Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Which One Ought To Comes First: Good Governance Or Patriotism? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which One Ought To Comes First: Good Governance Or Patriotism? (381 Views)

PDP Calls For Patriotism….urges Respect For President Buhari / Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism / Foolishness Or Patriotism(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which One Ought To Comes First: Good Governance Or Patriotism? by MyLot(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
I heard a prominent politician said Nigerians should copy Americans in the area of their patriotism and that we should put Nigeria first in everything.

I thought about the definition of patriotism and I came up with this; Patriotism is the loyal duty of citizens to the government that has performed its constitutional duties to them.

That then makes me ask all Nairalanders; should patriotism come before good governance or the latter should usher in patriotism?

What's your take?

(1) (Reply)

IF U ARE NOT SUPPORTING JONATHAN IN 2015 CLICK HERE / Must Read: In These Best And Worst Of Times, By Tolu Ogunlesi / Stop Using Chibok Girls For Political Advantage – Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.