Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport (10065 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / 2008/09 Lexus RX330 Vs RX350 Which Is Better And WHY / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

You consider a freelander above or beneath an RX?

By the way, I'm liking your online personality (no homo). I learn a lot from you.

That comparison is going to be a toughie for me.

As far as I an concerned the only current Land Rover products of any worth are the LR (whatever series that they are on now) and Range Rover(whatever fancy denomination they are currently using). I am an old time Land Rover afficianado, I gudgingly stepped up arguable from my 110 into a Discovery.

In all honesty the RX is a dedicated and finely crafted response to German intrusions. Brand new to brand new it is far better overall than a Freelander.

The Infiniti, Lexus, Acura brands are a no nonsense take no prisoner response to German offerings. You will ahve to try very hard to shake them down in comparisons.

When I look at vehicle purchases it comes down to three major items:

Value: Am I getting the most value for my money (I bought a VW Jetta for me Wife instead of an Audi A4, but I know that the Audi is superior but the VW gives me a better value).

Refinements: Am I going to save running costs but paying more at a Chiropractor? Will one come with the latest gadgets or will I be staring at blanking plates on my dash?

Mechanicals: Does the vehicle have what I need? Turbo? AWD? Sunroof? Leather seat? etc

We've reached a place in manufacturing development that every single car is a good car in the world. Even a Kia can be ordered to the walls with leather and GPS. I saw a Hyundai thing on the road the other day that looked like a Lexus LS450, it was that good of a copy.

You've whipped me into shape, at least on Car Talk, so I'm more calmer now grin
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
CityNG:

As far as I an concerned the only current Land Rover products of any worth are the LR (whatever series that they are on now) and Range Rover(whatever fancy denomination they are currently using). I am an old time Land Rover afficianado, I gudgingly stepped up arguable from my 110 into a Discovery.

In all honesty the RX is a dedicated and finely crafted response to German intrusions. Brand new to brand new it is far better overall than a Freelander.

The Infiniti, Lexus, Acura brands are a no nonsense take no prisoner response to German offerings. You will ahve to try very hard to shake them down in comparisons.

Value: Am I getting the most value for my money (I bought a VW Jetta for me Wife instead of an Audi A4, but I know that the Audi is superior but the VW gives me a better value).

Refinements: Am I going to save running costs but paying more at a Chiropractor? Will one come with the latest gadgets or will I be staring at blanking plates on my dash?

Mechanicals: Does the vehicle have what I need? Turbo? AWD? Sunroof? Leather seat? etc

We've reached a place in manufacturing development that every single car is a good car in the world. Even a Kia can be ordered to the walls with leather and GPS. I saw a Hyundai thing on the road the other day that looked like a Lexus LS450, it was that good of a copy.

smiley I respect you and your knowledge bro!

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by FlyboyZee: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
CityNG:

The Lexus RX slots in above the Land Rover Freelander. You should be comparing the Freelander with the Toyota Rav4 and not the Lexus RX.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
FlyboyZee:

The Lexus RX slots in above the Land Rover Freelander. You should be comparing the Freelander with the Toyota Rav4 and not the Lexus RX.

I wasn't comparing it per see and I just answered the question asked.

I wouldn't consider a Freelander in any case as I feel that it was something that Land Rover created out of a panic to respond to certain market segment and isn't at the typical LR product level.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by FlyboyZee: 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
CityNG:

I wasn't comparing it per see and I just answered the question asked.

I wouldn't consider a Freelander in any case as I feel that it was something that Land Rover created out of a panic to respond to certain market segment and isn't at the typical LR product level.
You are right on point, that Freelander was a terrible mistake from Land Rover.

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by 06Buzz09: 8:34am On Dec 28, 2017
Funny enough the Lexus rxx330 guzzles more fuel mpg than the RRS @ 14 vs 18 mpg within city and 19 vs 24 mpg on highway.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by DerideGull(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2017
06Buzz09:
Funny enough the Lexus rxx330 guzzles more fuel mpg than the RRS @ 14 vs 18 mpg within city and 19 vs 24 mpg on highway.

You must have engine or system issues for the above to happen.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by DerideGull(m): 9:52am On Dec 28, 2017

One way to know is when you go under the car and you see a long straight round metal connected from the gearbox straight to the back differentials to meet the wheels.

NB: this picture displayed is not exactly RX330, its infact a jaguar xf and xj AWD system. However, it looks similar to that of lexus. Note the red coloured metal connecting the gear box from the front to the rear wheel.

This description equally tells of a RWD vehicles too.
Re: Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport by DerideGull(m): 10:12am On Dec 28, 2017
It depends what the consumer wants out of a vehicle. It could be dependability, comfort, durability, Luxury, desirability and size. Those know little or much about vehicles will go further into the engine format, construction type, performance and suspension system.
Although RX trumps RRS on 5 of the 6 above listed consumer ratings, it is not proper to compare 06 RX330 and 06 RRS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A Car Not To Smoke At All? / How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works / Advise On Purchase Of Landrover Defender 110

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.