Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,896 members, 7,956,373 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. (7399 Views)

Start Of A New World War / 100 Years After 'Titanic' Ship To Sail Again / 12 Years After September 11, Haunting Memories Of Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by LordOrochimaru(m): 6:32am On Jul 29, 2014
What a war! Read all about it in my secondary school days. War is sweet to those who have had no taste of it
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Missy89(f): 6:34am On Jul 29, 2014
kudoxs: seems you are a historian,please share your own version of the war.

Russia had no treaty with Serbia. it was more of an alliance not a treaty (Orthodox, Slavic solidarity)

Britain did not join the war because German attacked France or Russia. it was because they invaded through Belgium. if they hadn't, Britain might have been neutral.

France baited Germany into the war. Germany asked Paris of its intentions if she honors her commitment with Austria Hungary but didn't get a good response so in fear of loosing the upper hand, Germany implemented the shieflen plan. France realize it would force Britain into the war.

The first world war was murky and there isn't a specific reason why it escalated. keep in mind, the English, Russian and German royals at the time were one Family to some extent.

3 Likes

Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by orobs93(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2014
Oboy 111 world war go be die we go fite eh ...forget my family oh everybody go fite.
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:18am On Jul 29, 2014
onitshaigbo:

if WWI was in Europe, and WWII was in Europe and Asia, then WWIII must be in Africa!!!
A VERY UNFORTUNATE WISH.
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by pak: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2014
shorexng and missy89
thumbs up !!

As much as war is almost impossible to justify and leaves a cruel and bitter trail in its wake.
If peace must be obtained at the price of servitude, it is no longer peace, its slavery

1 Like

Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by kudsweet(f): 8:14am On Jul 29, 2014
And millions of innocent people were killed, I wonder if its Arab nations that did such they will be tagged terrorist & extremist.

Bunch of hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Fourwinds: 8:25am On Jul 29, 2014
Missy89:

world war 1 & 2 were fought in Europe, Africa , Asia and the seas
thank u for educating him. E does not know history na only business e know. Nna eeeh business swiriri-swerere.
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by ElPhenomenal(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2014
Saw a documentary about the great war on natgeo tv some few days back,sometimes soldiers fighting against eachoda will leave their trenches,chat n drink tea togeda n d nxt day dey start bombing emselfs again....so bloody
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Fourwinds: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2014
kudsweet: And millions of innocent people were killed, I wonder if its Arab nations that did such they will be tagged terrorist & extremist.

Bunch of hypocrites.
u know nothing about history on war. Turkey( Ottoman empire) was involved. She did supported Germany. When i say Ottoman empire, it comprises of d present day Turkey,Saudi-Arabia,Syria,Israel,Lebanon,U.A.E, Palestine,Gaza,kuwait
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Fourwinds: 8:50am On Jul 29, 2014
kudsweet: And millions of innocent people were killed, I wonder if its Arab nations that did such they will be tagged terrorist & extremist.

Bunch of hypocrites.
there is a film called Lawrence of Arabia. Watch it and u will know how d Ottoman empire was partition into these various countries after d wwwI end. So Arabs were always involved. Try to verify before u comment. Mind u there are alot of academia here

1 Like

Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by kudsweet(f): 8:57am On Jul 29, 2014
Fourwinds:
there is a film called Lawrence of Arabia. Watch it and u will know how d Ottoman empire was partition into these various countries after d wwwI end. So Arabs were always involved. Try to verify before u comment. Mind u there are alot of academia here
Film.... SMH How does film correlate with my statement, can't you think for your self or should I think for you?

2 Likes

Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by kudsweet(f): 9:00am On Jul 29, 2014
Fourwinds:
u know nothing about history on war. Turkey( Ottoman empire) was involved. She did supported Germany. When i say Ottoman empire, it comprises of d present day Turkey,Saudi-Arabia,Syria,Israel,Lebanon,U.A.E, Palestine,Gaza,kuwait
You know absolutely nothing, you are only watching film, this time around you need a novel.
Ottoman empire ko kokomaster ni

