Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1351866 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:09am On Mar 10, 2018
TheGrandChemist:
I am actually over the moon right now.

Admission decision for one of the schools I applied to just arrived cheesy cheesy

School: Brigham Young university, Provo, Utah (Actually one of my top choices. Highly rated than the others I applied to with the best funding as well).

Program: PhD, Chemistry and Biochemistry.

Funding: In the affirmative, YES (GA) cheesy

However, I am still awaiting decisions from the other schools I applied to:

Louisiana state university, Ohio university, Georgia state university, University of Wyoming, University of Idaho, Oregon State University.

Profile:

Undergraduate course of study: Industrial chemistry

GPA: 3.38/4.00

GRE: 300

TOEFL: 99

No publication or research experience whatsoever. Although, I have about three years work experience.

For those of us still expectant of admission decisions, hold your horses and be positive.

And lest I forget, Mr ponpon thanks for the encouragement. I never imagined I would apply to seven schools if not for your encouragement.

Cheers cheesy grin
Congrats Boss

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheGrandChemist(m): 4:07am On Mar 10, 2018
ponpon:
Congrats Boss
Thanks sir. smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheGrandChemist(m): 4:08am On Mar 10, 2018
Jamaticulus:

Congratulobia GrandChemist.....
Many thanks smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OluDare01(m): 5:09am On Mar 10, 2018
TheGrandChemist:

Many thanks smiley
Congratulations and welcome to America!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dollyptosh(m): 5:57am On Mar 10, 2018
TheGrandChemist:
I am actually over the moon right now.

Admission decision for one of the schools I applied to just arrived cheesy cheesy

School: Brigham Young university, Provo, Utah (Actually one of my top choices. Highly rated than the others I applied to with the best funding as well).

Program: PhD, Chemistry and Biochemistry.

Funding: In the affirmative, YES (GA) cheesy

However, I am still awaiting decisions from the other schools I applied to:

Louisiana state university, Ohio university, Georgia state university, University of Wyoming, University of Idaho, Oregon State University.

Profile:

Undergraduate course of study: Industrial chemistry

GPA: 3.38/4.00

GRE: 300

TOEFL: 99

No publication or research experience whatsoever. Although, I have about three years work experience.

For those of us still expectant of admission decisions, hold your horses and be positive.

And lest I forget, Mr ponpon thanks for the encouragement. I never imagined I would apply to seven schools if not for your encouragement.

Cheers cheesy grin
Congrats boss. No masters degree?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 6:51am On Mar 10, 2018
cooltony09:
I've a 30-minute Skype Interview scheduled for next week with the department..I applied for PhD in pharmaceutical science..
Please what are the likely questions? How best can I prepare for this interview?
Thanks
From experience, I think you should be prepared to speak about previous research experience you have acquired. You can also go through the POI's research focus, identify future work from his papers and speak about the research opportunities available.
All the best!

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheGrandChemist(m): 7:43am On Mar 10, 2018
dollyptosh:
Congrats boss. No masters degree?
Thanks sir. Nope, no master's degree.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheGrandChemist(m): 7:46am On Mar 10, 2018
OluDare01:

Congratulations and welcome to America!
hahaha. Merci Monsieur.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by femi312: 12:05am On Mar 11, 2018
cooltony09:
I've a 30-minute Skype Interview scheduled for next week with the department..I applied for PhD in pharmaceutical science..
Please what are the likely questions? How best can I prepare for this interview?
Thanks
First be ready to talk about yourself, research and work experiences, why you are interested in the research group, why you want to pursue Phd, Long term goals, classes you have taken in your undergrad and masters if applicable,most Phd interviews are just trying to know if you will be a good fit. Keep your mind at rest,try to pronounce your words well and slowly or else you will repeat yourself more than once

6 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cooltony09: 12:47am On Mar 11, 2018
Thanks a lot
femi312:
First be ready to talk about yourself, research and work experiences, why you are interested in the research group, why you want to pursue Phd, Long term goals, classes you have taken in your undergrad and masters if applicable,most Phd interviews are just trying to know if you will be a good fit. Keep your mind at rest and try to pronounce your words well and slowly or else you will repeat yourself more than once
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mrkhaynoni: 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
Any one with information about texas a&m college station? I got an MPH admit there for fall 2018.
Wes-3.21
Toefl-104
GRE -308

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrkhaynoni:
Any one with information about texas a&m college station? I got an MPH admit there for fall 2018.
Wes-3.21
Toefl-104
GRE -308

First of all..........CONGRATULATIONS
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Phattynykun: 6:34am On Mar 12, 2018
Hello can you tell me more about the schools,can you give me ones with top ratings ,I really wanna apply too . Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2018
*So here's the update for today !!!!!*

We have created a google form to be filled by those that *"have written GRE and gotten decisions"*, be it fall 17 or Spring 18 or Fall 18. As the data keeps increasing from time to time, the link to the excel sheet would be shared here so that everyone can have access to it. This should go a long way in helping *both current/future test takers and applicants*

Here's the link to the google form.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iHNel0Je5eEW_BqKI8aIA_rSc4j08dMAEKeXnnu7VRo/edit?usp=sharing_eip&ts=5aa654b2
Thank You.

