Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,336 members, 7,822,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You (3875 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by zube01(m): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
5minsmadness:
Two words. Earth mother

I hope you are a good person and no one has hardened your heart. Kids are going to need you.
.. I happen to know a guy that kids get attracted to too! What is he now! Earth father?

2 Likes

Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by 5minsmadness: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
zube01: .. I happen to know a guy that kids get attracted to too! What is he now! Earth father?
Yes. I happen to be one as well. Stop shouting.
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by SirAweezy(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Bootybuttchic: kindly explain more undecided

Hmm.. Forgive me don't want to put myself out like this.. Maybe I'll PM as my spirit led mam.. I don't even know why I qouted... Wow! But. Just never pay attention to me pls.
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by zube01(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
5minsmadness:
Yes. I happen to be one as well. Stop shouting.
I wasn't shouting sir! But back to the topic so u be earth father?
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by sholay2011(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
Yeah...strange but not that funny thing that happens to me is I seem to run into/meet people few weeks or days to their death. sad

When I was in 200 level then in OAU, I met a guy through a female friend of mine who was incidentally reading in the same lecture theatre that I was. I got to know him that night as Stephen, a student of Psychology dept. We even argued which department was better between his and mine and gisted. Two weeks later, I saw Stephen in my hall and greeted him and he got to even know my room in Fajuyi Hall. Not long after, a roommate of mine in Psychology told me his departmental colleague died in town the previous night through something like a heart attack, from his sleep! It was later I got to know it was Stephen who I just got to know like few weeks before. cry

Second one, I was in the same fellowship subgroup with this guy in my 100L then. He later left our fellowship all of a sudden and didn't see him again, even though we were in the same OAU. Fast forward, I ran into him in my 500 level and re-established contacts. Coincidentally, I saw him in my room (to greet another roommate who was in the same department with him) and we talked and he promised to lend me a textbook for an assignment a lecturer gave my class. Five days later, my roommate (in his department) came int the room and told me he is dead. I was shocked! Later found out he drowned in a swimming pool. sad And he was in final year then oh.

Third one, I was walking to GTBank and ran into this Junior of mine in Secondary School then. We talked and went our different ways. I think a week later, my younger bro told me the guy has died. I was like shocked. 'The guy I just saw last week, after many years?!'. Later learnt he took overdose of a strange mixture of hard drugs. sad

*Sighs*
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by 5minsmadness: 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
zube01: I wasn't shouting sir! But back to the topic so u be earth father?

Babies stop crying when I carry them. Babies wailing in their own mother's arms. Babies at naming ceremonies, neighbors babies, stranger's babies. I usually know what the problem is and tell the mothers. Most of them just think if their baby is crying then it must be hunger. Some babies are too cold, too hot, didn't like the way they were being carried, hadn't belched , place was too loud, straining to suck the breastmilk etc etc. I usually get what the problem is and solve it and it works instantly. And yes it gives me joy to do so. Usually it doesnt work for babies over 2yrs.
If there's a scientific explanation for this i'd very much like to hear it.

Its not even a strange thing for me anymore. Still thinking of the last strange but funny thing that happened to me. Brb.
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by 5minsmadness: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
SirAweezy:

Hmm.. Forgive me don't want to put myself out like this.. Maybe I'll PM as my spirit led mam.. I don't even know why I qouted... Wow! But. Just never pay attention to me pls.

I'll bet you are an MFM member or something of the sort.
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by zube01(m): 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
5minsmadness:

Babies stop crying when I carry them.......
....from what u said that Dosent they are attracted to u!! But that's not my business!!
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by 5minsmadness: 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
zube01: ....from what u said that Dosent they are attracted to u!! But that's not my business!!
OK sir.
Its not something I talk about anyway. This is the last I'll say about it.
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by zube01(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
SirAweezy:

since I have a friend with. Same gift I will ask him to send u a pm too! How u see am?
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by SirAweezy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
5minsmadness:
I'll bet you are an MFM member or something of the sort.
Ehehehehe... Noo u wrong... I'm just a sunday sunday redeemed member.. Never been to MFM before. Well.. It's a gift I understand abit abt a certain realm.. I don't read bible much(but I understand it) I can also interpret tougues. He gave me the will to know the names of nature (from the winds to trees to water...etc)pls I'm not boasting.. I'm the very quiet type when it comes to getting spiritual. Nevertheless, pls see me as a normal person smiley

I don't believe much in a certain church, I respect doctrines though... I don't know it all still I'm Still growing

1 Like

Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by SirAweezy(m): 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
zube01: since I have a friend with. Same gift I will ask him to send u a pm too! How u see am?

