Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,670 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:56 AM

Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again (26576 Views)

Fayose Donates N500000 & Okada To A Crippled Cobbler (photos) / What Was Yemi Osinbajo's Role In The Sgt. Rogers/al-mustapha Saga? / Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by adook1: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2014
ASO ROCK BETRAYED ME —Sgt. Rogers a.k.a Mr. Death •Says: ‘I am now a born again Christian’ •Speaks on accident that immobilised him

Barnabas Jabila, otherwise known as Sgt. Rogers, the notorious HITMAN of late despot, gen. Sani Abacha, has lamented how the Nigerian Government used and dumped him. In an interview with New Telegraph newspaper, Sgt. Rogers (seen in photo) discloses how he has become abandoned by friends and former bosses, including the Abacha family and Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, after the road accident that left him bedridden. He also speaks of his childhood desire to become a pastor and claimed that he has become a born-again Christian. Excerpts:

Question: It’s been a very long time since you disappeared from public view. Where have you been and how are you doing?

Sgt. Rogers: I thank God that I’m fine. Since you were involved in an automobile accident, how challenging has it been? It has been very challenging and very difficult because this is not a type of ailment for which you take drugs and get better. My condition has to do with the spinal cord and it is going to take a long time. Since 2009, I have been in bed till now. I thank God that I’m living by the grace of God.

How did the accident happen?

Actually I went to the farm to bring some produce and on my way back, along Kaduna-Abuja Road, the two front tyres pulled off; that was how it happened. I found myself in the hospital. I was assisted by some soldiers and policemen that were on patrol on the highway.

They took me to the hospital and I was admitted and treated. I was first admitted to the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital at Gwagwalada and I was also treated at the SSS hospital. I have people that come here to treat me. Since then, I have been on treatment in various hospitals and some doctors and physiotherapists come to treat me at home. As somebody in need of medical care, wherever I hear that there are persons that can treat me, I would go. I have been to alternative healthcare givers and prayer houses. Either I’m taken there or they come here to help me.

What is your relationship with the Abacha family and have they been supportive?

I know they are aware that I was involved in an accident because it was in the media then. Maybe they don’t know where I am staying. I have not heard from them.

Let me take you back in time. There is a story about you that is very much in the negative. Sgt Rogers was a name that was dreaded. How do you live with this definition of your person?

Well, my being perceived in the negative is understandable. My profession is always taken on the negative side, no matter how good you try to be. No matter how good you are, you are always perceived in the negative. Generally speaking, we are all human beings like every other person, you understand. These are the sacrifices you have to make for the nation. No matter how negative it is you take it because you have done your best for the nation. Are you still in the army and if you are what is your rank now and your present posting? I am still in the army; I am a Sergeant in the army and attached to the SSS headquarters up till now. My last date of promotion was in September 1995, that’s like 19 years or so.

Abacha’s erstwhile deputy, Gen. Oladipo Diya, said in a recent interview that you represented death anytime you were around. Was he right?

Well, he is an elderly person and I heard that it was when he celebrated his birthday that he made the comment. What I want to say is to refer him to the Bible in the book of Luke, about the centurion who met Jesus Christ. The centurion told Jesus that he had soldiers under him who obey his orders; if he tells them go, they go; if he tells them to do this, they do it. That’s the only thing I can say.

Are you saying that you were in the command of the army when you did all this?

I’m under the command of the army and under the Federal Government. I’m a servant, you know, a servant doing my service to the nation. Just like the centurion said, if they say go, I go, come, I come; do this and I will do it; don’t do this and I don’t do it.

There are some, few of them though. But the truth is this, one Igbo man sang a song when we were in the barracks which has the chorus that when the going is good and smooth, very many people will be your friends; but when the going is bad, all of them will run away. That is just it.

Your former boss, Maj. Al Mustapha was released sometime ago. Are you two in contact?

There has been no contact between us. I only see him on the television when he visits a mosque and goes on his charity campaign.

As I entered here, I saw some sort of a prayer meeting going on. Are you now a born again Christian?

It was not now, I had been a born again Christian but I backslided again. I became born again in1989 in Jaji then but backslided which is normal as anybody can make a mistake. There is mercy in Christ, you can come back and he will receive you; I have come back and he received me.

During the trial of Maj. Mustapha, you revealed under cross examination that the Federal Government promised to compensate you with a house, foreign posting and other incentives but reneged. Did they later make good their promise?

No they didn’t. This house I am living in is a rented apartment; I have been paying rent for a long time. They did not do anything to make good their promise. It is natural to feel used and cheated because the integrity of people that make such promises is not that of people you think will play on your intelligence.

Do you have any regrets in life and what will you do better if given another chance?

