Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:38 AM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (119846 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
3Dimension: I've missed this thread
Wlcm back
@ Taiwoadeyemi, I see you o
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Lorlaahlozz: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gudede evening here
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONOCHAS(m): 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Looks like Rose is not alone
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DonGoK(f): 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Tell d wicked it won't b well with dem. So d bible says n so shall b d portion of Toyosi... grin let's mind our actions toward oda pple, Able or disabled.[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tenajtek(f): 4:19am On Sep 13, 2014
All dis heart breaking stories makes me think if sammyhoe is a wicked person, has been through similar condition, or he is simply a genius. What do u think? Welldone sammy.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 13, 2014
tenajtek: All dis heart breaking stories makes me think if sammyhoe is a wicked person, has been through similar condition, or he is simply a genius. What do u think? Welldone sammy.

Hmm. These are questions to be asked in the nearest future if our Lord tarries, but pls just erase the last one genius because everybody is a genius.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Mczigx(m): 5:59am On Sep 13, 2014
C as una jst dey refer 2 al diz imaginary characters as if they r real
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 13, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Gudede evening here

Lng time no see, Lorlaahlozz. You're highly welcome on board.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by mohammad11: 6:19am On Sep 13, 2014
Weldone sammy.
Weldone to our ff'wers.
Its all good reading the posts.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 7:06am On Sep 13, 2014
Goodmorning everyone!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 13, 2014
mohammad11: Weldone sammy.
Weldone to our ff'wers.
Its all good reading the posts.
Thanks a lot
Cindydearie: Goodmorning everyone!
good morning ma. Hw was your night?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 13, 2014
Update is in progress..
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Abuklaw(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2014
So touching! Happy to be back after my short leave
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 13, 2014
[b]CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Toyosi and her family returned late in the evening. Then, I had ensconced myself inside the kitchen, sleeping. Toyosi tapped me. When I woke up, she began to scold me.

Toyosi pointed into the stew and complained.

"Rose, tell me, did you take the stew?"

"No!" I said.

"So, why is the stew sour like this?"

I was speechless. I knew I put my bare hands right inside it to take a chunk of meat earlier, but I dropped the meat back there.

Toyosi had counted all the pieces of meat in the soup before asking me the question, else she wouldn't have even asked me anything before beating me up if any of the pieces of meat was missing.

She drove home my point when she uttered, "I knew you didn't take the meat because I counted eighteen pieces there before I left and now it is still complete. Tell me now, did you touch the stew?" she asked again.

I trembled. I hated lie, but now it seemed I was in a very tight corner. How would I be able to say that I was the one who put my bare hand into it? It would mean that I was digging my own grave by myself.

I needed to look for a way out of this without lying or saying the truth directly. I was still in deep thought as regards what to say when she left me hurriedly.

I stood like a human being without skeleton, leaning on the wall. My heart was thumping faster than it had ever been. I hadn't envisaged being beaten on a Christmas day. I didn't want my day to be marred with her madness.

Maybe I should flee the house right now, I thought. Perhaps I should go and seek solace in the next flat. She wouldn't have the inkling that I was there, I thought.

Staying with the Omotayo family seemed to be the ideal solution. The moment I spent with them during the day was like heaven on earth. Everyone of us was happy back then.
Mrs Omotayo even made me know some things that were dark to me initially. She had told me that Toyosi had come to stay with my father until further notice.

"Why?" I asked her and she responded in black and white:

I got to know this when Toyosi came to ask me about my husband. I told her that he was dead. Toyosi then asked me if I was seeing other men and I said no. Toyosi seemed angry with me. She doubted it initially. I told her that no man was ready to take me and my children because of their conditions. Toyosi hissed at me and said that I was probably insane.

"You are going about with two useless kids instead of dumping them somewhere and getting a new life by marrying one of your suitors," Toyosi said. "Don't you know that you are not too old to remarry? Body is not stone my sister...even myself could not hold my body again since my husband travelled to South Africa. I had to pull up with my former boyfriend here, hoping to return to my husband when he arrives."

"Do you mean to say that this man, baba Bode, is not your legitimate husband?"

"Yes and no..."

"How? Is Bode not your son? If not who then is his real wife?"

"That's why I said yes and no earlier; yes because Bode is my child. I gave birth to Bode through John, but it was done in an extra-marital relationship. My husband didn't know that I was having an extra-marital affair. If he knew then I would be dead. But you know, body is not firewood now."

"I can't do that," I said. "So, where is John's wife?"

"Dead some months ago."

"Oh! I feel sorry for her," I said. "Didn't she have a child for John?"

"She didn't," Toyosi said. Silence prevailed for a while until Toyosi broke it:

"Neighbour, let me lend you the coins I have. It's better you take this children to their grandmother and then begin again, or don't you have a mother?"

"I dont have," I replied.

"Oh, sorry about that, neighbour. Try the first idea then," she said and whispered something into my ears. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard it. I frowned and shouted at her:

"What! How could you be so mean?" she had just advised me to strangle my children and wrap them in one black and tall polythene material given to us by the government of the state to put our dustbin in, just because they would remain useless for the rest of their lives.

"Are you out of your mind?" I kept yelling at her. Then she apologized and said that she didn't mean it.

"I was just joking, mummy Laide," she said. "How could I mean such a mean act?" she added and held me tight.

"Please don't joke that kind of joke with my children again!" I said vindictively.

"Okay ma," she said and asked that I forgive her.

