Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,668 members, 7,854,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (27055 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by 2chains1(m): 1:37am On Jul 30, 2014
The guy has been there for almost 8yrs. If he just has to stay till October to gain the citizenship, considering there is another transfer window in January and he is currently earning over 70k pounds a week then I see no stupidity in this decision. Besides Nigeria is spoiling with boko haram kidnappings and so on, will you now blame him to seek plan B in another citizenship? He didn't say he will throw away his Nigerian passport. For the people saying he has money and can go anywhere yes he can but no matter his money he will still have to wait for visas and can't stay more than 6months in the country. But with the British passport, he can visit about 170 countries without using a visa. (Meanwhile just 49 with a Nigerian passport).

That being said.......... He isn't still a good player cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Why contradict yourself? you already said he was rich, so what poverty do you speak of?

What is so special in British passport? nothing really.. except it gives you visa free travel to 173 countries.
That's what he wants, and i don't see why you people are eating your hearts out over it.

I have one rhetorical question for you:
If you are offered a British passport today with NO strings attached, AND still get to keep your Nigerian citizenship would you refuse it?

You don't need to tell me your answer, just answer yourself honestly.
Apart from all you listed. With a British passport, no club in the EU would ask him for a work permit neither would he require one to play anywhere in the EU. We have heard of international footballers having issues with transfers because of visa.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 30, 2014
Don't believe everything you hear
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Lucasbalo(m): 1:54am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Totally False.

Regardless of your financial status YOU CAN NOT go "anywhere" worth going without procuring a visa on a Nigerian passport through an application process. This requires time (however little that might be). Time is a very expensive luxury.

This is a major hindrance in mobility which could sabotage major moves (business etc).

I have both a U.S and Nigerian passport, and the advantage can not be overemphasized.
I live 5 minutes from an International airport, and can get up right now, go to the airport, buy a ticket and head to my choice from over 160 countries with just my passport (at worst, a Visa stamp issued on arrival at destination).

When you're a Mikel Obi, you travel a lot, and any removal of unnecessary restrictions to your movement is a major perk.

It is about world accessibility.
Right on target.

7 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Truckpusher(m): 2:00am On Jul 30, 2014
xp17: dua citizenship makes one really looks confused sometimes about you are.but it's nice experience being picky, especially in time of war, na to just run go the next one.

#TeamDual#

Sometimes you talk like a primary school boy.What has war got to do with the current thread? undecided

How you got a visa still remains the 11th wonder of the world. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Lucasbalo(m): 2:01am On Jul 30, 2014
chrisbaba1: Good thinking. Nigeria is no place to stake ones life, its volatile, its a messed up country frankly. Even our politicans have dual citizenships on a low, big properties all around, wanna try atikus priperty in switzerland. If you got legit ways to leave naija, jump at it, naija is terrible.
Very good point.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Spaxon(f): 2:09am On Jul 30, 2014
lekzzydo: you have been noticed, so......back off.
huh?!
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by chinex276(m): 2:16am On Jul 30, 2014
Mtsheeewwwwww... Wetin concern me
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by salvatore007(m): 3:01am On Jul 30, 2014
Hmm

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by kaima1984(f): 3:08am On Jul 30, 2014
feezy: Pls who is Mikel?
Mikel is my brother and he is ur enemy,I smell jealousy

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Celepope: 3:21am On Jul 30, 2014
Ignorance is a bastar.d.See the way Nairalanders are dishing it out freely on this thread.With just barely 3months to obtaining a British citizenship some are fuming because he decided to stay back.Someone was even saying "with his money he can go anywhere and another called him slave while another said "the name ''Mikel Obi'' is bigger and richer than British Passport. What is so special in British Passport?" These are pathetic cases of ignorance in display.

7 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by 50calibre(m): 3:25am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Totally False.

Regardless of your financial status YOU CAN NOT go "anywhere" worth going without procuring a visa on a Nigerian passport through an application process. This requires time (however little that might be). Time is a very expensive luxury.

This is a major hindrance in mobility which could sabotage major moves (business etc).

I have both a U.S and Nigerian passport, and the advantage can not be overemphasized.
I live 5 minutes from an International airport, and can get up right now, go to the airport, buy a ticket and head to my choice from over 160 countries with just my passport (at worst, a Visa stamp issued on arrival at destination).

When you're a Mikel Obi, you travel a lot, and any removal of unnecessary restrictions to your movement is a major perk.

You make reasonable points, I have to agree with you on this.

5 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by ceeceeco: 3:37am On Jul 30, 2014
Will gettin a BP make him score goals/change his style of play? Dull excuses...dis guy is just a lazy piece of sh*t!
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by pumppin(m): 3:37am On Jul 30, 2014
Shame
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Wadosky(m): 3:53am On Jul 30, 2014
xori Mikel,
u will struggle for a shirt in Chelsea
but for that passport,it's worth the wait.
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by chukxie(m): 4:00am On Jul 30, 2014
brownlord: Let him get British passports so he can apply for security job in one of the malls or night club in London.

