Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:56 PM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (119786 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONOCHAS(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
John deserves it, by the way, did he lost his tongue John deserves it, by the way, did he lost his tongue
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Euphrosyne(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Is there any problem in it
JigsawKillah:

please reread your question
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014
Hello world...I'm still unsettled right now. I will continue the story when all is set again. Thanks.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by labaski(f): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2014
SammyHoe: Hello world...I'm still unsettled right now. I will continue the story when all is set again. Thanks.
and may all be set as soon as possible..i am really eager to knw wr ds story is headed..
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tattesco(m): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
SammyHoe: Hello world...I'm still unsettled right now. I will continue the story when all is set again. Thanks.
ok boss
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
All is well loruko Jesu
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by princesssusan(f): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
Tk ur time smiley
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by jaymomma(f): 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Speechless
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 7:04am On Sep 23, 2014
Ladies n gentlemen i hEreby annoce the return of sammy hoe dis day plz a round of appluse for him plz
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 23, 2014
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Since the day Bode was beaten by me, I wasn't allowed to come out of the house at will anymore, except on environmental sanitation days to tidy up the environment.

I was sad because of my education which was halted once again. I began to pray earnestly for my mother's return because as it seemed right now, there was no hope for me aside her.

I was still having those heavy thoughts in my heart when Toyosi came to my room, the store room, to tell me that I should come with her to the verandah. It had been long I saw the sun last, since the day my father tasted my urine and fell sick.

I began to follow my stepmother. When we got to the parlour, she ordered me to stay still and wait for my father. John stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around his body. He had just taken a shower with Bode too.

As soon as he set his eyes on me, he began to laugh aloud. Bode was laughing too. They spoke to each other and Bode went to his room. My father sat on the cushion chair and began to scribble something in the sheet of paper Bode just gave him. When he was through, he gave it to me to read; I didn't hesitate reading it:

Ha! Ha! Ha! Rose, you are ridiculous. So, because I told you that you can never have a man to marry you in the future, you decided to impose yourself on that blind kid out there. It's funny! And you think I would bless your marriage? Rose, listen to me, if you don't get a real man to marry you, then forget about having me to bless your marriage because when a disabled marries a disabled, they end up disabled. I say it again, let the earth bury me alive if you ever get married to a normal person. Ha! Ha! Ha!

I wondered what was bringing about such utterance from my father this time around. Toyosi cleared my suspense when she explained clearly to me the reason why she had called me:

Your blind boyfriend, Biodun, is indeed blindly in love with you right now and he has been lovesick for the past seven days now. He was only mentioning your name, saying that he would die if he doesn't feel your presence around him. His mother has come to beg me to allow you see him, so that's what I'm taking you out to do

I was shy when I read it. John made me more shy with his laughter. I felt like running away, never to return.

My mind shifted back to Biodun. Indeed the disabled are also able to make love. I am indeed able, I thought. I was glad I would see Biodun again, but I knew this time I would see him as a brother and not as a lover because I thought I was too young for that right now.

Even if I had wanted to see him as a lover, it wouldn't work because my father would eventually curse us and not bless us ahead of a blissful marriage.

I stepped outside the roof of my father's flat and got arrested by the cool natural wind. For the past few days I had been deprived of it. I sighed as I watched Toyosi knocking the door of our neighbour. Mrs Omotayo stepped out and was enthusiastic when she sighted me. She hugged Toyosi tightly as she saw me.

"Come in, come in," she said as she ushered us in. Reading her lips seemed quite simple for me, compared to reading my father's lips. My mother's were the easiest lips I had ever read.

I saw Biodun folding up on a sofa, shivering. Tears ran down my eyes. Laide was beside him, caring for him. When she saw me, she screamed my name and Biodun thumped up.

I hasted towards him. He deserved pity so much, looking emaciated and wan. Laide rose up for me as I took my seat and placed Bode's head on my lap and rubbed his head.

Bode sighed and gave up. I thought he was dead. I shook him and he responded with a yawn. His mother laughed and I perceived she just said 'loverboy'. I smiled.

"He says he would feel better sleeping on your lap. Blind Samson on Delilah's laps," Toyosi signed to me and I became ashamed of myself. She asked me to remain there while she returned.