9 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yusbab(m): 11:21am On Mar 13, 2018
I want to write diz exam before august(fall 2018) and my preparation is not good enough pls I need help
ponpon:
*So here's the update for today !!!!!*

We have created a google form to be filled by those that *"have written GRE and gotten decisions"*, be it fall 17 or Spring 18 or Fall 18. As the data keeps increasing from time to time, the link to the excel sheet would be shared here so that everyone can have access to it. This should go a long way in helping *both current/future test takers and applicants*

Here's the link to the google form.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iHNel0Je5eEW_BqKI8aIA_rSc4j08dMAEKeXnnu7VRo/edit?usp=sharing_eip&ts=5aa654b2
Thank You.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2018
yusbab:
I want to write diz exam before august(fall 2018) and my preparation is not good enough pls I need help

I have replied your request to mail me.

The instructions on the first page are very handy for preparation. Both invaluable advice and materials are there. Just follow the instructions and I believe you'll be fine.

I am also preparing for it. My test date is May 2nd!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tomiwaa(m): 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2018
Ol boy same here ó. Wetin you dey read. Let's do reading partnership.

Sherlock5577:

I have replied your request to mail me.

The instructions on the first page are very handy for preparation. Both invaluable advice and materials are there. Just follow the instructions and I believe you'll be fine.

I am also preparing for it. My test date is May 2nd!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
Fall 2018 is almost over fam, you can try magoosh one month with the official test materials
yusbab:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2018
Tomiwaa:
Ol boy same here ó. Wetin you dey read. Let's do reading partnership.

Bro it's just the materials here and reading experiences of test takers from online sources like quora and gradcafe.

Which state is your venue?

I observed some improvement in my quantitative when I started to study 5lb Manhattan. I actually focused on my weaknesses. It's kinda harder than the ETS maths review.

For verbal you can download Magoosh Vocabulary and Flashcards on Google store. I find them very helpful.
Not really started practice for AWA, Just studying some of the rules involved.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tomiwaa(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
Lagos venue.

Sherlock5577:

Bro it's just the materials here and reading experiences of test takers from online sources like quora and gradcafe.

I observed some improvement in my quantitative when I started to study 5lb Manhattan. I actually focused on my weaknesses. It's kinda harder than the ETS maths review.

For verbal you can download Magoosh Vocabulary and Flashcards on Google store. I find them very helpful.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tomiwaa(m): 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2018
My weakness is in the quantitative as well. I am using Manhattan as well for it. It's a great book.

Sherlock5577:

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2018
Tomiwaa:
My weakness is in the quantitative as well. I am using Manhattan as well for it. It's a great book.

Yes it is wink. Although the Verbal seems kinda easy than expected. undecided

My exam is in Abuja.

Let's see how the prepping goes!!!

Hoping for the best! Wishing you the best!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tomiwaa(m): 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2018
Thanks Mr Holmes.

Sherlock5577:

Yes it is wink. Although the Verbal seems kinda easy than expected. undecided

Mine exam is in Abuja.

Let's see how the prepping goes!!!

Hoping for the best! Wishing you the best!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 4:18pm On Mar 13, 2018
Tomiwaa:
Thanks Mr Holmes.

You complete the name well well sef!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bolubej: 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2018
kcwitch:
Get Manhanttan GRE prep (Complete video sets and book sets). All about 7gb.

PM me for interest

i also sent you a PM kindly send to me too
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 5:26pm On Mar 13, 2018
We are already in March and many schools are yet to make admission decisions. The wait is killing, to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by charles7even: 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2018
Please does anyone know anything about Colorado state university. Got admission for masters Electrical engineering fall 2018 but absolutely nothing on funding. Not even a hint at it. They are even asking me to provide financial support bank statement. sad

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kcwitch(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
bolubej:

i also sent you a PM kindly send to me too

Replied
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2018
charles7even:
Please does anyone know anything about Colorado state university. Got admission for masters Electrical engineering fall 2018 but absolutely nothing on funding. Not even a hint at it. They are even asking me to provide financial support bank statement. sad
Colorado State is a good school for EE! If you check this thread well, you'll see some comments on it. More recently, Topiipii (a prominent member here) got admitted ( I believe he is currently a student there).
Most schools (if not all) will require financial support bank statement to process your i20 and all.

Did you contact Profs? I know of one Prof Sid over there, he is one of the well-funded profs always looking for students. Prof. Simoes is also great with requests on RA.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Allylic(f): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2018
Quoran:
We are already in March and many schools are yet to make admission decisions. The wait is killing, to be honest.
I'm telling you....the wait don turn me to sickler..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheNobelPrize(m): 7:51am On Mar 14, 2018
Quoran:

Yea bro.the wait is something else.But what can we do?.Let's be hopeful.One thing I am sure is that Fall 2018 will never pass us by. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 9:57am On Mar 14, 2018
Quoran:
The wait is really killing...
But I think many schools have made their decisions..
Then by March end almost all decisions would have been made.

I pray for admission with funding for every Fall 2018 Hopefuls.
The time is now

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.