Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork (897 Views)

My thoughts / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
Seriously. It's the most successful way I've found to make money online. Yes, it has a lot of drawbacks (which I'll mention in a minute), but holy s*** do the rewards ever make up for them! I only seriously started attempting to make money with Kindle 2 months ago. I wrote, prepped, and released a book a week, until I figured out a better outsourcing system. I now have 20 books up and am averaging a new book every 2 to 3 days. My latest book was just released last week and, well, since then it's sold 500+ copies. I know, I still can't believe it when I look at the reports, but it's not going away. At even $2/book profit, that's not too shabby.

Okay, this isn't to say that this is easy or there aren't cons. There are. Lots of them. Which is why, I imagine, there's not a lot of Kindle talk around this forum.

Con #1: It's a LOT of work. Even if you're outsourcing. I started by doing it all myself: research, writing, formatting, cover design, uploading, marketing. Everything. It's a huge time investment, and I suspect this is the step that scares most people off.

Con #2: It's NOT instantaneous. We're always looking for quick money in the IM world. Kindle is not that. It takes time and effort to build up an audience, to learn how to outsource correctly, to streamline the process for efficiency. It's worth it, but it does take a great deal of time.

Con #3: Kindle is not PLR friendly, is not article spinning friendly, is not black hat friendly, etc, etc. This probably also scares a lot of people off. Mess with Kindle, and it will blacklist you. But even playing by the rules has gotten me so much more.

Okay, it's not all doom and gloom. Let's see some pros.

Pro #1: Once you've uploaded a book, it's (nearly) set, forget, and earn. My very first book took me a long time to research, write, format, etc. It was a pain. But you know what? Since I uploaded it 2 months ago, I have done zero marketing, zero promotion, and have spent zero effort on it. Guess what: it's still averaging about 10 sales per day. That's with zero work on my part. IMO, that's well worth the initial effort. A few days pain for recurring money daily - I'll take that any day.

Pro #2: Tied in with Pro #1 is the fact that, if you sign up for KDP Select, you hardly have to do any marketing (unless you want, of course). I have a series of books in a non-fiction, educational sort of niche. I have done zero marketing on them. No blogs, no twitter, no fb, nada. All 4 books are in the Top 10 in their Kindle category. If you create a quality book, Amazon will market it for you. It will start showing up in people's feeds, in "people who bought X, also bought Y", and all that type of stuff. It's beautiful. Set and forget.

Pro #3: Once you get a system down, you can easily produce a book a day. Even if you only make one sale a day, that's $2. You have 10 books? That's $20 a day. You have 50 book? Hello, $100 per day. The possibilities are endless. Literally.

Okay, okay, enough of the rant. Just wanted to share what (I think) is an under-looked market on this forum. Yes, it's not black hat. Yes, it's not quick and easy money. But it's sustainable and, if done right, really profitable.

My tips:

- Do your research (I'll post more on this later, if wanted)
- Produce (or outsource) quality content.
- Enroll in KDP. (http://kdp.amazon.com)
- Set a goal of 1 book per month, per week, or per day even (if the quality doesn't suffer).
- Use the same pen name for similar books, to build up an audience and make each book easier to find.
- Put links to your books at the end of all of your other books, to make them easier to find.
- Sit back and enjoy.

Any questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them. I've only been doing it 2 months, but I've been doing it nearly 24/7 and have learned a lot.

I am currently working on a 20 Lesson ebooks that will start you up in this Kindle book business.

It will be ready soon. But in the meantime, enjoy the tips

1 Like

Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ok guys, here is a quick way to make money from Job sites

This method is very simple and perfect for beginners and would be a great first project.

1. Create a job vacancies website. (The best and easiest theme for this is the Jobroller theme)

2. Create an Adsense account and indeed publisher account.

3.Add job vacancies to the site, simply copy and paste them from classifieds or other job sites.
(I personally adjusted the code on the Jobroller theme so that it automatically showed jobs from indeed so I didn't have to keep adding job vacancies)

4.Place Adsense and indeed jobs using your publisher code on to your site.

5.Create a facebook account and join every job related group you can find and start posting jobs from your site into the groups.

That's it. Simple.

This will provide a steady income and your website will never banned as it's relevant to the groups your posting in.
Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hi everyone. It is really wasting so much time. The modules / lessons are complete.

A 20 lesson / modules, you will be able T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ start making a living off whatever book you write.

If you are interested, please let me know. It cost only N7,000 for the module. Later today, I will upload lesson/module 1 free of charge so you see the content.

Do have a nice day.
Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2014
Good morning everyone. What a rainy day. Do have a wonderful today.
Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Djtm(m): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2014
Hahaha Nigerians don't wanna write books. Give them a site where they'll get to post referal links about and watch them flood this thread.
Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
Djtm: Hahaha Nigerians don't wanna write books. Give them a site where they'll get to post referal links about and watch them flood this thread.

Hahahaha. You might be right but I A̶̲̥̅♏ posting T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ those who want that.
Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Coolval22com: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
op how did you set up your tax information & country. finding that part difficult
Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 07, 2014
I had no issue with that. I hope ŪЯ̲̅ not trying to change ŪЯ̲̅ country or IP address.

Just do your normal registration.
Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hi everyone.

I have started this training Live.

You can visit https://www.nairaland.com/1856550/starting-amazon-business-now-paypal to be a part of it.

In addition, you could check this out;

https://www.nairaland.com/1865051/sms-marketing-processing-app

Enjoy.
Re: Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2014
The tutorial is still on.

Over 1000 people are being a part of it here on Nairaland.

Join now. https://www.nairaland.com/1856550/
starting-amazon-business-now-paypal

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense Account For Sale....i Wana Buy / 5 Unique Ways Through Which You Can Make Money In Blogging / Who Can Solve This Problem Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.