Mrs Omotayo watched in amazement. It seemed as if Biodun was snoring. She soon left us alone and went to her room.

Laide scribbled something in a paper. I read it. She was telling me the reason why she didn't show me Biodun's letter on time:

I was jealous over the fact that I would have no one to play with if I showed his love letter to you because the two of you will neglect me and play with each other. Only me alone would be left in the world.

I smiled when I read Laide's note. She had a point.

I watched Biodun's nostrils expanding and contracting as I fought hard to get rid of the feeling of lust that had engulfed my heart. Suddenly I began to see the future inside his nostrils which seemed to me like a telescope:

Biodun and I walked up the podium. Everywhere, to me, was silent as usual, even though people around me seemed to be shouting. Flower girls stood around us, helping to spray us with bouquet of flowers-Roses, Hibiscusses and lot more. It was an awesome sight to behold, first of its kind, I thought.
I looked around and saw my mother seated as I held Bode's hand leading him to the podium where the clergyman was. He was cute, having a dark goggle on his face.

The clergyman spoke and I watched the sign language interpretation by my class teacher, Mrs Oyindamola. My aunty and Honorable Daniel her husband were also seated in their befitting regalia. My father and mother were smiling all the time. I was glad that in the end John's heart had softened, having spent a lot to see our marriage come up successfully. He had left Toyosi and Bode long ago.

"If we have anyone here who have a reason why we should not join these two in marriage, let such person speak now or keep silent forever."

Nobody responded. I smiled. The dream was coming to pass. The clergyman turned to my mother:

"Mrs John Hannah, are you giving your daughters hand in marriage to this man, Mr Biodun?"

"Yes I am," she said.

The clergyman turned to my father. He was the only man standing right now. If he said yes, then it would be yes. Of course, nothing more than a 'yes' would proceed from his lips, having asked for my forgiveness earlier, some months before the marriage.

"Mr John, do you want your--?"

"Yes I do!" my father responded before the clergyman could complete his statement.

It was a dream come true in the end. Biodun held my ringfinger as he slowly made to put a ring in it, feeling around it with his fingers. When the ring was almost going to pass right into my finger, I felt another hand, a little bit wrinkled one, slapping hard against our hands. The ring fell off and rolled away. To my shock, it was my father. He wouldn't allow the marriage, having slapped the ring off our hands.

"Ha! Ha! Ha!" he laughed, revealing his brown teeth stained with dotage. I screamed!

I was shocked. I had dozed off. Biodun's head was no more on my lap. Infact, he wasn't in sight anymore. I had spent an hour and half in the 'sweet dream'.

It seemed my sound was too loud. Laide and her mother rushed in to ask me what was wrong. I shook my head and pointed to my laps to ask where Biodun was.

Biodun began to enter the parlour with his walking stick. He was quite better right now. I was surprised.

I couldn't tell anyone the dream I had. Now I knew that my love life with Biodun wouldn't work, according to what I just saw in the trance. I had rather relate with him as a brother and not a lover, I thought.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 23, 2014
Trypa: Ladies n gentlemen i hEreby annoce the return of sammy hoe dis day plz a round of appluse for him plz

U get mouth cheesy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2014
Seriously feeling for Rose...come to think of it, one never thinks the disabled can have feelings like this
..hmmm ..

All is well
Well done Prof...
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by aveiro(m): 10:02am On Sep 23, 2014
still tinkin of wat apen to rose mum.....sammy is too good. kip it up
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2014
SammyHoe:

U get mouth cheesy

Abi oo
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2014
Oga sammy i made d way

I cant wait for d next update oo nawa oo chai deris God oo
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Matrix01(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2014
U guyz nid 2 see d way ma legs were shaking while reading d last paragraph. Mehn, dis story z d bomb..
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Eniqurl(f): 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
Interesting update
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by harlos: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Nice one sammyhoe.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Queenxstar(f): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Poor Rose...must be awful having no one to talk to.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hmmm.

Everybody Is Able.

