Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC (5996 Views)

Prof. Maurice Iwu's Fraudulent Claims About Ebola Cure / Intercontinental Bank Manager Offers Maurice Iwu N50million Bribe / Prof. Maurice Iwu-the Unverified Umpire With A Fake Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Demdem(m): 4:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
omenka: Bro keep to your precautionary measures and ignore all that bitter kola trash!! This is a 1999 article and the cure, if the trails on human were successful, would have long been available by now!! We are talking about 15years ago!!!

Some people: spreading false hopes since 1900AD angry

I agree with u. After 15yrs, it will be good to know how Iwu has gone so far.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by omenka(m): 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
Someone who's into bitter kola trade must have exhumed this report that is 15 years old already, and is trying so hard to up their sales, hike the price of their commodity, and rip off Nigerians!!

Nigerians, Beware!!!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by hushmail: 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
caseless: my God! A pharmacist by profession and he dumped that to head inec? Wetin join pharmacy with election? Na only 4 nigeria, carpenter de be chief medical director of a hospital and, zoologist as a president. No wonder things no de work 4 nigeria.

bros i 2 wan know wetin concern election wt pharmacologist
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Caseless: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
hushmail:

bros i 2 wan know wetin concern election wt pharmacologist
me sef taya.
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Caseless: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
omenka: Someone who's into bitter kola trade must have exhumed this report that is 15 years old already, and is trying so hard to up their sales, hike the price of their commodity, and rip off Nigerians!!

Nigerians, Beware!!!
grin
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Gbawe: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Gbawe: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
Maurice Iwu is a fraudster who likely packaged this Ebola "cure" to obtain 'research funds'. He announced the "cure" in 1999 and till today zilch after he collected money upn the promise that his "cure" will be produced "in no time" if financial help was forthcoming. Can a "cure" have been found in 1999 and still not a single patented delivery 15 years later for such a horrible disease the world is desperate to gain a cure for?

Nigerians should be ashamed of people like Iwu who make our children victim of negative stereotyping. Instead some clowns here are celebrating a fraudster and one even proclaiming ethnic superiority based on 'barawo' behaviour when a few seconds of research will reveal the history of Iwu to be about deception and fraud. Na real wa for Nigerians sha. Iwu is a wicked chap who simply exploited the desperation for a 'cure' to a horrible disease. He should be rejected by a society of decent and upright people.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=22394

Iwu’s past that forms part of our present & future

Prof. Maurice Iwu’s claim of having obtained an undergraduate degree from the University of Bradford as revealed by Saharareporters has now been topped by the University spokesperson indicating that Professor Iwu’s [Iwu] "undergraduate degree or certificate" from Cameroon as presented to the University was neither verified nor was Iwu’s graduate degree earned through in-class work. Iwu’s study at University of Bradford , asSaharareporters discovered was earned via research work (M.Pharm by research). However discrepancies in Iwu’s backgrounds appear to extend beyond his escapades in masking gaps in his educational qualifications. New information discovered bySaharareporters reveals the shady activities surrounding Maurice Iwu [Iwu] and his non-profit organization – Bioresources Development and Conservation Inc {BDCP} which Iwu founded and piloted as his research outfit since 1993.

[b]In 1999 at the 16th International Botanical Conference, Iwu made the announcement that he has found the cure for Ebola following his groundbreaking research under the auspices of his non-profit outfit-BDCP. Iwu indicated that Garcinia kola extract stopped the replication of the Ebola virus. He followed his proclamation with the call that "Our limiting factor is funds. If we have a sponsor, we can do it in no time." Judging from available information, Iwu received lots of monies towards the development of his findings. As Saharareporters discovered, Iwu received millions of dollars. BDCP financial earnings as stated in Form 990 which BDCP presented to the United States Internal Revenue Service {IRS}. According to the form, BDCP amassed through grants and donors the amount of $425,947 in 1999, $367,870 in 2001, $640,917 in 2002 and $980,771 in 2003– totaling over $2.4million. It also stated clearly on the form that all of the monies were spent for the purpose of "medical research on the use of African herb for medicine". However till date there appears no mention of further development of Garcinia kola extract to cure Ebola or any significant discoveries beyond some patents of which one of them was an"Alkaloids of Picralima Nitida used for treatment of Protozoal diseases" invented by Iwu et al., and assigned to the U.S. Secretary of the Army, Washington , D.C. U.S. Patent 5,290,553 issued March 1, 1994. Interestingly, neither U.S. nor European pharmaceutical houses have shown interest in following the leads.
[/b]
In Form 990 tax documents submitted to the US Government, Iwu and his partners made a deliberate effort to hide the members to their Board of Trustees by avoiding to list their names in the form as expected [by law]. In the Article of Amendment of BDCP – completed in November 1994, it listed five members of the Board of Directors as Iwu, Dr. Lisa Messerole, Cosmas N. Obialor, Thomas F. Tata, and Dr. Chris Okunji.

