Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words (3990 Views)

100 Words For Nigeria @ 100. A Poem / Memories Of My Days In 100 Level / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
Rainstorms: what's wrong
What's the title of the story?
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
LarrySun:
What's the title of the story?
paranoia
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by kennikazi(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
maputohq: Ade couldn't believe it. He had just escaped from hell. He kept on running as fast as his feeble legs could carry him. It was getting dark but the forest seems to be getting longer. After running for two hours, he decided to rest. The kidnapper's den should be far behind now, he thought to himself. He fell on the ground and slept off, snoring heavily. He was awakened by a loud noise, only to see a scary figure with a torch light. A startled Ade let out a violent kick straight to its groin. He ran for an hour before seeing the main road. Alas! Ade has rendered his father impotent
rotfl!!! grin grin grin grin grin
his dad? it cud hav bin anyone mahn.people dont smash their father's balls.nice story tho.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Rainstorms: paranoia
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
LarrySun:
Okay. Thanks.
okay u wlc sir
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by maputohq: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
LarrySun:
Lol! That's abso-freaking-lutely hilarious. cheesy
wow...tnx man...I've been following one of your thread with keen interest...maybe I'm your new fan...
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Flakkydagirl: 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
THE BREAKUP

Ada dropped her phone,''Chinedu said Ade wants me to come.'' she said to chioma.

''Maybe he has decided to consider you again.''Chioma comforted her.

Ada dressed up and left for Ade's place.
''Pour more tonic on your lips''Chinedu said while Ade adjusted himself on the bed.

There was a knock on the door,Ada walked in and sat by Ade's bed.
''I still love you,please don't break up with me.''Ada said

Ade rolled his eyes like a dying patient,'' I...i... have Ebola.''

Ada jumped outside,she stood there,''Ah Ade,we have broken up already.''

2 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
The man from otuoke-
The man from otuoke was running from one neighbour to another; his wife had just given birth to triplets, he felt he was hapless because he couldn't raise the money for his kid's naming ceremony on his own and moreover he didn't know how he will take care of his family after the naming ceremony.
It was the sound of his room's intercom that woke him up from this bad dream.He picked the phone and the Lady from the other end asked him if his breakfast should be brought to him in bed;he asked what's for breakfast? and the lady replied its fried rice and chicken;Bring me the food replied the otuoke man at least that will put my mind away from this dreadful dream.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by zyzxx(m): 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
princesa: It was the last day in camp, the rebels and government had made a pact, another assignment and a job offer from BBC awaits, so I had to go.

But Evie wanted otherwise. Going to Liberia next week, he wanted us to build this love we'd found in Boma camp risking our lives. Still, I couldn't stay. My career was all I'd lived for, I couldn't trade it for a chance at love.

'why are you always hard, did you ever even liked me?' He asked, caressing my cheeks.

'I did...but I can't' I reiterated hoping he'd finally understand.

But he never did.

'There's a limit to the rejection a man can take...I wish you the best in life'. He said finally, kissed my cheeks and left to join the others.

This memory would hunt me for the rest of my loveless career life.
just like am reading ur dairy, dis awesome
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by zyzxx(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Flakkydagirl: THE BREAKUP

Ada dropped her phone,''Chinedu said Ade wants me to come.'' she said to chioma.

''Maybe he has decided to consider you again.''Chioma comforted her.

Ada dressed up and left for Ade's place.
''Pour more tonic on your lips''Chinedu said while Ade adjusted himself on the bed.

There was a knock on the door,Ada walked in and sat by Ade's bed.
''I still love you,please don't break up with me.''Ada said

Ade rolled his eyes like a dying patient,'' I...i... have Ebola.''

Ada jumped outside,she stood there,''Ah Ade,we have broken up already.''
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy , u know go kill me wit laugh
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
maputohq:
wow...tnx man...I've been following one of your thread with keen interest...maybe I'm your new fan...
Really? Wow! I'm pleased cheesy Try to read the short story I posted. I'm sure you'll like it grin
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by maputohq: 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
LarrySun:
Really? Wow! I'm pleased cheesy Try to read the short story I posted. I'm sure you'll like it grin
I've done dat already... didn't u see my comment. I quoted it n also did d needful.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 30, 2014
WE ARE ABLE

We are disabled, yet this class-teacher keeps saying we are able.

"You speak with your hands and listen with your eyes. It doesn't really matter through what organ of the body you hear and speak. There is gain in being deaf and dumb," says my class-teacher.

