Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,613 members, 7,770,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words (3970 Views)

100 Words For Nigeria @ 100. A Poem / Memories Of My Days In 100 Level / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by kennikazi(m): 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
[size=14pt]In this new age of people with very short attention spans, the idea of writing long stories seems not to be working anymore. So with my spare #1,000, I thought it would be a good idea to start a flash fiction challenge. Now, all you have to do is write a complete and interesting short story in less than 100 words. And the story with the highest likes would get AWOF credit (on any network). Sounds like fun? Start writing then!

SUBMISSIONS END FRIDAY, 1ST AUGUST, 2014 est 12NOON[/size]
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by kennikazi(m): 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
MY OWN STORY: SHUTDOWN

The taping sounds the keyboard gave as I typed the words “SHUTDOWN” took me back to the days where it all started. I was five and watched in awe as the delivery men assembled her in the living room. That night I was allowed to type my name as many times as I wanted, and I just couldn’t stop typing, I was in love with her, I was in love with computers. It’s been 23 years and I still love her, though she crippled the internet and made me the most wanted cyber terrorist in America, I still cherish computers.

1 Like

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
k
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
EVERY GIRLS' DREAM
Nkechi was in high spirits! Who wouldn’t be? She was about to marry the son of the richest man in Africa, in approximately two hours, she would become Mrs Dangote!
The sun was shining, the bridesmaids were resplendent and the groom was waiting.
Nkechi glided down the aisle to ‘the wedding march’ and faced her handsome groom; she heard the voice of the Minister as if from afar:
‘Nkechi! The soup is burning!’
‘wtf? ’ she thought,
Then she heard it again, and this time, the voice was familiar
‘Nkechi!!! Wake up and check that soup before I get you!

5 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by kennikazi(m): 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
bestestgirl: Nkechi was in high spirits! Who wouldn’t be? She was about to marry the son of the richest man in Africa, in approximately two hours, she would become Mrs Dangote!
The sun was shining, the bridesmaids were resplendent and the groom was waiting.
Nkechi glided down the aisle to ‘the wedding march’ and faced her handsome groom; she heard the voice of the Minister as if from afar:
‘wtf? ’ she thought,
lwkmd o!...really creative. took me sometime to stop laughing grin
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
kennikazi:
lwkmd o!...really creative. took me sometime to stop laughing grin
grin grin Thank you, hope the credit is ready tongue
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by ijescorner: 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
The Event Planner

Dupe is an ‘Event Extraordinaire’. There had been Sue, Tola, Uche, and now Eva. Poor Eva. It was always subtlety done. Eva opened a gift hamper with a note attached ‘Event Extraordinaire’. A smile crept up her cheeks as she knew who the gifter was. A single bite into the muffin was all it took. A shadow crept in to remove the remainder muffin and note. No trace, never any trace. The police report would read: ACCIDENTAL as it were in the other three cases. Dupe knew she’d plan Mavido’s celebrity wedding. Whatever it took.

2 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by AudreyTimms(f): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
bestestgirl: Nkechi was in high spirits! Who wouldn’t be? She was about to marry the son of the richest man in Africa, in approximately two hours, she would become Mrs Dangote!
‘wtf? ’ she thought,
. Wow! Dt ws fast! It tuk u 21 minutes 2 com up wit dis funny story. U must b vry creative. Stil scratching ma head thinkin of a story. BTW, u got my vote. Wake up b4 she get u sha
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
AudreyTimms: . Wow! Dt ws fast! It tuk u 21 minutes 2 com up wit dis funny story. U must b vry creative. Stil scratching ma head thinkin of a story. BTW, u got my vote. Wake up b4 she get u sha
looool thanks for the compliment and vote! However, I pity the condition of whoever intuerupts me when I'm having such a dream. :p waiting for your own story
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
DARKNESS SETS IN

The first bullet struck him in the shoulder and the second caught him in the neck; blood spewed from his neck like mount Vesuvius but he was still mobile. He felt weak as he ran now; his yellow shirt had been soaked wet with his own blood. He searched frantically for any escape route; he ran with all his might to the end of the street and cut across to the adjacent street; he yearned for the presence of someone, anyone.

The last bullet hit him on the back of the head and then darkness set in.

7 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by maputohq: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
LarrySun: The first bullet struck him in the shoulder and the second caught him in the neck; blood spewed from his neck like mount Vesuvius but he was still mobile. He couldn't risk being caught or dying now, he had to hide the document safety first. He felt weak as he ran now; his yellow shirt had been soaked wet with his own blood. His vision was becoming increasingly blurry, and it was only a matter of time before his pursuers catch up with him. He searched frantically for any escape route; he ran with all his might to the end of the street and cut across to the adjacent street; this one was also quiet, he yearned for the presence of someone, anyone.

my guy...why u no be my mentor?
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by onegig(m): 9:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mynd44, Cudlemii (hope I got the spelling right), FP pretty please? Thanks
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Ishilove: 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
LarrySun: The first bullet struck him in the shoulder and the second caught him in the neck; blood spewed from his neck like mount Vesuvius but he was still mobile. He couldn't risk being caught or dying now, he had to hide the document safety first. He felt weak as he ran now; his yellow shirt had been soaked wet with his own blood. His vision was becoming increasingly blurry, and it was only a matter of time before his pursuers catch up with him. He searched frantically for any escape route; he ran with all his might to the end of the street and cut across to the adjacent street; this one was also quiet, he yearned for the presence of someone, anyone.

