Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:56 PM

Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an (8796 Views)

Shekau's Evil Mentality Against The Holy Qur’an / Lessons Learnt from the Hadith Of The Lost Necklace / Sleep Etiquette And Dream Interpretation In Light Of The Sunnah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 12:39am On Aug 09, 2014
^First, I have given you several verses in the noble Quran that points out the divine selection of Nabi Ibrahim and his progeny. All your muffasir concur that Muhammad (peace be on him and his family) and his progeny (as) were seed of Ibrahimic tree.
That is Divine selection not Monarchy that Mu'awiyah established for himself. I will appreciate you prove to us that Ali (as) and his progeny were not from the seed of Ibrahim (as)

Second, do you have any problem proving the divine selection of Ahli Muhammad in hadith? Or have you turned to one of these Quranites?

If you are looking for the name of 'Ali and his progeny in the Quran, you will have to tell me where Allah describe how to pray salat, number of five daily salats with their names. After all, the command was "Establish salat". Simple!

Please don't try to use alien argument like this again. It shut down one's sense of intellect. I understand your deep hatred for Shi'a.

Third, when Nabi Muhammad (peace be on him and his family) ordered the believer to pray thus:

"O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad,in exactly the same manner as You blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim. You are the Most Praiseworthy, the Most Glorious"
~Sahih al-Bukhari vol.3 p. 1233, no.3190

How Was Ibrahim (as) Blessed?
With regards to Nabi Ibrahim (as), Allah says:
"And We bestowed upon him Ishaq and Ya'qub. Each one We made righteous. And We appointed them IMAMS, guiding by Our command"~Quran21:72-73.

"And We bestow on him Ishaq and Ya'qub, and We placed prophethood and the Book in his offspring, and We granted him his reward in this world, and verily, in the Hereafter he is indeed among the righteous."
~Quran 29:27

Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir writes on the exegesis of this verse: "...therefore, all prophets sent after him (Ibrahim) were from his offspring. Also, every scripture revealed from heaven to any prophet after him was sent to someone from his offspring and progeny"
~Tafsir Ibn kathir vol.1 p.172

Nabi Yaqub (as) (also known as Israil) who was the grandson of Nabi Ibrahim (as) founded another branch of Ibrahimic tree. Quran states:

"And indeed We gave the offspring of Israil the Book, and the authority, and prophethood; and We provided them with things, and preferred them above the worlds
~Quran 45:16

Imam Bukhari (d. 256H) writes:
"{Verily, Allah chose Adam, Nuh, the family of Ibrahim and the family of Imran above the worlds...Allah provides sustenance to whom He wills, without limit}. Ibn Abbas said: "{and the family of Imran} They are the believers from the family of Ibrahim, the family of 'Imran, the family of Yasin AND THE FAMILY OF MUHAMMAD..."
~Vol. 3 p. 1263

Prophethood, divine books, authority, hikmah, Imamah, preference over mankind etc were such blessings conferred on the family of Ibrahim and by virtue of 'Hadith Salat', family of Muhammad (peace be on him and his family) inherited these divine blessings.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 12:54am On Aug 09, 2014
^As per the hadith of Thaqalayn, despite the conspiracy of some Sunni Ulamas to downplay its importance by repeatedly pointing to the version in Sahih Muslim deceiving muslims that only that version is sahih and other versions in about 100s of their hadith collection with strongest muttawatir is weak, here are the submission of your Ulama including Nasir deen al-Albani:

Importance Of Hadith al-Thaqalain
The holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) said:
"I have left behind over you TWO WEIGHTY THINGS (al-Thaqalain)which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray:the Book of Allah and MY OFFSPRING, MY AHL al-BAYT..."

1. Ibn Manzur (d. 711H), a Sunni linguist explains the hadith al-Thaqalain":
"He (the prophet) named them thaqalayn (two weighty things) because holding fast to them both and following them both are weighty (responsibilities)."
~Lisan al-Arab vol. 11 p. 85

2. Ibn Athir (d. 606H) another Sunni linguist:

"{I am leaving among you the Two weighty Things: the Book of Allah and my offspring}, he named them both thaqalayn because holding fast to them both and following them are weighty (responsibilities). And every priceless weighty thing is called thaqal. Therefore, he named them thaqalain to highlight their significance and to extol their importance."
~ al-Nihayah fi Gharib al-Hadith wa al-Athar, vol. 1 p. 216

3. Sheik al-Arnaut commenting to a version of the hadith al-Thaqalain in 'Musnad Ahmad b. Hanbali, has something slight different to say quoting al-Sindi:

Al-Sindi said: "His statement {I am leaving behind over you}: that is after my death.

{The Two Weighty Things}: every priceless treasure is called a 'Weighty things,' and this hadith is from it, as stated in al-Qamus.

{One of them is greater}: that is the Book, because it is the Imam for everyone - whether the offspring (of the prophet) or others...

{And my offspring}: it is like he, peace be upon him, appointed them TO STAND IN HIS PLACE, such that as it was the Quran and the Prophet during his lifetime, it was the Quran and his Ahl al-Bayt after him. However, their standing in his place is (only) with regards to the (Ummah's) obligation of love, kindness and care (to them), not in adherence to their words and opinions. Rather, the reference for actions are the Book and the Sunnah, and Allah the most High knows best."
~Musnad Ahmad b. Hanbali vol. 17 p. 174-175, #11104 [annotators: Shu'ayb al-Arnaut, 'Adil Murshid and others].

I say the last statement (underlined) of al-Sindi is WEIRD. In his (peace be on him and his family) words, the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) stressed the importance of the two weighty things by saying "if you ADHERE TO THEM, you will NEVER go astray". He did not say "if you adhere to Quran and love, respect or care for the ahl al-bayt..."