I was with lame James, blind Belinda and bold Bode, an able-bodied bully when the Ikeja Army Cantonment suddenly got bombed. Only Bode could flee because he wasn't disabled. I didn't even hear the gargantuan sound.

Bode's corpse was brought. He had sunk in the canal, but we disabled were ABLE to survive.

4 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by repogirl(f): 5:53am On Jul 30, 2014
THE PROPOSAL.

He looked up at her, expectant for a reply, the floor beneath his bent knee quite uncomfortable but he didn’t mind. He’d kneel all day if he had to. Six months ago his friends had called him a fool, that he was her latest maga, he’d ignored them and showered her with gifts even though he could barely afford it.

Now, here they all were, friends, family, he had popped the question and she seemed about to speak after what had seemed like ages. He smiled confidently, she'd promised they would be together, forever!

“ummm ... I'm sorry, I can't"

1 Like

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by princesa(f): 10:05am On Jul 30, 2014
zyzxx:
just like am reading ur dairy, dis awesome

Thank you. And err... Diary entries stays in diarylandsmiley

1 Like

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by 5minsmadness: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Final Moments.

She was tired of crying now. All she could do was walk towards the school gates and wait for the inevitable. They had threatened to kill her family if she didn't go. And so she approached the gates, crowded with people and securitymen. She looked at their faces as she approached, innocent faces, faces of fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, children. Were they not as important to others as her family was to her? Would she trade her sorrow for the sorrow she would bring upon them?

The security man saw her coming and approached her.He smiled.

"What can I do for you miss?"

It was then she made her decision. She turned and ran, ran as fast as she could for a deserted spot. The security man called after her, not understanding, not knowing she had just saved his life.

And then the bomb went off.

She was the only casualty.

2 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
5minsmadness: Final Moments.

She was tired of crying now. All she could do was walk towards the school gates and wait for the inevitable. They had threatened to kill her family if she didn't go. And so she approached the gates, crowded with people and securitymen. She looked at their faces as she approached, innocent faces, faces of fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, children. Were they not as important to others as her family was to her? Would she trade her sorrow for the sorrow she would bring upon them?

It was then she made her decision. She turned and ran, ran as fast as she could for a deserted spot. The security man called after her, not understanding, not knowing she had just saved his life.

hmm
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Lucario007(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
To Die Another Day:
"For the love of God help me!!"
My cries were wasted on deaf ears.
I ran faster than I ever did in my life, my heart pounded as though it would burst out of my chest, my legs burned and ached in agony.

And yet I ran.

The sounds of bestial roaring echoed around the dark forest... It's pants and grunts reverebrating chills down my spine, its warm stinky breath against my neck, and the pounding of feet deafening my ears.

There was nowhere left to run.

I turned around and faced my chaser, empty soulless eyes gazed at my soul, two large horns and sharp bloodied teeth. Claws as scaley and boney as an old womans fingers. It's skeletal skull of a head alight in bright blue flames.

It bellowed a ground shaking roar. And then lunged. Claws slashed through the air at blinding speed, a large gush of crimson red, coppery smelling liquid followed thereafter.

And then all I remembered was the look of glee on it's ghostly haunting pale eyes.....

1 Like

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by halfcaste1: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
PANTAPHOBIA

Susan woke up suddenly. She heard gun shots. She started shivering like a leaf in the wind. She heard voices from her younger brothers' room.

Had the robbers gotten there already?

She got up to investigate.

Bruuuh! Bruuuuh!

She couldn't help farthing loudly. Fear had loosened her bowels.

She sneaked to her brothers' room and gently opened the door. She was shocked to see them by the window, staring out.

"Sister, our jandon neighbors have come again with their fireworks and wild parties!"

She couldn't say a word. She just stood there in a pool of her own urine and incessant farthing.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by 5minsmadness: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
Rainstorms: hmm
Hmn?
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by repogirl(f): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Halfcaste1, lucario006, 5minsmadness, the rules say write your story in 100 words o!
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by halfcaste1: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
repogirl: Halfcaste1, lucario006, 5minsmadness, the rules say write your story in 100 words o!
. Hey! I counted 99 words. The letter 'A' isn't a word, is it?
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by repogirl(f): 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
halfcaste1: . Hey! I counted 99 words. The letter 'A' isn't a word, is it?
a is a word, it should be included when counting, someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by kennikazi(m): 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
5minsmadness: Final Moments.
151 WORDS

