Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism (50669 Views)

BBC Laments Over Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity As #End fuel crisisnow Trends / Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by mrmetoo1: 5:24pm On May 24, 2015
There are still patriotic Nigerians among the political cadre as the Managing Director and CEO of Capital oil held a press release today to announce the resumption of loading of PMS at his jetty despite a collective sabotage by oil transporters to stop loading which resulted in the alarming strike hitting the nation now. Fuel is now bought at N200 in some states while some can’t even find to buy. Read his press release below:

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen of the press!

On Saturday 16th May 2015, we received an SMS ordering the suspension of loading activities in all depots from Monday 18th May 2015. We later realized that this directive was as a result of unpaid funds owed to transporters by oil marketers who in turn are owed by the Federal Government. This development has resulted in immense hardship to our fellow country men and women. We believe that a better solution can be pursued towards solving this problem in a way that does not adversely affect our dear citizens.

Capital Oil and Gas has watched with so much pain, the suffering and hardship our citizens have been subjected to as a result of scarcity of petrol, diesel, aviation fuel and house hold kerosene. We are deeply pained to hear that hospitals cannot perform surgeries, laboratories are unable to carry out much needed tests especially for emergency patients leaving such patients at risk of dying, radio stations are shutting down, communication is being affected as MTN and other telecommunications company have announced an impending shut down while homes, offices and key facilities nationwide are experiencing blackouts. In some parts of the country, petrol is already selling at an all-time high of N1,000 per litre. Our citizens have left their homes and are now sleeping in fuel stations, facing the risk of robbery attacks and other attendant risk.

In a few days’ time, a new government headed by General Muhamadu Buhari will be sworn in. Apart from our citizens being unable to watch the handover on television and unavailability of transportation for attendees of this historic handover, the resulting chaos from this scarcity may shutdown the Nation and sabotage the efforts Nigeria has made to attain greater heights.

We are constrained at this point and have decided that two wrongs cannot make a right. We will not be part of this sabotage against our fatherland. Therefore from this minute, we shall take the risk of opening our facilities and commence swift loading and distribution of products Nationwide.

Our facility has the capacity to load over 13 million litres of product before dawn. This comes to approximately 400 trucks of petroleum products. With this act, it is our belief that once again our citizens will begin to smile, return to normal family and work life. We call on other petroleum marketers to follow suit and save our Nation from this impending economic and social crisis. This is a period that requires patriotism and service to fatherland. Let’s join hands to help our fellow citizens and save Nigeria. We also call on striking bodies to call off the strike action. Let us work together for the betterment of our people.

As we brief you this moment, our truck park, port reception facilities and our depot complex have been ordered opened. We are ordering and resuming discharge of products from vessels at our berths. We have ordered our trucks to commence loading of products and move overnight to every state of the Federation.

Most importantly, we wish to use this medium to thank NNPC and PPMC for their steadfastness in ensuring the availability of petroleum products. Current PPMC stock level in our storage tanks and buffer stock on vessels awaiting discharge at our jetty is capable of meeting the Nation’s need for 15 days.

Furthermore, we wish to emphasis that we have a total solution to the traffic menace on the oshodi apapa expressway. In the coming weeks, we hope to engage the Federal Government (Federal Ministry of Transport), Lagos State Government and other stakeholders in the affected area, to optimally utilize our truck park facilities which has the capacity to accommodate over 1,100 trucks per time and 5,000 on a shift basis.

Capital Oil and Gas continues to appeal to Nigerians to accept and support deregulation as this will curb corruption, enhance competition, lead to reduction of pump price for petroleum products and ensure constant supply to meet Nigeria’s demand.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah

Managing Director/CEO

Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited

Lagos, Sunday 24th May 2015
http://reportsafrique.com/2015/05/breaking-ifeanyi-ubah-rises-to-end-fuel-scarcity-a-rare-act-of-patrotism/

195 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by dunkem21(m): 5:25pm On May 24, 2015
Ifeanyichukwu be anyi ..Ihe eji mara dike na dimkpa eruola. Did you survive the lagoon

I beg you to forgive and direct your vessels to Lagos and ameliorate the sufferings there grin

Akwa ha metu gi n'obi ..gbaghara nna a grin

210 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:26pm On May 24, 2015
Let there be me & there was me..
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by missKiffy(f): 5:27pm On May 24, 2015
Good one

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:27pm On May 24, 2015
Let me see any heediot that will insult ifeanyi ubah in this forum

200 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by Excelboi(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2015
Lovely...

10 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by PassingShot(m): 5:29pm On May 24, 2015
Nice move.

This man will very soon realize how this good gesture will go a long way at redeeming his not so good image.