What is meant by adherent to the Quran? Definitely to FOLLOW while others like love, respect and care can follow suit. The holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) unite them together calling them Thaqalayn (two weighty things) and said "if you ADHERE TO THEM, you will NEVER go astray". They were two inseparable entity.

In fact he (peace be on him and his family) concluded saying "the two will never separate until they meet me at the pool". Meaning the two will never contradict each other.

So I wonder why anybody will think he was only saying we should love the ahl al-bayt but not follow them as we follow the Quran!

To clarify this doubt, Allamah Nasir Deen al-Albani in his "Sahih al-Jami' al-Saghir wa Ziyadatuhu (Al-Maktab al-Islami), vol. 1 p. 482, hadith no. 2457 records the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) to have said yet in another version of hadith thaqalain called 'hadith Khalifatain':

"I am leaving behind over you TWO KHALIFAHS; the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount"

Then, Sheik (al-Albani) comments: *Sahih.

SECONDLY, a Sheik also quoted the other versions of "Hadith alThaqalayn"which ended with: "I remind you about my ahl al-bayt (3 times)" or "Fear Allah how you treat them (ahl al-bayt) after me"! And then argued that those concluding statement simply urge the Ummah to love and respect them ONLY.

I say what about the constant phrase that appear in ALL the versions of the hadith: if you ADHERE TO THEM, you will NEVER go astray"?

The phrase: "I remind you about my ahl al-bayt (3 times)" or "Fear Allah how you treat them (ahl al-bayt) after me"! can be well understood in the saying of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) to 'Ali (as) the first of the Ahl al-Bayt. 'Ali (as) said:
'I swear by Allah, verily, the Ummi Prophet (peace be on him and his family) told me: "They will soon betray you after me"

~Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani, al-Matalib al-'Aliyah bi Zawaid al-Masanid al-Thamaniyyah, vol. 16 p. 64, #3919

Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani through another different chain quoted the second hadith:
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "Verily, this Ummah will soon betray you after me."
~vol.16, p. 65, #3920

Al-Hakim also included the report in his 'al-Mustadrak ala sahihayn, vol. 3 p.150, #4676
'Ali said:
"Verily, part of what the prophet, peace be upon him, told me is that the ummah would soon betray me after him

Every transmitter in the chain of these three report is Thiqa (trustworthy), accurate.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 1:41am On Aug 09, 2014
^Other versions of hadith al-Thaqalain proved to be Sahih or Hassan by Sunni\Salafi Ulama:

1. Jabir ibn Abdullah in al-Mu'ujam al-Kabeer:
Muhammad ibn Abdullah al-Hadrami from Nassir ibn Abdurahman al-Washa' from Zayd ibn al-Hassan al-Anmatti from Ja'afar (al-Sadiq) from Muhammad (al-Baqir) from his father (Ali ibn al-Hussein) from Jabir ibn Abdullah who said: "I witnessed the messenger of Allah during his Hajj on the day of A'arafat while he was on his camel al-Qasswa'. He gave a sermon and I heard him say: 'O people, I am leaving amongst you that which if you adhere to you shall never stray after me, the Book of Allah and my progeny, my Ahlul Bayt'"
ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﺑﻦ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﺤﻀﺮﻣﻲ ﺛﻨﺎ ﻧﺼﺮ ﺑﻦ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﺮﺣﻤﻦ
ﺍﻟﻮﺷﺎﺀ ﺛﻨﺎ ﺯﻳﺪ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺤﺴﻦ ﺍﻷﻧﻤﺎﻃﻲ ﻋﻦ ﺟﻌﻔﺮ ﺑﻦ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻋﻦ
ﺃﺑﻴﻪ ﻋﻦ ﺟﺎﺑﺮ ﻗﺎﻝ: ﺭﺃﻳﺖ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ ﻓﻲ
ﺣﺠﺘﻪ ﻳﻮﻡ ﻋﺮﻓﺔ ﻭﻫﻮ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻧﺎﻗﺘﻪ ﺍﻟﻘﺼﻮﺍﺀ، ﻓﺨﻄﺐ ﻓﺴﻤﻌﺘﻪ ﻭﻫﻮ
ﻳﻘﻮﻝ" :ﺃﻳﻬﺎ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ ﻗﺪ ﺗﺮﻛﺖ ﻓﻴﻜﻢ ﻣﺎ ﺇﻥ ﺃﺧﺬﺗﻢ ﺑﻪ ﻟﻦ ﺗﻀﻠﻮﺍ،
ﻛﺘﺎﺏ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﻋﺘﺮﺗﻲ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺑﻴﺘﻲ ".

Imam al-Albani authenticated this narration in his book Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi (vol 3, bab 32, #3786).