Well done, boss SammyHoe.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Debbiesmart(f): 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chai our rose take it easy sammy cme n update ohhh
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by akinkudin: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
Good one Sammy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
[b]Chapter Thirty Two
Since the day I was allowed to see Biodun, I had my freedom again, but I was never returned to school, despite all the pleadings of Mrs Omotayo. When I begged Toyosi to allow me see outside the compound occasionally, she pondered over it and later said that she had a better idea.
Toyosi and John colluded together and arrived at the conclusion that I should become a hawker. I was surprised at their decision. How on earth would I hear customers calling me? I thought. Maybe it was another way of punishing me. I blamed myself for asking for freedom. I should have let sleeping dogs lie, I thought.
I sat down and began to think of what to do if I could just be allowed out of the gate. I would flee the house permanently, I thought. I would begin to search for my mother. I would visit my school and tell them everything, perhaps they could help me out. While still lost in my thought, I felt a hand on my body. When I turned my face up, it was Toyosi standing there.
"Rose, don’t ever think of running away from the house when you step out of the gate," she said as if she was living right inside my heart. I was shocked and dumbfounded. How did she know? I thought. Rose, the same way I saw you on the road with a boy that day, that is the same way I will monitor you everywhere you go.
My mind began to thump. Is Toyosi a witch or what? Perhaps she is just trying to scare me by playing on my intelligence. Perhaps she has something she was using to read my mind; alright then, I was going to be doing things without thinking about them as from now, I thought. By so doing, I wouldn’t have any problem. She would not detect what was going on right in my mind, I thought childishly.
It was eggs I would sell. Toyosi had given me a target I must meet daily. It was a scary one. I must sell all my eggs before returning home every day, and I mustn’t stay longer than 6pm.
Mrs Omotayo had found someone else to stay with her children. The nanny would be with them after the taxi driver had brought them back from school. It took Mrs Omotayo a whole month to make the decision, having obtained a compulsory leave in her workplace to stay with her children while I was not allowed to step outside. She would now return to work since Taiba, a young girl of around eighteen would now be staying with the children. As for me, I would be too busy hawking.
I summoned the courage, believing that I was able. Expectedly, I sold nothing on the first day, after trekking about for hours under the angry sun. When the sun was in the east I was under it, yet I remained until it had travelled to the west. My head ached greatly.
How would I have heard people calling for my service when I was deaf? I thought. Those who even came close to buying got frustrated when I couldn’t tell them the price. Some people even seemed to be having phobia for the deaf and dumb. They just walked away, pushing their lips out, maybe hissing at me or not, I couldn’t tell.
I walked on and on, never wary of vehicles passing by. I couldn’t hear their horns, so I just moved on like I didn’t care. I wanted to cross to the other side of the road when a car screeched to a halt before me. My heart had gone. I thought it would hit me. It was indeed a miracle that the car didn’t gore me down, but unfortunately, I staggered and the whole eggs went crashing at the floor.
Toyosi came around and discovered that I hadn’t sold a single egg. She beat me up.
"Where are my eggs?" she signed. When I told her that everything got smashed, she raged.
I wondered when all these tortures would end. I began to think of telling Mrs Omotayo my true life story, perhaps she would pick up interest in my case. If she knew I was not a housemaid as she thought, she would have fought for my freedom to the last.
Toyosi didn't give me time to recuperate. She had hurt me internally. I was feeling some pains right inside my heart. Perhaps something in me had snapped. Maybe I had even damaged my organ, I wouldn't know.
I coughed blood when Toyosi hit me hard on the chest. I felt my life was over. I couldn't bear the pain any longer. It was time to die.
That night, I wept bitterly, asking God to kill me within one week or allow me kill myself and still make it to heaven. I slept that night and dreamt. It was a sweet dream. When I woke up, I had much strength. The heart pain had vanished.
I wondered why each time I prayed at night I always slept well and in the morning after it, I always felt light and happy. If it was God helping me get such comfort each time I prayed, why couldn't he wipe off all my troubles permanently once and for all? Perhaps God was trying to prolong my life for more troubles, I thought.
The next day, the tray was set on my head again. How I wished I could raise up my voice to advertise what was on my head? I had no voice. Who would be a voice to my voiceless self? I thought. No one.
I had only sold six eggs the next day after walking up and down the streets from 8am to 3pm. As usual, those who wanted to price my eggs got pissed off whenever they discovered that I was deaf and dumb. Only the very patient ones would wait for me to write my responses into a note.
My head began to force itself into reasoning out a way of bridging the communication gap between the deaf and dumb and the normal people. I pondered so much on the thought that I forgot that I was hawking.
"How can one easily bridge this gap?" I thought on and on again. No way!
I returned home and got enough slaps to my shrinking cheeks as expected. It seemed as if I had committed a very big crime for selling just twelve eggs out of forty for the whole day.
I kept getting slapped and kicked and punched on the face by Toyosi and her son each day. Bode would do to me exactly what Toyosi was doing.
John wrote a note to me as usual:
Can you now see that I was right by saying that you are a useless person? You can't successfully sell forty eggs in a whole day. I am happy that I have stopped spending on your education for more than a year now. Useless daughter!
I was not moved by his insult. I was used to such and much more.
