Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an (8804 Views)

Shekau's Evil Mentality Against The Holy Qur’an / Lessons Learnt from the Hadith Of The Lost Necklace / Sleep Etiquette And Dream Interpretation In Light Of The Sunnah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by tbaba1234: 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rilwayne001: And Bro Al baqir and tbaba1234.

You have'nt address the second Version “My community will divine into seventy three sects all but one the zindiqs will enter the Garden”

Read my previous comments...
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
Also......

“And indeed this, your religion, is one religion , and I am your Lord, so fear Me. But the people divided their religion among them into sects – each faction, in what it has, rejoicing.” ( Holy Qur’an 23:52-53 )
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
tbaba1234:

Read my previous comments...

I cant fiñd ur previous comment on it..

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by tbaba1234: 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rilwayne001:

I cant fiñd ur previous comment on it..

tbaba1234: Rilwayne001, let me give you a piece of advice.
I have been blessed to study a bit of the Quran but I do not make comments on hadiths until I see qualified commentary.
A hadith is classfied as sahih based on solid evidence, and scholars have commentaries on similar hadiths.
It is best to see these commentaries and the evidence that makes it sahih before commenting.
And Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
tbaba1234:

which means it is not sahih

Rilwayne001: Also......
“And indeed this, your religion, is one religion , and I am your Lord, so fear Me. But the people divided their religion among them into sects – each faction, in what it has, rejoicing.” ( Holy Qur’an 23:52-53 )

Please make some explanations on the above too
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rilwayne001: ^^ I was actually expecting you sir..

but please kindly cite the hadith that end with "my companion" and not Al jamaha

“My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of
whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said:
Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said:
(Those who follow) that which I and my
companions follow.

~Sahih al-Tirmidhi (hadith no. 2641)

Narrated byAbdullah ibn Amr: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: There will befall my Ummah exactly (all those) evils which befell the people of Isra'il, so much so that if there was one amongst them who openly committed fornication with his mother there will be among my Ummah one who will do that, and if the people of Isra'il were fragmented into seventy-two sects my Ummah will be fragmented into seventy-three sects. All of them will be in Hell Fire except one sect. They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, which is
that? Whereupon he said: It is one to which I and my companions belong.
(Tirmidhi Hadith No. 171)
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by tbaba1234: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rilwayne001:

which means it is not sahih

I have to understand a hadith to a good extent before commenting on it.

Its grade, what have been said and the evidence of its strength.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
AlBaqir:

“My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of
whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said:
Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said:
“(Those who follow) that which I and my
companions follow.”
~Sahih al-Tirmidhi (hadith no. 2641)

There is a peroblem here and if i get well that means. (Sunan Ibn Majah, no. 3982 ) contradict with the one you just cited.?

AlBaqir: I just cited this in hurry in sha Allah I will bring more references and exact quote.

Okay
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
tbaba1234:

I have to understand a hadith to a good extent before commenting on it.
Its grade, what have been said and the evidence of its strength.

Okay sir..but how about this one

“My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” ~Sahih al-Tirmidhi (hadith no. 2641)

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rilwayne001: And Bro Al baqir and tbaba1234.

You have'nt address the second Version “My community will divide into seventy three sects all but one the zindiqs will enter the Garden”

Am afraid this hadith need reference for us to verify its Isnad (chain of transmitter). No doubt it is in contrast with the first hadith in a reverse order.

Truth only has a path. Two people of truth can never fight each other. It is only Falsehood that has many paths and constantly at loggerhead with the truth.

You can easily see the synchronization between this hadith ^ and the hadith "al-ikhtilaf ummat rahma - the difference among my Ummah is mercy" which many scholars of ahlu Sunnah declared to be a fabrication.

Going through the reference and Isnad of that hadith ^, I want to be believe its also a fabrication.

Rilwayne001:

You and I have discussed this noble verse before.
www.nairaland.com/1588139/shia-sunni-muslim/2

The word used for the underline is "Ummah" meaning "brotherhood". The addressee were the messengers (Rasulu).

