Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! (546 Views)

White Woman Vows To Continue Sending Money To An African Man She Hasn't Met / I Cheated On My Husband And I Plan To Continue / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by distancelove: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dear friends,

I need your honest advice.

I have been in a distance relationship for 3 and half years now. Things are not so well with me financially, I hardly get by with my salary but at least I try the little I can by frequently calling my girl and sending her little money and gifts when I can; though not consistently but I try my best.

If I have to get married tomorrow, she would be the one, but I have been battling with myself inside on how much longer she can wait. Most times she has needs but keeps it to herself in order not to make me worry. She's always encouraged me telling me everything is going to be fine. But the issue is that she also gets advice from friends and family; this gets her worried but she doesn't speak until we have a little friction and she unintentionally chips it in. She's just finished serving and not gotten a job yet.

We have been able to trust each other over these past years... But deep down inside me, I started feeling insecure like she's going to leave for someone else or she's already getting down with someone else. I have never had the cause to think this way until recently. The reason why, I don't know... Maybe because of the pressing needs she has which I cannot provide.

Really, I hate to feel this way. I hardly fall in love with someone, but when I do; it's crazy. I love this girl so so much that I can't imagine a life without her. But right now, I feel like I am holding her back and she could get someone who could really take good care of her. Another thing is that her sister despises me with disgust, I think this has also affected the relationship in a way even though we choose not to talk about it in order for peace to reign.

I had earlier on talked about my feelings with her and she felt like I was trying to push her away, this wasn't the intent though...

Your honest advice is needed.

1 Like

Re: Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by vizkiz: 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Brb with a solution to your problem, wanna charge my battery now
Re: Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by Eyop: 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
Brother, whatsoever is yours will remain yours. Just keep doing your thing,keep praying and believing God for the very best. Don't stress yourself all in the name of love. Since you mentioned that the babe in question knows the true position of things financially,then if she loves you,she will be patient for God's manifestation. Like i said earlier,if she's yours nothing will put asunder in your union. Good luck
Re: Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by Tymax(m): 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
This is why I don't like distance paroh. Na wa o. So much emotional turmoil.

3 Likes

Re: Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by distancelove: 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
vizkiz: Brb with a solution to your problem, wanna charge my battery now

Okay bro, would be waiting...
Re: Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by pasqal09: 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Long distance relationship, I don't believe in it. A waste of time if you ask me
Re: Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by distancelove: 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop: Brother, whatsoever is yours will remain yours. Just keep doing your thing,keep praying and believing God for the very best. Don't stress yourself all in the name of love. Since you mentioned that the babe in question knows the true position of things financially,then if she loves you,she will be patient for God's manifestation. Like i said earlier,if she's yours nothing will put asunder in your union. Good luck

Thanks for your comforting words.

Much appreciated.
Re: Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by distancelove: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
pasqal09: Long distance relationship, I don't believe in it. A waste of time if you ask me

We had always been together while in school bro...
Re: Distance Relationship - To Continue Or Not! by pasqal09: 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
distancelove:

We had always been together while in school bro...

Out of sight is out of mind,
I've been there bro, it wasn't nice at all

(1) (Reply)

Shock: 6hrs Wedding Ceremony Held For Amphibians / Pls Advise ASAP / Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.