Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,138 members, 7,953,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:42 PM

Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport (10061 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / 2008/09 Lexus RX330 Vs RX350 Which Is Better And WHY / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
b1327:
the rx330 which toyota brand does it use thesame part wit and in term of offroad which is the best out of the rx330 and the acura mdx pls with reasons also about the rx transmission can you tell me about it 2004 to 08 pls

The RX330 is based on the highlander Toyota, and the toyota Highlander is based on toyota camry. Most parts of the lexus RX330 is interchangeable with that of the Toyota Highlander.(Engine, gearbox, front and rear struts (but some RX330 use air suspension system), fuel system, emission system etc. Toyota/lexus never advertised the RX330 as an offroad vehicle. Infact its very dangerous trying to go offroad with it because of its excessive electrical systems, sensors even down to its tyres. It also don't have underbody skid plate, its suspension isn't even tuned for offroad its strictly an on road vehicle and its AWD system offers superb handling in snow. Although, you can take it to bad roads, and dirt.

The RX330 use a 3.3l V6 from 2004-2006, while the RX350 starts from 2007-date. Note, the RX400h is also hybrid based on either RX330 or RX350.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
Anyone that has the wherewithal to buy a Land Rover product will not be comparing it to a Lexus, especially to compare a mid range Toyota based product to the top of the line Land Rover product.

Land Rover has been making SUVs since the 40's before they became fashionable.

OP will buy a Lexus for sure (if he hasn't bought it yet) but for others that are curious please seek test drive in a Range Rover even if you end up buying something more affordable. You will appreciate what you're giving up.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 26, 2014
lomomike:

The RX330 is based on the highlander Toyota, and the toyota Highlander is based on toyota camry. Most parts of the lexus RX330 is interchangeable with that of the Toyota Highlander.(Engine, gearbox, front and rear struts (but some RX330 use air suspension system), fuel system, emission system etc. Toyota/lexus never advertised the RX330 as an offroad vehicle. Infact its very dangerous trying to go offroad with it because of its excessive electrical systems, sensors even down to its tyres. It also don't have underbody skid plate, its suspension isn't even tuned for offroad its strictly an on road vehicle and its AWD system offers superb handling in snow. Although, you can take it to bad roads, and dirt.

The RX330 use a 3.3l V6 from 2004-2006, while the RX350 starts from 2007-date. Note, the RX400h is also hybrid based on either RX330 or RX350.
thanks bro. off road I mean u know most of our road is bad but don't tell me it can go offroad atall or do you mean it can go tough ones
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 26, 2014
b1327:
thanks bro. off road I mean u know most of our road is bad but don't tell me it can go offroad atall or do you mean it can go tough ones
It can go thru bad road.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by chucky234(m): 10:36am On Oct 26, 2014
lomomike:

It can go thru bad road.
Hehehe no comment sha.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2014
chucky234:
Hehehe no comment sha.

Sarcasm? Come post your comment instead of that bro.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by chucky234(m): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2014
lomomike:

Sarcasm? Come post your comment instead of that bro.
I be your fan today bro.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
chucky234:
I be your fan today bro.

We are good bro. smiley
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomomike:

It can go thru bad road.
thank bruh. Don't get angry wit me bruh pls pls. not dat am gonna be using it for offroad stuff u knw during rainy season we got alota slippery watery mud road along where I reside,dats y am askin
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by ogawisdom(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mid size suv vs Full Luxury suv nawa oooo
D range rover is d winner

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by chucky234(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomomike:

We are good bro. smiley
Nothing do you my honourable, happy Sunday.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
b1327:
thank bruh. Don't get angry wit me bruh pls pls. not dat am gonna be using it for offroad stuff u knw during rainy season we got alota slippery watery mud road along where I reside,dats y am askin

It is perfectly suitable for slippery, watery, snowy, muddy and imperfect roads if you buy the AWD variant, but ensure your ABS and VSC are functional.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
I would make my choice here based upon different factors, in a Nigerian setting.

Maintenance.
Initial purchase cost.
Resale.
Reliability.

Given the above factors, I would pick the Lexus RX330 over the Range Rover Sport. It's a better all-rounder. Even in Britain, the Range Rover's fatherland, reliability is NOT one of it's strong points. They are fragile and running costs are considerably higher than that of the Lexus RX330.

Someone here mentioned off-road ability as a strong point with the Range Rover Sport. That is NOT true. Like the Lexus RX, it is more soft-roader than off-roader. Both these SUV's are more at home on tarmac. For serious off-roading, I would not choose either. I would be looking at an older Toyota Land Cruiser, or a Land Rover Defender 90.

The current crop of Range Rovers have poor reliability records, of course rich folk worldwide still buy them, they can afford to ditch them after 3 years and move on. Land Rover (the RRS's parent company) has a rich heritage too, which makes them popular.

