Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

The Next Voice You Hear... - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Next Voice You Hear... (8889 Views)

30 DAYS OF POETRY,DAY2 "If You Hear Say I Dey Prison" Pics Inside / Can You Hear My Heart? / Do Human Beigns Have An Expiry Date? Hear God's Answer: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by zyzxx(m): 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
welldone bro, very intresting
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Royver(m): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
thanks @all. I needed a break from my other stories and decided to showcase this one. The original story is from an old English gentleman. I hope you enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:48am On Aug 01, 2014
Royver: thanks @all. I needed a break from my other stories and decided to showcase this one. The original story is from an old English gentleman. I hope you enjoyed it.

Yes we did!!! Oya come and end the world abeg lol
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 01, 2014
How silent do u think ur silence was
Joyicy: following silently.....
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by write2obi(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ermmm Roy? give us chukwudi part3 abeg

2 Likes

Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by estellar12(f): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
:-D love this story

1 Like

Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Joyicy(f): 7:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Unibenstudent: How silent do u think ur silence was
hmm, silently silent
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
U r not silent one bit,, but how silently noisy would u be?
Joyicy: hmm, silently silent
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Joyicy(f): 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
grin
Unibenstudent: U r not silent one bit,, but how silently noisy would u be?
grin
Unibenstudent: U r not silent one bit,, but how silently noisy would u be?
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Royver(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
write2obi: Ermmm Roy? give us chukwudi part3 abeg
Hmmmn.
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by write2obi(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Royver:
Hmmmn.
Roy you know na wink as E dey hot cheesy
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Ormorlehwah(f): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hmmmmmm.......... Jst like dat? A scary bt interesting story. Kudos!!!.
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by tobex23(m): 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Touching! embarassed
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Mhizdimplez(f): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
nice story.... smiley
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by aboyaji(m): 6:48am On Sep 27, 2014
Royver: thanks @all. I needed a break from my other stories and decided to showcase this one. The original story is from an old English gentleman. I hope you enjoyed it.
how does one get this Old English Gentleman book? I love the story very much
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by haymoney01(m): 9:53am On Dec 31, 2014
Royver, do u knw this story is been posted on a page on fb. Anyways. I actually thought it was adapted 4rm a novel but when i saw the author as royver. I justp remembered there is 1 royver on nl and he is a literaturelander. I just decided and behold. I saw the story. U gats talent bro
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Royver(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
aboyaji:
how does one get this Old English Gentleman book? I love the story very much
i don't know if its still in bookstores, but browse 'the voice on the radio'
compliments of the season by the way.
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Royver(m): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
haymoney01:
Royver, do u knw this story is been posted on a page on fb. Anyways. I actually thought it was adapted 4rm a novel but when i saw the author as royver. I justp remembered there is 1 royver on nl and he is a literaturelander. I just decided and behold. I saw the story. U gats talent bro
thanks man. this story is actually an adaptation from an old novel i read a long time ago. i'm glad you liked it.
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by ttime(m): 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
Lovd it. Awesom piece...
Welcm @all 2 2015...

Mre Oxygen 2 ur Medulla...
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Emzypaz(m): 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
Its the end of the year and we have decided to have an award for one Literature-lander who has done a lot this year. That person whose stories have influenced you, that person whose comments have made a positive change.
VOTE FOR THE LITERATURE SECTION PERSON OF THE YEAR; https://www.nairaland.com/2067377/literature-section-person-year-award#29364922.
Voting ends 10pm tonight and results would be announced by 11:59pm.
If Royver has kept you entertained in the year ending 2014, you can vote for him. Royver, is there any literature-lander whose stories or comments gladden your heart, vote for him or her.
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by sudonym(m): 5:07am On Jan 25, 2015
Royver:
thanks @all. I needed a break from my other stories and decided to showcase this one. The original story is from an old English gentleman. I hope you enjoyed it.

