Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words (3991 Views)

100 Words For Nigeria @ 100. A Poem / Memories Of My Days In 100 Level / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2014
Apartheid-
He saw the white police officers dragging his brother away,he walked away without uttering any words.When he got home,the neighbours asked him if he saw his brother being whiskered away,he told them He didn't.He went to the church and went on his kneels"God I love you and I love my brother"He said
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 9:57am On Aug 01, 2014
How many stories are you going to write, Rainstorm?
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 10:26am On Aug 01, 2014
LarrySun: How many stories are you going to write, Rainstorm?
How many am I allowed to write?
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2014
Rainstorms: How many am I allowed to write?
I don't know.. I thought it should be a story per writer. I may be wrong though.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote author=LarrySun]
I don't know.. I thought it should be a story per writer. I may be wrong though. [/quote/OK sir
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by kennikazi(m): 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
[size=20pt]SUBMISSION ENDED[/size]
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by kennikazi(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Well, that was fun I guess. While LarrySun is the winner(really wanted a girl to win wink) of this game/competition/challenge/wahever, I want to thank everyone that took their time to write a story and post here; all your stories were really creative. My favorite story was WE ARE ABLE by SammyHoe; it was quite touching and raw, good job Sam. I have a new born blog @ KeneWriter dot Com, where I try to practice my writing, so you're all welcome to post any of your short stories there. Well, that's all, ama PM LarrySun for further ishes. Once again, I say thank you to our future African bestselling writers/authors. Au revoir grin.

PARTICIPATING WRITERS AND THEIR STORIES

BestestGirl - EVERY GIRLS' DREAM

Ijescorner - The Event Planner

LarrySun - DARKNESS SETS IN

Maputohq - RUNNING

Princesa - SOPHIE

Rainstorms - The Man From Otuoke

Flakkydagirl - THE BREAKUP

SammyHoe - WE ARE ABLE

RepoGirl - THE PROPOSAL

5minsmadness - Final Moments

Lucario007 - To Die Another Day

Halfcaste1 - PANTAPHOBIA

AudreyTimms - A Thousand Tears
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
I had even forgotten o,
Ah congrats brother, I loved your 'dark' story too
OP, I agree, Sammy hoe's story was epic
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by 5minsmadness: 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
kennikazi: Well, that was fun I guess. While LarrySun is the winner(really wanted a girl to win wink) of this game/competition/challenge/wahever, I want to thank everyone that took their time to write a story and post here; all your stories were really creative. My favorite story was WE ARE ABLE by SammyHoe; it was quite touching and raw, good job Sam. I have a new born blog @ KeneWriter dot Com, where I try to practice my writing, so you're all welcome to post any of your short stories there. Well, that's all, ama PM LarrySun for further ishes. Once again, I say thank you to our future African bestselling writers/authors. Au revoir grin.

Maputohq - RUNNING

Princesa - SOPHIE

SammyHoe - WE ARE ABLE

RepoGirl - THE PROPOSAL

Halfcaste1 - PANTAPHOBIA

Hold on kennikazi! You didn't see my last entry, saved? Its within a hundred words oh. And how come larrysun is the winner?
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
5minsmadness:
Hold on kennikazi! You didn't see my last entry, saved? Its within a hundred words oh. And how come larrysun is the winner?
It's because Larry Sun has the most number of likes.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by 5minsmadness: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
LarrySun:
It's because Larry Sun has the most number of likes.
Or the most number of follwers angry
I was thinking it would be a kind of judgement thing. Like content, number of words, finality of the story i.e merits based on the completeness of the story etc., proper use of words and the like!

Well, congrats to larrysun anyway.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by AudreyTimms(f): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
Congrats LarrySun. @Kennikazi, yep it ws indeed fun. I enjoyed reading from other writers. I'll check out ya site. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by kennikazi(m): 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
5minsmadness:
5minsmadness:
I was thinking it would be a kind of judgement thing. Like content, number of words, finality of the story i.e merits based on the completeness of the story etc., proper use of words and the like!
Am sorry if it didn't turn out the way you wanted. I have no experience in judging literature, so I just judged on how many people liked the story. Your two stories were really great -especially the first one though it was more than a 100 words, and I thank you for that, for being so creative on this thread.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
5minsmadness:

Thanks 5, but, except for the number of words, I don't think we can comfortably base those other criteria on short stories of less than one hundred words.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
AudreyTimms: Congrats LarrySun. @Kennikazi, yep it ws indeed fun. I enjoyed reading from other writers. I'll check out ya site. Cheers!
Thanks buddy.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by halfcaste1: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
Congrats LarrySun
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
halfcaste1: Congrats LarrySun
Thanks bro.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by zyzxx(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
LarrySun:
Thanks bro.
congrate larrysun
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
zyzxx: congrate larrysun
Thanks buddy.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by maputohq: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
Larrysun ...congrat
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
maputohq: Larrysun ...congrat
Thank you, my good friend.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
I'd like us to do this again, but with more number of words though. Between a thousand and five thousand words perhaps.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Rainstorms(m): 2:11am On Aug 02, 2014
congrats larrysun
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 3:27am On Aug 02, 2014
Rainstorms: congrats larrysun
Thank you, sir.
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 02, 2014
kennikazi: Well, that was fun I guess. While LarrySun is the winner(really wanted a girl to win wink) of this game/competition/challenge/wahever, I want to thank everyone that took their time to write a story and post here; all your stories were really creative. My favorite story was WE ARE ABLE by SammyHoe; it was quite touching and raw, good job Sam. I have a new born blog @ KeneWriter dot Com, where I try to practice my writing, so you're all welcome to post any of your short stories there. Well, that's all, ama PM LarrySun for further ishes. Once again, I say thank you to our future African bestselling writers/authors. Au revoir grin.

Maputohq - RUNNING

Princesa - SOPHIE

SammyHoe - WE ARE ABLE

RepoGirl - THE PROPOSAL

Halfcaste1 - PANTAPHOBIA

Wow!!! I'm glad u love the short story; so honoured you mentioned it. Congrats to Larrysun wink
Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 4:53am On Aug 02, 2014
SammyHoe:

Wow!!! I'm glad u love the short story; so honoured you mentioned it. Congrats to Larrysun wink
Thanks Sammy.

1 Like

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by LarrySun(m): 9:52am On Aug 03, 2014
Thanks to Kennikazi for the recharge card. May God continue to fill you with blessings. Thank you, bro.

1 Like

Re: Writing Challenge: Write A Short Story In 100 Words by ijescorner: 3:44am On Nov 25, 2015
5minsmadness:

So guess I've written like a comedy travel style book on Living in Lagos for ajebota...

Head over to amazon and take a peak... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Longidi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An American Marriage Pdf / The Angel And The Fugitive( A story of crime, politics and insurgency) / Did 20 Year-old Onyeka Nwelue Copy Helen Oyeyemi In The Abyssinian Boy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.