2. al-Albani in his Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi on the authority of Zayd ibn Arqam:

The messenger of Allah said: "I am leaving for you two precious and weighty Symbols that if you adhere to BOTH of them you shall not go astray after me. They are, the Book of Allah, and my progeny, my Ahlul-Bayt. The Merciful has informed me that These two shall not separate from each other till they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise). Watch out how you treat them after me."

al-Tirmidhi said the hadith is hasan Ghareeb and al-Albani said the hadith is sahih.
ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ ﻋﻠﻲ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﻤﻨﺬﺭ ﻛﻮﻓﻲ ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﺑﻦ ﻓﻀﻴﻞ ﻗﺎﻝ ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ
ﺍﻷﻋﻤﺶ ﻋﻦ ﻋﻄﻴﺔ ﻋﻦ ﺃﺑﻲ ﺳﻌﻴﺪ ﻭﺍﻷﻋﻤﺶ ﻋﻦ ﺣﺒﻴﺐ ﺑﻦ ﺃﺑﻲ
ﺛﺎﺑﺖ ﻋﻦ ﺯﻳﺪ ﺑﻦ ﺃﺭﻗﻢ ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻬﻤﺎ ﻗﺎﻻ ﻗﺎﻝ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ : ﺇﻧﻲ ﺗﺎﺭﻙ ﻓﻴﻜﻢ ﻣﺎ ﺇﻥ ﺗﻤﺴﻜﺘﻢ ﺑﻪ ﻟﻦ
ﺗﻀﻠﻮﺍ ﺑﻌﺪﻱ ﺃﺣﺪﻫﻤﺎ ﺃﻋﻈﻢ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻵﺧﺮ ﻛﺘﺎﺏ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺣﺒﻞ ﻣﻤﺪﻭﺩ ﻣﻦ
ﺍﻟﺴﻤﺎﺀ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻷﺭﺽ ﻭﻋﺘﺮﺗﻲ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺑﻴﺘﻲ ﻭﻟﻦ ﻳﺘﻔﺮﻗﺎ ﺣﺘﻰ ﻳﺮﺩﺍ ﻋﻠﻲ
ﺍﻟﺤﻮﺽ ﻓﺎﻧﻈﺮﻭﺍ ﻛﻴﻒ ﺗﺨﻠﻔﻮﻧﻲ ﻓﻴﻬﻤﺎ
ﻗﺎﻝ ﻫﺬﺍ ﺣﺪﻳﺚ ﺣﺴﻦ ﻏﺮﻳﺐ ﻗﺎﻝ ﺍﻟﺘﺮﻣﺬﻱ : ﺣﺴﻦ ﻏﺮﻳﺐ ﻗﺎﻝ
ﺍﻟﺸﻴﺦ ﺍﻷﻟﺒﺎﻧﻲ : ﺻﺤﻴﺢ

Reference:
• Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi (by al-Albani), vol 3,
page 543, #3788 (ﺃﺑﻮﺍﺏ ﺍﻟﻤﻨﺎﻗﺐ ﻋﻦ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺻﻠﻰ
ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ. ﻣﻨﺎﻗﺐ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺑﻴﺖ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻲ ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ
ﻭﺳﻠﻢ )

3. The narration in the Sunan of al-Tirmidhi is #3876.
al-Sabuni reported in Mukhtassar Tafseer ibn Katheer the following narration from Tirmidhi. al-Tirmidhi recorded on volume 5, #3874. al-Albani also recorded it in Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi #3786:

Ja'afar ibn Muhammad from his father from Jabir ibn
Abdullah who narrated that the prophet said: "I saw
the messenger of Allah during his Hajj on the day of
Arafat, giving a sermon while on his camel Qasswa'. I heard him say: 'O people, I am leaving amongst you that which if you adhere to you will never stray: the Book of Allah and my progeny, my Ahlul Bayt'" Abu Dharr, Abu Sae'ed, Zayd ibn Arqam and Hudhayfa ibn Aseed narrated similarly.

al-Tirmidhi said this narration is ghareeb hasan and
Zayd ibn hassan was quoted by Sae'ed ibn Sulayman and other scholars.

al-Albani said: the hadith is Sahih
ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ ﻧﺼﺮ ﺑﻦ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﺮﺣﻤﻦ ﺍﻟﻜﻮﻓﻲ ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ ﺯﻳﺪ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺤﺴﻦ ﻫﻮ
ﺍﻷﻧﻤﺎﻃﻲ ﻋﻦ ﺟﻌﻔﺮ ﺑﻦ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻋﻦ ﺃﺑﻴﻪ ﻋﻦ ﺟﺎﺑﺮ ﺑﻦ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻗﺎﻝ : ﺭﺃﻳﺖ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ ﻓﻲ ﺣﺠﺘﻪ ﻳﻮﻡ
ﻋﺮﻓﺔ ﻭﻫﻮ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻧﺎﻗﺘﻪ ﺍﻟﻘﺼﻮﺍﺀ ﻳﺨﻄﺐ ﻓﺴﻤﻌﺘﻪ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ ﻳﺎ ﺃﻳﻬﺎ
ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ ﺇﻧﻲ ﻗﺪ ﺗﺮﻛﺖ ﻓﻴﻜﻢ ﻣﺎ ﺇﻥ ﺃﺧﺬﺗﻢ ﺑﻪ ﻟﻦ ﺗﻀﻠﻮﺍ ﻛﺘﺎﺏ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻭﻋﺘﺮﺗﻲ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺑﻴﺘﻲ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻭﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺒﺎﺏ ﻋﻦ ﺃﺑﻲ ﺫﺭ ﻭﺃﺑﻲ ﺳﻌﻴﺪ ﻭﺯﻳﺪ
ﺑﻦ ﺃﺭﻗﻢ ﻭﺣﺬﻳﻔﺔ ﺑﻦ ﺃﺳﻴﺪ
ﻗﺎﻝ ﻭﻫﺬﺍ ﺣﺪﻳﺚ ﺣﺴﻦ ﻏﺮﻳﺐ ﻣﻦ ﻫﺬﺍ ﺍﻟﻮﺟﻪ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻭﺯﻳﺪ ﺑﻦ
ﺍﻟﺤﺴﻦ ﻗﺪ ﺭﻭﻯ ﻋﻨﻪ ﺳﻌﻴﺪ ﺑﻦ ﺳﻠﻴﻤﺎﻥ ﻭﻏﻴﺮ ﻭﺍﺣﺪ ﻣﻦ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺍﻟﻌﻠﻢ
ﻗﺎﻝ ﺍﻟﺘﺮﻣﺬﻱ : ﺣﺴﻦ ﻏﺮﻳﺐ ﻗﺎﻝ ﺍﻟﺸﻴﺦ ﺍﻷﻟﺒﺎﻧﻲ : ﺻﺤﻴﺢ
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by vedaxcool(m): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2014
“I am going to leave with you two heavy burdens. The first of them is the Book of Allah: in it is the true guidance and the light. Therefore, hold fast to it.” Then he (the Prophet) prompted and induced the Muslims to adhere to the Book of God. [/b]Then he said: [b]“And my household. I remind you of Allah in matters relating to my household. I remind you of Allah in matters relating to my household. I remind you of Allah in matters relating to my household.”

