Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63279 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ak47mann(m): 9:52am On Aug 04, 2014
peppyluv02: Typical coward denying his tribe cuz you've been put in your place. But like I told you before,every tribe except Igbos are slaves to the north and you all are british puppets! The white man says the Igbos are hard working and proud! We submit to no one cuz we are all kings in our own domain. Igbo enwe eze. Anyi ana chi kwanu tongue

cool

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ak47mann(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2014
Parents, guardians in Bayelsa protest NYSC posting to north

Some parents and guardians took to the streets of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, on Saturday to protest against the posting of their children and wards to the northern part of the country by the National Youth Service Corps.
The protesters disrupted business activities as they marched through the popular Yenagoa-Mbiama Road, among other roads.
They stopped by the office of The PUNCH in Yenagoa and explained to our correspondent that they were apprehensive that their children were going on a mission of no return...

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ak47mann(m): 10:00am On Aug 04, 2014
is an embarrassment that yorubas a majority group will claim to come from eastern minority just 2 feel close to igbos. Who say igbos are not blessed by God? cool

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
seunoni34:
So in conclusion, what message are you trying to pass across?

Yoruba are fetish people ...stay away from them....they can be nasty

that's the message

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
peppyluv02: Abeg educate the 4chi-mpanzee...

ada eji eje mba....

NNE idi Sharp

kedu

igbugo m

these cone heads will understand that you can personally match em

NNE jide nke iji

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
JigsawKillah:

i've heard of the human parts sellers at Onitsha, Anambra and most recently Akwa Ibom. What else are they using them for if not rituals?
Im not saying other people dont do rituals, all im saying is the Igbos are known for it more than other tribes

SAW

what

go rest in peace please

I live in lagos and I know the diabolic tendency of Yoruba person

bounce biko

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
kokolet007: Nigerian Billionaires and Top 20+ Richest People (Entrepreneurs) in Nigeria 2013
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Dangote Group, (Manufacturing, oil & gas,)

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)

3. Femi Otedola – Forte Oil and Gas (Oil & gas)

4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group (Aviation, Shipping, publishing, manufacturing)

5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group (Automobile, manufacturing)

6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet (Insurance, transportation, oil & gas)

7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone (Banking, Telecom)

8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank (Banking, Telecom)

9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria, Pivotal Engineering, Airtel (Manufacturing, oil & gas, telecom)

10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group (Oil & gas, construction)

11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group

12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group (manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)

13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards (Insurance, Security, Technology, Food retailing)

14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group (Trading, manufacturing, oil & gas)

15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT, (Entertainment)

16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group (Pharmaceutical, oil & gas)

17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies (Automobiles)

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas (Oil & gas)

19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox (Computer, technology)

20. Fola Adeola – GTBank (Banking)

21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig LTD, Distributor of Toyota cars (Auto retailing)

22. Abdulsamad Rabiu – Bua Group (Oil & gas, manufacturing)

23. Folorunsho Alakija – Famfa Oil (Oil & gas)

24. High Chief O.B. Lulu Briggs – Moni Pulo (Oil & gas)

25. Hakeem Bello Osagie – Etisalat Nigeria (Telecom)

26.  Sani Bello – Amni Petroleum (Oil & gas)

27.  Mohammed Indimi – Oriental Petroleum (Oil & gas)

28. Sir Emeka Offor – Chrome Group (Oil & gas, marine)

29.  Chief Arthur Eze – Atlas Oranto Petroleum (Oil & gas)

30. Vincent Amaechi Obianodo – Young Shall Grow Motors, RockView Hotels (Transportation, hotels)

did you see that Igbo in your list is up to 11 then other Nigerians will make do of the remainder

these are people that fought war

that same anambra boy talking

God I bless you and thank you for my life and making me igbo

this is not boasting but appreciation

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
HopeAtHand: Let me clarify issues.

1) Ikwerre is Ikwerre.

2) Ikwerre isnt a subgroup of anytribe.

3) Igbos should stop mentioning Ikwerre in their writeups.

