Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

I Am Moving Back ...pls I Need Advice. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Moving Back ...pls I Need Advice. (1001 Views)

Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria / Do You Ever Think Of Moving Back To Nigeria / VFS OPENED Usa Visa Appointment Slot: FEED BACK PLS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Moving Back ...pls I Need Advice. by ron011: 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
I had my first and masters degree in the Uk. However, due to change in visa rules, I cant stay back and would need to move back after completing my masters degree in Sept. I have been told about the job problems in Nigeria, so I am thinking of relocating to the Us or Canada. Recently my school had a talk about internships abroad, and they encouraged students to think about getting experience abroad. I want to ask fellow nairalanders in America or Canada.

1. How easy is it to get jobs over there
2. Do i need to do another degree
3. How easy is it to get residency?
4. For recent graduates in Nigeria, how has the job search been?

By the way my masters is in international business management and I did really well, however I got a 2.2 in my first degree..and that has been a source of worry, concerning moving back and getting work opportunities.
I would like if this is moved to front page, so I can get responses.

Thanks in advance
Re: I Am Moving Back ...pls I Need Advice. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Please mod move this to the front page and my dear just believe that one food is another poison.
Re: I Am Moving Back ...pls I Need Advice. by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 28, 2014
Bros, getting a job in America is one thing and getting a greencard is another. Yes, there are jobs here and you can make good money for yourself especially if you are the hustling type. But the issue that needs to be discussed is green card because a lot of people have been frustrated over this. I know a lot that have stayed here for over 20years without green card. My advice, try your luck in Naija first with your education to know if you can secure a good job but if you can't, then you can come over here and hustle for the greencard just like many others. On an important note, when seeking for a visa, say you are single. You don't wanna go through the process of divorce before remarrying to get a greeencard here. Before you come over, make sure you have someone you will lean on through the whole process because its gonna take a while. Be ready to pay the lady you are gonna marry on contract for that purpose say between 2k to 2.5k dollars. However, be ready to start from the scratch as America don't really give a phuck about any other school certificate apart from theirs be it a Cambridge PhD. undecided
Re: I Am Moving Back ...pls I Need Advice. by ifegy: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
You can immigrate as a skilled worker to places like Canada, Australia, etc. You can also come as a student to Canada, get a work visa after school and immigrate that way. Here is the official Canadian Government Immigration site: www.cic.gc.ca
There are threads on nairaland about this:
https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines
https://www.nairaland.com/1032530/general-australian-visa-enquiries
It is never easy settling into a new country as an immigrant, but with detailed, proper planning and being willing to work hard, you can make a success of things, wherever you decide to go.

1 Like

Re: I Am Moving Back ...pls I Need Advice. by fittty(m): 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
If your goal is to live abroad then you better stay in the UK and get yourself settled. Getting yourself into the system still requires getting married to a citizen whether you're in the UK, US or Canada. Why migrate to another country when they all have about the same procedures (Marriage) to getting a green card, permanent residency etc.
Re: I Am Moving Back ...pls I Need Advice. by ifegy: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
fittty: If your goal is to live abroad then you better stay in the UK and get yourself settled. Getting yourself into the system still requires getting married to a citizen whether you're in the UK, US or Canada. Why migrate to another country when they all have about the same procedures (Marriage) to getting a green card, permanent residency etc.

Not correct, @ bolded. There are still places where you can 'get yourself into the system' without having to get married. Please refer to post directly before yours.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Nigerian International Passport / What You Need To Know About The Egyptair Flight That Crashed Yesterday. / Air Peace Putting Passengers Lives At Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.