ALL messengers irrespective of their tribes, color and 'age (of old or new from Adam to Muhammad)' are of SINGLE brotherhood who conveyed the same message. But people (followers) e.g Jew, Christian, sabiean and Muslims could not maintain these brotherhood established by their respective prophets.

Likewise there are many ayah of the noble Quran that call upon MEN as a whole and remind us we were created from ONE single parents, Adam and Eve; and urge unity under the banner of ONE creator.

Reality however is, free-will, desires, ego and influence of shaytan, could not make us (man as a whole) unite.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 11:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rilwayne001:

There is a problem here and if i get well that means. (Sunan Ibn Majah, no. 3982 ) contradict with the one you just cited.?

Sure its a contradiction; hence, the extra miles Sunni scholars race to "patch-patch" the two hadith together. "Al-jama'ah (community)" and "(those who follow) I and my companions (wa as'habih)".
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2014
Imam shafi'i (ra) interpreting the "rope of Allah" we are asked to hold on to as the ahl al-bayt (as) of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family), he writes:

"When I saw different religions and jurisprudential schools steering towards ignorance and misguidance, I embarked in the name of God on the ark of salvation i.e. the family of the Seal of Prophets and got hold of the divine covenant which is the very love of them. Indeed, God has commanded us to hold fast to the divine covenant."

Likewise Tafsir Thalabi, Imam suyuti, al-Hakim al-Nisabouri et al concur that the "rope of Allah" mentioned by Allah which we are commanded to hold on to are the ahl al-bayt.

Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani writes after citing the hadith "Behold! My Ahl al-bayt are like the Ark of Noah; whoever embarked in it is saved, and whoever turned away from it is perished" (al-Mustadrak ala Sahihain by al-hakim, vol. 3 p. 151), he comments:

"The simile of the Ark of Noah signifies that those who will love and honor the Ahl al-Bayt and derive benefit from their guidance will be rescued from the darkness of opposition, and those who will turn against them will be drowned in the sea of ingratitude and will perish in the desert of insubordination and rebellion."

(Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, Sawaiq al-Muhriqah, chap. 11 p. 91)

It is only for truth-seekers to decide how far Ibn Hajar (and other scholars) is justified in rejecting the guidance of the Imams in matters of fundamental articles of faith, rites, observances and laws, and why they do not derive benefit from the teachings of the Ahl al-bayt regarding the interpretations of the Quran, the Sunnah, Morality and sociology. Why, therefore, had they turned away and drowned themselves in the sea of rebellion and disobedience, and why had they chosen to perish in the desert of ingratitude? However, may Allah forgive Ibn Hajar (and other Ulama of his like) for the false allegations which he has made against the Shi'a, and the abuses he has heaped upon shi'a in his books.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
AlBaqir:

Sure its a contradiction; hence, the extra miles Sunni scholars race to "patch-patch" the two hadith together. "Al-jama'ah (community)" and "(those who follow) I and my companions (wa as'habih)".

Sir, are you saying that of (Sunan Ibn Majah, no. 3982 ) is a forgery
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by tbaba1234: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Abu Hurairah said that the Messenger of Allah ( ) said:

“The believer should not be stung from the same hole twice.”

Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)

English reference : Vol. 1,Book 36, Hadith 3982
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
tbaba1234:
Abu Hurairah said that the Messenger of Allah ( ) said:
“The believer should not be stung from the same hole twice.”
Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)
English reference : Vol. 1,Book 36, Hadith 3982

I dont understand the bolded sir....kindly explain please
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by tbaba1234: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

I dont understand the bolded sir....kindly explain please

That is the hadith according to the reference you gave.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
tbaba1234:

That is the hadith according to the reference you gave.

It was reported from ‘Awf ibn Maalik who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire.” It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.” Sunan Ibn Maajah, no. 3982.

no?
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by tbaba1234: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

It was reported from ‘Awf ibn Maalik who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire.” It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.” Sunan Ibn Maajah, no. 3982.

no?