This remains the authentic version of the hadith which doesn't convey the shia point of view of MONARCHY.

What was the context of hadith?

Context of the Hadith
It is impossible to discuss the Hadith al-Thaqalayn without first understanding the specific context in which the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) said what he said. This is a general rule of thumb pertaining to the Islamic canon as a whole: it is important to know the background in which a Quranic verse was revealed or a certain Hadith was said.
For example, the Quranic verse “slay them wherever you find them” is often used by Orientalists to wrongfully make it appear as if Islam advocates the slaying of people wherever you find them all the time. Of course, if we look at when this verse was revealed, we find that it was specifically revealed during a battle between the Muslims and the Quraish Mushriks; this makes us realize that it is not a general ruling to slay people but rather it was a verse revealed in a specific situation.
Likewise, Hadith al-Thaqalayn was revealed in a certain context and this background is important to understand if we want to see what the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) meant when he said what he said. First off, the Hadith about following Quran and Sunnah was said by the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) in front of the larger gathering during his Farewell Sermon atop Mount Arafat. However, the Hadith al-Thaqalayn (i.e. Quran and Ahlel Bayt) was not said during the Farewell Sermon; instead, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) said the Hadith al-Thaqalayn in front of the smaller gathering of people at a place called Ghadir Khumm, a half-way point to Medinah. It was directed only towards those living in Medinah, because the Prophet’s family lived in Medinah and therefore the task of taking care of them would fall upon their shoulders.
If Hadith al-Thaqalayn meant what the Shia imply, then surely the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) would have said it in front of all the Muslims during his Farewell Sermon. Instead, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) only said this to those living in the same city as his family, again implying that what he meant was to take care of them. And perhaps the biggest proof is the fact that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) said the Hadith al-Thaqalayn during his speech at Ghadir Khumm. For those of our readers who have not read our article on Ghadir Khumm, we strongly urge them to read it now: The Sunni Position on Ghadir Kumm.
As we have shown in that article, a group of soldiers were harshly criticizing Ali (رضّى الله عنه) and complaining about him to the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) at the place of Ghadir Khumm. (Please read that article for details and references.) It was in response to this hatred, abuse, and disrespect towards Ali (رضّى الله عنه) that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) found it necessary to defend his family in the Hadith al-Thaqalayn. This serves as a very strong proof that the meaning behind the Prophet’s words were not about deriving religion from the Ahlel Bayt but rather about behaving with them, taking care of them, honoring them, respecting them, etc.

We see once again the hadith does not convey the sense shias attribute to it. No evidence of "divine" Selection in the Qur'an. As I have shown in my previous post only followers of the sunnah follow the hadith to the letter.

Say: I do not ask from you any fee (ajran) except for love of the[/my] close relatives. [{al-Qur'an 42:23}]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 3:21am On Aug 10, 2014
vedaxcool: ^

Baqir goes on to quote a hadith to validate the shia position, but truth is, he holds unto a weaker position, clearly showing when one wants to deceive himself there is little we can do to help him out of it.

Its not "a hadith"

What you don't appreciate is that hadith al-Thaqalain is Mutawattir. Its has more than 30 Isnad reported in abundant among 100s of companions with different versions.

I have given you samples here:
www.nairaland.com/1840060/hadith-73-sects-light-holy/2

vedaxcool:
There are several rendering of the hadith in sahih muslim let's take a look at them;

1. Hadith #6378, Bab Fadha'il Ali ibn Abi Talib,
from Yazid ibn Hayyan who narrates what
Zayd ibn Arqam said:
The Prophet said: "I am leaving among you
two weighty things: the one being the Book of
Allah in which there is right guidance and
light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and
adhere to it.'He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to
the Book of Allah."
Then the Prophet said:
And the People of my House, I remind you
about the people of my house (thrice).

Brother it is evident you haven't study hadith al-Thaqalain in its numerous versions in your book.

Zayd ibn Arqam alone reported more than 3 versions declared sahih by your scholars. Here's another example:

1. Al-Nasa'i narrates from Muhammad ibn al-Muthanna, he from Yahya ibn Hammad, from Abu 'Uwwanah, from Sulayman, from Habib ibn Abi Thabit, from Abu al-Tufayl, from Zayd ibn Arqam, who said,"When the Messenger of Allah (S) returned from the last hajj and came down at Ghadir Khumm...

"Then he declared: 'I am about to answer the call (of death). Verily, I have left two precious things (thaqalayn) among you, one of which is greater than the other: the Book of God and my ‘Itrah, my Ahlul Bayt. So watch out how you treat them after me. For, indeed, they will never separate until they return to me by the side of the Pond.'