A thought suddenly pierced through my mind. Is my mother really still alive? Isn't Toyosi telling a lie that she is back in the prison? My heart thumped at the thought. She must have been killed by Toyosi that day they went shopping. All indication was pointing at that fact--the fact that she was no more on earth.
I had seen her three to four times in my dream, telling me that I should fight hard not to come to the grave where she was. She assured me that I could make it despite my disabilities. She told me that I was able.
Toyosi kicked me. It was time for me to go hawking. I knew it was time.
I set the tray on my head and began to make for the gate. Taiba came close to me and delivered a thick note to me, it was written in Braille by blind Biodun.
When I read it, my heart went in pieces. It was heartrending:
Rose, why did you leave me alone all these days? Not even a visit anymore. What is my offence so high like a mountain that you can't forgive? What is my fault so sharp like a sword that you can't overlook? You are the only angel I know, not any Angela in the world. Rose, you are my angel, the flower of my life. Please reply my letter and tell me if you still love me or not.
I wept and smiled all at once. How could a blind folk compose a letter as wonderful as this? I thought. The Biodun I knew earlier was a shy type who wouldn't even want to punch any writing into paper. How did he change drastically as this?
I could remember challenging Biodun and Laide sometimes back when they were getting frustrated. I told them of Nick Vujicic, the torso who could do everything a normal person could do. I told them of Akin, the blind drummer boy in a fiction I read. I also challenged them with something Mrs Oyindamola my classteacher used to say all the time:
How many medals have our normal people won in the Olympic games? Rose, if you know how many gold medals the normal people have won for this country, please tell me because the last time I checked it was three or four; ask me what our Paralympics athletes have won and I would say it is countless! YOU ARE ABLE, ROSE, BOSE, ELIJAH, EMMANUEL, JOY, FATIMA, JOSHUA...
Those days whenever she was signing our names, I would be the only one who wouldn't shed tears of emotion because I found it very hard to believe that I was indeed able. Now I needed no one to tell me that I am able.
Since the day I told Laide and Biodun these, the latter had grabbed his writing materials, making much effort to develop himself. It really affected his overall performance in school such that he became the best overall in his class after that school term. Maybe that was one reason Biodun couldn't stop thinking about me.
My heart lurched at the conclusive part of Biodun's letter. How on earth would I tell him that I no more feel romance love for him when I was actually the one who began it? Wouldn't I be breaking a heart at my tender age?
I was soon on the street, hawking. As usual, nobody cared, perhaps many have called for my service but I didn't hear them. I held tight to my crates of eggs to avoid losing them.
I saw a crowd. What an interesting sight to behold! Somebody was performing magic at the centre of a gathering. I wanted to feed my eyes, so I fell in after dropping my crates of eggs somewhere around. Amidst the gathering, a young boy of around sixteen years saw me and began to glance at me on and on. I didn't know why he was making me the cynosure of his eyes instead of the conjurer at the centre of the gathering. I felt uncomfortable and began to leave the crowd.
As I turned to leave, I sighted him turning too, from the corner of my right eye. He began to move close to me. I hasted towards the culvert where I placed my crates of eggs. He drew close too.
I halted, perhaps he would just pass by me. He didn't. The boy reminded me of Moses in his outfit. He was 5 feet 8 inches as I perceived. His eyes were narrow on his face as well as his nose too. He had a curly hair and a dark skin. His teeth appeared square in shape when he opened his mouth and said something I didn't hear as he extended his right hand for a shake.
My inferiority complex came to play. I shrugged my shoulder and moved away from him. Just then, a little boy of around seven years fled from my crates of eggs. He had picked like six eggs and was running away with it. I screamed and pointed at the boy who was escaping. He ended up in the grip of the other boy who was following me.
I became more and more ashamed as this saviour took each step towards me with the nylon of eggs he had just retrieved from the thief. My heart pounded because I felt the boy was getting sexually attracted to me.
The teenage boy handed over the eggs to me. I collected it and bent to lift my crate of eggs to my head. He held my hand and began to speak to me tenderly. He was shocked when I didn't respond. Tears rolled down my face.
"Let's be close friends," the boy uttered and I understood him by the movement of his lips. I summoned courage to communicate in the only way I could--through sign language.
The boy was confused when I signed to him that I was deaf and dumb. However, he understood me with the way I kept touching my mouth and my ears to signal what I was to him. He frowned and spat on the floor. Then his lips protruded as other people's too. He turned and left me in haste.
I clutched my chest in my hands and wept on the spot. Now I thought my future had just been played to me--no normal person will propose to me. They will all run at first sight.
I lifted my crates of eggs to my head and headed homeward.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Niwdog(m): 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oh my dear!go home and sleep.gud nyte sammy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 10:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sammy shey this punishment for Rose never do you abi?Weeping alongside with her,can't take this anymore,sobs.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 12:16am On Sep 25, 2014
Oga sammy it ok nah rose have tried help her out am sharding tomuch tear plz saMmy plzzzzzzzz oo i cant bear it anymore plzzzz
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tenajtek(f): 4:18am On Sep 25, 2014
Great story sammyhoe. You can check d mixup of names in chapter 31,bode and biodun.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2014
[b]CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
I punched something at the back of the special paper Biodun gave me earlier. I had to do that so that Biodun wouldn't have to wait till eternity for my reply:
If I don't love you, Biodun, who else should I love? Infact, I will love you till death...

