Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,013 members, 7,845,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (27050 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by IYANGBALI: 7:47am On Jul 30, 2014
sniper099: [b]The Nigerian law allows for dual citizenship and so
the likes of Tijjani Babangida, Odion Ighalo,
Bennedict Akwuegbu and Bartholomew Ogbeche
carry two passports.

......and iya ngbali

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by 2kris(m): 7:48am On Jul 30, 2014
So all dis while obi never get passpot hhhhmmmm.if na naija now dem for don gv am sinnce or wat do u think

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by experimentist: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2014
Obi welelenke, Obi onyearra

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 30, 2014
Nigerian plpp badt sa, same mikel dat was prasied, same mikel dat plpp see as a hero in d last Nations cup and confendration cup, now because he didn't perform in world cup, plpp started calling him namez

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Chamack: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2014
byrron:

Have u seeing anyone with a bright future beefing a successful individual before? Its usually the miserable and frustrated people that does such.

The guy never said so by himself and all of a sudden haters are already on rampage insulting him as if he is responsible for their collective miserable lives.

Hating someone that does not know of ur existence and has done u no wrong nor harm still beats my imaginations.

How can people be this frustrated and wicked?
How are these people different from boko haram when it comes to habouring this high voltage of resentment and hate?

Wolves in sheep clothings.
Good one bro, people that hates are never do wells in life. It reeks of stupidity to hate a BILLONAIRE at his youthful age. I wonder what the Belgians will do to Eden Hazard because he failed woefully at the world cup. Some Nigerians are haters and will not make progress in life for hating someone better than them. Thumb up for your write up bro.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by nedu2000(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2014
saxywale:
No. you got it wrong. What his decision means is that there are some things in life that money can't buy. Simple as ABC.

The same way the Atiku's, Adenuga's, e.t.c obtain citizenship of first world countries for their children.
why can it be the other way round?that a briton stays 10yrs in naija so as to obtain our passport,same way women run to foreign countries to give birth!its mental slavery which needs emancipation
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2014
LOL British Passport? Smdh grin Rich slave grin
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Skmoda360(m): 8:57am On Jul 30, 2014
feezy: Pls who is Mikel?
If you ask me na who I go ask
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by heatmeup(f): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2014
mikel don suffer ooooooo chai....................................(you all know the rest
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by dontjealousme: 9:08am On Jul 30, 2014
Seun this is good news. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who God has blessed no man can curse grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Tholuwaniey(m): 9:19am On Jul 30, 2014
lekzzydo: hey! Wat is wrong with you? Do u have a . (Dot) syndrome
. grin..
if I reply you with the right words, you'll not think twice about suicide.. so let's keep it cool bro.. no one is hurt.. learn to mind your Akara next time grin
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 30, 2014
nedu2000: Financially rich but mentally still a poor slave,too bad!! sad

Look at you. If it was you will you do differently?

Of-course having a British passport creates more opportunities for him. He clearly knows what he wants. If he is about to get something that would be of benefit to him and he is this close to achieving it, why would he not opt to stay put. October is just around the corner. A transfer window opens up in January. He can make his move then.

Now tell me how that makes him mentally poor?

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by vislabraye(m): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Honestly, if he has to wait till October to gain a British passport, it's good. After all these years staying in England, just remaining there for just a few month more makes sense.

But I just hope his value doesn't depreciate.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 30, 2014
tolu007: Nigerian plpp badt sa, same mikel dat was prasied, same mikel dat plpp see as a hero in d last Nations cup and confendration cup, now because he didn't perform in world cup, plpp started calling him namez

My Brodaaaa!!!

I tire oooooo!!!!!

See we Naija people?
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Xavier9ja(m): 9:44am On Jul 30, 2014
feezy: Pls who is Mikel?

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Marcelinho(m): 10:41am On Jul 30, 2014
Standard007: Y im jersey tear for hand? undecided

that is not tear is a place for finger
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by write2obi(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2014
Dygeasy: Mikel might be slow on the pitch but I don't believe he's equally slow in the head.
Can you give me one good reason why Mikel is still in Chelsea?

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by shaboti: 10:47am On Jul 30, 2014
why did the mods leave that second picture bfor sending it to frontpage, are they stjupid
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Marcelinho(m): 10:48am On Jul 30, 2014
2013 nations cup n confederation cup we all sang mikel name especially d goal against Uruguay even though we lost d game no one cares, it was mikel every where now because he had a bad world cup here we are criticizing him. is he the only player who didn't perform well? how about pepe, pique. Gerald n the rest?

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by nedu2000(m): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2014
princefunmi:

Look at you. If it was you will you do differently?

Of-course having a British passport creates more opportunities for him. He clearly knows what he wants. If he is about to get something that would be of benefit to him and he is this close to achieving it, why would he not opt to stay put. October is just around the corner. A transfer window opens up in January. He can make his move then.

Now tell me how that makes him mentally poor?
and the sport that brought him fame and richest goes to the background its morally wrong my brother
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by AJJ17(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2014
I am sure if so many of you guys criticizing MIKEL for this act were to be in his shoes would do the same thing,Nigerians are just hypocrites,when the going was good for MIKEL,we still find ways to see something wrong about MIKEL,unfortunately he provided a loop hole during the world Cup,and many of us cant wait to bury him.I strongly wish we should just give MIKEL a break. Lets wish him well.My opinion!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by lekzzydo(m): 10:59am On Jul 30, 2014
Tholuwaniey: . grin..
if I reply you with the right words, you'll not think twice about suicide.. so let's keep it cool bro.. no one is hurt.. learn to mind your Akara next time grin
which right words r u gonna spew dt'll make me think of suicide.

