Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,441 members, 7,954,744 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (64634 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 10:40am On Aug 06, 2014
peppyluv02: Jesu melu gi ebele cheesy
I nweta mail m?

yea.... emesia ka welu nwayoo guo ya. Otego ezigbo aka ma akaro use dat mail sad it gonna take some hours to reopen it... Ha kuchigo d thing...

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

nne

point of correction

maka na uwa na acho ikpu

okeikpu do you concur?
Ajo anu anatu bombu,on'aku nkwa.... kedu ka nga esi concur...,concussion ona eme mu..
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

that's is act 1 Scene 1 when you get to see the act 10 scene 20 of these people you will throw up.

they are funny

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Iykeponti(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2014
Umu-Igbo daalu noo! IFE UNU NEME AMAKA. kedu ezenwanyi anakpo Peppyluv? BIKO TINYEKENU YA PIX, KA ANAFU IRU GI ANYA cool na ndi nwe obodo abatago cool

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
MsNas:

Ma'am, can you read? If yes, can you comprehend? Where exactly on this thread was it stated that only Igbos should venture in into the thread or even comment? I wasn't gonna post on here, just read, laugh and pass. But your case is alarming.

BTW, this is NAIRALAND. wink
My dear, I won't even bother exchanging words with you as I'm a very busy person. My statement still stands. Any Non-Igbo person posting on this thread is looking for trouble. Full stop.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan:

Keep Quiet woman. Is this your father's forum?! Abeg, swerve.
The minute I saw word swerve I knew you had to be a 20yr old Neanderthal with no job, no education, no life per se. And that's why you are logged onto this site every second of the day. My statement still stands. Any non-Igbo person that posts on this thread is just looking for trouble.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You should have taken the thread to Linda Ikeji Blog.
Why my statement bothered you is what I would never understand. But nevertheless, it still stands. Any non-Igbo person who posts on this thread is just looking for trouble. Full stop.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
peppyluv02: cheesy cheesy cheesy
Today inside a BRT bus I saw a yoruba woman sucking the nose of her child who should be up to 5years old! Disgusting!! undecided why not use a tissue or handkerchief? That method is for babies less than 5months old thou I won't even do it,maybe my mum or grand ma grin

NNE

you shouldn't have answered that imp

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan50: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharmO1: The minute I saw word swerve I knew you had to be a 20yr old Neanderthal with no job, no education, no life per se. And that's why you are logged onto this site every second of the day. My statement still stands. Any non-Igbo person that posts on this thread is just looking for trouble.

No Job?! Nah.

I'm tired of these nobodies quoting me!!! Who are you?! Who knows your father?! A family of nobodies!!! I blame the internet.
So...
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Okeikpu: Ajo anu anatu bombu,on'aku nkwa.... kedu ka nga esi concur...,concussion ona eme mu..

onye ajuju anaghi efu uzor
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Iykeponti: Umu-Igbo daalu noo! IFE UNU NEME AMAKA. kedu ezenwanyi anakpo Peppyluv? BIKO TINYEKENU YA PIX, KA ANAFU IRU GI ANYA cool na ndi nwe obodo abatago cool

ndi ofe manu wu Idiot

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
peppyluv02: cheesy cheesy so nke ndi oji tokari?

nne

have you seen where their women use hand to hold their kids shit. the use of toilet tissue is so forbidden in Yoruba land that they don't see a need for it . they use hand and water to clean anuss...

its hard to see a woman selling tomatoes and they will have a small container for feaces and urine then they will still use it to cook rice ....
that's why I don't eat their food

then don't worry you will see their men giving births like swine and they do nothing and their women are just contented

they can send their kids to buy beans 20naira rice 20naira and meet 10naira . they can't cook always jumping from place to place

enjoy your stay

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan50: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
The stench of decayed human flesh!!!

Damn Igbos, open the window!!! Bloody cannibals!!!

I can't imagine the amount of cannibalism that took place in yIgboland during the war.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

nne

point of correction

maka na uwa na acho ikpu

okeikpu do you concur?

Lmao, una no go kill pesin for NL..

