Surprise surprise you xtians do not even follow the teachings of your bible. Do u need proof?
Prophet jesus (a.s) whom u follow his teachings prayef the way other prophets prayed check from d old n new testaments《genesis 17:3, joshua 5:14》
"And he went a little further and fell on his face and prayed saying O my father if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will but as thou wilt
" mathew 26:39
In another verse
"And he went forward a litle n fell in the ground and prayed that, if it wer possible, the hour might pass from him"
Mark 14:35

- hv u ever seen xtians praying in d way as given in the testaments
- did jesus (a.s) play music in d temple or use the bells to call people to prayer.
So again brother. If ure saying that islam is not a religion of peace. Thn please back up ur points with quotations of verses. All u hv succeded in doing is just "speaking what u think".
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 28, 2014
Wittywizard: No wonder. Now i can see the reason why Governor Fashola is figthing those putting on hijab... Na wah oooh. May those that kill be killed for their wrong doing. Amen
"hijab is the solution to indecent dressing nd most importantly, rape!
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 28, 2014
MuhdG: "hijab is the solution to indecent dressing nd most importantly, rape!
I think its better to wear bikinis and be peaceful, than to wear hijab and throw bombs at people.

1 Like

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 28, 2014
heywhytech1:

with all due respect brother. Next time if u want to back up the religion of Allah (swt) do it calmly. Lets not tarnish d image of islam while defending it. Happy eid el fitr
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 28, 2014
smurfy:

Misleading? Even if you look at the facts, scientifically, it's still obvious something is seriously wrong with Islam. And who should know but I? No one could no better than one who was previously of that persuasion.
scientifically you say Ok spill d science, we r all ears
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by princenayo: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2014
etebefia: i want to tell you people the truth, boko haram is an IDEOLOGY, even if you kill shekau and his army today today, many shekau will come out today today, the mistake we make is categorizing all the bomb blast under one umbrella (boko haram), but the truth is that these people bombing these places may not have any contact with shekau, but once you believe in what shekau is doing and you can arrange bomb for yourself then you are good to go.
Good analysis. Now the question is if the reward for a male suicide bomber is 77 virgins in paradise, what is the reward for a female suicide bomber?
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by tonychristopher: 8:13am On Jul 28, 2014
heywhytech1:

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join thefight arecalled'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.Unlike nearly all of theOld Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence inthe Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.The context of violent passages is more ambiguous than might be expected of a perfect book from a loving God, however this can work both ways. Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence. Apologists cater to their preferences with tenuous arguments that gloss over historical fact and generally do not stand upto scrutiny. Still, it is important to note that the problem isnotbad people, but bad ideology.Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued untilthey either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. Muhammad's own martial legacy - and that of his companions - along with the remarkable stress on violence found in the Quran have produced a trail of blood and tears across world history.The Quran:Quran (2:191-193)-"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah[disbelief]is worse than killing...but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah[disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah]and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"(Translation is from theNoble Quran) Thehistorical contextof this passage isnotdefensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and werenotunder attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urgeoffensivewarfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which theylater did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until"religion is for Allah"-ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.Quran (2:244)-"Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."Quran (2:216)-"Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. ButAllah knoweth, and ye know not."Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad wasactually trying to motivate his people intoraiding merchant caravansfor loot.Quran (3:56)-"As to those who reject faith, Iwill punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."Quran (3:151)-"Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').Quran (4:74)-"Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shallbestow a vast reward."The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were ledmeekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah.This is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.Quran (4:76)-"Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"Quran (4:89)-"They but wish that ye shouldreject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."Quran (4:95)-"Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (athome). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-"This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearlynotreferring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).Quran (4:104)-"And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, thensurely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."Is pursuing an injured and retreating enemy really an act of self-defense?Quran (5:33)-"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world,and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"Quran (8:12)-"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.Quran (8:15)-"O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn notyour backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."Quran (8:39)-"And fight with them until there is no more fitna(disorder, unbelief)and religion should be only for Allah"Some translations interpret "fitna" as"persecution", but the traditional understanding of this word is not supportedby the historical context (See notes for 2:193). The Meccans were simply ref

2 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Epathra(f): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2014
yinkarh187: wats d essence of proving anything wen for sure u can't agree wit me but can atleast browse d internet (a reliable source like wikipedia) nd find out more about d prophet..many non-muslims proved he's d best man dat ever lived
you are yet to make a point! until then, he is very correct!
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by tonychristopher: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2014
princenayo:
Good analysis. Now the question is if the reward for a male suicide bomber is 77 virgins in paradise, what is the reward for a female suicide bomber?

