Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

“nigerian Women Need Affection Not Romance”…ladies, Do You Agree? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “nigerian Women Need Affection Not Romance”…ladies, Do You Agree? (553 Views)

7 Places Sex Starved Dudes Stylishly Romance Ladies / 10 Things Women Need To Stop Doing To Each Other! / My Sincere Advice To Romance Ladies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“nigerian Women Need Affection Not Romance”…ladies, Do You Agree? by OmiAdu(f): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yesterday, when I took my kids out for some pizza and ice-cream, I bumped into a friend’s husband. He was having a meal (not just any meal, a dish) all by himself and I asked him why he was ‘enjoying’ all by himself! He replied that he gives himself a treat once in a while. And I told him how I thought that was selfish of him considering the fact he was married. I asked if he ever thought of including his wife once in a while in this his ‘enjoyment’. And he said No. In all my many years of marriage, I have never actually thought of taking myself out until I noticed my very own ‘oga’ didn’t have issues giving himself a treat. And so I said to myself, “Why should I now be the one to slack?”

The conversation did not end there O! After I told him that his behaviour was very selfish and unromantic, he started ‘vexing’ and ‘vomiting’ that I sounded just like his wife! I said you see, so it’s not like I am just opening my mouth to talk. I asked him if he had ventured inviting his wife for this his ‘enjoyment’ and he said if he had asked her, she would have said she was busy! “Did you ask?” is the issue here…but No! I then asked him when last he did something romantic for his dear wife and that was when my friend’s husband decided to give me an ‘inaugural lecture on the difference between ROMANCE and AFFECTION!

Listen up wives, but in this case, look up and read well…Nigerian women do not need romance but affection. Women should stop asking for romance like teenagers, that what we really need is affection. Romance does not mean love but affection portrays it. That we should stop asking for ‘things’ that will not be beneficial to us and the rest of the family!I then asked him to differentiate between romance and affection.

This is what he had to say…Romance is just a temporary thing and sometimes a one-off excitement that cannot relieve his wife of stress. But in affection, he is able to cater to the needs of his wife, domestically and otherwise. Expressions of affection and not romance, are loving actions. The more of it, the better. He said he would rather offer a helping hand in domestic crisis when she calls for assistance, praise her when he feels she is doing well in her ‘department’ and keep her company if need be but as for showing romance…it’s a “No No!” Only teenagers do that!*Can you imagine?!*

I don’t see anything wrong in having both AFFECTION AND ROMANCE in the marriage. Having a spark once in a while is not a bad thing and being at my beck and call…doubly fantastic!

After all said and done, my dear friend’s husband got up and said he was off to watch a movie…all by himself! And in my bewildered state, I replied, “I hope you don’t enjoy the movie!”

Copied From - http://femmelounge.ng/
Re: “nigerian Women Need Affection Not Romance”…ladies, Do You Agree? by Sijo01(f): 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
I desire both. am I asking for to much
Re: “nigerian Women Need Affection Not Romance”…ladies, Do You Agree? by Genea(f): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
I want both
Re: “nigerian Women Need Affection Not Romance”…ladies, Do You Agree? by ifekemmy(f): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Both is needed in marriage, may God bless my marriage

(1) (Reply)

More Women Are Choosing To Have Sex Outside The Marriage Than Divorce / Please Be Honest, How Will You Feel If... / Thoughts Running Through My Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.