Since that day I was despised by that teenager, I had made my mind strong again, settling for the thought of rejuvenating my relationship with Biodun. A bird at hand is worth two in the bush, I thought.

Taiba was our middleman. She would take my note to Biodun and bring his reply back to me on daily basis. As a matter of fact, it was only one conversation we were able to do per day through the note because of his school and my own hawking business. I often returned from the streets around 7pm daily and Toyosi would have returned from wherever she had been by then, so there wouldn't be any opportunity to see Biodun.

Taiba brought a note as a reply to the one I sent to Biodun. I read it:

Now I am happy again, my dear Rose. I thought you want to leave me alone. Perhaps you have seen another boy in the streets. How is your hawking faring?

I replied him:

Nothing shall separate us, Biodun. Till death do us part we shall be together, if not in body, then in soul. The hawking business is not going well at all. I don't sell well and my mistress and her husband beat me up for this everyday.

How dare she? And why don't you sell well? My Rose, you are able as you always sing, but why are you not able to sell well?

At this juncture, I halted. His question was beyond the blue. It was such a great challenge. Our conversation had spanned almost one week already. We only get to do one conversation daily.

In my next reply, I made Biodun know the reason why I was not able to sell well. If only I had voice, then I would do well. If only everyone in the world could learn the sign language, then the communication gap between the deaf and dumb and the normal people would be bridged, I thought. Yes! Eureka! If I could only become the Minister of Education, I would incorporate sign language in the school curriculum of the normal people and the solution would come.
Biodun replied me:

My Rose, I will help you out. We are able! We are able! We shall sell well together. We shall not only sell all the eggs in the tray but we shall also return home to get more. By tomorrow we shall do it together.

Taiba gave me this one around 7pm when I was returning from my hawking business. I was surprised at the content. The next day would be Thursday, so I don't seem to see the reason why Biodun was saying that we shall do it together because he had to be in school by then.
I began to compose a poem:

BLIND AND DEAF BUSINESS
Wonders shall never end in the land of the living
Where the blind dates the deaf and do all things they believe in
The blind on bicycle without anyone to be leading
The deaf in her earphones tell me what she has for hearing

Can the blind lead the blind?
Can the deaf hear the deaf?
Oh, so impossible! But a solution is here
The blind can be the voice of the dumb
And the deaf can be the sight of the blind
They complement each other
Like a lover and his partner
Or like brothers and sisters
And much like partners in business

I couldn't sleep in my little confinement. The garden forks and the rakes in there had taken much of the space in the store room; John just bought them new the day before. They were so huge that they took up almost all the space on the floor of the store room where I hibernated.
I could remember asking Toyosi where next to sleep the day before.