Lucario007: To Die Another Day:
"For the love of God help me!!"
My cries were wasted on deaf ears.
I ran faster than I ever did in my life, my heart pounded as though it would burst out of my chest, my legs burned and ached in agony.
And yet I ran.
The sounds of bestial roaring echoed around the dark forest... It's pants and grunts reverebrating chills down my spine, its warm stinky breath against my neck, and the pounding of feet deafening my ears.
There was nowhere left to run.
I turned around and faced my chaser, empty soulless eyes gazed at my soul, two large horns and sharp bloodied teeth. Claws as scaley and boney as an old womans fingers. It's skeletal skull of a head alight in bright blue flames.
It bellowed a ground shaking roar. And then lunged. Claws slashed through the air at blinding speed, a large gush of crimson red, coppery smelling liquid followed thereafter.
And then all I remembered was the look of glee on it's ghostly haunting pale eyes.....
173 WORDS

halfcaste1: PANTAPHOBIA
Susan woke up suddenly. She heard gun shots. She started shivering like a leaf in the wind. She heard voices from her younger brothers' room.
Had the robbers gotten there already?
Bruuuh! Bruuuuh!
She sneaked to her brothers' room and gently opened the door. She was shocked to see them by the window, staring out.
"Sister, our jandon neighbors have come again with their fireworks and wild parties!"
She couldn't say a word. She just stood there in a pool of her own urine and incessant farthing.
102 WORDS

The rule is IN LESS THAN 100 WORDS. So I think some editing/rewriting is required.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by zyzxx(m): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
princesa:

Thank you. And err... Diary entries stays in diarylandsmiley
ok am cheesy cheesy
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by halfcaste1: 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
sad
repogirl: a is a word, it should be included when counting, someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.
. Amma beef u 4 making me rewrite! No fair! shocked
repogirl: a is a word, it should be included when counting, someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.
. Amma beef u 4 making me rewrite! No fair!
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by halfcaste1: 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
PANTAPHOBIA

Susan woke up suddenly. She heard gun shots. She started shivering in fear. She heard voices from her younger brothers' room.

Were the robbers there already?

Bruuuh! Bruuuuh!

She couldn't say a single word. She just stood there in a pool of her own urine and incessant farthing.

2 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by halfcaste1: 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
grin Others should edit 2 o! C as I don turn masef 2 counting machine 4 here. Sum pple faulted also, apart frm d pple COUNTING PREFECT repo girl mentioned. grin grin
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by AudreyTimms(f): 9:03am On Jul 31, 2014
A Thousand Tears

"It's time." The doctor informed her when he came out of the private room.

Doris sighed and looked up in despair. She tried to convince herself they were doing the right thing.

She followed the doctor inside the room. There her dad lay like a vegetable.

Tears poured down her eyes like a flowing river.

She held his cold hand in hers.

"O dad! I'm so sorry. All our funds have depleted and no one will lend us money anymore. Mummy couldn't bear to be here. I love you, dad. Adieu."

Pinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! The doctor pulled the plug!

2 Likes

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by repogirl(f): 11:55am On Jul 31, 2014
halfcaste1: sad. Amma beef u 4 making me rewrite! No fair! shocked. Amma beef u 4 making me rewrite! No fair!
no problem, we'll chop the beef together when its done.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Rainstorms: The man from otuoke-
The man from otuoke was running from one neighbour to another; his wife had just given birth to triplets, he felt he was hapless because he couldn't raise the money for his kid's naming ceremony on his own and moreover he didn't know how he will take care of his family after the naming ceremony.
It was the sound of his room's intercom that woke him up from this bad dream.He picked the phone and the Lady from the other end asked him if his breakfast should be brought to him in bed;he asked what's for breakfast? and the lady replied its fried rice and chicken;Bring me the food replied the otuoke man at least that will put my mind away from this dreadful dream.
the otuoke man is good luck Jonathan
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by 5minsmadness: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2014
Saved

"Stop her!"
"Don't let her get away!"
She ran as fast as she could as the raging mob followed in hot pursuit. her chest heaved with laboured breaths as she looked for a place to hide. As she turned the corner she saw an empty shop and dashed inside.
"Please help me! I didn't steal anything! They'll burn me alive! Help..." She collapsed on the floor, weeping profusely.
The young man quickly threw some clothes over her and in the darkness she heard shouts.
"Where the thief?!"
"Follow straight!"

She sighed as the mob ran past. She was safe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The School Riot / READ AND GROW RICH / Did 20 Year-old Onyeka Nwelue Copy Helen Oyeyemi In The Abyssinian Boy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.