That hadith is saheeh. Must be the Arabic reference.

It is also reported in Abu Dawood (4597)
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
tbaba1234:

That hadith is saheeh. Must be the Arabic reference.

It is also reported in Abu Dawood (4597)

Okay sir, but am having problem with bro albaqir about the hadith, where it says "al jamah" and " my companion". I will have to wait for him to come and clarify the matter.

Meanwhile, there is still a question for you which might be my last question, the question is right there in the OP.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by tbaba1234: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Okay sir, but am having problem with bro albaqir about the hadith, where it says "al jamah" and " my companion". I will have to wait for him to come and clarify the matter.

Meanwhile, there is still a question for you which might be my last question, the question is right there in the OP.

Albaqir is shia so he might not agree with that hadith.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
tbaba1234:

I know, but i still want him to come and states the reason for his disagreement
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

I firmly believe based on established facts and evidences that:

1. The one that ends with: "the group that follows my path and that of my companions"

*Which group among the companions was the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) referring to considering the fact that prophet fore-told there would be many companions of his; in fact, close companions, that their abode is hell due to their Bid'a after his demise(sahih bukhari and muslim and others)?

History also revealed that Sahaba fought and killed themselves with great animosity between them. They form sects and sub-sects.

2. The one that ends with "Jama'a (community)".
i.e the group that constitute the main or large body of the muslim.

* If muslim will divide into 73 groups/sects/factions and only 1 will enter Janah (paradise); its only sensible for that 1 to be minority NEVER the majority.

Sunni is sub-divided among themselves! Shi'a is sub-divided among themselves!
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
I FIRMLY BELIEVED THAT BOTH CONCLUSIONS WERE FORGED IN THE MAIN BODY HADITH

The question however is what is the characteristic that will distinguish those "Jama'a"?

A. If you consider this hadith:
"Adhere to my sunnah and the sunnah of the rightly-guided successors after me. Hold on to it and cling on to it stubbornly."
(al-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah)

* Every muslims claimed to follow the sunnah of the prophet; and fight hard to prove that.

* Who are the "rightly-guided caliphs"? This is another conspiracy theory in the fact that we have been LIED to without a single evidence, only conjecture, that they were 4 in number, and in this order: Abu Bakar > Umar > Uthman > Ali

The truth is they are 12 in number:

Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Tirmidhi, Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbali (d.241 H) record this authentic hadith from Jabir Ibn. Samurah:

'I heard the prophet saying: "There will be for this Ummah TWELVE KHALIFAHS"

Imam Ahmad, bukhari, muslim again documents the same hadith as above with this conclusion:
"...all of them from Quraysh"

* Sahih Bukhari 89.329
* Sahih Muslim : Book 020: Number 4477, 4478, 4480, 4481, 4482, 4483
* Sunan Abu Dawood : Book 36: Number 4266
* Sunan al-Tirmidhi (Arabic) Chapter of Fitan, 2:45 (India) and 4:501 Tradition # 2225 (Egypt) Hadith #2149 (numbering of al-'Alamiyyah)

B. If another hadith is brought forward:

"I leave amongst you...the Book of God and the sunnah of His prophet"

This hadith with the bolded part had been proven to be forged and concocted:
www.nairaland.com/1470614/how-authentic-hadith-leave-amongst

That left with the "hadith al-Thaqalayn"
"I leave amongst over you TWO WEIGHTY things that if you ADHERE TO THEM, you will NEVER GO ASTRAY; the Book of God and my progeny, my ahl al-bayt. My Lord has promised me that both will never separated till they meet me at the hawd (pool on the day of judgment)"

This hadith has more than 30 isnad (chain of transmitters) and recorded in the sahih sittah (except Bukhari); and many other classical books and collections of hadith. The importance is highlighted here:
www.nairaland.com/1470614/how-authentic-hadith-leave-amongst

Another hadith of the same version:

Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani in his "Sahih al-Jami' al-Saghir wa Ziyadatuhu (Al-Maktab al-Islami), vol. 1 p. 482, hadith no. 2457 records the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) to have said:

"I am leaving behind over you TWO KHALIFAHS; the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount"

Then, the Sheik (al-Albani) comments:
*Sahih.

