Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) (50480 Views)

We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye / Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! / The Lavish Spender, Pastor Adeboye Of Redeem Church Has Done It Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Sunglow: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2014
I don't understand you fellows who think that the Church should be poor God is not poor so neither should the Churches of Jesus Christ.Prosperity of the Church/Christians is for a purpose: TO FURTHER THE GOSPEL. The Gospel is free but not CHEAP! For e.g do you guys know how much it will cost to sponsor Bibles to prisons? you do the math.That's the reason God will always prosper the Church becos they have a lot to do in ensuring people get to hear the Gospel all over the world.
I prefer to be wealthy,becos POVERTY IS A SIN AND ITS OF THE DEVIL!
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Unionised(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2014
Heaven on Earth...
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by IyaHolyMary(f): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
Bazinga:

No lady am not crazy.

Mods see this girl is harrassing me. Rule no 2 is broken by this girl.
I think that you dey yab ma PAPA.....

Exceeding Grace!!!!!!

P of C: I'm a woman
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by dasparrow: 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
BadBoy25: I see nothing wrong .

Of course not! I don't expect you to see anything wrong since we are talking about AMERICAN peeps here. If the topic were to be about Nigerian pastors and their lavish lifestyles, you and your ilk will be all up on this thread reigning insults on Nigerians and Nigeria as a nation and telling the people how foolish they are. However, since the thread is about your pay masters the americans, the cat has suddenly stolen your tongue or maybe your fingers have suddenly gone numb. SMH!

@Post

God knows his own. These archbishops should remember the bible verse that says in Matthew 19:24 "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." (NIV)
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by soulglo: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
Why do they have to live with their secretaries grin

1 Like

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
What's the source of Jesus' income? While He may have been a carpenter before he was 30, after clocking 30 he took up ministry job full time. Please don't tell me its donations..because a good number of His followers were poor and the few rich ones were advised to give up their riches to improve their chances of making heaven.

How do you support your claim that money exchanged hands when he made a reservation for the upper room if the bible was your source..here's an excerpt from Mt.26:18-19: "...He replied, “Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house. So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover..." As for the expensive clothe, I hate to burst your bubbles..they weren't His..it was put on Him by Herod's soldiers before sending Him to Pilate...""Then Herod and his soldiers treated Him (Jesus) with contempt; and after mocking Him, he put a splendid robe on Him and sent Him back to Pilate."

I have repeatedly listened to teachings of this type from our pastors and i think they're wrong. Jesus is very rich but not by our world's standard be careful of pastors who says otherwise!

MiguelMi6: Some have misplaced priorities,others just enjoy what they have,its part of their rewards.The Bible makes it known that Jesus wasn't poor,he could afford the very best fleet of ships,he could afford to make reservations for the upper chamber-a mordern day presidential suite,his garments was even prophesied to be beautiful and priceless for the centurions to cast a lot for its possession.This is just a few,the Bible can tell you more.

I think extravagancy of some of them is the major problem,they flourish instead of rendering back to their flock.His Holiness Pope Bergoglio is trying so hard to show true virtues of leadership,a first ever for any Pope-Members first above your own needs and care.Christ exhibited that.
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Phlegmwash: What's the source of Jesus' income? While He may have been a carpenter before he was 30, after clocking 30 he took up ministry job full time. Please don't tell me its donations..because a good number of His followers were poor and the few rich ones were advised to give up their riches to improve their chances of making heaven(Matthew 19:21).

How do you support your claim that money exchanged hands when he made a reservation for the upper room if the bible was your source..here's an excerpt from Mt.26:18-19: "...He replied, “Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house. So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover..." As for the expensive clothe, I hate to burst your bubbles..they weren't His..it was put on Him by Herod's soldiers before sending Him to Pilate...""Then Herod and his soldiers treated Him (Jesus) with contempt; and after mocking Him, he put a splendid robe on Him and sent Him back to Pilate."

I have repeatedly listened to teachings of this type from our pastors and i think they're wrong. Jesus is very rich but not by our world's standard be careful of pastors who says otherwise!

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Bazinga(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
IyaHolyMary:
I think that you dey yab ma PAPA.....

Exceeding Grace!!!!!!

P of C: I'm a woman

Mind urself
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by olanje: 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Misplace priorities indeed...In feLa's Voice *Archbishop na Miliki, Pope na Enoyment, Boko sympatizers na Gbaladun tongue
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by manny4life(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
tim411:

So that is why they should spend millions of dollars on buildings and luxurious lives for the cardinals and not invest in people...when there is poverty everywhere.....
Call a spade a spade this is juz wastage

How do you know they aren't investing in the people? The catholic church has the highest number of followers, and also the wealthiest. The catholic church engages the community way better than your average Pentecostal church. They feed the poor, help the needy, pray and visit the sick, host community events and what have you. So I ask you, why do you think they are not investing in the people?