There is a wide gap between the money raised by Iwu’s research outfit AND the services it provided. The tax forms for the year 2004, 2005 and 2006, for example, appear missing, and all attempts to retrieve them from principal officers of BDCP met a brickwall. Attempts at contacting Iwu and his partner, Chris Okunji, did not yield results. Messages left for Okunji were not returned, including e-mails messages. The only time our investigators spoke to him at his office in Maryland, he promised to call back after a "crucial meeting" but never did. This dodgy behavior meshes with what a source, a colleague of Iwu at Nsukka with a Ph.D. in Pharmacy, told Saharareporters:

"I know that Iwu is not a Pharmacist! Knowing Iwu’s penchant for publicity, he would have been featuring in all activities of Pharmacists but no, he does not because he is not one of us. Prof. Maurice Iwu is not registered with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN). Iwu couldn’t have his way in the Faculty of Pharmacy, UNN to be Dean (the rules are clear on who qualifies to be Dean of a School of Pharmacy in Nigeri; you must hold a 1st degree in Pharmacy!). Prof. Iwu left to set up the Bioresources Conservation non-profit outfit that concentrated on herbal aspect of pharmacy is because it attracted a lot of funding from the US which he used to feather his nest".

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by stevecantrell: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
Garcinia alkaloids do posses antiviral properties. I can testify to that.
Prof Iwu is on to something, that's for sure.
Past embezzlement has made him fold up his company to avoid prosecution.
He'd rather enjoy the loot than do the hard work.
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by jmaine: 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
caseless: my God! A pharmacist by profession and he dumped that to head inec? Wetin join pharmacy with election? Na only 4 nigeria, carpenter de be chief medical director of a hospital and, zoologist as a president. No wonder things no de work 4 nigeria.

So a Zoologist is not fit to be a President ? What an unreasonable daft way of thinking !!

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Caseless: 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
jmaine:

So a Zoologist is not fit to be a President ? What an unreasonable daft way of thinking !!
ur paymaster has 'proven' that.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by jmaine: 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
Though this discovery is dated . . .More research should be ploughed into unravelling the mythical powers of Kola if at all it exist in the most minute forms.

In the research world, every literature matters whether active or dormant provided it hasn't been disputed to be false . . . .
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by jmaine: 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
caseless: ur paymaster has 'proven' that.

Another petty response that doesn't do justice to your vague and ignorant assertion.

It is obvious you are a novice to the immense contribution of Zoology in our biosphere and what it entails . . . .

Go and educate yourself . . . .

1 Like

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Caseless: 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
jmaine:

Another petty response that doesn't do justice to your vague and ignorant assertion.

It is obvious you are a novice to the immense contribution of Zoology in our biosphere and what it entails . . . .

Go and educate yourself . . . .
only if he had stayed in his field, i think i'd have appreciated him more. He wil make a good zoologist than a good president.
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by jmaine: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
caseless: only if he had stayed in his field, i think i'd have appreciated him more. He wil make a good zoologist than a good president.

Okay . . . .
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Gbawe: Maurice Iwu is a fraudster who likely packaged this Ebola "cure" to obtain 'research funds'. He announced the "cure" in 1999 and till today zilch after he collected money upn the promise that his "cure" will be produced "in no time" if financial help was forthcoming. Can a "cure" have been found in 1999 and still not a single patented delivery 15 years later for such a horrible disease the world is desperate to gain a cure for?

Nigerians should be ashamed of people like Iwu who make our children victim of negative stereotyping. Instead some clowns here are celebrating a fraudster and one even proclaiming ethnic superiority based on 'barawo' behaviour when a few seconds of research will reveal the history of Iwu to be about deception and fraud. Na real wa for Nigerians sha. Iwu is a wicked chap who simply exploited the desperation for a 'cure' to a horrible disease. He should be rejected by a society of decent and upright people.

supporter of APC alert!

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by maasoap(m): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
Maurice Iwu has always been a fraudster, from research grant to election, it has always been a sham.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Demdem(m): 5:05am On Aug 02, 2014
caseless: only if he had stayed in his field, i think i'd have appreciated him more. He wil make a good zoologist than a good president.

So true. Jonathan sucks in acts of governance
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Demdem(m): 5:11am On Aug 02, 2014
Gbawe: Maurice Iwu is a fraudster who likely packaged this Ebola "cure" to obtain 'research funds'. He announced the "cure" in 1999 and till today zilch after he collected money upn the promise that his "cure" will be produced "in no time" if financial help was forthcoming. Can a "cure" have been found in 1999 and still not a single patented delivery 15 years later for such a horrible disease the world is desperate to gain a cure for?

