Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Letter To Nigeria -where We Are Coming From,where We Are & Where We Are Headed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Nigeria -where We Are Coming From,where We Are & Where We Are Headed? (443 Views)

Prepare Your Will If You Are Coming To Rig Election In Rivers State – Wike Warns / Kogi State Election Public Notice Coming From INEC / We Are Headed For A Run Off...you Heard It Here First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Nigeria -where We Are Coming From,where We Are & Where We Are Headed? by ajibsca: 6:51am On Jul 28, 2014
Before you read this, I would like to kindly implore you to sift your mind away from every political, religious and ethnic sentiments or ideologies and open our minds to think as brothers and sisters with the sole purpose of being each other's keepers and making our little world called Nigeria a better place to live in for generations to come..... It has become no news to the world that the northern part of Nigeria especially has turned into another Gaza or bomb testing ground. We read in the newspaper every day about bombings in the mosques, churches, public gathering places etc . The bombings have so far so bad taken away lives of tens of thousands of Nigerians like yourself and myself whether patriotic or unpatriotic, Christian or Muslim , Innocent and Guilty and the list goes on. You will agree with me that these bad, demistifying and heart breaking news making headlines doesn't portray
us as a people with direction or as a united nation destined to achieve greatness or progress . I for one person think it's time we the future of this nation take just a moment out of our given 24 hrs by our creator, reflect back on our history, look at where we are coming from, where we are today and where we would like to be in the next say 5 yrs from now and think within ourselves, what if I or one of my family member was a victim of a bomb attack. It is very glaring and apparent that nobody wants to die even the old who have had the opportunity to spend 100 years on earth talkless of dying in a bomb blast.

My main purpose of opening this thread is for us as a people to address, identify, unite and find a lasting solution to the issue of insecurity and terrorism facing our country Nigeria as a nation. You will agree with me that these issues pose a national threat to you and me since many of us are now restricted to being in one part of the country and can't even visit other parts of OUR own country for fear of insecurity. For instance, I myself have been to Abuja twice which is in the Northern part of our country and I find to be a lovely place to go to unwind with the beauty of the various parks , nice infrastructure and what have we. Unfortunately, I cannot venture into traveling to ANY Northern state in Nigeria presently and in the future because of these same insecurity reasons that has taken the lives of some very unlucky and unfortunate tens of thousands of Nigerians like you and me. I remember that lovely Sunday afternoon while in Abuja and I visited Abacha barracks with friends and we had a few drinks , ate and we were glad we came to Abuja because the atmosphere was fun and affordable ....Few years later, on the headline news , we read and heard the news about the bomb blast - What a day to remember ! RIP to the souls of the faithful departed. Kindly bear in mind that many of these dead and gone people were only victims of deaths arising from the ideologies of extremists who think in an inhumane,irrational and animalistic nature and the same thing(death from a bomb attack) could happen to myself or yourself reading this post if bad luck happens to knock on your door and you are at the wrong place at the wrong time .

According to Dictionary.com , a problem is defined as "any question or matter involving doubt, uncertainty, or difficulty." Problems can be classified into two kinds to my level of knowlege and understanding : solvable and unsolvable.

OUR problems now in Nigeria you will agree with me is the lack of love for our fellow humans , greed,politics, discontent and selfishness.

I would like us to focus on the issues astake and contribute to these core issues as our own problems because if Nigeria ends up turning into another Iraq or Gaza or Palestine....It is still OUR country since you have a Green passport carrying the Coat of Arms of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and if Nigerian ends up being a failed or war torn nation, then you will also be classified as a product of such and generations to come will have to live with the trauma of being born by a failed generation. You on the other hand will be left with the same image of terrorists to the international community as we have gradually become one of the countries with the highest amount of terrorism and insurgencies in just a few years since the birth of this syndrome called Boko Haram. According to Wikipedia , Nigeria ranks # 7 in Global Terrorism Index .You will agree with me that this is bad news for our country Nigeria.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Terrorism_Index

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE AND WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO TACKLE THE PROBLEMS OF INSECURITY/TERRORISM AND BRING AN END TO BOKO HARAM AS WELL AS BRING THE CHANGE WE NEED IN OUR NATION NIGERIA ?

From a concerned and patriotic Nigerian. God bless Nigeria, God Bless Africa.

One day, some day. Africa will be free, Africa will UNITE" .

(1) (Reply)

Udom, Assam And Lack Of Civility, Decorum In Conduct And Communication / Asari Dokubo Words Concerning Masterminding Attack On Buhari / Julius Agwu Declares Intent To Run For Rivers State Governorship Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.