You guys are pure hypocrite, second world war too nah empire base shior

3 Likes

Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by eluquenson(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2014
ElPhenomenal: Saw a documentary about the great war on natgeo tv some few days back,sometimes soldiers fighting against eachoda will leave their trenches,chat n drink tea togeda n d nxt day dey start bombing emselfs again....so bloody
It's discovery channel & today 9pm they will show us in details.
War isn't a good experience
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by ayobase(m): 9:28am On Jul 29, 2014
after three days he arose..
after/during www3 he will come.

get ready......the signs are here already.....tension everywhere!
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Fourwinds: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2014
kudsweet: Film.... SMH How does film correlate with my statement, can't you think for your self or should I think for you?
you are just ignorant of somethings. I believe u must have watch the Titanic movie. Are u telling me or d people here dat it never occur in real life. For someone to refer to such film(s) is a quick way for u to have a glimpse of what happened. There are historic books out there or better still at the comfort of ur room google Ottoman empire during wwI. Thank God for d internet. I give facts and i dont argue blindly. Anyone can do d same
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Fourwinds: 9:51am On Jul 29, 2014
kudsweet: You know absolutely nothing, you are only watching film, this time around you need a novel.
Ottoman empire ko kokomaster ni

You guys are pure hypocrite, second world war too nah empire base shior

we dont need to argue here. Thank God for d internet. Just gooogle how these countries i made mention above came to be. Ottoman empire splitted up to produce these countries and it was as a result of wwI. T.E Lawrence(Lawrence of Arabia) ,a British citizen was a key player in d Arab revolt to partition Ottoman empire to these various countries
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by kudsweet(f): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2014
Fourwinds:
you are just ignorant of somethings. I believe u must have watch the Titanic movie. Are u telling me or d people here dat it never occur in real life. For someone to refer to such film(s) is a quick way for u to have a glimpse of what happened. There are historic books out there or better still at the comfort of ur room google Ottoman empire during wwI. Thank God for d internet. I give facts and i dont argue blindly. Anyone can do d same
Pls give us links to that as my android has no Google facility, its glaring the most violent & wicked people in the world are Jews, if you don't know pls look for a film to watch..clown
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2014
Missy89:

Russia had no treaty with Serbia. it was more of an alliance not a treaty (Orthodox, Slavic solidarity)

Britain did not join the war because German attacked France or Russia. it was because they invaded through Belgium. if they hadn't, Britain might have been neutral.

France baited Germany into the war. Germany asked Paris of its intentions if she honors her commitment with Austria Hungary but didn't get a good response so in fear of loosing the upper hand, Germany implemented the shieflen plan. France realize it would force Britain into the war.

The first world war was murky and there isn't a specific reason why it escalated. keep in mind, the English, Russian and German royals at the time were one Family to some extent.
. There was. "Its Political"... Normally no one would expect otterman empire to go on a violent approach against serbia for assassination of duke ferdinard(I biliv you are aware of this) but Austria-hungary gave 8 conditions to serbia with the support of germany which serbia could not keep to all but 7 of them which I biliv you are also aware of. Now Tell me missy89 what was the 8 conditions all about? It wasn't recorded but I bet you it must have been for serbia to give up part or all of their country(I suspect). Austria-hungary and Germany escalated it just for their own selfish political reasons to dominate the world. Sadly* Good morning
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by myspnigeria: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2014
God bless the dead
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Fourwinds: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2014
kudsweet: Pls give us links to that as my android has no Google facility, its glaring the most violent & wicked people in the world are Jews, if you don't know pls look for a film to watch..clown
i will not reduce myself to trade insult with u okay. Those who know what im talking about will see this response and smile. And for those who care to acquire knowledge will go to any length to google it. If ur android those not have google. Well dat is too bad. What is true will always remaind true. I go for facts and do research work
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by emmansy(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2014
I rem studying dis bk in ma year2 den.. After d WWII was d Cold War... A proxy form of warfare then between d 2 world powers.. D western block(US) vs d eastern block(Soviet union)...
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by kudsweet(f): 11:09am On Jul 29, 2014
Fourwinds:
i will not reduce myself to trade insult with u okay. Those who know what im talking about will see this response and smile. And for those who care to acquire knowledge will go to any length to google it. If ur android those not have google. Well dat is too bad. What is true will always remaind true. I go for facts and do research work
Sorry if you are disturbed, but go through this & deduce.