A grown up man like you commenting wit 'dot' in all threads.........u beta work on ur miserable life b4 it makes u commit suicide.
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Standard007(m): 11:10am On Jul 30, 2014
Marcelinho:

y im no com put im finger dia? im no sabi where cloth?
Marcelinho:

y im no com put im finger dia? im no sabi where cloth? ;d
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by SEYIOKE: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2014
sniper099: AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal that
Nigeria World Cup star Mikel Obi will stay on and
fight for his Chelsea future because he is due to get
his British passport in October.

A close associate of the Chelsea midfielder
informed AfricanFootball.com Mikel could have
readily taken up offers from clubs like Monaco and
Juventus this summer, but for the fact that this
could deny him a British passport in October.

“Mikel will be a British citizen by October and that
was one of the main considerations why he has
opted to stay put at Chelsea at least for the time
being,” the player’s close associate informed
AfricanFootball.com

“There are offers from clubs like Juventus,
Galatasaray and Monaco, but he would rather get
his passport before he considers any of them.”
The Nigerian law allows for dual citizenship and so
the likes of Tijjani Babangida, Odion Ighalo,
Bennedict Akwuegbu and Bartholomew Ogbeche
carry two passports.

AfricanFootball.com has also been told Mikel could
well consider a January exit from Stamford Bridge
by the time he gets his passport and by then he is
still playing a bit role at ‘The Blues’.

The 27-year-old Mikel joined Chelsea in 2006,
winning several major honours including UEFA
Champions League and Europa League as well as
the English Premier League title.

However, last season he made a total of 36
appearances in all competitions, scoring two goals.
He has a contract with the London club till June
Mikel needs serious God's intervention. He needs d power of God to catalyse him

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by striker9(m): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2014
byrron:

Have u seeing anyone with a bright future beefing a successful individual before? Its usually the miserable and frustrated people that does such.

The guy never said so by himself and all of a sudden haters are already on rampage insulting him as if he is responsible for their collective miserable lives.

Hating someone that does not know of ur existence and has done u no wrong nor harm still beats my imaginations.

How can people be this frustrated and wicked?
How are these people different from boko haram when it comes to habouring this high voltage of resentment and hate?

Wolves in sheep clothings.
What do you expect from low lifers,they always try to console there miserable lives by beefing someone that has achieved. But instead of learning how to become someone in life,they blame an innocent old woman in there village for there misfortune.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Jimmywest(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2014
See igbo man brain....... Ŋa̶̲̥̅ wah oooo

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Tholuwaniey(m): 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
lekzzydo: which right words r u gonna spew dt'll make me think of suicide.

A grown up man like you commenting wit 'dot' in all threads.........u beta work on ur miserable life b4 it makes u commit suicide.

you're looking for a duel of Rant.. which I'll ignore due to what I've noticed about you..
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
nedu2000: and the sport that brought him fame and richest goes to the background its morally wrong my brother

No its not.

Its just common sense.

If he moves to France or Italy, he loses the chance at a British Passport which by the way is just 2 months away. Why come that close only to allow it to pass. He still has a running contract with Chelsea, so technically he still has a Job and he is still actively involved in football.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by chuquiz(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
nedu2000: Financially rich but mentally still a poor slave,too bad!! sad

you are a concrete hater.he will have dual nationality and enjoy his life, you will keep hating while his money piles up

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Wadosky(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
byrron:

Dude has paid his dues so shirt or no shirt he is a success story and will always be in Chelsea's H.O.F.

Guess we should worry more about our own lives than worry about someone that is been paid in hard currency for either playing or sitting on the bench or not even dressed up for any game.

am not arguing whether his name is in the H.O.F or not . certainly he has done his time and leave when the ovation is high.
Secondly I have to worry about anything chelsea cos am a very passionate fan.i buy their merchandise ,pay my membership dues,update my dstv account so I can watch live matches.dstv in turn pays epl from my patronage.
epl pays chelsea a certain amount for bn in the league.
just get it am a stake holder and they can't run the club without the fans.
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by lekzzydo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tholuwaniey:

you're looking for a duel of Rant.. which I'll ignore due to what I've noticed about you..
so you have reasonable words like this to type, y commenting with Dot all d time......I summon you to adjust
Re: Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Wadosky:
am not arguing whether his name is in the H.O.F or not . certainly he has done his time and leave when the ovation is high.
Secondly I have to worry about anything chelsea cos am a very passionate fan.i buy their merchandise ,pay my membership dues,update my dstv account so I can watch live matches.dstv in turn pays epl from my patronage.
epl pays chelsea a certain amount for bun in the league.
just get it am a stake holder and they can't run the club without the fans.

So what's ur point?
Im sorry to say that ur response sounds gibberish to me.

Im also a chelsea fan and a very passionate one but does that cloud my sense of objectivity? NO.

Almunia remained with arsenal fc despite offers from various clubs then but he turned it down just to get his British citizenship despite the fact he is German which he eventually got and the gates of heaven didn't collapse so why the noise if that is what mikel wants?

So if u are a chelsea fan and the air u breath is chelsea therefore mikel can no longer make decisions for himself because u are slso a stake holder in his life abi?

U guys honestly should spend most of ur energy on things that improves your lives and stop intruding into other people's lives.

Mikel this mikel that haba!
Na wa oooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EA Sports Lose Almost £700 Million After Juventus FIFA 20 Snub / Gov. Ambode At Lagos City Marathon (photos) / Mikel To Play Argentina Match With Injury.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.