Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him (16078 Views)

Soldiers Raped Our Members Before Killing Them – Shiite Women / Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains / Suicide Bomber Screamed “sai Buhari” Before Killing 5 In Maiduguri – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
How Iyiola Omisore Disrespected Bola Ige Before His Final Killing

This piece narrates how a former impeached deputy governor & the PDP governorship candidate in the August 9th Governorship Election in the State of Osun; Mr. Iyiola Omisore disrespected the late Chief Bola Ige, a former Attorney General of the Federation, (Cicero of Esa Oke after whose the palatial Governor’s Office in the State was named) before his cap was removed during an at event in Ile Ife and his final killing by yet-to-be identified assassins.

It was during a book launch organized by Senator Ayo Fasanmi, one of the leaders in the then Alliance for Democracy, AD in early 2001, Late Chief Bola Ige was a guest. As visitors to the state, Ige and Iyiola Omisore who was then the deputy governor in Osun State ran into each other at the official residence of the then governor of Ekiti State, Niyi Adebayo at Oke Bareke in Ado Ekiti.

“I am an elder; can’t you stand up and greet me?” Ige challenged Omisore whom he met sitting down watching a CNN’s programme. It was as if time stood still. Governor Adebayo knew that he had a problem in his hands as he shook his legs and fixed his gaze on the TV.

“I said Otunba Omisore can’t you greet me as an elder? Ige fired at him again. Omisore then for the first time shifted his attention from the screen to give a dour look at the “intruder” the way a polar bear would eye a stray reindeer “I am an adult too” Omisore shouted back at Bola Ige, Governor Adebayo was so worried that he begged the two men to cool down and shifted the discussion to something else but it won’t work as Chief Ige then said “Omisore, I read your attack on me in The Comet newspaper”. Omisore sat bolt upright, cupped his left hand, rammed his right fist into it and replied Ige “Chief Ige, I stand by every word of the interview” It was the arrival of the governor’s ADC who informed them that the convoy of vehicles for the book launch are ready, that ended the shouting match.

Sometimes later, Bola Ige’s cap was removed in an event at the Ooni of Ife’s palace after which Omisore granted an interview with TEMPO in December, 2001 where he accused Ige of treachery. Quoting from the TEMPO’s interview Omisore said “What Akintola did to Awolowo is what Bola Ige is doing to Adesanya and the Yoruba people. That is nemesis and that has started from the source, the Yoruba, Ife and that is the beginning of his disgrace. (Omisore apparently referring to the removal if Ige’s cap in Ile Ife), Bola Ige is on the downward trend now”.

Omisore also put a punch line, he said “Recently too, Bola Ige came on Radio here to insult me and my family, that his last one.”

Few days after the TEMPO interview, assassins eliminated Ige. Since then, theories have been running riot over who was behind the murder and the issue remained unresolved till today.

http://www.oranmiyan.org/2014/06/06/iyiola-omisore-disrespected-bola-ige-final-killing-yet-identified-gunmen-bioreports/
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
Omisore did actually boasted to me, however, how he had warned Ige not to venture into Ile-Ife. And when he thought the camera was off, Omisore confirmed to me in Yoruba that he ordered him to be dealt with and went on to mock Chief Ige begging for his life.

http://bioreports.net/news/osun-2014-why-omisore-must-never-govern-osun-by-tunde-akinloye/
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
the write up is courtesy of: APC

14 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
It is an aberration of the highest order for this murderer to present himself to the people of Osun state.

Are there only murderous and morally stained fellows in PDP??

angry angry angry angry

11 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
hopelink1: the write up is courtesy of: APC

Nonsense!!

Tell that to Ige's deceased wife and orphaned children.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Nonsense!!

Dont get mad, get a lawyer and go the the court of Law

16 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Why are we playing politics of character Assassination?

From the conversations, it was Ige that actually started the whole thing where he used his age as a tool to bully Iyiola Omisore. Remember Omi was d Deputy Governor then.

Honestly, what Ige and AD did to Omi was unfair in 1999 and later 2003. Omi too made reckless statement but I think it was one of Ige's enemy or Omi's loyalist that for some reasons murdered Ige. I am not Yoruba but if we go down lane on what Omi received from Iga and then AD we will all agree that there was injustice. I am not trying to hold brief for Omi, but opposition are unfair with the continuous character assassination.

