Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. (2551 Views)

‘starvation As A Weapon Is A War Crime’: UN Head Blasts Warring Sides In Syria / 7 Things To Consider B4 Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict / Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by earthgreeners(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
@missy89 why u dey argue with that fool?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by Frankenstein: 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Missy89:

Nope!

First, Iron dome is mostly financed by the US so why would Israel fall into recession because they are using a defense weapon that is mainly financed by another country? They just got more for free few days ago. In fact why would any country fall into recession because they are using munitions? isn't that ridiculous and funny at the same time? were you trying to crack a joke?

Second, why does every sheepish christian or neutrals using the well crafted "what will Israel do" line? is it because they are ill informed or just too gullible?

The recent conflict didn't start when Hamas fired rockets, it started when 3 teens were killed and Israel blamed Hamas without providing proof the the world (Hamas denied it of course). now some new information coming to light said that the Israeli government knew that the kids were dead earlier but kept it from the public in other to draw public support. Hamas was actually retaliating for the collective punishment handed out in the west bank.

The common denominator here is ignorance . if Islam is what unites the supporters of Hamas, what unites the supporters of Israel ? isn't it the same religion?(pro Israel's core argument is that God gave them the land so whats your point?) or what would make someone say "thou i don't support the killing of civilians BUT"

I can debunk the 5 cease fire myth too if you want me to as well.

some Zombies didn't even read the terms in those cease fires.

Hamas and Netanyahu needs to be stopped! but blaming one side is just short sighted
You're not making any sense. Hamas has been firing rockets into Israel, bombing buses, kidnapping and killing Israelis since they took over power. I even applaud Israel for their restraint from using excessive force to wipe Hamas out. Have you read the Hamas charter? Their major aim is to wipe out every Jew in Israel and reclaim their stolen lands (Insha allah). Lands that don't belong to them.

Palestinians are Jordanians. Israel has been illegally encroaching on the West bank and I condemn them for that but Hamas is a terrorist organization bent on killing Jews. The same Jews that supply them water, electricity and various aids. So tell me, what do you want Israelis to do? Vanish and leave the country for Hamas?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by Missy89(f): 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
Frankenstein: You're not making any sense. Hamas has been firing rockets into Israel, bombing buses, kidnapping and killing Israelis since they took over power. I even applaud Israel for their restraint from using excessive force to wipe Hamas out. Have you read the Hamas charter? Their major aim is to wipe out every Jew in Israel and reclaim their stolen lands (Insha allah). Lands that don't belong to them.

Palestinians are Jordanians. Israel has been illegally encroaching on the West bank and I condemn them for that but Hamas is a terrorist organization bent on killing Jews. The same Jews that supply them water, electricity and various aids. So tell me, what do you want Israelis to do? Vanish and leave the country for Hamas?

The tactic of trying to deflect from the garbage you wrote earlier isn't working. The issue isn't the charter of Hamas because that is subjective and you just proved my point with this write up again. what do you mean by the land doesn't belong to them? who does it belong to and are you going to refer me to the bible as prove? or what other evidence do u have as regards the owner of the land?

Israel too was founded on the basis of creating a "Jewish state". doesn't that automatically mean that their objective is to wipe out the current occupiers as well? or do they have to write it down before you understand? or do u think the Arabs living inside Israel as citizens have the same rights are the Jews there?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by Frankenstein: 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
Missy89:

The tactic of trying to deflect from the garbage you wrote earlier isn't working. The issue isn't the charter of Hamas because that is subjective and you just proved my point with this write up again. what do you mean by the land doesn't belong to them? who does it belong to and are you going to refer me to the bible as prove? or what other evidence do u have as regards the owner of the land?

Israel too was founded on the basis of creating a "Jewish state". doesn't that automatically mean that their objective is to wipe out the current occupiers as well? or do they have to write it down before you understand? or do u think the Arabs living inside Israel as citizens have the same rights are the Jews there?
What do you want Israel to do in this current conflict? Withdraw unconditionally?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by Missy89(f): 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
Frankenstein: What do you want Israel to do in this current conflict? Withdraw unconditionally?

Thou normally i would have responded to that question but since you choose to ask a question after dodging all the fact i pointed out i would do the same.

What do you want Palestinians to do for the rest of their life? not resist occupation and accept their fate ?
Isn't is a moral responsibility for anyone under occupation to resist? or were the Jews in Warsaw ghetto who resisted the Nazis any different from the people in Gaza and west bank?