Then he said, 'Verily, God is my master (mawlaya) and I am the wali of every believer.' Then he took ‘Ali's hand and
declared, 'To whomever I am his wali, this one is also his wali. My God, befriend whoever befriends him and be hostile to whoever is hostile to him.'" Abu al-­Tufayl says: "I said to Zayd, 'Did you hear it from the Prophet(S)?' He replied, 'There was no one in the caravan who did not see it with his eyes and hear it with his ears,'"

Khasa'is ‘Ali is part of al-Nasa'i's al-Sunan al-kubra as shown by the 3rd volume of the MS in the king's collection in Morocco, written in 759/1358 folios 81-117. See also in this regard the introduction of al-­Khasa'is (Kuwait: Maktabat al-Mu’alla, 1406), ed. by
Ahmad Mirayn Balushi. The editor states that this tradition is sahih and its transmitters are thiqah.

Among others who have recorded it in their books are:
1. Al-Bukhari, al-Ta'rikh al-kabir, iii, 96;
2. Muslim, Sahih, bab fada'il ‘Ali, no. 2408;
3. Ahmad, Musnad, iii, 17, iv, 366;
4. ‘Abd ibn Humayd, Musnad, no. 265;

2. Zayd ibn Thabit with a different Isnad:
al-Qassem ibn Hassan from Zayd ibn Thabit who narrated that the prophet said:

"I am leaving among you the two caliphs (Khalifatayn), the Book of Allah and my Ahlul Bayt. They shall never separate from
one another until they meet me at the Fountain."

al-Tabarani recorded it in Kabeer and all its
subnarrators are trustworthy.

Allamah Nasir Deen al-Albani in his "Sahih al-Jami' al-Saghir wa Ziyadatuhu (Al-Maktab al-Islami), vol. 1 p. 482, hadith no. 2457 also quoted this very hadith:

"I am leaving behind over you TWO KHALIFAHS; the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount"

Then, Sheik (al-Albani) comments: *Sahih.

vedaxcool:
One thing you will immediately notice is that this rendering of the hadith does not convey the MONARCHY baqir wants to convince us about, it restates the primacy of the Qur'an in Islam and then reminds the believers about showing love and respect to the family of the prophet pbuh.

Please try to be truthful with yourself for once. I claimed "divine selection" for Muhammad and his ahl al-bayt NEVER monarchy. I only accused your king, Mu'awiyyah ibn Abi sufyan of monarchy.

I have given you many quotation from the holy Quran (a book you claim to adhere to) where Allah chooses Ibrahim and his progeny ALONE for IMAMAH and preference OVER MANKIND. That is divine selection.

By default, ALL your mufassir concur that, Muhammad (peace be on him and his family) and his ahl al-bayt belonged to that Ibrahimic tree.

You will only disprove this using same Quran and tafsir or hadith to prove that divine selection of IMAMAH does not extend to Muhammad and his family.
Do not run away from this please. Address it. Its vital
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 3:26am On Aug 10, 2014
vedaxcool:
The hadith Baqirs quotes have been identified as weak, the second version of this hadith in Tirmidh is stated as being "Hasan Gharib" with the phrase "the two shall not part " and "you shall not go astray":

It passes through Zayd Ibn Al Hasan who is
Dha'if as Shaikh Al Islam Ibn Hajar states in
his Taqirb. And a Hasan Gharib Hadith does not form any grounds when it comes to aspects of Aqidah for a Gharib hadith is one that is a truly singular narration – one that comes only through X

Vedaxcool, you are threading a path you have little or no knowledge of - science of Hadith. Copy-pasting an opinion just to have an opposite say will always expose that.

Let us examine the hadith as recorded by Imam Tirmidhi (d. 279H):

Nasr b. 'Abd al-Rahman al-kufi - Zayd b. al-Hassan al-Anmati - Ja'far b. Muhammad - his father - Jabir b. 'Abd Allah:

"I saw the messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, during his Hajj on the Day of Arafat while he was on his camel, al-Qaswa, delivering a sermon, and I heard him saying: "O mankind! I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will NEVER go astray: the Book of Allah and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt."

Problem here is Zayd b. al-Hassan al-Anmati. Here are differing opinion about him:
Imam Tirmidhi says on the riwayah:
*And this hadith is hasan gharib (i.e has a hasan chain) from this route. As for Zayd b. al-Hassan, Sa'id b. Sulayman and others from the people of knowledge have narrated from him.

Ref: al-Jami' al-Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi {annotator: Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani}vol. 5, p. 662 no.3786.

'Allamah al-Albani comment:
*Sahih.

al-Albani further declared in his al-Sahihah:

I (al-Albani) say: Abu Hatim said: "Munkar al-hadith (rejected)" and Ibn Hibban mentioned him in al-Thiqa (The trustworthy Narrators). Al-Hafiz said: "Da'if".

I (al-Albani) say: BUT THE HADITH IS SAHIH, for - verily - it has a witness (shahid) in the hadith of Zayd b. Arqam.