I however submit that perhaps what the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) actually said in the concluding part of that hadith of 73 sects is:

"...the group that follow my path and the path of my ahl al-bayt"

It is evident that the ahl al-bayt were turned against after the demise of the prophet:

'Ali (as) said:
'I swear by Allah, verily, the Ummi Prophet (peace be on him and his family) told me: "They will soon betray you after me"

~Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani, al-Matalib al-'Aliyah bi Zawaid al-Masanid al-Thamaniyyah, vol. 16 p. 64, #3919

Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani through another different chain quoted the second hadith:
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "Verily, this Ummah will soon betray you after me."
~vol.16, p. 65, #3920

Al-Hakim also included the report in his 'al-Mustadrak ala sahihayn, vol. 3 p.150, #4676
'Ali said:
"Verily, part of what the prophet, peace be upon him, told me is that the ummah would soon betray me after him

Every transmitter in the chain of these three report is Thiqa (trustworthy), accurate.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
tbaba1234:

Pls bro stick to the point. Forget Albaqir. Explain or submit your scholars explanation. This is dialogue and a research work.

1. Is the two version hadith exist or not?

2. Are they contradictory? If not explain each, and give the agreement between the two.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 07, 2014
I took my time to read this thread. Though I don't have much to contribute because I'm still seeking for knowledge. Following thread.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by Rilwayne001: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2014
AlBaqir:

I firmly believe based on established facts and evidences that:

1. The one that ends with: "the group that follows my path and that of my companions"

*Which group among the companions was the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) referring to considering the fact that prophet fore-told there would be many companions of his; in fact, close companions, that their abode is hell due to their Bid'a after his demise(sahih bukhari and muslim and others)?

History also revealed that Sahaba fought and killed themselves with great animosity between them. They form sects and sub-sects.

2. The one that ends with "Jama'a (community)".
i.e the group that constitute the main or large body of the muslim.

* If muslim will divide into 73 groups/sects/factions and only 1 will enter Janah (paradise); its only sensible for that 1 to be minority NEVER the majority.

Sunni is sub-divided among themselves! Shi'a is sub-divided among themselves!

If we are to follow your explanation (especially @bolded), those that will make heaven will be the minority, while the majority are going to hell...right

Yet, still ambigous...

1 Like

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

If we are to follow your explanation (especially @bolded), those that will make heaven will be the minority, while the majority are going to hell...right

Yet, still ambigous...

The bolded part is simply in response and counter to the feeble interpretation of the Sunni scholars to the word Jama'a - community. Who am I to declare "hell" for those who say 'La illaha illa Allah muhammad Rasulullah'; and who established salat, fast, pay zakat/sadaqat, perform Hajj and work righteously?

Rilwayne001, the ahlu sunnah wal Jama'a popularly known as Sunni constitute the main muslim group. Their scholars (past and present) are desperate to prove their creed to be that only sect with salvation. Thereby, they never cease to interpret the "Jama'a" as the main body or large muslim group. And they deceive themselves of being the only sect following the right teachings of Muhammad (peace be on him and his family); hence, the self given name "Ahlu sunnah - people of sunnah" I was a core Sunni muslim before I entered the similitude of Ark of Noah.

The underlined part ^"wal Jama'a - and the community" was an included acronyms by Mu'awiyyah ibn Abi Sufyan after the battle of Siffin against Imam Ali (as).

Mu'awiyyah was a dirty politician and by way of his cunning attitude was able to "unite" all various muslim's factions under one banner against 'Ali ibn abi talib (as); and added the word wal Jama'a to the previously named Ahlu sunnah by his co-workers.

