Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

What Pro-GEJ Should Be Talking About Jonathan's Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Pro-GEJ Should Be Talking About Jonathan's Administration (559 Views)

2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley / List Of Pro-GEJ Paid Laptop Guys On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Pro-GEJ Should Be Talking About Jonathan's Administration by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
I wish Jonathan's government well. Though a critic of some of his policies/dÉcisions that I don't agree with. Despite my critÍcism, I acknowledge some areas where Jonathan has been impressive buy unfortunately, his PR Aides and supporters has done a great disservice to the President by not saying these things to the public to get public support. Some of these things are:

1. Inflation Rate: thanks to CBN's monetary policy, inflation rate now stand on a single digit. Compared to the double digit of previous administrations (from ibb to yar adua).

2. PIB bill: This bill has the full blessings of Jonathan and the Petroleum Minister. Unfortunately, the NASS is divided over it due to "ethnic issues" though everyone agreed that it will help the petroleum industry. Shame to NASS

3. FOI Law: Jonathan made history and made the World proud when he supported the speedy passage of FOI bill and passed it into law without delay. If I am to forgive his mistakes, it will be because of the FOI law.

4. Agriculture Revamp: Jonathan will go down memory lane as the leader who saw need for the call of the revamp of Agriculture. Though Obj laid the foundation.

5. Upward review of Minimum wage/Youth Corp Members Allowance: if only Jonathan Aides and supporters can capitalise on this.

6. INEC Autonomy: Maurice Iwu led Inec was a defacto extension of Obasanjo's Office as President. Jonathan on the other hand has allowed Jega to do his job without inteferrence. Under Jonathan, Opposition regained Osun and Ekiti States through the Court. PDP Incumbent Gov in OYO and pro-Jonathan Govt of Ogun lost to opposition in 2011. PDP also lost in EDO state. This is unprecedented in Nigeria's electoral history.

7. Auto policy to favor our manufacturing sector...kudos Jonathan.

8. Respect of Court order and relative calm in the face of personal abuse by the opposition.

Others are:

Electricity Privatization: Yar adua destroyed what obj laid, Jonathan's privatization is commendable. However, I am anticipating its positive manifestation.

Youth Initiatives: nice one but chartalans hijacked it.

There are pretty others though. If Jonathan's handlers can dwell on these and others they will do the President a favor rather than ethno-religious attack.
Re: What Pro-GEJ Should Be Talking About Jonathan's Administration by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
If Jonathan can:
Fight corruption
Prosecute his corrupt cabinet members and aides
Fix the Security issue
Reduce the potency of insurgents
Stop the blame game
Dissociate himself from ethno-religious tribalists ans aides
Change his cabinet etc, he will not only earn my vote but wl become the best President in history.

God bless Naija
#barcanista

(1) (Reply)

NO PRESS COVERAGE: An Alternative To The African Summit / Why I Want To Be Next Governor Of Rivers – Julius Agwu / Watch The Video Of Jonathan Calling Sawyer "A Crazy Man"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.