Ref: Muhammad Nasr al-Din al-Albani, "Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Sahihah wa Shayhun min Fiqhihah wa Fawaidihah" (Riyadh: Maktabah al-Ma'arif li al-Nashr wa al-Tawzi: 1st edition, 1415H), vol. 4 p. 355 - 356, #1761

Hasan gharib
'Allamah al-Albani explains:

I say: "The reason for that is whenever al-Tirmidhi says "hasan gharib", he only means in his terminologies that its chain is independently hasan.'
~ Muhammad Nasr al-Din al-Albani, "Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Da'ifah wa al-mawduah wa Atharibah al-Sayyiah fi al-Ummah" (Riyadh: Dar al-Ma'arif, 1st edition, 1412H), vol. 2 p. 185, #764

Summary of Zayd b. al-Hassan al-Anmati:
1. Ibn Hibban (d. 354H) consider him Thiqa (trustworthy)

2. Imam Tirmidhi (d. 279H) accepts him as being independently hasan (good). This shows that he consider him reliable.

3. Imam Abu Hatim (d. 277H) calls him munkar hadith - rejected, very weak

4. Al-Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (d. 852H) also declared him to be da'if.

It is obvious Abu Hatim was the ONLY scholar who deemed Zayd b. al-Hasan al-Anmati unreliable because al-Hafiz ibn Hajar, a much later scholar, only adopted Abu Hatim's negative rating

Imam al-Dhahabi says this about Imam Abu Hatim:

"When Abu Hatim declared a narrator to be thiqa (trustworthy), then hold fast to his statement, because he never declared a narrator to be thiqa except a narrator whose ahadith are Sahih. When he weakened a narrator, or said about him "he is not accepted as hujjah", then pause until you have seen what others also said about him (i.e the narrator). If there was A SINGLE other person who declared him (i.e the narrator) to be thiqa (trustworthy), then do NOT adopt the criticism of Abu Hatim, because he was pigheaded in rijal"

~Uthman al-Dhahabi, Siyar A'lam al-Nubala (Beirut: Muasassat al-Risalah: 9th edition, 1413H), vol. 13 p.260, #129.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 6:37am On Aug 11, 2014
vedaxcool:
Further more, the correct verdict on the hadith is that it is Dha'if due to the Atiyah, who the commentator of Jami' Tirmidhi Al Mubarakpuri identifies as Atiyah Al Awfi. Shaikh Al Islam states regarding hi in his Taqrib:

Its obvious your website doesn't know that Isnad with Atiyah Al Awfi is another version entirely and by default, you as a copy-paster doesn't know too.

Here's the version brother:

From Abu Saeid al-Khudri:

A'atiya narrated from Abu Saeid al-Khudri that the prophet said: "I am leaving among you the Thaqalayn. One of them is greater than the other. The Book of Allah and my progeny, my Ahlul Bayt. These two shall not separate from each other till they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)"

In another narration with the same Isnad: "I am leaving amongst you that which if you take (your religion) from you shall never stray after me. Two weighty things, one of them is greater than the other, the Book of Allah which is like a rope stretching from the Heaven to Earth and my progeny, my Ahlul Bayt. They will never separate until they meet me at the Fountain."
ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ ﺍﺑﻦ ﻧﻤﻴﺮ، ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻤﻠﻚ ﻳﻌﻨﻲ ﺍﺑﻦ ﺃﺑﻲ ﺳﻠﻴﻤﺎﻥ، ﻋﻦ
ﻋﻄﻴﺔ، ﻋﻦ ﺃﺑﻲ ﺳﻌﻴﺪ ﺍﻟﺨﺪﺭﻱ ﻗﺎﻝ: ﻗﺎﻝ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ)ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺁﻟﻪ()) :ﺇﻧﻲ ﻗﺪ ﺗﺮﻛﺖ ﻓﻴﻜﻢ ﺍﻟﺜﻘﻠﻴﻦ ﺃﺣﺪﻫﻤﺎ ﺃﻛﺒﺮ ﻣﻦ
ﺍﻵﺧﺮ ﻛﺘﺎﺏ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﺰ ﻭﺟﻞ ﺣﺒﻞ ﻣﻤﺪﻭﺩ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﺴﻤﺎﺀ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻷﺭﺽ
ﻭﻋﺘﺮﺗﻲ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺑﻴﺘﻲ ﺃﻻ ﺇﻧﻬﻤﺎ ﻟﻦ ﻳﻔﺘﺮﻗﺎ ﺣﺘﻰ ﻳﺮﺩﺍ ﻋﻠﻲ ﺍﻟﺤﻮﺽ.((
ﻭﺑﻨﻔﺲ ﺍﻟﺴﻨﺪ ﻳﺮﻭﻳﻪ ﺃﻳﻀﺎ ﺑﻠﻔﻆ)) :ﺇﻧﻲ ﻗﺪ ﺗﺮﻛﺖ ﻓﻴﻜﻢ ﻣﺎ ﺇﻥ
ﺃﺧﺬﺗﻢ ﺑﻪ ﻟﻦ ﺗﻀﻠﻮﺍ ﺑﻌﺪﻱ، ﺍﻟﺜﻘﻠﻴﻦ ﺃﺣﺪﻫﻤﺎ ﺃﻛﺒﺮ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻵﺧﺮ ﻛﺘﺎﺏ
ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺣﺒﻞ ﻣﻤﺪﻭﺩ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﺴﻤﺎﺀ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻷﺭﺽ ﻭﻋﺘﺮﺗﻲ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺑﻴﺘﻲ ﺃﻻ
ﻭﺇﻧﻬﻤﺎ ﻟـﻦ ﻳﻔﺘﺮﻗﺎ ﺣﺘﻰ ﻳﺮﺩﺍ ﻋﻠﻲ ﺍﻟﺤﻮﺽ((

As usual in the Sunni/Salafi world, No unification on ilm rijal. Some scholars viewed A'atiya as reliable while others weakened him as a narrator.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by vedaxcool(m): 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
AlBaqir:

Vedaxcool, you are threading a path you have little or no knowledge of - science of Hadith. Copy-pasting an opinion just to have an opposite say will always expose that.