Let nobody quote me or Amadioha will strike the person.

ikpu nne gi

is amdioha an English god... ewu don't worry ...anyi ga eme gi ohu... when the time comes

anu ofia igwe ocha

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
slydog:

Am yoruba, I want to marry igbo gurl like Banega, buh she pushing me offff...

what is wrong with Yoruba women that most Yoruba men will treat them like Lawler and bad omen

bro try marrying from your people ...p

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
shaboti: why pls

The movie did not live up to expectation, at least in certain scenes. The movie was themed as "The Biafran War", BUT NOTHING in the movie suggested sharply this was indeed a war, so many important roles and characteristics were cut out. I understand the director portraying a sympathetic view of the Biafrans. There were too many colorful, unwanted scenes that adds no shred of value to the Biafran dark history. In SUMMARY, the movie undermined the struggle of the Biafrans, the story was sold short of what the Biafran war was all about. For this reason, I was hugely disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
smiley ogom nwoke good afternoon.
My friends call me Biafra! cheesy
Not my fault,just proud of who I am. Pity they tried to hide the truth even after the genocide but thank God for people like Achebe,Emefiena Eweani, Adichie and Emeagwali,even Wole soyinka who took time to bring out the hidden truth.
They say we are proud and we sure have every reason to be.
I just dealt with one stup!d ghanian on a particular thread and trust some cone heads to support him but I was equal to the task.

tonychristopher:

ada eji eje mba....

NNE idi Sharp

kedu

igbugo m

these cone heads will understand that you can personally match em

NNE jide nke iji
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
chulla12:

My brother saw this as well and also told me he was disappointed.

Something about that movie screams stage play, too many bright colors and melodrama.

I honestly don't think that Nigerian directors are ready for the big screen yet. We are too theatrical/amateurish for film.

We could make a killing in soap operas though....it's more of our niche, when I think of Nollywood.

I was disappointed because I know the struggle of my people, if indeed this movie was themed "The Biafran War", then it comes nothing close to the Biafran war. If this movie was anticipated to catapult our current struggle to light, well, the directors did a shady job. I am not here to criticize Chimanda and her movie, I just thought it could have been better. If this movie was about the war,

What started the war? This wasn't told in the movie

How about the millions of innocent women and children who were killed? This was NEVER told

How about the Betrayal by a certain group? We will NEVER know

There are too many unanswered question, this doesn't sell the dark history... I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
Peppy, wasup, how you dey na... I see you lurking around... Kedu kwanu grin
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
I'm in Lagos now,mennnnn this people ugly die! Even with make up cheesy

tonychristopher:

what

go rest in peace please

I live in lagos and I know the diabolic tendency of Yoruba person

bounce biko

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nwannem I'm fine o. Anam acho okwu,onwe kwa nu ife ozo m pass cheesy

manny4life: Peppy, wasup, how you dey na... I see you lurking around... Kedu kwanu grin
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mennnn I haven't seen the movie but from your write up,it shows the story is not complete...

Acting and producing..on my mind angry

manny4life:

I was disappointed because I know the struggle of my people, if indeed this movie was themed "The Biafran War", then it comes nothing close to the Biafran war. If this movie was anticipated to catapult our current struggle to light, well, the directors did a shady job. I am not here to criticize Chimanda and her movie, I just thought it could have been better. If this movie was about the war,

What started the war? This wasn't told in the movie

How about the millions of innocent women and children who were killed? This was NEVER told

How about the Betrayal by a certain group? We will NEVER know

There are too many unanswered question, this doesn't sell the dark history... I'm sorry.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
peppyluv02: Nwannem I'm fine o. Anam acho okwu,onwe kwa nu ife ozo m pass cheesy

Lmao... you funny. Don't let this people get to you, anyway I trust you. cool cool
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
peppyluv02: Mennnn I haven't seen the movie but from your write up,it shows the story is not complete...

Acting and producing..on my mind angry

Nah, the story wasn't complete... They should have themed it something else but definitely NOT "The Biafran War".
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
No dear,they won't.

manny4life:

Lmao... you funny. Don't let this people get to you, anyway I trust you. cool cool
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
peppyluv02: I'm in Lagos now,mennnnn this people ugly die! Even with make up cheesy

hmmmm NNE

you ain't seen nothing yet

go to their market and see how they hawk potash and other cheap chemical to bleach and be fair like Igbo women they end up been pink with black feet and stretch market

I wonder how their men make love to their women

their women hmmm they have this attitude issue that when you price them what you will hear are curses like araroro olebruku etc

their breastt are so stretch marked that I wonder if they fought with tiger or are evolving to be zebra

no men sucks em breastt...be wise

be on the look out and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
manny4life:

Nah, the story wasn't complete... They should have themed it something else but definitely NOT "The Biafran War".

due to volatity of this country the movie will be so edited that the essense will be lost and mind you the Nigerian version is different from international version

in art world there is what us known as artistic embellishment and historical fact

so the movie even if its in season can't capture every Biafra even

but do know that our hearts captured the Biafra events

so igbos have it not written but engraved in our hearts

may we remain blessed as a people

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy I have been here for just 2days and I've seen it all..very lousy noisy people.
Hmmmm agbero na better job for here o! From there they become local govt chairmen while the so called literates come on nl to fool themselves. Ndi ara

tonychristopher:

hmmmm NNE

go to their market and see how they hawk potash and other cheap chemical to bleach and be fair like Igbo women they end up been pink with black feet and stretch market

their women hmmm they have this attitude issue that when you price them what you will hear are curses like araroro olebruku etc

their breastt are so stretch marked that I wonder if they fought with tiger or are evolving to be zebra

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
peppyluv02: cheesy cheesy cheesy I have been here for just 2days and I've seen it all..very lousy noisy people.
Hmmmm agbero na better job for here o! From there they become local govt chairmen while the so called literates come on nl to fool themselves. Ndi ara

thats just tip of iceberg wait till u go party and u will see how their people rock the boat

you will see a man staying in a room apartment with public toilet and haven't paid their kids school feel borrowing to kill a cow and doing parties

its at owambe that you will see misplaced priority

enjoy your stay ....then don't worry you will see how they pump the anus of poor cow and inflate it then scrape the hell out of the hairs ...instead of roasting the cow

then you will see cooking a soap with a broom and drinking tea with plates

they are just funny lot

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lol biko mee ebere cheesy

tonychristopher:

thats just tip of iceberg wait till u go party and u will see how their people rock the boat

you will see a man staying in a room apartment with public toilet and haven't paid their kids school feel borrowing to kill a cow and doing parties

its at owambe that you will see misplaced priority

enjoy your stay ....then don't worry you will see how they pump the anus of poor cow and inflate it then scrape the hell out of the hairs ...instead of roasting the cow

then you will see cooking a soap with a broom and drinking tea with plates

they are just funny lot

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by OneNaira6: 5:10am On Aug 05, 2014
angry angry angry

How dare my Igbo brothers and sisters no invite me to this thread. Una beating the cone heads from South West with hammer and sticks and no one bothered to bring me into the fun. Chei umu Igbo don fall my head aaaaa. angry angry

Anyway Kudos sha for dealing with the ediots from South West beautifully. This thread was a great read.

@topic

Proudly and arrogantly IGBO. Thank God for blessing me with such a gift. If you made me anything else, I would have probably would have killed myself so I can go back in heaven and yell at the all mighty for notmaking me Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by pazienza(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Chai! I missed this party. No one invited me.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan50: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
tonychristopher:

ajo nwa.... Lol... juo okeipku ka ikpu oyibo si ato... nne I gaghi eje confession biko... Ego no ya na Obi

don't mind haters OK ...idi Sharp

nwanyi oma
Tony nwannaa....odi atosikwanu uto like dat, mana ona'da ajo uda...

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
tonychristopher:

ikpu nne gi

is amdioha an English god... ewu don't worry ...anyi ga eme gi ohu... when the time comes

anu ofia igwe ocha
Biko rapu ndi Rumuikpu aka... Ndi-ara nasoghari ndi Aboki n'ike ka nkita....

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
peppyluv02: I'm in Lagos now,mennnnn this people ugly die! Even with make up cheesy

Peppynwa..... ibu ajo unu..... kedu ka osi ada...? Afrozikwam ur blakelight sad Odikwa ka inagho ajo aghugho... grin
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
tonychristopher:

hmmmm NNE

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
cheesy cheesy mba anaghim agho aghugho. Abum nwa fada
Ngwa kam send ya gi mail

Okeikpu: Peppynwa..... ibu ajo unu..... kedu ka osi ada...? Afrozikwam ur blakelight sad Odikwa ka inagho ajo aghugho... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo's Young Wives Pose Together (Photos) / Official Translation Thread / Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.