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharmO1: Why my statement bothered you is what I would never understand. But nevertheless, it still stands. Any non-Igbo person who posts on this thread is just looking for trouble. Full stop.
If you're reasonable common sense would tell you everybody has the right to comment on every thread because there is no forum's rule against it.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If you're reasonable common sense would tell you everybody has the right to comment on every thread because there is no forum's rule against it.
I never said you didn't have a right to post on this thread. What I said is, any non-Igbo posting on this thread is looking for trouble. Especially if that non-Igbo person makes derogatory statements. When you see a thread with a title that states a tribe, one should be diplomatic by avoiding that thread or reading and "passing" or posting non-insulting comments. The topic of the thread has the word IGBO has a tag so anyone reading through should "try" to accept what is written and if what is written is unacceptable then it would be best not to make any posts that are insulting to any group of people. I understand that a forum is a public platform but young sir, the issue of common sense should come into play here. It's either the non-Igbo person avoids the thread completely or reads and makes non-insulting remarks. And you mentioned rules, right? Well, the forum rules clearly state that derogatory remarks to any group of people are prohibited. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan50:

No Job?! Nah.

I'm tired of these nobodies quoting me!!! Who are you?! Who knows your father?! A family of nobodies!!! I blame the internet.
So...
See who's calling someone a nobody. I really do blame the internet. At least I'm not the one who has changed usernames a bunch of times to cover my a55. You are so infantile! What has my father or yours got to do with this forum thread? Do you even have a father, you c0ck-sucking, piece of shite hobo? My son, you need an education immediately. Start from Pre-primary and work up to Secondary hopefully your brain would grow to the size of a walnut cos right now it's the size of a grain of rice. Stop spending too much time making trouble on forums and wanking yourself to 5tupidty. Go to school.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Iykeponti(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

ndi ofe manu wu Idiot
Peppluv obu onye ofe mmanu?? xD
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharmO1: I never said you didn't have a right to post on this thread. What I said is, any non-Igbo posting on this thread is looking for trouble. Especially if that non-Igbo person makes derogatory statements. When you see a thread with a title that states a tribe, one should be diplomatic by avoiding that thread or reading and "passing" or posting non-insulting comments. The topic of the thread has the word IGBO has a tag so anyone reading through should "try" to accept what is written and if what is written is unacceptable then it would be best not to make any posts that are insulting to any group of people. I understand that a forum is a public platform but young sir, the issue of common sense should come into play here. It's either the non-Igbo person avoids the thread completely or reads and makes non-insulting remarks. And you mentioned rules, right? Well, the forum rules clearly state that derogatory remarks to any group of people are prohibited. Cheers.
You're wrong. I may not say more than this: I hate sounding harsh to ladies. Goodnight.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by MsNas(f): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharmO1: My dear, I won't even bother exchanging words with you as I'm a very busy person. My statement still stands. Any Non-Igbo person posting on this thread is looking for trouble. Full stop.
I can see you're a very busy person. And I still say it, if you don't want non Igbos here, then I guess the thread shouldn't be on Nairaland, seeing as Nairaland is owned by a Yoruba guy. TF are you on about? Rubbish!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
MsNas:
I can see you're a very busy person. And I still say it, if you don't want non Igbos here, then I guess the thread shouldn't be on Nairaland, seeing as Nairaland is owned by a Yoruba guy. TF are you on about? Rubbish!
you are quite asinine to even come back and quote me again. If this forum had been called Yorubaland or O'odualand, I'd have stayed far away from it but it's Nairaland. And the creator of the forum is Yoruba, yes but other tribes are acknowledged here officially. If someone creates a thread about his tribe and you don't like what he wrote about his own tribe, don't post insults. Read and walk away. It's sheer and utter 5tupidity to insult a tribe on a thread that has not insulted your tribe.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan50: The stench of decayed human flesh!!!

Damn Igbos, open the window!!! Bloody cannibals!!!

I can't imagine the amount of cannibalism that took place in yIgboland during the war.

agreed

then what happened in Ibadan
what about that man that buried a child in kogi

we know Yoruba and rituals
what about these kids that are been kidnapped in Ibadan overtime

they are all igbos ...u must be crazy

thank Lord everybody knows the slimy tendencies of Yoruba people

this is no more newspaper we are all seeing it

tomorrow they claim the most educated but we know igbos keep holding the ace

they claim the most this and that

internet is good they can't hide under pages if newspaper

oh I forget one of the founders of internet is an igbo

Philip emeagwali

Lol

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
Iykeponti: Peppluv obu onye ofe mmanu?? xD