"Have you forgiven me?" she kept asking until I replied her that I have done so. Since that time, Toyosi had been showing much care for my children. Sometimes, she would help me push Laide's wheelchair and crack jokes with Biodun.

My aunty tapped me out of my thought. When I looked at her I was shocked. She had a calabash with her. It was similar to the one my mother smashed that day we were locked in the dark.

She dropped the calabash on the kitchen table and said, "If you don't confess to me now, then you will die when I blow the sand inside this calabash on your body."

I was afraid. I shivered. A sudden feeling of coldness had taken over my body system. I jittered like the string of a guitar. My legs were no more firm to the earth and I thought I would just crash.

"Confess or you die by the sand!" she yelled at me. I read her mouth to know what she had said.

I had no choice than to confess. She was mad at me.

"How dare you put your disabled hand into my pot?" she said as she turned the whole stew into the sink and flushed it with water. Then she threw the pieces of meat inside the waste basket.

Just then, my father began to smile towards the kitchen. Bode followed him. Seemed they were very much hungry.

My father's mouth moved. Toyosi had just told them what happened. Bode was furious. He rushed at me and gave me some kicks in my stomach. I fell. He sat on my back and twisted my neck as if I was a child under the mercy of a brutal father--this time around Bode was the father in question.

My father left the kitchen in fury but his son remained to watch me being punished to the end.

Toyosi ordered me to eat all the meat in the dustbin. I was reluctant at first.

"Eat them all!" she screamed! I didn't hear her but I lipread her.

I forced myself into it. They were just too much. How would I be able to eat them all? It was as though I was consuming a sacrifice for the gods, perhaps the gods of dirt. The meat had mingled with the dirt inside the dustbin. I could feel my tongue soiled with dust and sour substances. Oil ran down my mouth like blood.

At the third meat, I gave up. It was too much for me. Toyosi said I must finish it up overnight. When she was leaving me, my daddy was coming to meet me there with a note he had written. He dropped the note before me and ordered me to read it. While I was reading, he left me and walked away.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by MoriYanu(m): 7:54am On Sep 13, 2014
SammyHoe:

Thank you for your compliment

But we have many NL judges here already... maybe we will have to do screening for you all.

No problem.... Maybe I shud change my moniker to Judge Moriyanu....
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Ormorlehwah(f): 8:02am On Sep 13, 2014
Hmmmmmmm.............. We are Able.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 3Dimension: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2014
Pathetic!!

But not surprised!

The heart of men are desperately wicked

But come to think of it. Sammy is a wonderful writer. The way u narate from the first person singular and yet still covers affairs of the thrid person is simply unique.

Thumbs up! How was ur trip?

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2014
3Dimension: Pathetic!!

But not surprised!

The heart of men are desperately wicked

But come to think of it. Sammy is a wonderful writer. The way u narate from the first person singular and yet still covers affairs of the thrid person is simply unique.

Thumbs up! How was ur trip?

Smooth. How was your night?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2014
SammyHoe:
Thanks a lotgood morning ma. Hw was your night?
. It was peaceful bt cold n urs
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Lorlaahlozz: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2014
SammyHoe:

Lng time no see, Lorlaahlozz. You're highly welcome on board.
Tanx oo..m not fully back sha
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by emmadejust(m): 10:52am On Sep 13, 2014
in al trials and tribulation give glory to God, and don't be hasty to do blunder . God is watchin us
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2014
I am indeed short of words

but Sammyhoe undecided undecided undecided you better keep Toyosi and Bode in your brain or else i will soon be charge for murder and child abuse
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by stormybucci(m): 11:53am On Sep 13, 2014
**saying in my mind**make i talk nw?? no nt nw cus if i talk i fit murder toyosi with my words, dat cretinous psychopat
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by maryhaam(f): 11:54am On Sep 13, 2014
Hmmmm....things people go thru,are far lesser than what we are going thru attimes.nice one
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nawa o,this Toyosi is evil
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
akinkudin:
I'm great, just a little busy.
How have you been?
Very well, bro.

Stay blessedcheesy!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
Alright dearcheesy
seunviju: This is so touching,omo oba Adepoju I need your shirt this time around to blow my nose and wipe my tears also
this is for tears wipingcheesy [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA9oNy9BybkcB8djHHhVj-NXSpeby8nYJrYYZZLduH9Wln4d1b_RjA96c[/img]

and this,
to blow your nose.

No thanks, Sweet.grin

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Gudede evening here
hey
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
seunviju: Nawa o,this Toyosi is evil
What dey pain me is that, at the end of the story, Toyosi will not suffer as much as she made Rose suffer.

that's when some Pastor abi some religious people will tell you to forgive and forget all that happened!

What the?!!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Missed out for some days...**Success Camp**

Well done Sammyprof..
Rose, you are able!!!!!!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: What dey pain me is that, at the end of the story, Toyosi will not suffer as much as she made Rose suffer.

that's when some Pastor abi some religious people will tell you to forgive and forget all that happened!

What the?!!
we can forgive but to alwx forget isn't dat easy to do
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Alright dear:Dthis is for tears wipingcheesy [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA9oNy9BybkcB8djHHhVj-NXSpeby8nYJrYYZZLduH9Wln4d1b_RjA96c[/img]

and this,
to blow your nose.

No thanks, Sweet.grin
which kin cloth be this for tears wiping,you wan allow that thing wey open mouth swallow me ni?No thanks to you before

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / Make Me A Wife / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.