However, history shows us that when religious men engage in immoral behavior then they are judged more harshly. This is because they proclaim a moral code and betray it. Muhammad falls into this religious category and this is why we should examine his actions. Muhammad proclaimed himself as the best example for humans to follow and Muslims are instructed to follow his lifestyle (Quran, 68:4, 33:21), hence he should be held to a higher standard.But we must be fair if we evaluate Muhammad. He was a man, and should be expected to act like a normal man, one who deals with the temptations of human nature. We cannot expect him to be completely pure and innocent. All men are sinners, including Muhammad1, and all men have sex drives. Even a morally fine man like the American President Jimmy Carter confessed to the sin of lust. I doubt he is alone. So to point the finger at Muhammad and condemn him for that would be unfair. Men like having sex andMuhammad was no exception.Therefore, this is not a voyeuristic exercise intended to hold a man who proclaims morality accountable for the slightest error.But, if his sex drive were so great and unchecked that it clouded his judgment, influenced his religious teachings, and drovehis actions, then it would be justified and necessary to criticize Muhammad.And please note: throughout the Quran there are verses showing that Allah was concerned with Muhammad’s sexual activities. Allah gives specific commands to Muslims concerning with whom they may and may not have sex, and even how they physically could have sex (a reference to sexual positions is found in 2:222, 223). Since the Quran and Hadith speak frequently of sex it is legitimate to take a deeper look.Consequently, we are going to examine Muhammad’s actions, statements, and attitudes related to sex.Is Muhammad’s Paradise little more than an opulent Nevada LovePeddler house where men can spend all the day long in intercourse with beautiful angelic-like beings, or is it a place where Allah is worshipped in purity of heart, or is it both? Did Muhammad act properly when he dealt with women and men when sex was involved? Did Muhammad treat women properly or were they little more than instruments to satisfy his lust? Was Muhammad so focused on sexual satisfaction that it caused him to pronounce teachings that degraded women?In order to examine Muhammad’s actions, statements, and attitudes related to sex, we have to actually consider what the Islamic source materials state, i.e. the writings of theQuran, Hadith, and Sira. Many authors render many opinions but few of them bother to quote the Islamic source materials and discuss their application and context.To answer the questions I’m going to break this examination into three topics and quote primarily from Islamic source materials. These topics are:1) Muhammad, Houris, and sex in Paradise.2) Muhammad’s dealings with men and women involving sex.3) Muhammad’s teachings on a woman’s station with respect to sex.[NOTE: When I use the term "Allah" I am referring specifically to Islam’s God. Allah simply means God in Arabic, but in order to distinguish between Islam’s God, and Christianity’s God, I use the term "Allah"].[NOTE: If there is bold in the quotes that I use, the emphasis is mine.]===============================================================1) MUHAMMAD, HOURIS, AND SEX IN PARADISEWe start with Muhammad’s Quran - the mostimportant Islamic text. It states that in Paradise men will be married to "Houris" (beautiful, angelic-like female creatures who’s virginity is renewed each day). Here are some verses:"Thus (shall it be), and We will wed them withHouris, pure, beautiful ones." The Evident Smoke, 44:54 Shakir2… They shall recline on couches lined with thick brocade, and within reach will hang the fruits of both gardens. … Therein are bashful virgins whom neither man nor jinnee will have touched (opening their hymens with sexual intercourse) before. … Virgins as fair as corals and rubies…. The Beneficent, 55:54-58 Dawood3In each there shall be virgins chaste and fair.… Dark eyed virgins sheltered in their tents whom neither man nor jinnee would have touched before. They shall recline on green cushions and fine carpets. … The Beneficent 55:70-77 DawoodWe created the Houris and made them virgins, loving companions for those of the right hand… That Which is Coming, 56:36 DawoodAs for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high-bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup. The Tidings, 78:31-33 DawoodAlso reference 52:20, 56:22-24(NOTE: for brevity’s sake I omitted the repetitive phrase "Which of your Lord’s blessings would you deny?" and representedit with three dots " for verses 55:54-77).The Hadith also mention the Houris…Narrated Abu Huraira:The Prophet said, "The first batch (of people) who will enter Paradise will be (glittering) like the full moon, and the batch next to themwill be (glittering) like the most brilliant star in the sky. Their hearts will be as if the heart of a single man, for they will have neither enmity nor jealousy amongst themselves; everyone will have two wives from the houris, (who will be so beautiful, pure and transparent that) the marrow of the bones of their legs will be seen through the bones andthe flesh." Bukhari4, volume 4, #476.Narrated Abu Huraira:Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers.Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall."Bukhari, volume 4,#544.(Also ref. Sahih Muslim5, #6793).The great Islamic scholar, Ibn Kathir6, comments on 78:33sadAnd vineyards, andKawa`ib Atrab,) meaning,wide-eyed maidens with fully developed breasts. Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid and others havesaid, (Kawa`ib) "This means round breasts. They meant by this that the breasts of these girls will be fully rounded and not sagging, because they will be virgins, equal in age.This means that they will only have one age.'' The explanation of this has already been mentioned in Surat Al-Waqi`ah…Comment on 56:36 from Maariful Tafsir7(commentary)The word "abkaran, being the plural of bikr, means ‘virgins’. The sense is the creation of the maidens of Paradise will be of such a nature that, even after every sexual intercourse, they will remain like virgins. (Source, Page 290).Comment on 44:54 from Maariful Tafsir… Although the inmates of Paradise will not be legally obligated to observe the precepts of Shariah the purpose of marriage will be to honour them. Therefore, this should not raiseany objection IF the word is taken in the first sense, houris having big dark eyes will be given as life partners to the men of Paradise. The houris in this case will be granted to them as a gift. There will be no need for a contract of marriage as is done in this world. (Source, Page 762).Some interesting comments are found in The Shorter Encyclopedia of Islam8, page 141, under the word, "Hur"."Two names are written on their breasts, one of the names of Allah and the name of their husband. They wear many jewels and ornaments etc. on their hands and feet. They dwell in splendid palaces surrounded by female attendants and all possible luxury.When the believer enters Paradise he is welcomed by one of these beings; a large number of them are at his disposal; he cohabits with each of them as often as he has fasted days in Ramadan and as often as he has performed good works besides. Yet they remain always virgins…Thus far we see that Muhammad’s Allah placed an emphasis on sexual pleasure in Paradise. The Houris are companions who remain in a perpetual state of virginity, regardless of ho
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by doubleO30(m): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2014
Muslim. #9
Akbar!"
Flight 93)[/b]
oga u dnt knw wat u r saying cos if u do u wont b talking abt islam shaby. I pray may allah forgive u
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by isamusainuwa: 9:37am On Jul 28, 2014
Fatdon nigeria is to too small for u to be fetch so knw how u vomit word about islam cus u hav freedom of speech but what goes out frm ur mouth is irreversable and is dat which u shal not be guaranteed with, so plss be warned cus der is no compulsory in religion, do urs and let other do ders.
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by hunterden: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2014
ifex370: i believe the north is paying for the attrocities it committed during the nigerian civil war...