Ikechukwu... bia hapuru m peppluv.. she is my person

ndi ofe mmanu gwuru agwu mana igbo kwere ha

kedu ije

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

agreed

then what happened in Ibadan
what about that man that buried a child in kogi

we know Yoruba and rituals
what about these kids that are been kidnapped in Ibadan overtime

they are all igbos ...u must be crazy

thank Lord everybody knows the slimy tendencies of Yoruba people

this is no more newspaper we are all seeing it

tomorrow they claim the most educated but we know igbos keep holding the ace

they claim the most this and that

internet is good they can't hide under pages if newspaper

oh I forget one of the founders of internet is an igbo

Philip emeagwali

Lol

You're deluded if you think emeagwali was one of the founders of the Internet. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharmO1: See who's calling someone a nobody. I really do blame the internet. At least I'm not the one who has changed usernames a bunch of times to cover my a55. You are so infantile! What has my father or yours got to do with this forum thread? Do you even have a father, you c0ck-sucking, piece of shite hobo? My son, you need an education immediately. Start from Pre-primary and work up to Secondary hopefully your brain would grow to the size of a walnut cos right now it's the size of a grain of rice. Stop spending too much time making trouble on forums and wanking yourself to 5tupidty. Go to school.

I didn't read a single word of that Shi.t you wrote up there. LOL!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300:

You're deluded if you think emeagwali was one of the founders of the Internet. grin grin grin grin
A "father of the Internet", sometimes called the Bill Gates of Africa, computing superbrain Philip Emeagwali spent years of his childhood in a refugee camp before he went on to become, in former US President Bill Clinton's words, "one of the great minds of the Information Age".

Emeagwali grew up in Onitsha, in south-eastern Nigeria, one of nine children of Ibo-speaking parents. He showed early promise at school, even though he often had to work to help support his family. He was nicknamed "Calculus" by classmates for his extraordinary abilities in maths. His father, a nurse, would quiz him with 100 maths problems and leave him only an hour to find all the solutions. By the time Emeagwali entered fifth grade, his teacher would let him take over the class when he was absent

http://www.unhcr.org/3b72550f0.html

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300:

no its your father that was one of the founder

ewu

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:
A "father of the Internet", sometimes called the Bill Gates of Africa, computing superbrain Philip Emeagwali spent years of his childhood in a refugee camp before he went on to become, in former US President Bill Clinton's words, "one of the great minds of the Information Age".

Emeagwali grew up in Onitsha, in south-eastern Nigeria, one of nine children of Ibo-speaking parents. He showed early promise at school, even though he often had to work to help support his family. He was nicknamed "Calculus" by classmates for his extraordinary abilities in maths. His father, a nurse, would quiz him with 100 maths problems and leave him only an hour to find all the solutions. By the time Emeagwali entered fifth grade, his teacher would let him take over the class when he was absent

http://www.unhcr.org/3b72550f0.html

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/18/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300:

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/18/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame
Saharareporters are as useless and dry as the Sahara desert.
Stop believing tribal propaganda

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by MsNas(f): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharmO1: you are quite asinine to even come back and quote me again. If this forum had been called Yorubaland or O'odualand, I'd have stayed far away from it but it's Nairaland. And the creator of the forum is Yoruba, yes but other tribes are acknowledged here officially. If someone creates a thread about his tribe and you don't like what he wrote about his own tribe, don't post insults. Read and walk away. It's sheer and utter 5tupidity to insult a tribe on a thread that has not insulted your tribe.
I will try my hardest not to insult you babe. Where the heck did I insult any tribe? If you open any damned thread or whatever on the www, you have no effing right to tell anybody not to talk or comment on any thread. What are we? Cuba? Is this North Korea? Freedom of speech my dear. The same way your people won't fail to post derogatory pictures of Ibadan (BTW, I'm from there), whenever anything about the city comes up is the same people are gonna say whatever they like on any thread they want. You DO NOT control anybody's right to speech. Saying non-Igbos should not comment is going just a tad too far.

Lemme ask you, why didn't go on other threads where your fellow Igbos are busy thrashing and belittling other cultures and tribes and order them to be civil and stop it? Or you're not aware that Igbos insult Yorubas a lot on this forum? If you don't, I suggest you go on the culture and Politics section and have a look. You people aren't exactly saints in that regards anyways. So your arguments holds no water, Ma'am. And yeah, i'm gonna quote you as long as I have the time and energy. You deffo can't stop me from doing so.

PS: It will have been better to just call me Stupiddd; instead of using Asinine. Stop trying to act like the intellectual you aren't. And I will give you just that one transgression. If you try it again, I won't be so nice smiley
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:
Saharareporters are as useless and dry as the Sahara desert.
Stop believing tribal propaganda

Give it a Chance. I was also a big fan of Phillip.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300:

Give it a Chance. I was also a big fan of Phillip.
Give falsehood a chance??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos) / Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) / Yoruba Names Whose Meanings Are Now Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.