But na copy and paste dey make the spambot hide your post!! Na wa oh mr. "knowledge" , grin grin grin
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by nairablog(m): 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
Abu Hurairah (RA) related that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “if one of you ends up at a gathering let him extend the greeting of peace, then, let him sit if he deems it better to sit. Then if he stands, if he stands let him extend greetings of peace, for the first (greeting, which he gave upon arriving) is not more than the last (i.e. the greeting he gives when leaving).” (Abu Daawuud)....read more here...http://al-athariy..com/2014/08/manners-in-islam.html
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by nairablog(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
the Ahlus-Sunnah and those who adhere to their creed are the main sect which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be with him)...............
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2016
vedaxcool:
“I am going to leave with you two heavy burdens. The first of them is the Book of Allah: in it is the true guidance and the light. Therefore, hold fast to it.” Then he (the Prophet) prompted and induced the Muslims to adhere to the Book of God. [/b]Then he said: [b]“And my household. I remind you of Allah in matters relating to my household. I remind you of Allah in matters relating to my household. I remind you of Allah in matters relating to my household.”

This remains the authentic version of the hadith which doesn't convey the shia point of view of MONARCHY.

We see once again the hadith does not convey the sense shias attribute to it. No evidence of "divine" Selection in the Qur'an. As I have shown in my previous post only followers of the sunnah follow the hadith to the letter.

Say: I do not ask from you any fee (ajran) except for love of the[/my] close relatives. [{al-Qur'an 42:23}]

This is insightful......

1 Like

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 6:47am On Aug 07, 2016
^Here's the full hadith as documented in sahih Muslim. Note the exact wording of the Prophet in Red.

Imam Muslim documents:

Zubayr b. Harb and Shuja b. Mukhlid - Ibn Ulayyah: Zubayr - Ismail b. Ibrahim - Abu Hayyan - Yazid b. Hayyan:

I went along with Hasin b. Sabra and Umar b. Muslim to Zayd b. Arqam. When we sat with him, Hasin said to him:

"You have earned, O Zayd, a lot of good. You saw the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, and you heard his ḥadīth, and you fought by his side, and you offered Ṣalāt behind him. You have earned, O Zayd, a lot of good. Narrate to us, O Zayd, what you heard from the Messenger of Allāh.”

He replied, “O son of my brother, I swear by Allāh, I have grown old and my time has passed, and I have forgotten some of that which I remembered from the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him. So, whatever ḥadīth I narrate to you, accept (it). And whatever I do not narrate, do not compel me to do that.”

He then said: “One day, the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, stood up to deliver a sermon at a watering place known as (Ghadīr) Khumm situated between Makkah and Madīnah. He praised Allāh and extolled Him, and advised (us), and reminded us (of Allāh and His revelations). Then, he said:

Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh and adhere to it So, he exhorted (to hold fast) to the Book of Allāh and encouraged concerning it. Then, he said: “and my Ahl al-Bayt. I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt.

So, Hasin said to him, "So, who are his Ahl al-Bayt?...

OBSERVATION:
There is a very crucial fact that need to be put into consideration. There is an interpolation by Yazid b. Hayyan into the text of the Prophet's words in the hadith i.e So, he exhorted (to hold fast) to the Book of Allāh and encouraged concerning it. Then, he said

Those highlighted parts are NOT part of the words of the Messenger of Allah. Rather they are commentaries upon the actual hadith. If you delete those interpolated words, the actual hadith becomes:

Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh and adhere to it (Quran) and my Ahl al-Bayt (وستمسكوا به واهل بيتي) I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt.

CORROBORATING EVIDENCES

1. The Sunni Mufassir, Mulla Huwaysh Al Ghazi, confirms this as well:

(Imam) Muslim recorded from Zayd b. Arqam that the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (Thaqalain). The first of them is the Book of Allah. In it there is guidance and light. So hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt...

Source: {Mulla Huwaysh Al Ghazi 'Abd al-Qadir, Bayan al-Ma'ani (Damascus: Matbu'at al-Turki; 1382H), vol.4, p. 37}

2. Allamah al-Albani documented that the Prophet said at Ghadir Khumm, reported by Zayd ibn Arqam:

Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. Whoever adheres to it and holds fast to it, he will be upon guidance; and whosoever belittles it, he will go astray. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh the Most High and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt!

Commenting on it, the ‘Allāmah states: (Ṣaḥīḥ) … [recorded by ‘Abd b. Ḥamīd] from Zayd b. Arqam.

Source: {Abū ‘Abd al-Raḥmān Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn b. al-Ḥajj Nūḥ b. Tajātī b. Ādam al-Ashqūdrī al-Albānī, Ṣaḥīḥ al-Jāmi’ al-Ṣaghīr wa Ziyādātuhu (Al-Maktab al-Islāmī), vol. 1, pp. 286-287, # 1351}

3. Allamah al-Hindi (d. 975H) also documents:

Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. Whoever adheres to it and holds fast to it, he will be upon guidance; and whosoever belittles it, he will go astray. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh the Most High and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt. I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt!

Giving the source, he too says:

Recorded by ‘Abd b. Ḥumayd, from Zayd b. Arqam

Ref: {Alī b. Ḥusām al-Dīn al-Muttaqī al-Hindī, Kanz al-‘Ummāl fī Sunan al-Aqwāl wa Af’āl (Beirut: Muasassat al-Risālah; 1989 H), vol. 1, p. 315, # 898}

So, the command is for both Qur'an and Ahl al-bayt.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by ShiaMuslim: 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
vedaxcool:

You said: "no evidence of divine selection in the Quran" and you refer to Almighty God choosing and purifying lineages for Himself as "monarchy". And very sadly is not your claims but that others too are ignorant of the Quran. They like and share your ignorance/kufr.