If anyone have any information on Ige's death, the police or DSS will be of help not the press.

#barcanista

8 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
whatlyf: Why are we playing politics of character Assassination?

From the conversations, it was Ige that actually started the whole thing where he used his age as a tool to bully Iyiola Omisore. Remember Omi was d Deputy Governor then.

Honestly, what Ige and AD did to Omi was unfair in 1999 and later 2003. Omi too made reckless statement but I think it was one of Ige's enemy or Omi's loyalist that for some reasons murdered Ige. I am not Yoruba but if we go down lane on what Omi received from Iga and then AD we will all agree that there was injustice. I am not trying to hold brief for Omi, but opposition are unfair with the continuous character assassination.

If anyone have any information on Ige's death, the police or DSS will be of help not the press.

#barcanista
NICE brother

5 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
whatlyf: Why are we playing politics of character Assassination?

#barcanista

“I am an elder; can’t you stand up and greet me?” Ige challenged Omisore whom he met sitting down watching a CNN’s programme.

Does the above sound like someone bullying another??

Do you know anything about Yoruba culture and how younger ones are supposed to greet elders??

Does asking a younger one to respect culture and tradition translate to bullying??

Even if it was bullying is that an excuse for Omisore to kill Bola Ige?

angry angry angry angry

10 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Jhydey192(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Do you know anything about Yoruba culture and how younger ones are supposed to greet elders??

Does asking a younger one to respect culture and tradition translate to bullying??

angry angry angry angry
it's like u guys don't know the gravity of this...u just accused someone of murder!! Without evidence!!

7 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

angry angry angry angry
bros you don't get me. Yes elders deserve respect in Africa and your culture, but respect is earned. I am not saying ige didn't earn it o but Omi openly accused him of betrayal, hence, Omi did not find any reason to respect some1 that he sees as a betryer. Ige should av let him be or reported him to a more elderly person rather than harrassing him. Omi is an elder himself and not a teenager. And please, you may not like Omi but calling him the killer is wrong. One thing I fear is false accusation and character assassination. Its not civil and highly defamatory.

8 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
Jhydey192: it's like u guys don't know the gravity of this...u just accused someone of murder!! Without evidence!!

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
whatlyf: bros you don't get me. Yes elders deserve respect in Africa and your culture, but respect is earned. I am not saying ige didn't earn it o but Omi openly accused him of betrayal, hence, Omi did not find any reason to respect some1 that he sees as a betryer. Ige should av let him be or reported him to a more elderly person rather than harrassing him. Omi is an elder himself and not a teenager. And please, you may not like Omi but calling him the killer is wrong. One thing I fear is false accusation and character assassination. Its not civil and highly defamatory.

Omisore's character is dead and needs no assassination. No need killing what's already dead.

wink wink wink wink wink wink

6 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by amarilo: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
That omisorrow resemble yakubu ayegbemi of premier league.

1 Like

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Omisore's character is dead and needs no assassination. No need killing what's already dead.

wink wink wink wink wink wink
lolssss well I just de talk my own as a concerned citizen and friend to yoruba. I guess it is a family affair. But yu guys should uncover the mystery behind Ige's Assassination

2 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
whatlyf: lolssss well I just de talk my own as a concerned citizen and friend to yoruba. I guess it is a family affair. But yu guys should uncover the mystery behind Ige's Assassination

I understand your concern perfectly well, sadly the PDP cankerworms have done worse to Aregbesola forgetting that their party flag-bearer has a worse PR stench to drive away.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

I understand your concern perfectly well, sadly the PDP cankerworms have done worse to Aregbesola forgetting that their party flag-bearer has a worse PR stench to drive away.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
honestly PDP and PDP trolls are the greatest liabilities of Omisore in dis election. If only they face issues instead of personalities things would have been better for his image.

1 Like

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
O BOY! SEE FINE PROPAGANDA. PDP E-WARRIORS, WERE UNA DEY? grin
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by tafrica(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
I expected things like this. So many epistles were opened on many threads relating to Fayose prior to ekiti election. APC always attacks their opponents' characters. Let Tinubu or Fashola decamps to PDP, APC will tell you how Funsho Williams was killed.
NONSENSE!

