Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,966 members, 7,855,914 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor (1010 Views)

Oyo Commissioner Of Police Consoles Bereaved Man, Gives Him Motorcycle (photo) / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum / Presidential Election: YBE Poll Gives Jonathan Marginal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by igbokwesampson(m): 6:50am On Aug 01, 2014
Parents of public secondary school students in Osun State, yesterday gave the government a five-day ultimatum to return boarding facilities to the schools where the facilities existed before the introduction of new education system by the present administration in the state.
The parents under the aegis of the Parents Teachers Association, PTA, threatened mass protest should the state government fail to return the boarding system before the end of the ultimatum.
Chairman of PTA in the state, Dr Ademola Ekundayo, who received protesting parents in his office in Osogbo, appealed for calm, saying their request would be channeled to the appropriate quarter.
The state government had in its Schools Reclassification Programme closed all the boarding facilities in public secondary schools in the state.
The parents however appeared uncomfortable with the new education system and called for a reversal of the system, urging the state government to return boarding system to public secondary schools in the state.
Meanwhile, the state government yesterday said the actual debt profile of the Governor Rauf Aregbesola-led administration wasN38 billion.
The opposition parties’ candidates, particularly the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Iyiola Omisore and Social Democratic Party, SDP, Elder Segun Akinwusi, the immediate past Head of Service in the state put the state debt at betweenN300bn and N400bn.
Commissioner for Finance, Budget Development and Economic Planning, Wale Bolorunduro, said the figure represented the loans and bonds taken by the government and the money owed contractors handling various ongoing projects in the state, adding that the situation was not gloomy as the state was ranked among the five least indebted states in the country based on the record of the Debt Management Office (DMO), Abuja.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/aregbesola-gets-5-day-ultimatum-over-boarding-schools/

Meanwhile the Osun State political landscape was yesterday rocked with opinion polls projecting the two major candidates, Governor Rauf Aregbesola of the APC and Senator Iyiola Omisore of the PDP leading in two different opinion polls.
While the survey handled by MRS one of the nation’s leading polling agencies put Aregbesola in clear lead among likely voters, the one projecting Omisore was purportedly conducted by the United States Agency for International Development, USAID. Aregbesola’s supporters were quick to pounce on the information to rubbish the poll pprojecting Omisore which was being circulated on social media as a fabrication as they claimed that the USAID, a development agency, is not known to be into poll research.
“I worked for the US government for more than ten years and I can clearly tell you that what is being circulated on social media is hogwash,” one Aregbesola canvasser said yesterday.
In the poll released by TNS-MRS, a member of the Gallup International, the APC and its candidate were projected to be leading by as much as 73% in terms of voters support.
“The APC continues to dominate the political landscape in Osun State judging by its performance on all key indicators evaluated: it scored highest and also increased in rating on first mention, sympathy, and voting intention,” the research firm said in its final report on the poll conducted between June and the third week of July.
Omisore was accredited with 19% of the votes according to the polling report made available to the press yesterday.
According to the study, the incumbent governor, Rauf Aregbesola, is the candidate of choice by Osun voters with a 73% lead over other candidates. This is a clear indication that the choice of Osun voters in the next governorship race is Governor Rauf Aregebsola. Meanwhile, Senator Iyiola Omisore of the PDP comes a far distant second, polling 19% representing a 2% decline from the earlier survey.
“The incumbent (Governor Rauf Aregbesola) remains (the) main voting choice. Voting choice for Senator Omisore declined by 2% and seem not to pose a threat to the incumbent’s chances of re-election as he remains firmly ahead of the race,” TSN-RMS said in its report.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/mrs-poll-puts-aregbesola-ahead/

Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 01, 2014
let us wait and see if they like let them give aregbesola 100% , I trust Osun people

2 Likes

Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by Jellyjust: 7:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Even though I don't like ogbeni's leadership style and policies but I don't see Omisore winning(not prophesying oooo) . With the look of things, he doesn't enjoy much popularity, I think choosing him was the biggest mistake PDP has made recently, cause a popular candidate would have flushed ogbeni out because Osun people are not happy with his administration's policies like delayed workers salaries, school merger, use of hijab, use of charms, unified school uniform, indebtedness of the state , the Orunmila status etc. But still the prefer him to Omisore accused of the murder of Bola Ige. Time will tell sha

1 Like

Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by ola6: 7:33am On Aug 01, 2014
Jellyjust: Even though I don't like ogbeni's leadership style and policies but I don't see Omisore winning(not prophesying oooo) . With the look of things, he doesn't enjoy much popularity, I think choosing him was the biggest mistake PDP has made recently, cause a popular candidate would have flushed ogbeni out because Osun people are not happy with his administration's policies like delayed workers salaries, school merger, use of hijab, use of charms, unified school uniform, indebtedness of the state , the Orunmila status etc. But still the prefer him to Omisore accused of the murder of Bola Ige. Time will tell sha

Same thing was said about Fayose. No bi Nairaland again?! Let's wait and see. APC MUST leave the SW. Awon Boko haram.
Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by Zionope: 7:35am On Aug 01, 2014
August 9 is near, no need for survey polls again. The real poll is here already.
Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2014
A whopping 73% for Rauf? This is a clear indication that vacancy does not exist in Osun govt house. The verdict is "almost" unanimous!!!! Aregbesola is the People's man
Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by just9Girian: 7:49am On Aug 01, 2014
APC campaigning and winning elections online and the judiciary since the end of OBJ's presidency

2 Likes

Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by igbokwesampson(m): 8:27am On Aug 01, 2014
Jellyjust: Even though I don't like ogbeni's leadership style and policies but I don't see Omisore winning(not prophesying oooo) . With the look of things, he doesn't enjoy much popularity, I think choosing him was the biggest mistake PDP has made recently, cause a popular candidate would have flushed ogbeni out because Osun people are not happy with his administration's policies like delayed workers salaries, school merger, use of hijab, use of charms, unified school uniform, indebtedness of the state , the Orunmila status etc. But still the prefer him to Omisore accused of the murder of Bola Ige. Time will tell sha

About the killing of Bola Ige, only the Judiciary can prove that and as long as Nigerian still exist as an entity and the constitution still reigning supreme, he remains innocent untill proven guilty just like Fayose of Ekiti
Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 01, 2014
They have started again ooo! Exactly the same timing as that of Fayemi, when they said all sorts against Fayose...
Aug isn't far, PDP will win again

Btw, Osun people are to come out enmasse to receieve their share of good governance from Mr President + VP tomorrow.

GEJ till 2019
Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by Descartes: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Aregbe is in trouble grin
Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by Descartes: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Omisore was accredited with 19% of the votes according to the polling report made available to the press yesterday. grin grin
What a kangaroo poll shocked shocked
supporters of APC pulling out computer-generated-quasi figures since 2013. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: PTA Gives Aregbesola 5days Ultimatum Even As Poll Gives Him 73%lead Agnst Omisor by Energito11: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2014
Descartessmiley
Descartes: tongue

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP / I Had Sex With Five Dogs, Boy, 18, Tells Police / We've Disappointed Those Who Want Nigeria To Break 'kutigi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.