Read:

“Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds -Descendants, some of them from others. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.” (Holy Quran 3:33-34)

"…Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet Muhammad's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.” (Holy Quran 33:33)

“And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [Allah] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader (imam) for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [Allah] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." (Holy Quran 2:124)

So to vedaxcool, Allah (swt) choosing, and purifying and exalting lineages/households for His service is equal to MONARCHY like that of al Saud (who imposed themselves using bloodshed)? For your info, Shia Islam views monarchy as having no basis in the Sharia and in the Quran and in Islam. In fact it is unislamic. So I wonder how you can attribute monarchy to those who reject monarchy; and call what is evidently God's selection of families/lineages in the Quran as "baseless"/"no evidence" or "monarchy".

Fear Allah! It's never too late to repent. We are all not angels but when we see the truth let us accept it for what it is even if it offends our sensitivities. The family of Ibrahim (as) is not superior to the family of Muhammad (s) just as Ibrahim (as) is not superior to Muhammad (s).
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by sino(m): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
The Shi'ah love quoting narrations from the Sunni to back their flawed understanding. Ask them to prove the principle of Imamah with the Qur'an, they become terrified grin grin grin

It is one thing to quote narrations upon narrations as well as their authenticities, but it is another to interpret them to suit your opinions and prejudice...Hadith Thaqalyn, the two weighty things...I just learnt that the infallible Imams narrated hadith from mere fallible men, companions of the Prophet (SAW), including Abu Hurairah! OMG! This is a Sunni fabrication i guess, how can the infallible narrate from fallible, I guess they got revelations like the prophet innit?! You guys may try to explain how the Imams got their knowledge o, and please bring authentic proofs.

Another question, where are the ahlu-l-bayt today?! We do have the Qur'an with us and we surely have the authentic hadiths of the Prophet (SAW) which is quite higher than any of the Imams, unless the Imams got new revelations unknown to the Prophet (SAW)...Now before you come up with the saying of the Imams documented in your books, remember how your books are filled with fabrications, which brings another question, why?! How did the Imams guide you shi'ah when we cannot even trust the books that contain their words?! Please feel free to bring evidences, and they must be authentic chain and content cool

1 Like

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rafidi: 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
sino:
The Shi'ah love quoting narrations from the Sunni to back their flawed understanding. Ask them to prove the principle of Imamah with the Qur'an, they become terrified grin grin grin
It is one thing to quote narrations upon narrations as well as their authenticities, but it is another to interpret them to suit your opinions and prejudice...Hadith Thaqalyn, the two weighty things...I just learnt that the infallible Imams narrated hadith from mere fallible men, companions of the Prophet (SAW), including Abu Hurairah! OMG! This is a Sunni fabrication i guess, how can the infallible narrate from fallible, I guess they got revelations like the prophet innit?! You guys may try to explain how the Imams got their knowledge o, and please bring authentic proofs.
Another question, where are the ahlu-l-bayt today?! We do have the Qur'an with us and we surely have the authentic hadiths of the Prophet (SAW) which is quite higher than any of the Imams, unless the Imams got new revelations unknown to the Prophet (SAW)...Now before you come up with the saying of the Imams documented in your books, remember how your books are filled with fabrications, which brings another question, why?! How did the Imams guide you shi'ah when we cannot even trust the books that contain their words?! Please feel free to bring evidences, and they must be authentic chain and content cool

Very poor imaginations.... tongue
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Demmzy15(m): 12:11am On Aug 08, 2016
Rafidi:

Very poor imaginations.... tongue
He raised many points in his post, can you address them for the sake of the audience!? angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 5:36am On Aug 08, 2016
sino:

Eyin nsoro gannn o grin

# Shia love quoting Sunni ahadith?! Yes! Is Shia ahadith a hujjah upon you?

# You forgot the verse of Imamah Ni where Allah appointed Nabi Ibrahim as the Leader of mankind. And his offspring succeeded him by Allah's order.

# Verse of Istafa nko? Once Allah prefer certain Prophet over mankind, his offspring are automatically preferred as well over mankind except the transgressors among them.

# Why should you want that of Nabi Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa ahli to be different yet you recite salat Ibrahimiyyah by order of the Quran. Whatever happens to Ibrahim should happen to Muhammad.

sino:

Another question, where are the ahlu-l-bayt today?! We do have the Qur'an with us

Are you a disbeliever in the saying of the Prophet? His divine word is emphatically clear faah, "Both (Quran and Ahl al-Bayt) shall NEVER be separated until they meet me at the hawd. Indeed Hadith Thaqalain is a hujjah against you fi duniya wal akhira
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 9:01am On Aug 08, 2016
^^^
Imam Ibn Kathir (d. 774 H):

In the ṣaḥīḥ report, it is recorded that the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, said in his sermon at Ghadīr Khumm: “I am leaving behind over you the Two Weighty Things (al-thaqalayn): THE BOOK OF ALLAH AND MY OFFSPRING, AHL AL-BAYT. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount.

Ref: {Abū al-Fidā Ismā’īl b. ‘Umar b. Kathīr al-Qurashī al-Dimashqī, Tafsīr al-Qur’ān al-‘Aẓīm (Dār al-Ṭaybah li al-Nashr wa al-Tawzī’; 2nd edition, 1420 H) [annotator: Sāmī b. Muḥammad Salāmah], vol. 7, p. 201}

This statement prove a lot of things among which are: The Ismat of Ahl al-bayt, their correct interpretation of the Quran, their physical existence with the Quran etc.

However just like the Ummah abandoned Quran (as part of the complaint the Prophet will make on the day of Qiyamat as stated in the Quran), so has the Ahl al-Bayt being abandoned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Ever Muslim Gay Wedding In Uk Holds / Jpiliya, lets talk about Islam since the christianity talk is at dead end. / For Mukina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.