Abu bakar, Umar, Uthman and other prominent companions never used the word wal Jama'a. It was first used by Mu'awiyyah whom during his reign, established a factory where hadith ascribed to the prophet are being manufactured. Such hadith is the concocted conclusion of the hadith of 73sects.

A great modern Sunni Quran exegist (muffasir), muhadith, historian and researcher Abu A'la Mawdudi compiled an extensive work titled "al-Khilafah wa Mulkiyyah (Caliphate and kingship)". He exposed the atrocities committed by both Uthman ibn Affan and Mu'awiyyah Ibn Abi sufyan during their respective reign as khalifa.

It is worth mentioning that Mu'awiyyah established monarchy in Islam. He named himself as the 1st king of Islam. Scholars of that time were his subject and they dare not say a word against him. Although the brave among them lost their lives.

Wa salam alaykum.
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by vedaxcool(m): 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
AlBaqir:

It is worth mentioning that Mu'awiyyah established monarchy in Islam. He named himself as the 1st king of Islam. Scholars of that time were his subject and they dare not say a word against him. Although the brave among them lost their lives.

Wa salam alaykum.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Shia thoughts

Ali passes caliphate to Son - Son passes it to his own son - Son passes it to his own son . . . son = MONARCHY

When will all these lies stop?

1 Like

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Shia thoughts

Ali passes caliphate to Son - Son passes it to his own son - Son passes it to his own son . . . son = MONARCHY

When will all these lies stop?

Gbuaaaaa! Don't be scared o. No be bomb Na Quran al-kareem!

Imagine the Ibrahimic Tree with the divine selection NOT MONARCHY! grin
Allah says:
"And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise (Imamah) is not within the reach of evil-doers."

He says also:
"Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Ibrahim and the family of 'Imran over the worlds

Descendants, some of them from others. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing."

The selection of 'Ali and his sons is by Nass (divine selection) by Allah and His prophet.

That of Mu'awiyyah was established by himself: MONARCHY! And Allah says:

...He answered: "But My Promise (Imamah) is not within the reach of evil-doers."

It is interesting that Mu'awiyyah named himself King I of Islam.

Salam alaykum
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2014
AlBaqir:

Gbuaaaaa! Don't be scared o. No be bomb Na Quran al-kareem!

Imagine the Ibrahimic Tree with the divine selection NOT MONARCHY! grin
Allah says:
"And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise (Imamah) is not within the reach of evil-doers."

He says also:
"Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Ibrahim and the family of 'Imran over the worlds

Descendants, some of them from others. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing."

The selection of 'Ali and his sons is by Nass (divine selection) by Allah and His prophet.

That of Mu'awiyyah was established by himself: MONARCHY! And Allah says:

...He answered: "But My Promise (Imamah) is not within the reach of evil-doers."

It is interesting that Mu'awiyyah named himself King I of Islam.

Salam alaykum

grin grin whatever mouth gymnastics u are doing only serve in decieving yourself more, monarchy is monarchy regardless of whatever reason u weave around it. Now the lies. Divine selection, that is a rib cracker, grin. In the entire Qur'an, where Allah would have stated his divine selection, no single place is the name of Ali mentioned talkless of pronouncing him to be king or caliph and by extension Ali sons, once again, there was no divine selection. Compounding the problem , descendants of Ali all seem to be nominated by people who argued and differed amongst themselves over who is actually king, typically monarchy in form and substance, various princes tend to take themselves to be rightfully king. Surely the "divine" selection u speak about couldn't have been filled with so much ambiguity, oh wait, it is filled with numerous ambiguity because in reality there was no divine selection, just the words of shias who felt monarchy a system with little on merit, should be the way they rule themselves.

Salam grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by AlBaqir(m): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
^"It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error."
~Quran 33:36

Here's the holy prophet's will:

The holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) gathered his Ummah in his last Hajj at Arafat, Ghadir Khum and on his death-bed, he proclaimed:

"I am leaving behind over you TWO WEIGHTY THINGS so long you adhere to them, you will NEVER go astray; the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount"
~Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Abu Dawud, Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbali, et al.