My pick, if I was buying brand new, or 5-year-old SUV's?

Lexus RX330 with the highest spec that suits my needs best at the time of purchase.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
ogawisdom:
Mid size suv vs Full Luxury suv nawa oooo
D range rover is d winner

The Range Rover Sport is NOT a full-size SUV.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomomike:

It is perfectly suitable for slippery, watery, snowy, muddy and imperfect roads if you buy the AWD variant, but ensure your ABS and VSC are functional.
but I think d abs and vsc would be control wit botton on d dash
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
b1327:
but I think d abs and vsc would be control wit botton on d dash

No ABS or VSC buttons. If there is a malfunction in your ABS or VSC system, the VSC or ABS light will show up on your dashboard. If your emission control system or anything triggers the Check Engine Light to show, the VSC will be disabled and the light will show.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomomike:

No ABS or VSC buttons. If there is a malfunction in your ABS or VSC system, the VSC or ABS light will show up on your dashboard. If your emission control system or anything triggers the Check Engine Light to show, the VSC will be disabled and the light will show.
thanks. Bruh for ur help nd info I we hook u up some other time if I have sometin to ask again. But if their is other thing u think I need to knw u can still tell me.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 27, 2014
b1327:
thanks. Bruh for ur help nd info I we hook u up some other time if I have sometin to ask again. But if their is other thing u think I need to knw u can still tell me.

If you need more clarification, feel free to ask.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

If you need more clarification, feel free to ask.
ok dis questn is much on d internet(how to diff fwd from awd cos lexus use notin to indicate 1 is fwd d other awd)
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by tkovie2002(m): 5:24am On Oct 27, 2014
sooperrescue:
Lokomike don make una forget Range Rover Sport. Who said that it is expensive to maintain? If you are spending more than 60k to service your Range Rover Sport in a year, change your Mechanic. What else is required to maintain a range? Making sure that the battery is in good condition is the only thing a proud owner should worry about and then the bulbs and brake light switch. All these are basic maintenance for a whole year. If your bushings and ball joints fail, they are 7k a piece. So I dont know where the high maintenance cost come from. Many owners are too busy enjoying the Range that they dont bother to read the manual of the Range. There was a guy that had a beautiful chamson red Range Rover Sport. It had auxilary issues and as such made the Range ineffective in its duties.He took it to some expert who charged him N200k to fix the fault. He got in touch with me and I drove down to Ikoyi to see the Range. I saw a lot of lights on the dashboard and just pressed the high range button, switched off the ignition and started the Range again et voila, all the faults went away, no scanning, just a touch of the button. The suspension rose up and the pump started working. Another day, I saw another Range crawling on its bumps and the guy was managing it to Lekki from Ikeja. He did not know how to raise the ride from access to normal. I stopped them and helped them press the button and the range rose up. Nothing is expensive to repair in the Range Rover Sport or Vogue except through ignorance, we allow the Ride to falter and then we pay much to bring it back to life.

You are one person who unknowingly gives me confidence to buy a range rover sport. Nice comment.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 27, 2014
b1327:
ok dis questn is much on d internet(how to diff fwd from awd cos lexus use notin to indicate 1 is fwd d other awd)

One way to know is when you go under the car and you see a long straight round metal connected from the gearbox straight to the back differentials to meet the wheels.

NB: this picture displayed is not exactly RX330, its infact a jaguar xf and xj AWD system. However, it looks similar to that of lexus. Note the red coloured metal connecting the gear box from the front to the rear wheel.

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

One way to know is when you go under the car and you see a long straight round metal connected from the gearbox straight to the back differentials to meet the wheels.

NB: this picture displayed is not exactly RX330, its infact a jaguar xf and xj AWD system. However, it looks similar to that of lexus. Note the red coloured metal connecting the gear box from the front to the rear wheel.
thanks bro
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 27, 2014
b1327:
Another way to know if its a FWD or AWD is when you start the car a Slip indicator (diagram of a car with wavy lines under it) shows briefly and disappears in the instrument cluster gauge between the gear position indicator and the coolant temperature gauge.
To further confirm, disengage the footbrake, put the gear in D keep your steering firm and straight, and suddenly floor the accelerator pedal with full force. If its FWD you will get some traction loss and lots of wheel spin. If its AWD, you won't get any wheel spin. It will shoot the car forward without any drama to the wheel because It has full traction control.

Don't try it on a slippery, loose surface, places where an obstruction, busy environment or where pedestrians are to prevent loss of control and a crash.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by FlyboyZee: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2014
expert101:
I will go for a Lexus! Pocket friendly maintenance, compact, luxury, stylish and good resale value.