No probs.. But there is only one rule: no blasphemy. smiley
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by kannymoore(m): 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
Bootybuttchic: i think mine is babies are usually attracted to me even when i think its unneccesary ,...like everywhere i go a baby wil like to follow me,touch me,sometimes even in d bus ,there might be someone between i and the mother oo,but the babies will still strecht to touch just me undecided ...the other time i was just walkinng on my own oo,a baby(like 2yrs dont knw sha) the mum wanted to take her and was like come,outta nowhere this baby just ran to hug me,......please is there any thing strange about this,cos i find it strange,...and is there any reason hy it happens undecided

grin grin !!
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by Kanwulia: 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
I went to the store with my mom last week and came down from the car.
I had only one of my shoes on on my right leg only.
I looked all over the car but could not find the left leg of my pair of shoes.

I had to hobble into Kohls to get another pair of dress-slippers and continued my shopping je je.

My mom was just as perplexed as I was.
I started thinking. . . .
Then I remembered the last place I had visited. . . . . a beauty supply store and called them to see if I left the missing left item in their parking lot.

LO and BEHOLD. . . It was there.

When I entered the car, I took my foot out of the shoe without realizing it, slammed my door and drove off till I got to my next destination. I NEVER FELT I HAD ONLY ONE OF MY SHOES ON. . . .shocked
I went back and picked my missing left shoe with delight.

My mom could not believe it. . .even the owner of the beauty shop could not contain her laughter.

I did not laugh because this was the 3rd time I had done just that! cry
There is not gonna be a 4th time! NA CURSE? Back to sender!!!!! kiss

Each time. . . I recovered the missing left leg of slip-ons to the amusement of who ever gave 'em back to me!
On their faces, you could see a big WTF sign written all over! cheesy
Each time I had worked 5 nights in a row.
I was still sleeping. . . .and some part of my brain was not fully awake yet! I TAYA MEEEEEEEEEEEEEHN!!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Damn! Old age is a bytch . . . .and loving it!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by 5minsmadness: 8:18am On Aug 10, 2014
OK here's one.
I keep losing my socks. The funny thing is I NEVER LOSE THE WHOLE PAIR, its either the left foot or the right foot. Its so frustrating because I always keep them together when I get home but before the week is out one or the other foot is missing. You can imagine how often I have to buy a new pair.

There was a day I was so pissed I decided I wouldn't go anywhere until I found the partner to one of the new socks I had just bought not up to three days ago. I ransacked the house, checked the washing machine, under the bed, behind the sofas etc.

At the end of my search and rescue you won't believe I found almost 10 pairs of socks all of them incomplete! It was either the right foot or the left foot. Na so I chose one set wey resemble wear am like that go work oh.
I had the fleeting thought that some mischevious elf is doing this to me but maybe that's taking it too far...

But where the hell are those socks??
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:02am On Aug 10, 2014
5minsmadness:
Two words. Earth mother

I hope you are a good person and no one has hardened your heart. Kids are going to need you.
undecided...,okay wink ...am gud
Re: Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You by Padipadi(m): 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: kindly explain more undecided
Oga mi, how you dey?
I never see you since 3 days ago. I hear say Seun banned (jailed) you for 7 days ( 7 years). How true is it?
That's cruel o!
There's God o!
Me ya loyal disciple ll keep praying for you. I await your safe return from Nairaland jail!
Last Bullet
up gunners
To the topic...
Sometimes when I dream, I see things that's yet to happen. When those things now happen in reality, I ll now remember that I v seen it in the dream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? / When Last Born Husband Is Married To The First Born Wife, / Why Are Dead People Not Leaving Their Families When They Died?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.