The strategy in which they choose to resist might be criticized but trying to paint the occupiers as victim is just ridiculous. you even said the land doesn't belong to them and i asked you who does it belong to ?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by Frankenstein: 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
Missy89:

The area of land that is now the state of Israel doesn't belong to either Jews or Palestinians. It belongs to the Canaanites that dwelt there before the Israelites expelled them thousands of years ago. Palestinians can't claim ownership of the land because they stole it when the Romans exiled the Jews living there and the Arabs (Palestinians) settled in Jerusalem after Saladin took over the city.

The land now belongs to Israel and Palestinians should recognize the state of Israel, lay down their arms, make peace with Israel and elect a credible non-terrorist government then the blockade in Gaza will be lifted, West bank settlements will be halted and they can have their own country.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
Alishachris:

why complain? This is your masters ultimate vision for the world!

that war is between godly people. what a failure god is.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by Lordlexyy: 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
The most comprehensive, analytical and unbiase article on middle east ever written. Though short, but precise and straight to the point. Why would anyone find fault in this well written article is behind me. History aside. Israeli only responded to the barrage of missiles indiscriminately unleashed by the Hamas, civilians known to offer cover to the terrorists were unfortunately killed. What exactly is the complain? We all know the genesis of this conflict, and even if the jewish tenagers killed lack evidence that point to Hamas as someone here want us to believe, the rockets launch into israel, the tunnels dug into Israel are indications that Hamas had a pre-determined plan to start trouble. You don't start what you can't finish hoping for sympathy. Everything the writer stated isn't exactly new to us, but glad that someone(a muslim i suppose) shared the very truth we observed.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by Lordlexyy: 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
Missy89:

If Israeli aim and objective is to wipe and capture the whole palastian land given its military strength and capability, the palastians would have been history. But the conflict is much more than land. I don't want dive into history, but is a known fact that islam have an inherent hatred for the jews, is there in their quoran. Even if israel reverse back to the old border aggreement and surrendered the suppose territory to the palastinians, the incessant, unprovoked assault on Israel will not stop. Large portion of Jordan originally belong to palestine, but we almost never heard Hamas launching attack on them to reclaim it largely cos they shared the same faith. It takes an unselfish mind and mental correctness to agree with the article which so far has given the true picture which every sane mind is not unaware of. Beside, most of the regions under conflicts still bears jewish names. Then name Jerusalem, Hebron el al don't sound arabic to me, except if someone has a better explanation to it.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by Missy89(f): 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
Lordlexyy: If Israeli aim and objective is to wipe and capture the whole palastian land given its military strength and capability, the palastians would have been history. But the conflict is much more than land. I don't want dive into history, but is a known fact that islam have an inherent hatred for the jews, is there in their quoran. Even if israel reverse back to the old border aggreement and surrendered the suppose territory to the palastinians, the incessant, unprovoked assault on Israel will not stop. Large portion of Jordan originally belong to palestine, but we almost never heard Hamas launching attack on them to reclaim it largely cos they shared the same faith. It takes an unselfish mind and mental correctness to agree with the article which so far has given the true picture which every sane mind is not unaware of. Beside, most of the regions under conflicts still bears jewish names. Then name Jerusalem, Hebron el al don't sound arabic to me, except if someone has a better explanation to it.

why are many people hiding behind " i dont watt to dive into history" crap?

Please dive into it and make your point

what page in the Quran are you referring to? please state it here.

Google Al-Khalīl and tell me what you see or do i need to tell you that most of those places have their own Arabic names as well?

they never fought the Jordanians because of faith? what was the 1970-71 war (black September) about then? or the Lebanese civil war of 1975-1990 ?

If Israel want to take the land,they would have done so because of their military might so they do not want the land that's why they haven't killed them all yet? REALLY!!!? that's the Logic now?
Not killing them all is prove of innocence?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. by GuyFawkes: 1:01am On Aug 03, 2014
Missy89:

This was the platform on which the Likud party contested elections in 1999 and it hasn't changed much till the present day.....

"The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting."

"The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river. The Palestinians can run their lives freely in the framework of self-rule, but not as an independent and sovereign state. Thus, for example, in matters of foreign affairs, security, immigration and ecology, their activity shall be limited in accordance with imperatives of Israel’s existence, security and national need."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which African Countries Can't Nigeria Stand In War? / “europe Is A Garden, Africa A Jungle” ~ EU Foreign Policy Chief Boasts / USA Are Not Able To Overcome "superior russian" S-300 Air Defense System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.