Where's the logical sense in what you wrote? Searching, searching, searching....... Couldn't find any !

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Chamack: Continue beefing while Obi makes his cash.

Have u seeing anyone with a bright future beefing a successful individual before? Its usually the miserable and frustrated people that does such.

The guy never said so by himself and all of a sudden haters are already on rampage insulting him as if he is responsible for their collective miserable lives.

Hating someone that does not know of ur existence and has done u no wrong nor harm still beats my imaginations.

How can people be this frustrated and wicked?
How are these people different from boko haram when it comes to habouring this high voltage of resentment and hate?

Wolves in sheep clothings.

5 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by cashbayo(m): 4:12am On Jul 30, 2014
He has a problem and must be talked to or else his honours and titles will be counted as fluke and not deserving.... He isn't anywhere to be called a legend of Chelsea where as Didier Drogba that arrive 2 years earlier than Mikel is a proud legend of the Stanford Bridge club. He continues to depreciate, no thanks to Jose Mourinho that actually cloned his medula back then when he arrived from Lyn Oslo of Norway.
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 30, 2014
Wadosky: xori Mikel,
u will struggle for a shirt in Chelsea
but for that passport,it's worth the wait.

Dude has paid his dues so shirt or no shirt he is a success story and will always be in Chelsea's H.O.F.

Guess we should worry more about our own lives than worry about someone that is been paid in hard currency for either playing or sitting on the bench or not even dressed up for any game.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by chukxie(m): 4:17am On Jul 30, 2014
byrron:

Have u seeing anyone with a bright future beefing a successful individual before? Its usually the miserable and frustrated people that does such.

The guy never said so by himself and all of a sudden haters are already on rampage insulting him as if they he is responsible for their collective miserable lives.

Hating someone that does not know of ur existence and has done u no wrong nor harm still beats my imaginations.

How can people be this frustrated and wicked?
How are these people different from boko haram when it comes to habouring this high voltage of resentment and hate?

Wolves in sheep clothings.

Thank you, bro! There are a few frustrated individuals with very little or no purpose in life on NL. You can tell by the kind of hate they spew!

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 4:24am On Jul 30, 2014
Celepope: Ignorance is a bastar.d.See the way Nairalanders are dishing it out freely on this thread.With just barely 3months to obtaining a British citizenship some are fuming because he decided to stay back.Someone was even saying "with his money he can go anywhere and another called him slave while another said "the name ''Mikel Obi'' is bigger and richer than British Passport. What is so special in British Passport?" These are pathetic cases of ignorance in display.

My brother, most Nigerians have the HATE virus in their DNA.

Its a national disease plaquing most citizens of the Nigerian nation right from creation till date.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by M4gunners: 4:30am On Jul 30, 2014
careytommy: chai! what a slave
this guy doesnt even realise his name is bigger than any passport!
Who no go no go know.All our so called Celebrity are rushing to London and USA to have a baby there.Now you have someone who have only 2 Months to become a citizen, you are calling him a slave.So he should allow his 8 Years to go like that.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 4:33am On Jul 30, 2014
NaLaugh:

Totally False.

Pls keep educating so many ignorant hate filled minds here.

They think mikel have brainless skulls like them.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by simplex2: 5:12am On Jul 30, 2014
Which kind British passport? That's just a bloody excuse: no Juventus or monaco is bidding for him! When his contract expires with chelsea, Newcastle will pick him on free transfer....oopss, scratch that, Tiote is there.

West Brom will pick him...ooppss, scratch that, Mulumbu is there.

West ham... No! Diame is there.

Sunder... Oh! Forget it! He will just go play at the lower division!
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Celepope: 5:43am On Jul 30, 2014
byrron:

My brother, most Nigerians have the HATE virus in their DNA.

Its a national disease plaquing most citizens of the Nigerian nation right from creation till date.
Little wonder their slow progress

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 30, 2014
Celepope:
Little wonder their slow progress

Its so glaring

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by redcliff: 6:31am On Jul 30, 2014
Tval: This guy is fighting for a passport forgetting his career. The source isn't credible.

Totally not credible..thats what the internet did to journalism.. besides a player of mikel's status should have a house in the uk which should in one way or the other put him on the track to getting a british pass and not hinging on the current job he has right now at chelsea..
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by biomedixexcel(m): 6:45am On Jul 30, 2014
Good one for Mikel
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by pat077: 7:04am On Jul 30, 2014

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by philips70(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2014
Most of you who fights this decision do not really know what owning such passports mean. How does it feel not visiting any embassies before you travel to world's most respected destinations? Even Dangote with his billions would want one to reduce such inconveniences. This has just not got any business with his wealth or snail qualities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Resumes Training With Lille, His New Club / Timo Werner Leaves Chelsea, Returns To RB Leipzig / Gov. Ambode At Lagos City Marathon (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.