Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? (968 Views)

Woman Attempts Suicide Twice Because Her Lover Married Another Lady / Dwarf Couple Wed In Ebonyi At Catholic Church (Photos) / For Those Looking For Guys With 6 Packs,think Twice ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
You wedded before but unfortunately, the marriage didnt work out and so it crashed. Bible only permits one to "remarry" only in the event of "one's spouse death", but in a case where your spouse didnt die, can the same person wed a second time before the same congregation? If yes, is it right?

This was a serious argument. Let's talk it.
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by emmyw(m): 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
NO
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
emmyw: NO

Ok.

Meanwhile, 22views, 1post.

*observing*

Here seems like the wrong section. Mod., do your work and move it to Religion or Family Section.
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 02, 2014
Churches that are business will.
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by abdulahi001: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2014
YesNo
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by SugaryBelle(f): 10:34am On Aug 02, 2014
In my church, Yes,but only if your first spouse died,same for the person you want to marry.
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by xynerise: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2014
SugaryBelle: In my church, Yes,but only if your first spouse died,same for the person you want to marry.
Good reason.

Chris Okotie might prove you wrong though lipsrsealed
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by joseph1832(m): 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Yes ke! Chris Okotie dey do am wella.
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by Drdaps(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Op if you are rich, the answer is yes bcoz most of the pastors nowadays worship money
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by yomanovic: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
SugaryBelle: In my church, Yes,but only if your first spouse died,same for the person you want to marry.

Waste of of internet mb. OP already made it clear that in cases where no former spouse died. I'll say a yes in churches whose leaders are after money.
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by destante(f): 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
Going by the wed-at-the-brides-church rule, it feels too awkward because it means the old and the new bride are within the same congregation. This will cause much hard feelings between them.
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Usually when that happens.....unfortunately one or the other usually leaves the church. I hate to see it happen but growing up in church...that's how it happens. When one remarries again...I have also seen it happen in the same church and it may be deemed acceptable. The only difference is that they seek counsel because the head of the church usually won't allow it otherwise from what I've seen. No one is perfect so we can't condemn them because of their actions.
Re: Can Someone Wed Twice In The Same Church? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hmmmm, interesting replies. More pls.

(1) (Reply)

I Killed My Lover Because She Made Me Jealous – Suspect / Shocking!, Married Women Cheat More Than Men- Study Shows / Some Reasons Older Men Date Younger Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.