Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (27051 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by NaLaugh: 12:06am On Jul 30, 2014
50calibre: Well, given his financial status, a British passport won't make much difference to his life.

He's rich, with or without a British passport, he can go anywhere or do whatever he wants.

Totally False.

Regardless of your financial status YOU CAN NOT go "anywhere" worth going without procuring a visa on a Nigerian passport through an application process. This requires time (however little that might be). Time is a very expensive luxury.

This is a major hindrance in mobility which could sabotage major moves (business etc).

I have both a U.S and Nigerian passport, and the advantage can not be overemphasized.
I live 5 minutes from an International airport, and can get up right now, go to the airport, buy a ticket and head to my choice from over 160 countries with just my passport (at worst, a Visa stamp issued on arrival at destination).

When you're a Mikel Obi, you travel a lot, and any removal of unnecessary restrictions to your movement is a major perk.

It is about world accessibility.

26 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by ojinku(m): 12:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Nigeria World cup STAR indeed.
Star Ko, Gulder ni.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Lorechino(m): 12:08am On Jul 30, 2014
Under the tableUnder the tableUnder the table
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by chlowi(f): 12:13am On Jul 30, 2014
lildrop: mikels shoe or shell? snail dey wear shoe??

O my God.!!! grin make una pity the guy na cheesy lol say na shell! grin grin grin
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by dotcomnamename: 12:14am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Totally False.

Regardless of your financial status YOU CAN NOT go "anywhere" worth going without procuring a visa on a Nigerian passport through an application process. This requires time (however little that might be). Time is a very expensive luxury.

This is a major hindrance in mobility which could sabotage major moves (business etc).

I have both a U.S and Nigerian passport, and the advantage can not be overemphasized.
I live 5 minutes from an International airport, and can get up right now, go to the airport, buy a ticket and head to my choice from over 160 countries with just my passport (at worst, a Visa stamp issued on arrival at destination).

When you're someone like Mikel, you travel a lot, and any removal of unnecessary restrictions to your movement is a major perk.

Even though if you hold 3 continental passport who cares? undecided, the name ''Mikel Obi'' is bigger and richer than British Passport. What is so special in British Passport? I don't believe British Passport was the reason why he still want to remain at Chelsea.

Poverty is a bastar.d

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by JEITO: 12:16am On Jul 30, 2014
feezy: Pls who is Mikel?
he is a Nigeria international soccer player, playing for the most exciting team in the world@ chelsea

Who are you?

5 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by desosa(m): 12:16am On Jul 30, 2014
rattlesnake: better

hes a national liability to nigeria...afterall hes scrweing a ukrainian

soon putin will also give him a passport in east ukraine undecided undecided undecided undecided
so putin is d president of Ukraine?? Olodo

4 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by gbaskipro: 12:17am On Jul 30, 2014
brownlord: Let him get British passports so he can apply for security job in one of the malls or night club in London.

In the whole life of your entire family, they can never earn what Mikel would earn in a month. Wretched man like you talking of security job mtcheew!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Odunharry(m): 12:17am On Jul 30, 2014
ok

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by dhsfbi(m): 12:18am On Jul 30, 2014
please can i apply for chevron IT program online? If yes please drop a link. But if you know anybody who can help me process the application and promise success kindly drop your contact.
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by lekzzydo(m): 12:18am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Totally False.

When you're someone like Mikel, you travel a lot, and any removal of unnecessary restrictions to your movement is a major perk.

story that makes nose moves up. You knw wat I mean?
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by rattlesnake(m): 12:20am On Jul 30, 2014
desosa: so putin is d president of Ukraine?? Olodo
u are so tongue not to know who is on control of east ukraine.......mumu think before u type, not everbody here is ote like you.....trigger happy f1ngering...u dont even know JACK about whats happening in the world....i specifically said EAST UKRAINE BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT AM SAYING LITERALLY, AND mofo half baked illetrate scholars DICK HEADS LIKE U CANT UNDERSTAND MY INSINUATIONS..... angry angry
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Tats(m): 12:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Many of you don't realise how easy it will be for him to travel when he gets a British passport. If he and his mates are going for friendlies, tours, games, etc in other countries, his Naija passport will need to first go to several embassies for days to get visas whereas his mates would only need tickets and off they go.

Having obtained Indefinite Leave to remain ILR in Britain based on minimum 5yrs work permit with Chelsea, his application for passport no longer depends on Chelsea, but on him physically spending minimum of 9 months up to 1 year in the uk after ILR then he qualifies to naturalise as a British citizen and then get a passport. I suppose he wants to spend this time in the UK just to get the passport and be done with and get easy access to travelling.

