Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife (3573 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. / Who's Responsibility Is It To Teach Sex Education? Parents Or Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
softsparkyy:
Lol but seriously some wives dey fvck up.
Lol.....No be anybody responsibility to pound my dear, na simple understanding. I dey vex say the woman dey talk am for their visitor front. The man pounding the yam does not make him less a man, it is when she makes it the responsibility of the man to be pounding the yam that's when road don bend be that. cheesy
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy:
I know right?
He's as far from traditionalist as they come.
We've never even talked about poundo before.
Which reminds me
I'll raise the topic and ask him if he likes it.
Maybe he's never asked because he feels it'll be a lot of trouble for me.

Yup you can ask him just to know.
But I doubt he may like it any more than you do, because if he did you would know. Men just can't hide the foods we like.

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by 2CatWoman: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
dotuna3: Is very funny yesterday when i make visit to a family.Though i went to the husband's office and from there he said we are going to his new house he just moved to.Getting home we met the wife and jokingly they said they will give me a good meal and i said i will prefer pounded yam since am just coming into their new apartment not knowing i don cause kasala . After the wife finished putting the yam on fire and the yam is done she called her husband for the pounding the hushand responded with eheeennnnn wetin? i should come and pound what? is like you are sick, is it because i sometime help you in pounding yam?.the woman responded with " how will tell me that is it my duty as a woman to be pounding it after i put it on fire? where do you want me to see the power? is that how uncle seun use to do to his wife?'. for my mind i know i don cause wahala so i said they should not worry i will do the pounding since i get power. lol.

but my qusetion is. who is to do the pounding, the woman or the man?

That line gave me the impression that the man of this household usually pounds the yam but did not want to open himself up to potential embarassment.

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
2sExy1: shocked shocked shocked

sorry, I didn't read the OP before commenting. I no even know say na husband and wife thing sef. I was just speaking based on normal context that involved me, my younger sister and you don't expect me to allow my mum pound na.

So, my apologies once again.

If na wife, it depends o. But in the context of the OP, the wife fvck up. She should have done it codedly.

Like the husband pointed out, na because him dey help her do am and most people often abuse privilege of that kind.
Abeg come pound this yam now now, my friend dey wait and the yam don over done. grin
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by dotuna3(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
MzMariah: Abeg come pound this yam now now, my friend dey wait and the yam don over done. grin
LOL. no respect added. na ur mouth u go use pound d yam ooo..
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
MzMariah: Lol.....No be anybody responsibility to pound my dear, na simple understanding. I dey vex say the woman dey talk am for their visitor front. The man pounding the yam does not make him less a man, it is when she makes it the responsibility of the man to be pounding the yam that's when road don bend be that. cheesy
Exactly!!! Will she die or will her hand bend if she pound the yam just that day for her husband's visitor . That's why most times some people no dey like help out at all so they won't be taken for granted.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: Where do u come from? wink
Edo(Benin) + IGBO = ME

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
softsparkyy:
Exactly!!! Will she die or will her hand bend if she pound the yam just that day for her husband's visitor . That's why most times some people no dey like help out at all so they won't be taken for granted.
Yes na. Sometimes my dad cooks for the family out of his own will. Till today my dad go to the market especially when he goes for night duty, he would stop at the market and buy foods stuffs then bring it home for us to cook, that does not mean mum will say it is dad's responsibility to go to the market every time na, dad still gets his full respect. After them go say divorce rate dey increase. grin
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
dotuna3:
LOL. no respect added. na ur mouth u go use pound d yam ooo..
Lol.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by repogirl(f): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmmn, for me I think she should have asked him if he was going to pound it before putting it on fire...... also she shouldn't have said it like in front of a visitor, men are proud and the husband will think the visitor will be like so this is how the man cooks for his wife.

my husband helps me cook sometimes, like yesterday evening, I prepared all the ingredients down and texted him asking if he would want to cook the okra soup, he prepares his in a special way and I still haven't gotten it, he replied affirmative and came home.

I would never approach him in front of a friend to ask him to cook because the friend might read funny meanings into it and I don't just assume he'll do it, I ask because I know he might be busy or not in the mood.

so it's not really anyone's duty to pound, some men like my father never for once pounded yam, so my mom did it. I dnt have to pound yam in mt house anyway as my husband is allergic to it.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by cococandy(f): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ok
2sExy1: Edo(Benin) + IGBO = ME
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by dotuna3(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
repogirl: Hmmmn, for me I think she should have asked him if he was going to pound it before putting it on fire...... also she shouldn't have said it like in front of a visitor, men are proud and the husband will think the visitor will be like so this is how the man cooks for his wife.

my husband helps me cook sometimes, like yesterday evening, I prepared all the ingredients down and texted him asking if he would want to cook the okra soup, he prepares his in a special way and I still haven't gotten it, he replied affirmative and came home.

