Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown (8663 Views)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / (pictures) When Last Did You Make Use Of This? / How Often Do You Visit Your Village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by barackodam: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
whitecat007: Foolish ibo poster! Why didn't you use Onitsha or Enugu as examples? Just because your ancestors lived in forest should not blind you from reality that Yoruba lived and still live More in big towns, that's is the reason you see the biggest cities in SW and none of SE states is larger than a local government in SW. I really hope your obsession will let you open your eyes and see that Lagos is some people's hometown just like Enugu, Owerri among others, and must be respected. My maternal family trace their root to atleast 7 generations in Lagos. Which new home town are you going to create for people like this?

Hope u ain't referring to me
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by mizBerry1(f): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
Been a lonnnnng while
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Harmvirus(f): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
December 2013.. I do visit once a year
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by yesboss20(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
It haff tey'd o! Chai.

The last visit I made to my hometown was in 2007. I have few relatives there at present. It's a fine place though: could see myself staying there on vacation in the not too distant future.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by whitecat007: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Who else wrote the epistle without stating the bush you came from? of course! I'm so referring to you! I will not sit back and let you slippery slime take a swipe at Lagos at every chance you get. Lagos is mine to protect and yours to obsess.

barackodam:

Hope u ain't referring to me
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by barackodam: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
whitecat007: Who else wrote the epistle without stating the bush you came from? of course! I'm so referring to you! I will not sit back and let you slippery slime take a swipe at Lagos at every chance you get. Lagos is mine to protect and yours to obsess.

Lol.

Yoruba always say.

Ikoko to npe isasun no dudu.

Shio.

As though I resemble a n Igbo man.

Won a ma was awawi OSI!!!!

Better go get job and most probably visit ur village
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
evegran: erm its from a song. Anyone can use it. Im done with this interrogation, go and find your crush and stop trying to get info from me.
Chai!!!! **wickedness in high places**
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by KelvinGraphics(m): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
evegran: Oil rich Akwa Ibom state. smiley. Oh and I know you're igbo.
Hey dear
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Elebiju: 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan: Only Our "Jewish" ibo brothers don't know their hometown. Too busy trying to claim another man's land.

Do you have to derail the topic with your idiocy?whether you like it or not our Igbo brothers are good examples worthy of emulation, an average Igbo man visits his hometown at least once in a year with his family, he builds his first house there before any other place but we *omo oduduwa* we tend to forget our root once we find peace anywhere even if it is sambisa forest. Pls my brother let's stop this tribal war and respect each other,OMI IYA DUN.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by TamzyTamudo: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan: Only Our "Jewish" ibo brothers don't know their hometown. Too busy trying to claim another man's land.

there u go again this Ofenmanu boy,who is claiming your land? Or are we the people that made u guys extremely broke that you sell everything possible in ur possession to live e.g water land,old dilapidated buildings and cars etc wise up,accept failure and hustle hard.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Chikasova(m): 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2014

You're confirmed EWU Gambia!!! You get land
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by otiigba1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
last christmas and i will be back again this christmas
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by whitecat007: 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nice try at Yoruba proverbs but misses! I don't have a village, maybe you can make one up for me. You still haven't told us where you are from, is it because it won't sound like where people would love to move to? Both of my parents are from places with bells and whistles with a last name that will make you wish you are me. You can tattoo that.
barackodam:

Lol.

Yoruba always say.

Ikoko to npe isasun no dudu.

Shio.

As though I resemble a n Igbo man.

Won a ma was awawi OSI!!!!

Better go get job and most probably visit ur village
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by olatinpo(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
Why should I visit home town when I don't have any business there! Or is there any importance of going home regularly?
Abeg life is more precious than walking around aimlessly.

I represent Epinmi Land
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by rhymaholic: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by rhames(m): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
2009.Went there on official business not ceremonies. The last visit was in 1991.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by IFEDILIEZE(m): 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
makzeze: I visited my hometown Maiduguri, this week for sallah. Everything is calm. Thank God!
o boy u get liver
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 31, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Hey dear
Kelvin. Hey smiley
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:13am On Jul 31, 2014
evegran: Kelvin. Hey smiley
Long time hun.... Wia av U been?
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 31, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Long time hun.... Wia av U been?
been around smiley. Where did u look?
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 31, 2014
Xtarxhyne: ha!....pls go ooooo
planning to prolly next year..
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by nekaa(f): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2014
about 18months ago; for a burial
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by prestigedamisa(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
March, 2014!
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by moneybag007(m): 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Na my home town ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ as ℓ̊ dey type so... I've been here since 2 days b4 sallah... I've spending time with my parents and siblings... Dunno when ℓ̊ will return... Might be in the next 2 or 3 months cuz ℓ̊ come home like 10-15 times in a year...
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by KelvinGraphics(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
evegran: been around smiley. Where did u look?
Inside our room... But u werent there.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by tpia1: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Visiting your hometown is good for some, bad for others.

You need to find out what kind of hometown you have before visiting all willy nilly. For some , going to your hometown means you will meet your maker, while for others, it is not so.

Imo, it is wrong to condemn people for not visiting their hometown when you do not know their reason for not doing do. Not to mention whose business is it if people visit their hometown or not.

Like I pointed out before, watch the episode of married with children where they visited their hometown, and give feedback on that.

Ancestral enemies are real, likewise haters are also real. The whys and wherefores of why anyone decides to hate, are irrelevant. Just accept hatred as a fact.

For those whose hometowns welcome them wholeheartedly, good for you, nothing wrong with that.

and regardless if you visit often or not, just consider yourself a diasporan towns-person of wherever you're from, if you want.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by tpia1: 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
And btw, folks are just too nosy nowadays, always in business that doesn't concern them. Not referring to this thread alone.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Dermie: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
grin 199something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated / How Do U Interprete 'Eku Amojuba' In English / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.