The Day The Earth Stood Still-John Wyndham?
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by ministerblessed: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2015
As beautiful as only Royver can be

1 Like

Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by hottadiva(f): 12:27am On Feb 20, 2016
oh my frigging goodness!!!! this story hadd me beaming all through. beautiful is an understatement. Please which book was dat?
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Bobbybube(m): 1:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
Chai! What a story.
I'm simply short of words.
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Yeboah10(m): 5:00am On Jul 04, 2021
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by BrainEya(m): 11:43am On Aug 31, 2021
Royver:
At exactly 9.38pm on the first Monday in August the strange, majestic voice was first heard over the air. Just why that day and hour were chosen nobody can say. As was expected, the immediate reaction was disbelief. People simply could not believe their own ears.

Chinedu Ofili of Onitsha, Anambra State, was sitting in his parlour playing with his son Mathew’s playstation and listening to the latest music release from Cool Fm on the radio. Suddenly the music faded out and the voice, deep, gentle, benevolent but firm, said:

This is God. I’m sorry I must interrupt you. A plan of Creation ought by rights to go forward under its own rules, but you, dear children of the Sun’s third planet, are so near to destroying yourselves that I must step in. I shall spend this week with you.

Chinedu stood for a moment, his mouth hanging open in shock.

“This yeye boy wants to do me April fool in August!” He thought,

He marched angrily to his son’s room. Matthew was sitting at his table, agonizing over algebra assignments.

“What did you do to the radio?” demanded his father.

“Me? Nothing o! Is it spoilt?”

Chinedu was deeply puzzled. He went out to see his neighbor Mr. Eze and knocked on the door. Mr Eze opened.

“Sorry bros,” Chinedu said, “Were you listening to Cool FM just now?”

“No,” Mr Eze replied. “I was watching DBS.”

“Then you wouldn’t have heard it then.” Chinedu muttered and turned to leave.

“Wait o, did you hear the voice too?” asked Mr Eze in astonishment. “My screen went blank and a voice just started talking about staying with us for a week! Ha, the thing fear me oh, my brother!”

Onitsha was not the only town that felt wonderment. By morning the news reports from all over Nigeria, then Africa, Europe, Asia, South America and Australia were in, and it was public knowledge that the broadcast had been worldwide and multilingual. Yorubas heard it in Yoruba, Japan in Japanese and South African tribesmen in Shi Ronga dialect. It had been heard in every radio, television, personal computer, laptop and phone.

“What do you think of it?” One man would ask another. Never were the humble words “I don’t know” spoken more often than that first Tuesday in August. A Guardian newspaper editorial writer risked a guess: probably a practical joker in the cable headquarters had hooked all the trans-continental circuits and satellites together for a few seconds.

The Sun went down. By eight the ammeters in the power stations were registering increased loads as listeners switched on. Television screens became mini-oracles for families to gather round and people who didn’t have power or generators willingly paid huge sums to have their phones fully charged and functional. Nor were they disappointed. Exactly at 9.38pm, the serene, friendly voice spoke again:

to be continued...

Boss man.
I'll like to share your story to FB group.
Your reply sir.
Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Royver(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
BrainEya:

Boss man.
I'll like to share your story to FB group.
Your reply sir.
Pls go ahead but credit the original writer.

2 Likes

Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by PraisesPblaze(m): 12:39am On Mar 12, 2022
Hello Sir Royver..
I'll be traveling for Nysc next week. I've read this your story since last year while under treatment from a fractured leg in an accident and i can't find a better time than now to share this story with my kids in church as I'll be missing them soon.

Permission to share with my kids in church? It's a very inspiring story. That will be my sermon for my last Sunday with them before traveling.

To be discreet.
I'm an Anglican Children Ministry teacher.

If you find this message later than 13th of March,2022, kindly know I've shared your story with them. grin

1 Like

Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by Royver(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
PraisesPblaze:
Hello Sir Royver..
I'll be traveling for Nysc next week. I've read this your story since last year while under treatment from a fractured leg in an accident and i can't find a better time than now to share this story with my kids in church as I'll be missing them soon.

Permission to share with my kids in church? It's a very inspiring story. That will be my sermon for my last Sunday with them before traveling.

To be discreet.
I'm an Anglican Children Ministry teacher.

If you find this message later than 13th of March,2022, kindly know I've shared your story with them. grin

Lol, go ahead and share grin

1 Like

Re: The Next Voice You Hear... by SilasIBB: 8:55am On Jun 24, 2023
Royver

Are you Human? 🙄🙆

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award / Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / TÉLLÀ ( A Paranormal Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.