reasons for WW1
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Fourwinds: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2014
kudsweet: Sorry if you are disturbed, but go through this & deduce.

reasons for WW1
thank God u google this out. If u go through d write up, u will see there was Germany-Ottoman alliance. This is exactly what i said dats d ARABS were also involved in d war. It wasnt d Europeans dat died in dat war
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by hermesprogidy(m): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2014
WW1 ended in 1918, not 1919. Ciao
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by kudsweet(f): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2014
Fourwinds:
thank God u google this out. If u go through d write up, u will see there was Germany-Ottoman alliance. This is exactly what i said dats d ARABS were also involved in d war. It wasnt d Europeans dat died in dat war
Mastermind was the German,Russia, France etc so can't you figure it out or must I tell you. I need to attend to my baby, pls find something else doing or move to another thread.
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Missy89(f): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2014
Rioavez: . There was. "Its Political"... Normally no one would expect otterman empire to go on a violent approach against serbia for assassination of duke ferdinard(I biliv you are aware of this) but Austria-hungary gave 8 conditions to serbia with the support of germany which serbia could not keep to all but 7 of them which I biliv you are also aware of. Now Tell me missy89 what was the 8 conditions all about? It wasn't recorded but I bet you it must have been for serbia to give up part or all of their country(I suspect). Austria-hungary and Germany escalated it just for their own selfish political reasons to dominate the world. Sadly* Good morning

Ausrtia Hungary Demands

(1) To suppress any publication which incites to hatred and contempt of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy and the general tendency of which is directed against its territorial integrity;

(2) To dissolve immediately the society styled "Narodna Odbrana," to confiscate all its means of propaganda, and to proceed in the same manner against other societies and their branches in Serbia which engage in propaganda against the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. The Royal Government shall take the necessary measures to prevent the societies dissolved from continuing their activity under another name and form;

(3) To eliminate without delay from public instruction in Serbia, both as regards the teaching body and also as regards the methods of instruction, everything that serves, or might serve, to foment the propaganda against Austria-Hungary;

(4) To remove from the military service, and from the administration in general, all officers and functionaries guilty of propaganda against the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy whose names and deeds the Austro-Hungarian Government reserve to themselves the right of communicating to the Royal Government;

(5) To accept the collaboration in Serbia of representatives of the Austro-Hungarian Government for the suppression of the subversive movement directed against the territorial integrity of the Monarchy;

(6) To take judicial proceedings against accessories to the plot of the 28th of June who are on Serbian territory; delegates of the Austro-Hungarian Government will take part in the investigation relating thereto;

(7) To proceed without delay to the arrest of Major Voija Tankositch and of the individual named Milan Ciganovitch, a Serbian State employee, who have been compromised by the results of the magisterial inquiry at Serajevo;

(8 ) To prevent by effective measures the cooperation of the Serbian authorities in the illicit traffic in arms and explosives across the frontier, to dismiss and punish severely the officials of the frontier service at Shabatz Loznica guilty of having assisted the perpetrators of the Serajevo crime by facilitating their passage across the frontier;

(9) To furnish the Imperial and Royal Government with explanations regarding the unjustifiable utterances of high Serbian officials, both in Serbia and abroad, who, notwithstanding their official position, have not hesitated since the crime of the 28th of June to express themselves in interviews in terms of hostility to the Austro-Hungarian Government; and, finally,

(10) To notify the Imperial and Royal Government without delay of the execution of the measures comprised under the preceding heads.
The Austro-Hungarian Government expect the reply of the Royal Government at the latest by 5 o'clock on Saturday evening the 25th of July.

The Serbian Reply

..[Serbia] cannot be held responsible for manifestations of a private character, such as articles in the press and the peaceable work of societies ... [The Serbian government] have been pained and surprised at the statements, according to which members of the Kingdom of Serbia are supposed to have participated in the preparations of the crime...

[However, Serbia is] prepared to hand over for trial any Serbian subject . .of whose complicity in the crime of Sarajevo proofs are forthcoming [as well as officially condemn all propaganda against A-H].

[Serbia will] introduce ... a provision into the press law providing for the most severe punishment of incitement to hatred and contempt of the [A-H] Monarchy...