"Are you insane?" Toyosi asked me harshly. "Still in the store room of course!"

"But father had just stucked it up with new tools," I signed back.

"That's none of my business," she said. "Go right there and sleep!" she pointed towards the store room.

That night I had to push the standing tools aside: the go to hells, the rakes, cutlasses, hoes, watering cans and so on. Some of them were leaning against the wall. They fell suddenly on the floor. I was tired already, having trekked the whole streets, hawking. I just had to lay my back on them that way, feeling much pain on my back. That was the only day I had nightmare despite the fact that I did my normal little prayer before sleeping.

My eyes flashed open. It was morning already. I yawned. It was time for me to do my hasty bath in preparation for hawking.

My former room was where Toyosi put the crates of eggs. She had them so many there, but I go with two crates everyday. Toyosi had even threatened to add one more crate to my daily sales and I was scared. Even the two crates I couldn't sell up to half let alone adding another to it.

I sighed when I remembered Biodun's promise to me. I waited outside the house and Taiba rushed to me. She made a sign to me that I should wait a little bit, then she returned to their apartment. My legs shook as I waited. Toyosi mustn't step outside the house to discover that I was still standing there.

It was five minutes and I was still within the compound. Toyosi would be mad at me; I had to leave right now. Just then, I saw Biodun being led out of their apartment by Taiba their housemaid.

So, Biodun kept to his word, I thought. Okay, what is his intention? Is he going to hawk with me? That would be somehow ridiculous.
Taiba led him to me. Biodun smelled me and was happy. He was ready to go out with me; hurriedly, we took our leave.

Now I knew communication between us would be impossible while on the streets, so we stopped at a walkway on the busy road and punched all necessary communication into the papers Biodun brought with him:

Biodun, how did you do it? You skipped school for Christ sake!"

Not for Christ sake, Rose. I skipped it for the sake of the love I have for you and I will do this for you for the next one week.

Ha! Biodun, why? What about your mother? Won't she be upset that you are hanging out with me playing truancy?

That is if you tell her yourself, Rose. I mean how would she know that I am hanging out with you? I have told the taxi driver and Laide that they should not tell mummy that I would be skipping school for a week. Taiba will be enjoying my pocket monies, so who will tell her? You?"

"Biodun, you are a small devil. Ha! Ha! Ha!"

We burst into laughter together. Biodun pulled me to himself and gave me a tight hug. We were close to kissing each other when his walking stick leaning on the wall suddenly tilted and knocked our heads, calling us to caution.

When I looked round, people had made us a tourist attraction. All eyes were on us, leaving us in the middle of a large crowd.

I wrote something to Biodun:
Biodun, do you see what I see?

Maybe not, but I can smell people around us. Are we in the middle of a crowd?

Yes!"

Biodun laughed. Then to my amazement, he began to say something I didn't hear. Going by the muscular movement I saw on his neck, I could easily conjecture that he was shouting. As he told me later, he was shouting, "I am blind, she is deaf and dumb, but we have to sell all our eggs! Come and buy your eggs, one for #15, three for #40! Buy your fresh eggs! Buy your fresh eggs! I am blind! She is deaf and dumb, we need to sell our eggs! Buy your fresh eggs!"
In a flash, all our eggs had been bought.

[/b]

9 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2014
Now let me hear what you all would have to say cheesy
Happy new day.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by sebak(f): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2014
Sincerely dis punishment is too much 4 Rose, but dis love wit Biodun beats my imagination sha and I like it, I wish she can put an end 2 dis suffering. Sammehoe u deserve an award 4 dis beautiful piece. Keep up d gud work
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 9:20am On Sep 25, 2014
Oga sammy nice update love ur effort
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by kenchukscole(m): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2014
Wow....so touching.. I can't help it buh say that biodun and rose are really able...

Mr sammyhoe...more ink to ur pen

......still I read

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / Make Me A Wife / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.