Range Rover will bore a hole in your pocket. You will shout when you go for maintenance with the bill they will hammer you. Nigerians like show-off too much except you will steal money to maintain the jeep. #Poor resale value
Stop yapping. Range Rover is not meant for your likes. Don't blame Nigerians for all your wrong decisions. You earn like an ant, but want to live like an elephant, Why won't you crash. Free people to make their choices jare.

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 27, 2014
FlyboyZee:

Stop yapping. Range Rover is not meant for your likes. Don't blame Nigerians for all your wrong decisions. You earn like an ant, but want to live like an elephant, Why won't you crash. Free people to make their choices jare.

Bro, that's not nice, you just concluded on the guy like that when you don't know him. Not nice at all.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by FlyboyZee: 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

Bro, that's not nice, you just concluded on the guy like that when you don't know him. Not nice at all.
Well! My bad. I am sorry if my post up there is offensive. I tender my unreserved apologies please. What irked me so much was this line:

expert101: ...Nigerians like show-off too much except you will steal money to maintain the jeep...

They keep saying that as if its Nigerians that buy the brand new cars. Most of the exotic cars on our roads being driven by the up and mobile are used cars bought cheaply from abroad, mostly the US and some parts of Europe, yet some folks would be going on as if we Nigerians buy expensive cars too much. The cars that are the crux of this thread are both used cars. Who used the cars when they first rolled off the factory in 2005, was it Nigerians? We are here discussing about used (probably abandoned, as in salvage) car and someone is here saying we like to show off and like big things. My brother, its absolutely annoying. Folks like him wants everybody to use the pencil light Toyota Camry (1997-1999) or they see you as one who is showing off.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
Anyone looking at a Toyota vehicle shouldn't be looking at a Land Rover product.

Just like no one looking at a house in ketu shouldn't be looking at a house in banana island.

It's not that either of them are bad it's just that they are on extreme ends.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
CityNG:
Anyone looking at a Toyota vehicle shouldn't be looking at a Land Rover product.

Just like no one looking at a house in ketu should be looking at a house in banana island.

It's not that either of them are bad it's just that they are on extreme ends.

Bro, its lexus we talking not toyota. Even toyota when properly optioned is termed a mid class car. Besides, its better off than a trouble prone car.

Lexus is a luxury car too, and RX competes with a freelander and the freelander don't even come any where close to an RX in class, style and build quality.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
FlyboyZee:

Well! My bad. I am sorry if my post up there is offensive. I tender my unreserved apologies please. What irked me so much was this line:

They keep saying that as if its Nigerians that buy the brand new cars. Most of the exotic cars on our roads being driven by the up and mobile are used cars bought cheaply from abroad, mostly the US and some parts of Europe, yet some folks would be going on as if we Nigerians buy expensive cars too much. The cars that are the crux of this thread are both used cars. Who used the cars when they first rolled off the factory in 2005, was it Nigerians? We are here discussing about used (probably abandoned, as in salvage) car and someone is here saying we like to show off and like big things. My brother, its absolutely annoying. Folks like him wants everybody to use the pencil light Toyota Camry (1997-1999) or they see you as one who is showing off.

Don't mind him, if he see folks using new cars and term them thieves, it only indicates the following:
1. He's an anti progress
2. A thief knows his partners/competitors in crime. (Na adage I speak I no accuse anyone o)
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

Bro, its lexus we talking not toyota. Even toyota when properly optioned is termed a mid class car. Besides, its better off than a trouble prone car.

Lexus is a luxury car too, and RX competes with a freelander and the freelander don't even come any where close to an RX in class, style and build quality.

I call them what they are, Toyotas.

A sheep in wolves clothing is still a sheep.

I don't consider Freelanders to be in the same league as RX.

Our measuring sticks are obviously different which is cool.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
CityNG:

I call them what they are, Toyotas.

A sheep in wolves clothing is still a sheep.

I don't consider Freelanders to be in the same league as RX.

Our measuring sticks are obviously different which is cool.

You consider a freelander above or beneath an RX?

By the way, I'm liking your online personality (no homo). I learn a lot from you.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by FlyboyZee: 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

You consider a freelander above or beneath an RX?
By the way, I'm liking your online personality (no homo). I learn a lot from you.

lomomike:

...Lexus is a luxury car too, and RX competes with a freelander and the freelander don't even come any where close to an RX in class, style and build quality.

CityNG:

...I don't consider Freelanders to be in the same league as RX...

The Land Rover Freelander is not in the same league as the Lexus RX. You don't even mention them in the same statement.

The Freelander competes in the same class as the Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, Mazda CX5, Nissan Qashqai & Peugeot 3008. Mind you also that, the Lexus RX is the same as the Toyota Harrier, which also slots above the RAV4.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A Car Not To Smoke At All? / How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works / Advise On Purchase Of Landrover Defender 110

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.