Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives (13257 Views)

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / Advice Pls: Having Intimacy With My Wife After 3 Months Of Giving Birth / 7 Reasons Why You Should Forget About Money Lent To Relatives/family Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by omoelu1(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
I have learnt enough from what they did to my dad and I am definitely not gonna thread that path.
I would rather benefit an outsider with my "cheer-giver" nature.
Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by ekmike(m): 5:09am On Aug 01, 2014
"I am blessed to be a blessing", people will only pray and care for you so long as they can benefit frm you. Evryone nids wisdom to deal with family. Also, I have realised that no(thing/one) is indispensable, as much as you think you are, the more you are not.
Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
Louislewis: It is in the Bible " God loves a cheerful giver" It is more "blessed to give than to receive". "Be your brother's keeper" and so many others. All these words are words of wisdom for you to be richer. If you are opportune to be struggling to become somebody tomorrow, you must show and exhibit these characters to attract God's mercy. If you are opportune to be comfortable financially, your financial achievement is God's doing for the purpose of God's blessings to be extented to those in need through you. If you realize this and practise sincerely with pure heart, God will continue to use you as His source of blessings to others, thereby making you richer. It's matter of choice to either remain poor with your spirit of tight-fitted hand, or open doors of God's source of blessing through you by given, or open doors of more financially growth by using part of the ones you have to bless people in need. Finally, God's is only Merciful for those that have Mercy. This is one of the secret of natural financial richness.

If there was a way to like your post more than once, I would
cool, and absolutely true, your post

....the thing that makes you wanna put a smile on someone else' s face....nuclear or extended family, friends, acquaintances, heck, even strangers

The funny and beautiful thing about giving (with real love and willingness and not grudgingly)....is that you always get more of what you give
True Story
Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by SenatorJames(m): 8:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
In summary, for peace and harmony:
MrRhymes101: True talk...when u lend relatives money don't expect to get paid
Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by SenatorJames(m): 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
nickz: you will never know the number of cousins you have until you make money!!grin
Lol!!!

Are cousins now virus that reproduce into millions within few seconds. May God help someone in this hard economy situation of Nigeria.
Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by dotcomnamename: 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
anonimi:
We should STOP simply giving money to our relations who are able bodied and so can work and earn a living.
A worthwhile person should learn to live within his/her means even as he makes appropriate sacrifice/savings/investments to grow his future income flow in order to meet ever increasing needs.
A one-off punctual assistance is ok but should NEVER be repeated as to become habitual.
NEVER.

Giving such regular assistance apart from being against Christian [and maybe other religious] teachings also promotes CORRUPTION and perennial UNDER-DEVELOPMENT of the society. This is very evident when one compares our still PRIMITIVE African societies to those oyinbo places we are fleeing to.

This bold!

''We should STOP simply giving money to our relations who are able bodied and so can work and earn a living.''

Best Comment I've ever seen on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by Theophinio(m): 10:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
ayobase:
this reminds me of my father.
my father can sell his clothes and belongings to help people.

he even helps people at the detriment of his family sometimes. be believes we should understand than the needy.

he has done weddings for people.
he has beeb paying school fees.
setting up biz for people
even paying house rents

a whole lot.......

well, I wanna thank God cos God has been helping him so far. he lacks nothing.

but when trouble came, nobody even called let alone of someone coming to abuja to know what the problem was.

at a point, people were giving us money to survive....people from church, at work, and some friends.........nobody from the family.

na dem I know sey i gat no family to run to when the chips are down.

if you are sugar, people will surely lick you finish.

to ur tent oh ye isreal..

My parents are like this
But God cannot abandon those who constantly give arms
They will surely be justified
Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by ayobase(m): 6:50am On Feb 07, 2017
Theophinio:

My parents are like this
But God cannot abandon those who constantly give arms
They will surely be justified

He was justified indeed.

And he is way higher and better than where he was in year 2014.

I have instinctively learned to be compassionate and God-fearing via his way of life - My role model.
Re: Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives by Theophinio(m): 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
ayobase:

He was justified indeed.

And he is way higher and better than where he was in year 2014.

I have instinctively learned to be compassionate and God-fearing via his way of life - My role model.
That's Good
Hoping you impact this Great Virtues to the Next Generation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herbert Wigwe Wife Biography, Children, Net Worth / How's Your Relationship With Your Siblings? Toxic Or Healthy? / Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.