Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Seven Reasons Why Ogbeni Will Win August 9 Polls In Osun. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Reasons Why Ogbeni Will Win August 9 Polls In Osun. (1755 Views)

Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others / Navy And Soldiers Disrupt Polls In Ikorodu, Mile 12, Others / PDP Winning Polls In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Seven Reasons Why Ogbeni Will Win August 9 Polls In Osun. by Tolexander: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
PaulJohn1:

Okay. I noticed your absence too.
Thanks for the link, I checked it and it confirms my assertion of Oshogbo being the most populatous town. Osogbo and Olorunda local governmnt areas are both in Osogbo, which are the first and third LGAs with the highest numbers of voters respectively, with a combined voters of over 180k.

Going by the stat in that link, Ife is second in population then.
Lastly, Ilesha has four LGAs and not two that you said. The whole of Ijesha has six LGAs.

Have a good day.
ha paul! Didn't know U are. Due t̲̅o̶̲̥̅̊ the modified handle anyway.

Ilesha town has JU̶̲̥̅̊$t 2 local goverments. Ilesha east and west. the remaining ijesha zone local governments are atakunmosa east and west, obokun and oriade.
Re: Seven Reasons Why Ogbeni Will Win August 9 Polls In Osun. by Tolexander: 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Konmight: I think Tolexander was refering to landmass(from the map of Osun) when he said the two local govt in Ilesha are slightly bigger than Ife Central alone.

He's right, we all have the map of Osun State and from the map it's glaring Ilesha West and East are not too big.

But when you consider the Six Local Governments in Ijeshaland and the Four in Ifeland, you'll realize they(Ife and Ijesha) are almost the same size and most of the landmass are forest(very fertile land) that's begging for cultivation. I buy the idea of Aregbesola clearing forests for farmland and giving out to farmers(they may be APC members though).

Regarding the most populous between Ifeland and Ijeshaland, there's no way that could be ascertained not until credible population is conducted.

My parents were one of the Ijeshas that moved to Ife in 60s/70s due to economic edge Ile-Ife had over Ilesha then(OAU as a factor). Ijeshas like trading a lot, the market was moving in Ife then and people relocated to trade(Oshomaalo). There are more Ijeshas in Ife than Ifes in Ijeshaland.

@Topic........They are both controversial. I would have prefered another candidate but unfortunately they are the best out of the contenders so we either vote for AregbeRascal or vote OmiRascal. As for me, I'm confused and don't know whom to vote out of the two crooks.

I don't know the actual population of Osun State yet I believe not less than 55% of Osun residents are Muslims.

Religion is going to be a factor in the election.

I think OmiRascal shouldn't have used the line "I would return public schools to the missionaries if elected".

What would be the fate of the muslims when the public primary and secondary schools are given back to the original owners?

What's the assurance that the right to free education of muslim pupils would not be trampled upon by the churches?

The churches would renovate the schools to good taste no doubt but what about the muslims?

If they are stopped or discouraged from attending public schools, we shall have another BH/Almajiri problem in Osun and SW in another 15 to 20years.

I think Omisore shouldn't have used that line.

It's going to be an interesting election and I wish whoever emerges the best of luck.

I'm from Ilesha though born and raised in Ile-Ife. I'm a Christian(yet truth must be told).

Cheers.
i was refering t̲̅o̶̲̥̅̊ population of voters by local government.

I'm sorry i cant make long posts bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Watching AIT? They Have Decided To... / Salute To Our Troops / Re: Gov Amosun And His Estranged Deputy: Ogun Deputy Governor Fires Gov Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.