Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? (29765 Views)

I Got A Fantastic Job Through Nairaland / Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? / Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by gift01: 12:02am On Jul 31, 2014
I have gotten 3 jobs as freelancer all from olx and I'm still doing them till today. I even turned down so many office jobs cos am not a sit down guy. The key guys is: If it looks too good; then its not. An instance of a scam was when one guy claimed there was job at onne port. It was at the end of discussion that he said I'll pay 5k to their company account. Oya send me d account details na; it was his private account. I just laughed. The guy call me so te 'Him grab say I wise up'. The key friends is: Shine your eyes! How can you pay money to someone's account without getting a job? How juju go hold you via phone? It baffles me. See, in this life, you must be wiser to survive the wise. By the way, always have this mindset that an average nigerian online is a scam. It'll help you

3 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by mkoabiola: 12:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Noooo
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:52am On Jul 31, 2014
rattlesnake: OLX sef dey find job.

Wtf...Lmao!
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:55am On Jul 31, 2014
dignityonly: After reading this thread. I went straight to OLX website to see things myself now now.

and I saw this (link)
http://lekki./young-talented-artise-needed-edge-records-iid-685455852

My conversation.

*phones rings.

ME: Hello, good afternoon,

MR SAMSUN: Good afternoon, who am I speaking with?

ME: My name is bblahblah blah, am interested to be part of edge records, I sing, rap & even Produce

MR SAMSUN: OK, you need to get a form for 2,500 Naira, u need to send me ur email to dis phone so i can send u all d details.

ME: No problem, how do i pay d 2,500 naira, should i bring it over to your office today.

MR SAMSUN: NO! you can only pay through bank.

ME: OH, that will be stressful, where is your office & also is dis d same label where REMINISCE is signed to ?

MR SAMSUN: Yes, our office address is Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, do you know VI?

ME: Yes, but u dey craze shall oh, you be thief self, the real owner of the record label you claim is not based in south africa, am even calling from edge studio.

MR SAMSUN: *sound surprised* no no no,

Then he hangs up

few minute later i got this text message from him.

Take one bottle of beer for my head
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 31, 2014
ojun50: My was one guy name OMO he said i should paid 3k into his account after paying the money i should come to apapa port then i should call him. Jst imaging no address i think OXL is the place were u can find the lord of scammers.
I had similar experience when I wanted to purchase a power bike. The guy asked me to come to apapq port and after he asked me to pay for permit for 10,000. I told him I will. He called for several days and latter stop calling. I think people should think smart and stop being greedy. Lost of those naive people who falls into the hands of scammers are greedy folks.
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by ugo1990(m): 7:59am On Jul 31, 2014
stop tagging olx bad. remember in the bible ,is there anything good from nazareth.then where did JESUS came from.yes scammers are on olx while some are real ok.so stop commenting bad about the site. comment on the scammers.
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by z3us(m): 9:36am On Jul 31, 2014
U GUYZ FALL VICTIM COZ OF GREED AND IGNORANCE..IMAGINE, WILL CUSTOMS LEAVE THE NEWSPAPERS AND GO TO FACEBOOK OR OLX TO ADVERTISE AUCTIONS??
U WUD ALSO WANNA BUY A CAR WORTH 3MILLION FOR 700K....Y WONT U GET SCAMMED....AWUF DEY RUN BELLE #GBAM
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by mrfrosh: 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
techwiz4: I have been a victim of this 419 fraud and i just want nobody else to fall prey. if you use olx and someone tells you he works in customs or you should come to the office, avoid him. This 419 impunity has gone long enough, they believe they cant be caught. I stayed in the uk for most of my life and when i decided to come home, this is what happens. I will hunt this scammers down to the full extent of the law, even though it involves spending thousands on the police. This guy must be caught, not only because i seek desperate vengeance but because catching him will reduce the numbers of scammers out there. please know that i have money and thankfully lots of it. I have the resources to do this but i need support from people that share my thoughts. SAY NO TO 419 SCAMMERS. Beware of this account and phone numbers.

Bank: Fidelity bank
Acc Name: Ahmed Bello Yusuf
Acc Number: 6233998997
Phone Numbers: 08038200687, 07036458820

I am very close with my investigation with the police and i shall be posting his picture very soon. Email me at krisler000@yahoo.com

Are you sure you are not a scammer urself??..This ur I have got lots of money and all the gibberish,find a way to prove to us that you are not a scammer and which police station are u working with??..
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by mrfrosh: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
sammyyoung2:

U av lots of money...still u fell prey.....scammers scams pple who think dey are smart....so I wonder how u cld catch dem oo....den why did u drop email addresss also

No mind am na scammer too...ppl no dey aa 4 NL oooo...Smh 4 dem
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by 0866ma081: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
The fear of gnld is the begining of wisdom they are everywhere
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by SenatorJames(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Davland: Can one get a job by just sending details to a phone??
I say YES to dat,i once got a banking job(teller) through dat medium.
But using dat medium nowadayz has been bastardised by those GNLD company
I think I can conclude that

GNLD is not a scam, but it's not the type of work many job seekers want, and they keep on advertising it like a good job, which still make it a scam.

God help Nigerian youths.
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Davland(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
SenatorJames: I think I can conclude that

GNLD is not a scam, but it's not the type of work many job seekers want, and they keep on advertising it like a good job, which still make it a scam.

God help Nigerian youths.
u re right.....dey do advertize a different vacancy(cashier,admin officer)e.t.c, but wen u get to d venue, dey will start their useless marathon lectures
am not against d job but y cant dey just come plain,advertise d real job,those dat re interested will apply rather dan to camouflage with jobs that dey dont ve
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by extremelygolden: 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
LaurelP:

He is not d OP u slowpoke

And what are you Laurel?
Mr. E-Abuser!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Anyone Received This Message From Union Bank / What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? / Nestlé CWAR Graduate Trainee Programme 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.