Poverty? Hmm, you can't eradicate poverty just like you can't remove the rich. Call me insane and inhuman but the truth is both are needed for a balanced society. I see nothing wrong in building a house worth $5million for the church servants, particularly if that's an asset and not a liability. These houses will forever pass onto other faithfuls in the future, this is how the catholic church operates. Ask yourself how much do you think St. Paul's Basillica is estimated to be worth?

1 Like

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by feedthenation(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
Phlegmwash: What's the source of Jesus' income? While He may have been a carpenter before he was 30, after clocking 30 he took up ministry job full time. Please don't tell me its donations..because a good number of His followers were poor and the few rich ones were advised to give up their riches to improve their chances of making heaven.

True words
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Kingharzyz(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
frosbel: is this where they abuse little children ?

Xtian talking shit about xtian
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by TS2(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Oh okay. So i suppose to make it complete we should just convert Heaven to a place of minimal value and do away with all the good and opulent ornaments so that we can prove that as Christians are supposed to be humble.

Humility doesnt mean you should live in penury. Infact the true test of humility can only be when surrounded by riches and wealth. What choice do you have but to be humble when you are poor? ...Not like our poor people in Nigeria are even humble sef.
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
Atmmachine: Poor people can also buy this kinda homes in USA..

Nigerians are dead brains.

Really? Why don't you show us those 'poor people' in America that buy multimillion dollar mansions, you nasty, stupi.d wastrel. What? The people sleeping rough in New York, or is it the homeless millions and countless street beggars, or is it the millions of the food stamp dependent single mums, who exactly Idiatt dead brain calling others same.

2 Likes

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
Alishachris:

at least they have the pride of honour to own up that they own the houses unlike pentecotal MOGs that hide billions they collected as tithes in private business and even abroad!

[size=15pt]I just knew some dumb, slave-minded, white worshiping peabrain like you will sneak out from nowhere to defend white theft and corruption and condemn the black. Cursed idi.ot backed by 50 other slave-minded self haters. Fact is there is ZERO DIFFERENCE between the deceit that sees white clergy emerge multimillionaires and the deceit that sees black clergy emerge multimillionaires. Attempting to elevate one over the other in criminality makes you a self hating black who needs psychological treatment and maybe a dose of Malcolm X literature, so you can cure yourself of the mental disease that makes you automatically hate your own kind over others.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
____

1 Like

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by MiguelMi6(m): 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
Phlegmwash: What's the source of Jesus' income? While He may have been a carpenter before he was 30, after clocking 30 he took up ministry job full time. Please don't tell me its donations..because a good number of His followers were poor and the few rich ones were advised to give up their riches to improve their chances of making heaven.

Don't be dissuaded by heavens supernatural provisions for Jesus to discredit the fact that he was rich,that is he was on the affluent side.I hate religious arguements,help yourself to the bible.

1 Like

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Sunglow: 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
BadBoy25: I'm baptist by birth and the catholic church is not even my cup of tea. I simply see nothing luxurious about those mediocre gothic houses. I'm sure Nigerian archbishops have similar official residences . they also take commercial flights instead of private jet.
I only have a problem with the prosperity and miracle preachers both american and Nigerian much as creflo dollar,benny Hinn,tb joshua etc. who make the church their personal money making machine. Creflo dollar has 3 rolls royce,2 mega mansions and a condominium, yacht,2 private jets . that's lavish.
Is that his fault?so he should become poor because you don't agree with the teachings of prosperity? Prosperity is a choice so also is poverty if you are not comfortable with the teachings of prosperity, leave prosperity and those whom have embraced it alone and stay with your poverty or average lifestyle whichever one that suits you.
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Atmmachine(m): 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Really? Why don't you show us those 'poor people' in America that buy multimillion dollar mansions, you nasty, stupi.d wastrel. What? The people sleeping rough in New York, or is it the homeless millions and countless street beggars, or is it the millions of the food stamp dependent single mums, who exactly Idiatt dead brain calling others same.

Kid,you need to grow up.