5 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: O BOY! SEE FINE PROPAGANDA. PDP E-WARRIORS, WERE UNA DEY? grin

Most of the PDP cankerworms are even ashamed of Omisore, nobody like to associate with the killer of Bola Ige..

grin grin grin
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by BrokenTV: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

angry angry angry angry
If I may ask Where you there when Omisore killed Ige, can you give detail account how he was killed, I hate character assassination, either provide us with fact how he killed him or shut up.

3 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
BrokenTV:
If I may ask Where you there when Omisore killed Ige, can you give detail account how he was killed, I hate character assassination, either provide us with fact how he killed him or shut up.

Do you remember saying this about El Rufai??

grin grin grin grin grin grin

BrokenTV: The stooge midget is a certified lunatics, a drunk coward and an angry deriving dog, why don't the little dwarf present himself for next year Presidential general election.

https://www.nairaland.com/1795213/jonathan-petty-presidency-full-liars#24399937

You get Ph.D for lie and hypocrisy...

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by abacus(m): 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
Jhydey192: it's like u guys don't know the gravity of this...u just accused someone of murder!! Without evidence!!

Welcome on board Johnny just come. I know most of you here don't know anything about this matter. Don't because of your love for GEJ and hatred for opposition distort history and facts.

Help your self Google this: Omisore Fryo. . Read everything both side of the stories and use your church mind to arrive at a conclusion. The question is why is only Omisore name mentioned? Why not another person?

NEST OF KILLERS messengers.

1 Like

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
abacus:

Welcome on board Johnny just come. I know most of you here don't know anything about this matter. Don't because of your love for GEJ and hatred for opposition distort history and facts.

Help your self Google this: Omi

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by BABAKABIRU301(f): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
whatlyf: bros you don't get me. Yes elders deserve respect in Africa and your culture, but respect is earned. I am not saying ige didn't earn it o but Omi openly accused him of betrayal, hence, Omi did not find any reason to respect some1 that he sees as a betryer. Ige should av let him be or reported him to a more elderly person rather than harrassing him. Omi is an elder himself and not a teenager. And please, you may not like Omi but calling him the killer is wrong. One thing I fear is false accusation and character assassination. Its not civil and highly defamatory.
THANK'S

1 Like

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by BrokenTV: 8:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Do you remember saying this about El Rufai??

https://www.nairaland.com/1795213/jonathan-petty-presidency-full-liars#24399937

You get Ph.D for lie and hypocrisy...

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

There is nothing bad in what I said, I am not denying it but my question is where you there when Omisore killed Ige or are you El rufia in disguise.

2 Likes

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by BABAKABIRU301(f): 8:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
BrokenTV:
There is nothing bad in what I said, I am not denying it but my question is where you there when Omisore killed Ige or are you El rufia in disguise.

Abeg go look bush!!

You've been exposed as a shameless hypocrite...

Mr. "I hate Character Assassination"..

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Nonsense!!

children Ke.lol.
and just another angle to this issue. If bola ige was in AD, why is he then serving in the cabinet of PDP's obasanjo. just thinking aloud.

1 Like

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by lakpalakpa: 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
saxywale:
children Ke.lol.
and just another angle to this issue. If bola ige was in AD, why is he then serving in the cabinet of PDP's obasanjo. just thinking aloud.

Is that why Omisore murdered him??

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Is that why Omisore murdered him??

undecided undecided undecided undecided
even though you haven't answered my question... another question on this political assassination is what does omisore stands to gain from bola ige's death?

1 Like

Re: How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him by BABAKABIRU301(f): 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
apc MAKE AN EXCUSE BEFORE THEIR FAILURE. ANY WAY, A BAD EXCUSE IS BETTER THAN NONE AT ALL. A P CHIN FOR ODENI RAUF AREGBESOLA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Condoles With Oby Ezekwesili Over The Death Of Her Mother / Alex Otti Flags Off Construction Of Another 30km road In Abia North / Imoh Williams, LGA Chairman Suspended Over Assault On Man Who Called Him Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.