Allamah Nasir Deen al-Albani in his "Sahih al-Jami' al-Saghir wa Ziyadatuhu (Al-Maktab al-Islami), vol. 1 p. 482, hadith no. 2457 records the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) to have said yet in another version of hadith thaqalain called 'hadith Khalifatain':

"I am leaving behind over you TWO KHALIFAHS; the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount"

Then, Sheik (al-Albani) comments: *Sahih.

You are free for accusing the prophet of "Monarchy".
Re: Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an by vedaxcool(m): 11:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
^

Having failed in providing any evidence from the Qur'an about the "divine" selection he spoke about, baqirs runs to hadiths for solace. Now point I made still stands and as we have seen so far baqir has no evidence that Allah divinely selected either Ali or his sons as caliphs or kings, in essence the Qur'an being the word of Allah would have simply stated this shia position about "divine" selection.

My position still stands it is immoral to accuse muawiyyah of introducing monarchy when that simply remains a shia position.
Baqir goes on to quote a hadith to validate the shia position, but truth is, he holds unto a weaker position, clearly showing when one wants to deceive himself there is little we can do to help him out of it.

There are several rendering of the hadith in sahih muslim let's take a look at them;

1. Hadith #6378, Bab Fadha'il Ali ibn Abi Talib,
from Yazid ibn Hayyan who narrates what
Zayd ibn Arqam said:
The Prophet said: "I am leaving among you
two weighty things: the one being the Book of
Allah in which there is right guidance and
light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and
adhere to it.' He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to
the Book of Allah."
Then the Prophet said:
And the People of my House, I remind you
about the people of my house (thrice).

One thing you will immediately notice is that this rendering of the hadith does not convey the MONARCHY baqir wants to convince us about, it restates the primacy of the Qur'an in Islam and then reminds the believers about showing love and respect to the family of the prophet pbuh.

This version has been reported (with very minor
variations, if any) in Sahih Muslim, Musnad Ahmad,
Sunan Daarimiy, and others. In Sahih Muslim #5922, we also find that the following was said: “The Book of Allah contains right guidance, the light, and whoever adheres to it and holds it fast, he is upon right guidance and whosoever deviates from it goes
astray.”

The hadith Baqirs quotes have been identified as weak, the second version of this hadith in Tirmidh is stated as being "Hasan Gharib" with the phrase "the two shall not part " and "you shall not go astray":
It passes through Zayd Ibn Al Hasan who is
Dha'if as Shaikh Al Islam Ibn Hajar states in
his Taqirb. And a Hasan Gharib Hadith does not form any grounds when it comes to aspects of Aqidah for a Gharib hadith is one that is a truly singular narration – one that comes only through X -. Further more, the correct verdict on the hadith is that it is Dha'if due to the Atiyah, who the commentator of Jami' Tirmidhi Al Mubarakpuri identifies as Atiyah Al Awfi. Shaikh Al Islam states regarding hi in his Taqrib: He is reliable with alot of mistakes (Yukthi Kasirun). He was a Shia and a concealer.

But which group of muslims follow the authetic version of this hadith to the letter?

The followers of the sunnah hold unto the Qur'an and accepts its authenticity without any doubts while shias such as khoemieni have claimed it has been tempered with and many classical shia scholars hold such opinion, this they do to explain away the absence of any proof of the "divine" selection.

Again the followers of the sunnah of the prophet respect the family of the prophet pbuh, yet on the other hand we see shias insult certain wives of the prophet pbuh while at the same time denying the existence of some of his daughters.

One wish shias would learn to follow the words they quotes not just when they want to argue about it.

We clearly see that MONARCHY or whatever baqir's call it is neither sanctioned in the Qur'an or sunnah, but remains a shia position.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds / What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? / Ruling On Giving Medicine To The Patient Without His Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.