Cow!! see reasoning....everything na religion..thats why the country is still like this...going nowhere!!!

LORD, continually protect your people... Amen
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by yinkarh187(m): 11:10am On Jul 28, 2014
Epathra: you are yet to make a point! until then, he is very correct!
....correct??...don't make me laf anybody can wake up in d morning nd write whatever comes to his/her head...how can a non-muslim know all dat?..ask him from which source he got dat from
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Epathra(f): 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
in ur previous quote, u said a reliable source can teach him abt the good side of the quran shey? why do u think that reliable source cant point out the negatives? u r not quoting with the kind of intelligence that moves me. so please until u have a counter claim, he is right and dont quote me again coz i wont reply until i see smth intelligent that answers my question
yinkarh187: ....correct??...don't make me laf anybody can wake up in d morning nd write whatever comes to his/her head...how can a non-muslim know all dat?..ask him from which source he got dat from
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Dies In Failed Attempt to bomb University In Kano by Jesuspistol(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Daniyemi: The Nigeria police said a lone female suicide
bomber died in an attempt to bomb, Northwest
University in Kano around 1PM Nigerian time.
The female estimated to be 16 years of age, was
walking suspiciously towards the gate of the
university when police guarding the area spotted
her, isolated her and called for reinforcement from
female police officers adept at handling Muslim
females.
The young woman who had a bomb concealed
inside her hijab, killed herself by detonating her
explosives

Thank God o. We pray to hear more of such good news of terrorists' death. And there death will be more horrible than this henceforth IJN - Amen o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Chimaroke Nnamani Declares Himself President Of Igbo Spare Parts Dealers / Johannes Tobi 'Invites' Davido To Perform At APC Oyetola's Thanksgiving Party / Faisal Abdulrasheed, Maina’s Son Pulled A Pistol Against DSS - EFCC Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.