Crack head from bronx projects cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
_____
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Pvictor10(m): 1:20am On Aug 22, 2014
Those mansions still look like church to me. Oh, they are priests . . .
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by olisaokere(m): 5:52am On Aug 22, 2014
Alishachris:

you don't joke with religion and things of God bro! the ties run deep. I am a catholic but yet I brought up this issue because It is not right! evil flourish when the good men do nothing

I don't see anything evil here. The properties are serviced by the archdiocese or the Catholic Church. More over, those apartments or lavish apartments you labeled it are all shared by the priests and staff but that does not mean that's how all catholic priests live in every part of the world
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2014
Rich4god: If this should come from any one, it shouldnt be from you... It negates thereal Christ you claim to follow...

To add something here... This is not the private home of the archbishops... Its owned by the catholic diocese of those areas. So anytime the bishop dies or resign, he vacates the place and the next bishop comes in... So what the fuses about. Its like saying the vatican is the private property of the pope whilst it belongs to the church in general.
The fuss is that the Church should not own such property in the first place.Did Jesus own such property? Would he have? If the church has excess funds then they should invest it in commercial property that generates income not luxury and opulence for men of God. The proceeds should be used t help the poor and community in general

What about the story where a property already existed,a weekend lodge, and $800000 was being spent to add a wing a pool. If we would criticize politicians for doing so then me must be even more vocal against those doing so in the name of God. Where did $800000 come from? would those who gave it have it have done so if they knew it was going to be used for that
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by obi123: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2014
well these buildings are investments, they have not been built for one year use but a 100 years and when the need arises they can be sold, any improvements made to the building only increases its value.
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by rhames(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Alishachris: "How I would like a Church which is
poor and for the poor!"— Pope
Francis
Clearly, "lifestyles of the rich and
religious" doesn't cut it for Pope
Francis.
The pontiff has said it "breaks my heart"
to see priests and nuns driving the latest-
model cars.
He's blasted "airport bishops" who spend
more time jet-setting than tending to their
flocks.
And he's warned against church leaders
who bear the "psychology of princes."
The Vatican fired one such "prince" last
year: German Bishop Franz-Peter
Tebartz-van Elst -- aka "The Bishop
of Bling" -- who spent $43 million to
remodel his opulent pad.
(Bronze window frames? $2.4 million.
Getting on the wrong side of the Pope?
Far more pricey.)
"God save us from a worldly Church
with superficial spiritual and pastoral
trappings!" Francis said in his book-
length blueprint for the church .
Say what you will, but this Pope puts
his preaching into practice.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Ubenedictus(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
dasparrow:

Of course not! I don't expect you to see anything wrong since we are talking about AMERICAN peeps here. If the topic were to be about Nigerian pastors and their lavish lifestyles, you and your ilk will be all up on this thread reigning insults on Nigerians and Nigeria as a nation and telling the people how foolish they are. However, since the thread is about your pay masters the americans, the cat has suddenly stolen your tongue or maybe your fingers have suddenly gone numb. SMH!

@Post

God knows his own. These archbishops should remember the bible verse that says in Matthew 19:24 "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." (NIV)

sorry those are NOT lavish homes. A masion doesn't always mean an luxurious residence. A mansion also means a "official residence".

Those buildings above are old buildings, built in th 1900, their prices aren't a reflection of their cost, it is a reflection of their age, historical advatage, their sites among other things.

Lastly, the houses bishops live doesn't make them "rich", they are simply official residences, the bishops actually have a fixed allowance and that isn't even tailored to meet minimum wage, they rest is from personal charitable donations.
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Ubenedictus(m): 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
tim411:

So that is why they should spend millions of dollars on buildings and luxurious lives for the cardinals and not invest in people...when there is poverty everywhere.....
Call a spade a spade this is juz wastage
did they say any of the buildings whose pics are there were built with millions of dollars?
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 23, 2014
Atmmachine:

Kid,you need to grow up.

Crack head from bronx projects cool cool cool cool

You must be referring to your prostitu.te, freegiving progenitor. Worthless animal.
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by jill000: 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
To me it's not 2 expensive cos it belongs to the church not the priests..so get ur facts right....
Re: The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) by olanje: 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sunglow:
I don't understand you fellows who think that the Church should be poor God is not poor so neither should the Churches of Jesus Christ.Prosperity of the Church/Christians is for a purpose: TO FURTHER THE GOSPEL. The Gospel is free but not CHEAP! For e.g do you guys know how much it will cost to sponsor Bibles to prisons? you do the math.That's the reason God will always prosper the Church becos they have a lot to do in ensuring people get to hear the Gospel all over the world.
I prefer to be wealthy,becos POVERTY IS A SIN AND ITS OF THE DEVIL!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience Inside A Beer Parlour In Lagos / "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.