6 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Tats(m): 12:23am On Jul 30, 2014
gbaskipro:

In the whole life of your entire family, they can never earn what Mikel would earn in a month. Wretched man like you talking of security job mtcheew!!!

You can't blame him, it's the only job he knows in the UK!
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by feezy(m): 12:25am On Jul 30, 2014
JEITO: he is a Nigeria international soccer player, playing for the most exciting team in the world@ chelsea

Who are you?

Hmm U really want to knw who I am...
Send ur acct. Number.
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 30, 2014
Good thinking. Nigeria is no place to stake ones life, its volatile, its a messed up country frankly. Even our politicans have dual citizenships on a low, big properties all around, wanna try atikus priperty in switzerland. If you got legit ways to leave naija, jump at it, naija is terrible.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Tats(m): 12:29am On Jul 30, 2014
ikp4succes: The guy get money already, what is he doing with British passport.. Who goes to Britain these days..so will ask for french citizenship or italin when he move to monaco or Juventus.. i hope he see shirt this season so he can perform and people buy him next year.

Who goes to Britain these days? The French, Italians and countless others! Many here to work!
By the way, do you think the French and Italians just give away passports like that?
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by NaLaugh: 12:35am On Jul 30, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Even though if you hold 3 continental passport who cares? undecided, the name ''Mikel Obi'' is bigger and richer than British Passport. What is so special in British Passport? I don't believe British Passport was the reason why he still want to remain at Chelsea.

Poverty is a bastar.d

Why contradict yourself? you already said he was rich, so what poverty do you speak of?

What is so special in British passport? nothing really.. except it gives you visa free travel to 173 countries.
That's what he wants, and i don't see why you people are eating your hearts out over it.

I have one rhetorical question for you:
If you are offered a British passport today with NO strings attached, AND still get to keep your Nigerian citizenship would you refuse it?

You don't need to tell me your answer, just answer yourself honestly.

10 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Tats(m): 12:41am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Totally False.

When you're a Mikel Obi, you travel a lot, and any removal of unnecessary restrictions to your movement is a major perk.

Really could not have said it any better!

5 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by mike404(m): 12:45am On Jul 30, 2014
careytommy: chai! what a slave
this guy doesnt even realise his name is bigger than any passport!
HE MUST HAVE LEARNT THAT FROM TINUBU AND HIS SOUTH-WASTE DISCIPLES
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by 3sha4lyf: 12:46am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Totally False.

You are a star!!! Very well-said. Leav'em to beef Mikel, wether this story is true or not, yet they be the ones gnashing their teeth when their visa applications are refused.

10 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Freiburger(m): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2014
See Nigerians throwing up nonsense.
That pass can atleast make him a top coach somewhere.
The guy got dreams.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by kethoja(m): 12:56am On Jul 30, 2014
Someone please tell that boy mikel to get a life because he seems dead grin

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by LesbianBoy(m): 12:58am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Totally False.

Pictures or its a lie!

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Pain(m): 1:11am On Jul 30, 2014
feezy: Pls who is Mikel?

From the last time I checked, he's a guy more famous than you may ever be

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by xp17(m): 1:14am On Jul 30, 2014
dua citizenship makes one really looks confused sometimes about you are.but it's nice experience being picky, especially in time of war, na to just run go the next one.

#TeamDual#

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Freiburger(m): 1:16am On Jul 30, 2014
3sha4lyf:

You are a star!!! Very well-said. Leav'em to beef Mikel, wether this story is true or not, yet they be the ones gnashing their teeth when their visa applications are refused.
grin wink grin grin grin
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by NaLaugh: 1:18am On Jul 30, 2014
LesbianBoy:
Pictures or its a lie!

haha. cheesy

Refer to #6 on this thread
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Freiburger(m): 1:20am On Jul 30, 2014
MillionDollars: Nigerians and their brain!! Do i even care??
+1,000,000likes
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 30, 2014
Mikel is 27? shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 30, 2014
nedu2000: Financially rich but mentally still a poor slave,too bad!! sad
No. you got it wrong. What his decision means is that there are some things in life that money can't buy. Simple as ABC.

The same way the Atiku's, Adenuga's, e.t.c obtain citizenship of first world countries for their children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EA Sports Lose Almost £700 Million After Juventus FIFA 20 Snub / Gov. Ambode At Lagos City Marathon (photos) / Mikel To Play Argentina Match With Injury.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.