What a depressing story sad
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ishilove:
What a depressing story sad
It's a spur-of-the-moment short narrative. You know I do better than this grin
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by zyzxx(m): 9:20am On Jul 29, 2014

impressive
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 9:23am On Jul 29, 2014
zyzxx: impressive
Thanks. smiley
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by AudreyTimms(f): 9:59am On Jul 29, 2014

. Dude, dt ws deep!
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by maputohq: 11:43am On Jul 29, 2014
Ade couldn't believe it. He had just escaped from hell. He kept on running as fast as his feeble legs could carry him. It was getting dark but the forest seems to be getting longer. After running for two hours, he decided to rest. The kidnapper's den should be far behind now, he thought to himself. He fell on the ground and slept off, snoring heavily. He was awakened by a loud noise, only to see a scary figure with a torch light. A startled Ade let out a violent kick straight to its groin. He ran for an hour before seeing the main road. Alas! Ade has rendered his father impotent

1 Like

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
AudreyTimms: . Dude, dt ws deep!
Thanks man smiley
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by princesa(f): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
It was the last day in camp, the rebels and government had made a pact, another assignment and a BBC job offer awaits, so I had to go.

Evie however wanted otherwise. Being among the soldiers going to Liberia next week, he wanted us to build this love we'd found in Boma camp risking our lives. Still, I couldn't stay. My career was all I'd lived for, I couldn't trade it now for a chance at love.

'why are you always this hard Sophie, did you ever even liked me?' He asked.

'I did...but I can't' I reiterated hoping he'd finally understand.

But he never did.

'There's a limit to the rejection a man can take...I wish you the best'. He said with finality, kissed my cheeks and left to join the others.

This memory would hunt me for the rest of my loveless career life.

2 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
princesa: It was the last day in camp, the rebels and government had made a pact, Another assignment and a job offer from BBC awaits, so I had to go.

Evie wanted otherwise. Going to Liberia next week, he wanted us to build this love we'd found in Boma camp risking our lives.

But I couldn't stay. My career was all I lived for, I couldn't trade it for a chance at love.

'why are you always hard? Did you ever even liked me?' He said caressing my cheeks.

'I can't' I reiterated hoping he'd understand this time around.

But he never did.

'There's a limit to the rejection a man can take...I wish you the best in life'. He said finally, kissed my cheeks and left to join the others.

This memory would hunt me for the rest of my loveless career life.
And Lady Macbeth arrives! cheesy
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by princesa(f): 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
LarrySun:
And Lady Macbeth arrives! cheesy

funny you. What's with the Macbeth title? cheesy
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
princesa:

funny you. What's with the Macbeth title? cheesy
A part of you sometimes scares me; maybe it's the literary part. My post is now being threatened by yours. embarassed
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by princesa(f): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
LarrySun:
A part of you sometimes scares me; maybe it's the literary part. My post is now being threatened by yours. embarassed
oh come off it, the sky is big enough for a million and one starswink
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
princesa:
oh come off it, the sky is big enough for a million and one starswink
But you're that one star in a million.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
maputohq: Ade couldn't believe it. He had just escaped from hell. He kept on running as fast as his feeble legs could carry him. It was getting dark but the forest seems to be getting longer. After running for two hours, he decided to rest. The kidnapper's den should be far behind now, he thought to himself. He fell on the ground and slept off, snoring heavily. He was awakened by a loud noise, only to see a scary figure with a torch light. A startled Ade let out a violent kick straight to its groin. He ran for an hour before seeing the main road. Alas! Ade has rendered his father impotent
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
#falls from mango tree!!#
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by maputohq: 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
bestestgirl:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
#falls from mango tree!!#
Abeg no die ooo...make e no be say I comit suicide.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
The man from otuoke-
The man from otuoke was running from one neighbour to another; his wife had just given birth to triplets, he felt he was hapless because he couldn't raise the money for his kid's naming ceremony on his own and moreover he didn't know how he will take care of his family after the naming ceremony.
It was the sound of his room's intercom that woke him up from this bad dream.He picked the phone and the Lady from the other end asked him if his breakfast should be brought to him in bed;he asked what's for breakfast? and the lady replied its fried rice and chicken;Bring me the food replied the otuoke man at least that will put my mind away from this dreadful dream.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
maputohq: Ade couldn't believe it. He had just escaped from hell. He kept on running as fast as his feeble legs could carry him. It was getting dark but the forest seems to be getting longer. After running for two hours, he decided to rest. The kidnapper's den should be far behind now, he thought to himself. He fell on the ground and slept off, snoring heavily. He was awakened by a loud noise, only to see a scary figure with a torch light. A startled Ade let out a violent kick straight to its groin. He ran for an hour before seeing the main road. Alas! Ade has rendered his father impotent
Lol! That's abso-freaking-lutely hilarious. cheesy
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Rainstorms: The aftermath of solitude is either a blessing or otherwise ,depending on the individuals involved. For some it's an harbinger of depression while it catalyzes inspiration in others. These were the thoughts that ran across my mind as I sat down in the solitude of my room.
embarassed
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
LarrySun:
embarassed
what's wrong

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Angel And The Fugitive( A story of crime, politics and insurgency) / Impregnate Me Or I Die (episode 3) / Biography Of Pericoma Okoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.