Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess (42176 Views)

I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? / Muslim Man Buries Wife And Children Alive For Reading The Bible / Muslim Murders Wife For Reading Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Eddibloc(m): 5:28am On Jul 31, 2014
Is it nw a crime 2 study God's word??..kia, na wah oooh
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 31, 2014
aminho: if it is in a muslim country hell would have been boiling evry agbero will be insulting them but sinceits the almighty US OF A its not a big deal i weep for nigerians

If it were a Muslim country,the boy would have been beheaded or stoned to death or facing such a punishment but here they are planning a lawsuit because it shouldn't happen
That is the beauty of democracy vs Islam
The difference between civility and barbarism

11 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by gebest: 5:34am On Jul 31, 2014
Mynd44:
If this is not his first warning, he should have obeyed or atleast found another school.

Imagine the chaos and confusion if everyone took their religion to school.

I doubt most of you people here will want your child/ward to sit beside a boy who comes to school with Juju if his parents are Pagans.
u must be judahism, is it not?
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by pelvicky(m): 5:36am On Jul 31, 2014
God where your face dey
Imagine,suspending him
why d hatred for christain like dis..
Islamic terrorist dominate d whole world and threating christain lifes

God are you still there,,if it is our sin,consider d few holy people like u consider moses for the peole of israelites during those days
*weeping*

2 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 31, 2014
jayseehe:
what about unreasonable demands made by Nigerian Christian schools; were going to church is compulsory

That too is thrash! Wrong is wrong irrespective of who does it.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by RayMcBlue(m): 5:39am On Jul 31, 2014
I don't think this story is true. Such incidents don't happen in the United States for obvious reasons: a direct violation of the first amendment.

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 31, 2014
[size=18pt]The story is not true,in a search to hear from a credible news source,I found this[/size]

Submitted by Natalie Gross on July 21, 2014 - 2:54pm

A recent article by The News Nerd claims Plainview Middle School student Joshua Patterson was suspended for reading his Bible at recess after being told several times he was not allowed to practice his religion during school hours.

Now, Joshua's parents are reportedly threatening a lawsuit against the district for violating their son's Constitutional rights.

But this is the first Plainview Independent School District has heard of the situation -- a story that just isn't true.
[size=18pt]
"There is no school here named Plainview Middle School, as far as I know there is not a student by that name, and I can say with great assurance we would never suspend a child for reading a Bible," Director of Communications Jan Seago -- who so graciously responded to my email while on vacation -- said Monday. [/size]

According to The News Nerd website, "The stories posted on The NewsNerd are for entertainment purposes only. The stories may mimic articles found in the headlines, but rest assured they are purely satirical."

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog-post/natalie-gross/2014-07-21/school-district-says-story-plainview-boy-suspended#.U9nJJ9q9KSM

6 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Opiosko: 5:46am On Jul 31, 2014
Mynd44:
His own time, yes. But school regulations........

No one asked you not to be Christian, they just don't want religious stuff in school.
I guess u are not really giving a thought to ur logic.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 31, 2014
[size=28pt]Thread closed[/size]
Anyone posting after this needs to see psychia
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Rogers210(m): 5:50am On Jul 31, 2014
If that is the school policy, then the kid doesn't have a case. Since some schools will force you to observe their religion as a matter of policy, some should also have the right to say say no to religion. It's simple.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by listica(m): 5:51am On Jul 31, 2014
May God have mercy on us,WARNING..... ,God is watching us
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Sijo01(f): 5:57am On Jul 31, 2014
This is obviously another sign of end time.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by rexzqcom(m): 5:59am On Jul 31, 2014
rozayx5:

Don't mind the hypocrites undecided

There is nothing hypocritical about it. Your religion is your private business. If you want you ward to study religion send him or her to a mission school, not government school. That is what separation of state and religion is about. Prayers are not allowed in government,integrated , and most private schools except the parochial schools. There are seminary school for those religiously inclined. You are not allowed to pollute young innocent minds with yours benedictory indoctrination. This family is fighting a losing battle.

mstik: I thought there was freedom of religion in the US

Yes, there is freedom of religions. One man's meat, is another man's poison. People also have right not to be religious.
So why bring your religion's cabbage/baggage to public space, if you are not fishing for trouble? This rule is what stemmed
religions fanatics upheavals in the society.