Thanks for shedding light to Iwu fraudulent acts.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Gbawe: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2014
Demdem:

Thanks for shedding light to Iwu fraudulent acts.

Iwu is the quintessential 'money above everything' charlatan. It appears there is nothing the scavenger will not do for money and this trait endeared him to the equally dubious Obasanjo who saw Iwu as the perfect candidate to help him conduct "the worst election in world history".

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Gbawe: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2014
maasoap: Maurice Iwu has always been a fraudster, from research grant to election, it has always been a sham.

Indeed. His total lack of conscience/decency was exactly the reason Obasanjo found him the perfect recruit to head his election heist.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Caseless: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2014
jmaine:

Okay . . . .
ah-an! For the first time, u ar agreeing with me. Wetin u see 2day nau?
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by waternogetenemy: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2014

Yoruba pull him down syndrome since 1200. I dey laff oh! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Empty vessel make the loudest noise, people are working am chair critics are typing.##

Who is productive and who is the monkey that wants to eat whilst the baboon work?

Yoruba, i hail oh.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by jmaine: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2014
caseless: ah-an! For the first time, u ar agreeing with me. Wetin u see 2day nau?

It was a fair post in line with "your" conviction and I decided to respect it.

I don't necessary need to accept your conviction , but I will respect your rights to have them devoid of all needless slurs attached to it.
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Caseless: 10:17am On Aug 02, 2014
Demdem:

grin
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
He is daft;but you are dumb..he iss clueless but you are useless..#demdem;sucking the transgender called berem' c0ck since 2012..
Demdem:

1 Like

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Demdem(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
tsolz84: He is daft;but you are dumb..he iss clueless but you are useless..#demdem;sucking the transgender called berem' c0ck since 2012..

Fool, thanks for letting all know that u are eternally useless.
Ewu, Jonathan till ur early grave.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
May amadioha and sango strike you with elephantiasis of the balls..I know u r daft..i am not concerned about your opinions ..I have dropped mine so u can talk as u like..You sound so frustrated but sorry I don't have time for losers and when I do i will let you know..
Demdem:

Fool, thanks for letting all know that u are eternally useless.
Ewu, Jonathan till ur early grave.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Demdem(m): 5:01am On Aug 03, 2014
tsolz84: May amadioha and sango strike you with elephantiasis of the balls..I know u r daft..i am not concerned about your opinions ..I have dropped mine so u can talk as u like..You sound so frustrated but sorry I don't have time for losers and when I do i will let you know..

Fool u're not concerned yet u simply cant resist quoting me, can't u see thar u are eternally cursed? The strike will come upon ur seeds, household and ur entire lineage. U fools will know no peace any longer.
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Descartes: 6:30am On Aug 03, 2014
whatlyf: Anybody can be President. It is not only Nigeria.

Obj should have deployed Iwu to Institute of Medical Research rather than destroying him and Nigeria by appointing him as INEC Boss
I wanted to reply and give him instances, just allowed him to wallow angry
There are very many of them.
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Descartes: 6:33am On Aug 03, 2014
Kudos to Professor Maurice Iwu. cool
Indeed Nigeria has great Minds
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 03, 2014
You are forevr cursed..that you didn't come out dumb from infancy is 8th world wonder;so much more from a product of experimental s3x between stupidity and dementia.. waste of ovum, space and oxygen. calling you a pig is disrespect to pigs world wide. calling you a world renowned dumb, is just for the case of lack of a proper adjective to quantify your gigantic stupidity that makes all world highest summit look like dwarfs.dont quote me again if you dont wanaa feel my wrath..may all the gods of epilepsy strike you and your wretch.ed family..
Demdem:

Fool u're not concerned yet u simply cant resist quoting me, can't u see thar u are eternally cursed? The strike will come upon ur seeds, household and ur entire lineage. U fools will know no peace any longer.
Re: Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC by Demdem(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2014
tsolz84: You are forevr cursed..that you didn't come out dumb from infancy is 8th world wonder;so much more from a product of experimental s3x between stupidity and dementia.. waste of ovum, space and oxygen. calling you a pig is disrespect to pigs world wide. calling you a world renowned dumb, is just for the case of lack of a proper adjective to quantify your gigantic stupidity that makes all world highest summit look like dwarfs.dont quote me again if you dont wanaa feel my wrath..may all the gods of epilepsy strike you and your wretch.ed family..

Fool, interesting to see the full details of how u were conceived and produced. So so pathetic.
Am very sure that the rest of ur lineage comes through the same process.
Amadioha and sapona isn't enough, u even called epilepsy to ur doorstep, Chai...
Now I can confirm that cursed are u all. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News; Patience Jonathan Is At It Again. / I Respect Igbos / Anambra, Afreximbank Sign $200m Development Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.