Lalasticlala please do the needful.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by OduaVanguard: 5:32pm On May 24, 2015
Great gesture from ifeanyi. But on a lighter note: Is Uba a Nigerian or Biafran? ? Since the OP attributes the gesture to his patriotism? cheesy

@Ezenwammadu: Personally I don't trust his motives, even though I commend and welcome the gesture as it will go a long way in alleviating the sufferings of the common man.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by omenka(m): 5:32pm On May 24, 2015
Trojan Horse.

That is NEVER gonna stop you from going to jail if found guilty of any offence Mr.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by UnknownT: 5:33pm On May 24, 2015
SAI CAPITAL

19 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by Super1Star: 5:33pm On May 24, 2015
Trying to buy goodwill against Friday, despite the campaign of calumny he ran for GEJ.

Nice move, but we can see through your intention. Buhari will come for oil marketing thieves, it cannot be worse than this.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:34pm On May 24, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
pls, let me begin:

shey the guy blind eye, e just dey see say we dey suffer?

abi e never reach almost one month since all of them hoarded dem PMS?

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by gregg2: 5:36pm On May 24, 2015
[size=20pt]May God bless
Ifeanyi Uba
[/size]

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by OduaVanguard: 5:36pm On May 24, 2015
Ezenwammadu:

Personally I don't trust his motives, even though I commend and welcome the gesture as it will go a long way in alleviating the sufferings of the common man.

24 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by OkuDiOver1(f): 5:37pm On May 24, 2015
Front page loading. . . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by otokx(m): 5:37pm On May 24, 2015
He should direct his attention to Lagos State first since they are nearer him.

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by modath(f): 5:37pm On May 24, 2015
I do not like Ifeanyi Ubah primarily because of his Amcon/Capital oil deal and the TAN nightmare he created, but ...I say well done...

Even if this is being done with ulterior motives, that premature babies will not die in incubators is enough for me to do away with my misgivings!!

Jonathan, can now see he is on his own..

To this people, its back to business as usual and all the TAN ish was not out of any special love for him!!!

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by kenedy175(m): 5:37pm On May 24, 2015
Some may not like him. But the man has tried. Nice move from Him.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by Firefire(m): 5:38pm On May 24, 2015
Interesting...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:38pm On May 24, 2015
If he likes he could give it out without taking money, he will still face trial. The Ribadu report of 2012 will be revisited.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by dunkem21(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2015
dearpreye ..This is exactly what am saying ..

Multiply 13 million litres by N100 alone ..and see why the info to remove subsidy should be discreet and classified.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by otokx(m): 5:41pm On May 24, 2015
He was silent on the pump price.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by Beremx(f): 5:42pm On May 24, 2015
Please he should go ahead. Nigerians have suffered so much hardship on the fuel crises.

May God bless him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by socialmediaman: 5:42pm On May 24, 2015
kenedy175:
Some may not like him. But the man has tried. Nice move from Him.

He will never be liked by many, Nigerians are waiting to know the extent to which he nearly destroyed this country and caused hardships on millions of Nigerians. These last minute stunts will not save him, trust me

19 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by fitzmayowa: 5:44pm On May 24, 2015
I hope other marketers will follow suit...

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 24, 2015
Nice one from Anyiego.
Hope Akiolu wont regret not drowning him in lagoon?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
If he likes he could give it out without taking money, he will still face trial. The Ribadu report of 2012 will be revisited.
if he faces trial,what happens to OBJ,IBB,TY DANJUMA,OTEDOLA,GEJ,TA ORJI and other known criminals?

62 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by smada13(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2015
Nigerians!!! una sabi talk with both sides of una mouth....well...

I'm not left out though......Ifeanyi Uba is searching for a soft landing...Alas, the ground is filled with gravel, thanks and no thanks to Daddy Buhari......

Nigeria must be great again...

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by biafransoul: 5:47pm On May 24, 2015
God bless the Igbo man; The true patriots

38 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2015
finniblinks:
if he faces trial,what happens to OBJ,IBB,TY DANJUMA,OTEDOLA,GEJ,TA ORJI and other known criminals?
Go read the report.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 24, 2015
Great

Igbo kwenu yaah...anyway,release the fuel and we shall still probe all activities of oil marketers within 90days.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism by mrmetoo1: 5:50pm On May 24, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Great gesture from ifeanyi. But on a lighter note: Is Uba a Nigerian or Biafran? ? Since the OP attributes the gesture to his patriotism? cheesy

@Ezenwammadu: Personally I don't trust his motives, even though I commend and welcome the gesture as it will alleviate the sufferings of the common man.

Actually all I did was copy and paste. The patriotism bit is not my opinion. I'm just glad there's hope for some relief. What he should be referred to as maybe a patriot or an opportunist will be a topic for another day.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters / Labour Party Town Hall Meeting In Kano (pictures) / Presidency Visiting Nairaland Daily ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.