3 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by unmask: 5:59am On Jul 31, 2014
as usual the unthinking Nigerian religious gladiators have begun to run their mouth.......isn't it in the same bible that they said give unto cesar what belongs to cesar? If the school said no bible reading for tangible reasons, why should the boy disobey? If witches and wizards started bringing their crafts to school, what will you guys say?

7 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by 9jahubcom(m): 6:01am On Jul 31, 2014
na wa o
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by JaaizTech: 6:01am On Jul 31, 2014
What of if He had been reading the Quran?? What would the comments have read like here: hmmm bunch of nairaland hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by nifton(m): 6:02am On Jul 31, 2014
sunnyshayne: Kai, US is taking something's too far. Anyway they've succeeded in making that boy a celebrity. If they disturb that boy too much please let him seek for asylum in Nigeria o.
yes sure the world will neva forget his name Joshua Patterson.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by jude33084(m): 6:03am On Jul 31, 2014
jayseehe:
what about unreasonable demands made by Nigerian Christian schools; were going to church is compulsory

Is this not what Boko are rams are fighting for

....I see a pattern lol cheesy

WELL BACK TO THE TOPIC, IT DID NOT HAPPEN!
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Weah96: 6:04am On Jul 31, 2014
[size=20pt]Which part of the word SATIRE do you ppl not understand? This event didn't occur. It was made up to generate traffic to a web address. [/size]
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by LeJeun3: 6:06am On Jul 31, 2014
grin
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by jude33084(m): 6:06am On Jul 31, 2014
JaaizTech: What of if He had been reading the Quran?? What would the comments have read like here: hmmm bunch of nairaland hypocrites.

Reading the Bible or Quoran during break should be allowed.

No sane people will fight over that?

THE STORY IS JUST A MADE UP ONE
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by tintingz(m): 6:07am On Jul 31, 2014
It is also a problem in the white land, people complaining about Muslim girls wearing hijab to school should keep shut. smiley
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 31, 2014
I can only imagine how differently this thread would have turned out if it was 'Boy suspended from school for reading Quran during recess'.

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 31, 2014
JaaizTech: What of if He had been reading the Quran?? What would the comments have read like here: hmmm bunch of nairaland hypocrites.
Lol. I just saw this after posting mine.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Basilebo: 6:11am On Jul 31, 2014
This is obviously;-( suspend him 4 wat...this things you are doing there is God...ooo
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Elgaxton(m): 6:15am On Jul 31, 2014
America! God's own Country tongue
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by jude33084(m): 6:16am On Jul 31, 2014
tintingz: It is also a problem in the white land, people complaining about Muslim girls wearing hijab to school should keep shut. smiley

A whole new level! Hijab is worst.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by englishmart(m): 6:16am On Jul 31, 2014
The proprietor of the school / school leaders are Muslims.
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by ephemm(m): 6:23am On Jul 31, 2014
nnamdibig:
School officials say the student was warned several times that he could not practice religion during school hours, but refused to comply. A letter was sent home to the child’s parents warning them that Joshua could be suspended or even expelled if he continued this behavior...
This parents are deformed, they even bring reproach to the Christianity the pretend to practise, there are several other schools that would allow religion to be practised during school hours, why disobey constituted authority?
Romans 13:
Let every person be subordinate to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been established by God.
Therefore, whoever resists authority opposes what God has appointed, and those who oppose it will bring judgment upon themselves.

If every student is allowed to practise religion during school hours, can U imagine the chaos that may follow?!
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by iliasaa(m): 6:27am On Jul 31, 2014
aminho: if it is in a muslim country hell would have been boiling evry agbero will be insulting them but since its the almighty US OF A its not a big deal i weep for nigerians
in fact am surprised the way ppl are commenting. if it involves Islam or muslim , u going think say na devil go snatch there love ones

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Engen(m): 6:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Weah96:

And then coercing them into adopting the image of an attractive white male as the object of prayers. It's the Trojan horse all over again.

And make them believing everything that happens to them bad or good is because of their Faith in God
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Kalvan: 6:33am On Jul 31, 2014
fr3do: Satanic people
If it were a material that has "There is no God" boldly crested on it, They would have no qualms.

There is no god.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Inside Bishop Isaac Idahosa’s N2.5 Billion Illumination Assembly Church / 2019 Prophecies By Prophet Ekong Ituen / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begs Apostle Suleman: "Please Forgive My Daughter"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.