The Serbian govt.] possesses no proof ... that the Narodna Odbrana and other similar societies have committed up to the present any criminal act of this nature ... Nevertheless, [Serbia] will ... dissolve the Narodna Obrana and every other society which...

[Serbia will] eliminate without delay from public instruction ... everything that serves or might serve to foment the propaganda against [A-H], whenever [Austria] furnish them with facts and proofs...

[Serbia] also agree to remove from the military service all such persons as the judicial inquiry may have proved to be guilty of acts directed against the integrity of the territory of [A-H], and they expect [Austria] to communicate ... the names and acts of these officers for the purpose of the proceedings which are to be taken against them.

[The Serbian govt. does] not clearly grasp the meaning or the scope of the demand ... that Serbia shall undertake to accept the collaboration of the representatives of [A-H], but they declare that they will admit such collaboration as agrees with the principle of international law, with criminal procedure, and with good neighbourly relations.

...As regards the participation in this inquiry [which Serbia intends to hold] of Austro-Hungarian agents... [Serbia] cannot accept such an arrangement, as it would be a violation of the Constitution...

[States it has not yet been possible to arrest one of the persons named; request proofs of guilt from Austria]

[agrees to reinforce measures against illegal trafficking of arms and explosives across the frontier with Bosnia-Herzegovina]

[offers explanations of anti-Austrian comments by Serb officials if Austria sends examples of their actually having been made]

[Serbia will duly notify the measures taken, but if Austria is not satisfied with the reply] the Serbian government . . are ready . . to accept a pacific understanding, either by referring this question to the decision of the International Tribunal of the Hague [i.e., the World Court], or to the Great Powers...

The bolded is what Serbia said they didn't have the power to do
the demands was a bait and Austria Hungary knew some of them were impossible and against the constitution of Serbia so all of them wouldn't be implemented
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Political then cos the options were mostly just excuses they knew sebia wouldn't fulfil all. Missy89 we on same furking boat.... Wikipedia did say the options were just 8 or mayb I dont remember priti well. Thanks a lot for a knowledge shared.
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Fourwinds: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
kudsweet: Mastermind was the German,Russia, France etc so can't you figure it out or must I tell you. I need to attend to my baby, pls find something else doing or move to another thread.
and so d Arabs got themselves involved. European war. Like what our shiat muslims in Kaduna were trying to get us involve in d middle east crises
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by SpencerLewis(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Wisdomkosi: I say to you today be ready the world is coming to an end
Is only ITIs like u but ironically calledthat can make such senseless/bigotic statement like this. Keep deluding ur gullible mind apart the world coming to an end. Very soon u'll tell us that the red planet called Mars or the planet Venus(also known as Lucifer in the ancient time) will come to an end. Religious bigot!
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
SpencerLewis:
Is only ITIs like u but ironically calledthat can make such senseless/bigotic statement like this. Keep deluding ur gullible mind apart the world coming to an end. Very soon u'll tell us that the red planet called Mars or the planet Venus(also known as Lucifer in the ancient time) will come to an end. Religious bigot!
your mind is blind, you won't understand bro. So chill
Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by SpencerLewis(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nobleval: And the world hasn't been safecry we've had many wars since then. And more is coming. Man by nature is a brute.
U are right. As as the USA will keep pretending to the UN police man of the world without regards to fair play in the middle east peace process, there will be war. According to Nostradamus (the French Physician, Astrologer and Mystic) who saw his 2row, WW3 will be triggered by an Arabian prince and that Russian nuclear weapons and Islamic man power will wage war against the west. That the new city (New York) will be the main target and that on that day nothing will stop it from been destroyed. After that war there will be a universal peace lasting a thousand yrs with Russian domination.

1 Like

Re: Today Is 100 Years After the Start of WW1. by SpencerLewis(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Wisdomkosi: your mind is blind, you won't understand bro. So chill
Wisdom my brother man id I hear u say chill? U must joking, abi. Truth they say is bitter. Don't tell me that u've not heard of world without end. Something that has no beginning will definitely have no end. Again, something we are not sure f its beginning, definitely we can't be sure of its end.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist / Hillary Clinton Farts On Live Tv / Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.