Actually, before I joined the army, I thought I would be a pastor but I found myself in the army. I could have gone through that way but God has a plan for everything. I cannot now say that I regret what God has allowed and what He planned. As a believer all things work together for good, God has a purpose for everything and that is why I will not regret anything. I take everything the way it comes and I give glory to God.

How did you join the army?

I joined the army through recruitment in the 80s.

How were you selected for the strike force?

A signal was sent to my unit in Jaji to report to the Presidency and I reported

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2014
wheres the damm picture?
And he shud quit having to depend oe others especially da abachas,they all also got some reprieve...he shud be grateful to,trust in n depend on God...n there r lotsa brothers,sisters,dadas,momas,friends.....in da household of God

2 Likes

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by slimfit1(m): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2014
This is how the world work if you don't invest in your future no body would do that for you. However he is not an Hausa Muslim so they count him as nobody.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Nosyke(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
What goes around.......................................

1 Like

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by slimfit1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
[sub][/sub]
Nosyke: What goes around.......................................

Comes around mate.
Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by gramci: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
In Line of duty
Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nosyke: What goes around.......................................
Nothing is going around anywhere. What part of the narrative did you miss? This man is a soldier. Schit happens, and he knows it. End of.

2 Likes

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by numericalguy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
BoboYekini: Nothing is going around anywhere. What part of the narrative did you miss? This man is a soldier. Schit happens, and he knows it. End of.

The guy didnt miss anything, you are the one who must have read the post with your brain upside down.
Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
BoboYekini: Nothing is going around anywhere. What part of the narrative did you miss? This man is a soldier. Schit happens, and he knows it. End of.
Gbam
Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Nosyke(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2014

Even as a kid then his name was so scary that if our elder ones wanted us to do something, they will use 'sergent rogers'' name.

Comprende?

The evil that men do.................................

2 Likes

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
numericalguy:
The guy didnt miss anything, you are the one who must have read the post with your brain upside down.
Nairalanders and Insult !

Rogers did what he had to do as a Soldier , he was doing his Job and If not him someone else woulda done it !!

Him being crippled is never enough to atoned for his actions .... Some hired assasins still have the best and last laugh while dying !!

Na only God go fit give befitting judgement against some people's actions !!

2 Likes

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
numericalguy:

ok. I must have snatched your babe.

1 Like

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by directimport: 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=12629:sgt-
rogers-crippled-in-car-crash&catid=46:lead-
stories&Itemid=140
Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Kellygold(f): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
numericalguy:

hahahahaha grin

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by tit(f): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Sgt. Rogers,
Your sins are forgiven you.
Go and kill again!

2 Likes

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by armadeo(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
I remember this biatch I was told of back in the days what was her name again.....

KARMA.

1 Like

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by eledacedar(f): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
As a military person, he's under obligation to follow orders and not to question the morality of orders given to him.

We should stop letting our emotions or moral leanings move us to judge others

The relationship between him and Gen. Abacha, Maj. Al Mustapha and others was military. If after life in the military or even if they are still serving together in the military, one decides to ignore the other, so be it. Nobody owes the other any favors for carrying out instructions of a superior or for giving orders to a subordinate.

Sgt Rogers had carried out instructions given to him by a superior officer. CHIKENA!

You can only understand if you have ever been part of a strictly regimented society.

In my opinion, the Nigeria Army should have promoted him to the rank where his colleagues are today, paid him his full benefits and let him retire and go home. He has served his country the best way he could. It's just sad that he suffered for his service.

I have always admired his courage as well as that of Maj. Al Mustapha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Omexonomy: 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
To err is human to forgive is devine. May those he was sent to kill find rest in the lord.
Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Jakumo(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
eledacedar:

Oh yes, it must have taken a whole lot of muffugin' courage to ambush that S-Class Mercedes car containing Kudirat, the outspoken but completely defenseless wife of M.K.O. Abiola, winner of Nigeria's 1993 presidential election, so as to spray her with automatic fire from an Israeli-made Uzi sub-machinegun.

Oh well, the un-repentant spouse-killer now faces a fate and manifest destiny infinitely worse than a quick death, for he will ultimately expire due to the cumulative effects of putrefying bed-sores that will fester and multiply on his partially immobilized body, killing him in an agonizingly gradual yet assured manner, while he watches on in a state of compounding abject horror.

Yes indeed, the hit-man who was once a national boogey-man has taken the hit of a lifetime, and will now endure a slow and excruciatingly painful transition to hell, where he will meet with his diabolical pay-master, Sanni "Whoremiester" Abacha, of the bust-a-nut-and-die fame.