I would never approach him in front of a friend to ask him to cook because the friend might read funny meanings into it and I don't just assume he'll do it, I ask because I know he might be busy or not in the mood.

so it's not really anyone's duty to pound, some men like my father never for once pounded yam, so my mom did it. I dnt have to pound yam in mt house anyway as my husband is allergic to it.

Wao I must tell u dis. U get brain nice one
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by beeevan: 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
If you visit my house and demand pounded yam, i will tell you flatly that I don't pound yam. I hate guests that decides to be an inconvenience to their host.

Anyway such guest no fit enter my house cool.

@ post,The woman that accepted pounding yam for you should have pounded it.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
beeevan: If you visit my house and demand pounded yam, i will tell you flatly that I don't pound yam. I hate guests that decides to be an inconvenience to their host.

See shakara.

When your inlaws come and they demand, you would tell them FLATLY you don't pound grin

2 Likes

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by beeevan: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
onirugbon1:

See shakara.

When your inlaws come and they demand, you would tell them FLATLY you don't pound grin

Yes, anything I can't do, i say i can't, no one will kill me for that. Dying in silence is not my thing.

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by 2CatWoman: 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
^^^^
Why would you make demands in someone elses house
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by GboyegaD(m): 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Whoever that can pound with less stress should do it. There are better things to think about than who pounds yam.

In this case however, I blame the couple because they should have told the guest they were not willing to pound rather than put the yam on fire and then create pressure when it was time to pound. OP you get mind ooo. Go person house dey demand pounded yam instead of poundo. Good luck to you but no try am everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
2CatWoman: ^^^^
Why would you make demands in someone elses house

That's how it has been. They always expect you take very good care of them
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
beeevan:

Yes, anything I can't do, i say i can't, no one will kill me for that. Dying in silence is not my thing.

Oh ok you don't pound at all.
I thought you could but just don't want to be inconvinienced by a guest.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by beeevan: 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
onirugbon1:

Oh ok you don't pound at all.
I thought you could but just don't want to be inconvinienced.

I could but can't be inconvenienced.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
That's what Poundo Yam Flour is for! Simple and Easy! Ain't nobody got time to be pounding any yam!

I can cook anything and everything, but that pounding business ain't my business. undecided
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by xcitedjay(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
May I not mistakenly marry a woman that can't pound yam, amen. Poundo yam is for when she is not around or she's genuinely incapable. If she knows how to pound yam then she'll definitely know how to "pound".
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
funny question...how will my husband b pounding yam??...dat one na beginning of craze
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
xcitedjay: May I not mistakenly marry a woman that can't pound yam, amen. Poundo yam is for when she is not around or she's genuinely incapable. If she knows how to pound yam then she'll definitely know how to "pound".
...lol...
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
ThoniaSlim: That's what Poundo Yam Flour is for! Simple and Easy! Ain't nobody got time to be pounding any yam!

I can cook anything and everything, but that pounding business ain't my business. undecided
my dear,i pray say make u no marry dos ekiti pple....cos u go pound yam like say deres no tomoro...
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Why should they be arguing in your presence?
If she wanted his help she should have a way of signaling him. I see a rude woman thats all.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Op next time wey you go person house never you ask of pounded yam again, drink only water.
you hear?
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by ireneidiva(f): 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
softsparkyy:
Lol but seriously some wives dey fvck up.
Smh

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
The pesin wey the pounded yam hungry pass na im go pound am.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by dotuna3(m): 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2: Why should they be arguing in your presence?
If she wanted his help she should have a way of signaling him. I see a rude woman thats all.

Tohhhh na so oo u've spoken well faaa
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
As a guest , sometimes be considerate in your request. Check the situation and demand something that won't take a toll on your host. Things like pounded yam is a great deal. Unless of cos they offered to you.
I normally tell my host what we could offer or tell you point blank that we can't get this if it will inconvenience us.

However, on your case. You did a wrong thing by requesting for pounded yam. Na there you wan chop your last meal?
The husband too did a wrong by telling the wife to pound yam instead of asking her if she had the strength for such.

The wife too would have told the hubby she couldnt before putting the yam on fire .

Above all, we human should sometimes put ourselves in peoples shoes. It will reduce a lot of unforeseen problems.

Op, this your long throat go land you for problem one day.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
beeevan: If you visit my house and demand pounded yam, i will tell you flatly that I don't pound yam. I hate guests that decides to be an inconvenience to their host.

but if you visited someone and they offered you the same pounded yam, you go wash hand chop am abi?

People sef. "I hate guest that decide to be an inconvenience to their host"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World’s Tallest Couple Recognized By Guinness World Records / Should She Call Of The Wedding? / Mistake Of Getting Married To A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.