Courage indeed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by edo3(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
eledacedar: As a military person, he's under obligation to follow orders and not to question the morality of orders given to him.

We should stop letting our emotions or moral leanings move us to judge others

The relationship between him and Gen. Abacha, Maj. Al Mustapha and others was military. If after life in the military or even if they are still serving together in the military, one decides to ignore the other, so be it. Nobody owes the other any favors for carrying out instructions of a superior or for giving orders to a subordinate.

Sgt Rogers had carried out instructions given to him by a superior officer. CHIKENA!

You can only understand if you have ever been part of a strictly regimented society.

In my opinion, the Nigeria Army should have promoted him to the rank where his colleagues are today, paid him his full benefits and let him retire and go home. He has served his country the best way he could. It's just sad that he suffered for his service.

Ta ba ran omo ni ise eru,,oye kafi tomo je..so being in d military means u shld be takin innocent lives??if that is the situation,its only d military dt wud remain on earth 2 rule themselves..D bastard roger got carroied away wt wearing Army uniforms...omo oju ori ola ri...idiota!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by nerodenero: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
He might have repented and did his job as commanded.Maybe fate had it that the dude would be crippled.
The main point is "no sinner will go unpunished".

1 Like

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by eledacedar(f): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
edo3: Ta ba ran omo ni ise eru,,oye kafi tomo je..so being in d military means u shld be takin innocent lives??if that is the situation,its only d military dt wud remain on earth 2 rule themselves..D bastard roger got carroied away wt wearing Army uniforms...omo oju ori ola ri...idiota!!!

I can understand your points but your proverb does not work for the guys in d military. Not at all. Remember, what a man sees as a half-full cup, another sees as a half-empty cup.

The playbook of the military does not always concur with those of civilians. While I'm not holding brief for anyone, and not in support of blood shedding, you should know that during the Abacha days, the phrase 'enemy of state' means you are not innocent.

Insubordination was also not tolerated then. If he didn't do it, someone else would have done it.

1 Like

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by eledacedar(f): 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
Jakumo:

Oh yes, it must have take a whole lot of muffugin' courage to ambush that S-Class Mercedes car containing Kudirat, the outspoken but completely defenseless wife of M.K.O. Abiola, winner of Nigeria's 1993 presidential election, so as to spray her with automatic fire from an Israeli-made Uzi sub-machinegun.

Oh well, the un-repentant spouse-killer now faces a fate and manifest destiny infinitely worse than a quick death, for he will ultimately expire due to the cumulative effects of putrefying bed-sores that will fester and multiply on his partially immobilized body, killing him in an agonizingly gradual yet assured manner, while he watches on in a state of compounding abject horror.

Yes indeed, the hit-man who was once a national boogey-man has taken the hit of a lifetime, and will now endure a slow and excruciatingly painful transition to hell, where he will meet with his diabolical pay-master, Sanni "Whoremiester" Abacha, of the bust-a-nut-and-die fame.

Courage indeed.

Don't get me wrong. I don't admire the courage to kill but the courage to admit one's actions and take responsibility when you know the outcome might not be in your favor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Haywhymido(m): 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
Well we all make mistakes n av our past.Best way to seek 4giveness of a sin commited against fellow human being is to ask 4 4giveness 4rm God,which must be followed up by asking 4 4giveness 4rm person,family or anybody close to d person u wrong.U sitting down dia claiming u r nw born again is pure nonsense, If dont seek dose people 4giveness. There is different betwn sins commited against God n d ones commited against human being.U r shouting u do it to service nigeria, during dat time if u r ask to kill ur mother will u? Yet u kill many fathers,mothers. U destroy many homes. I pity u coz,the nigeria u claimed u serve won't intercede 4 u on judgement day. Mr roger seek 4giveness 4rm dose u offend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Chanchit: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
Going by bible standards, this guy would still make heaven.

And by the way, have I said I love his job..? But I would be stinkingly rich if I should be in his shoes, why would I be eliminating thrillionaires and still have no properties, hell no, na pay as I kill, afterall I would be doing this Country a big favour by doing my job.

And the Abacha family owes him nothing, he forgot to make hay while the sunshine, the man was just too busy killing that he forgot to secure his future, had it been he has money, why would he be returning from farm when he should be returning from USA abi UK.

3 Likes

Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 31, 2014
numericalguy:

Choi! grin
Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by Kpajieego: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2023
Jabila
Re: Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again by kokoA(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2023
Mudafuka should busy himself with his prayers and whatever he does to serve his God. We have passed that era and I don't think I give a fukc if he did his job or not, all I know I is that karma is a bitch.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Fighters Disguise As Preachers, Kill 24 / Jega Loses Brother, Abdulkadir To Hajj Stampede. / Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.