Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,497 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Is Ice-prince Overrated? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Ice-prince Overrated? (24024 Views)

Is Ice Prince Trying To Pull Yemi Alade’s Hair Off? (photo) / Is Ice Prince Bleaching ?? Fans Attack Him After He Shared This Photo …. / How Much Is Ice Cube Worth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Archmed(m): 4:20am On Aug 04, 2014
ICE PRINCE is good..Listen to his lyrics,,with a free and unbiased mind and you'll apreciate this nigga's talent.The only thing i'll accept here and which is also true is dat his rap often follows a specific pattern making d dude sounds boring most times.In rap,versatility is the name of d game.Das why venom spitting rappers like Olamide and Phyno are destined to stand d test of time !!

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hassymo5(m): 4:22am On Aug 04, 2014
Haters Who God has bless no man can cause....make wunna go Hug transformer.....

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 04, 2014
KA24DETT: Yall need to stop hating on a ninja trying to get his money up.. He makes music and he gets paid .. Modenine is a better rapper but I don't see y'all supporting him or buying his albums . Naija rap /music game is not lyrically advanced, you got a good beat, people will jam to that ish even though the lyrics suck. Davido is a good example of good beat but bad lyrics . So till Nigerians start appreciating lyricist , ice prince and his fellow beaticians will continue smiling to the bank, it's all about the Benjamin's bro. It's all about the cash. Cash money all day
true talk
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 04, 2014
planetuzor: I have not come as one who really knows what rap is
all about or someone who is completely a novice,
but in my opinion I think the subject matter in
person of Ice-Prince the Aboki himself is overrated

I kept wandering what's this guy rapping that's
making him bag awards even when his got no hit
song. He's just like a one way rapper,one particular
rap tone and style (with due respect to him)...
Sincerely am of limited knowledge here of this Guy
and how come he gets most of the BET awards and
always nominated in rap category even when his
music impact to the average nigeria that just like
good music is just too minimal...

Even at this time when we have some venom
spitting rap artist like this ones listed below in no
particular order

Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

Please guys educate me on this issue. I really want
to know if his worth the awards and nominations or
just overrated in your own opinion...
if you're talking about correct naija rappers n jesse jagz n MI are nt on d list then I think its incomplete..
In my personal perspective I wont include olamide n other indigenous folks (but that's just me).
Plus I hardly see songs done by the remaining folks you mentioned, it's like they scared to come ouy of their closet.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by chidooh1: 4:30am On Aug 04, 2014
una no de sleep? ice Prince ko ice Prince nii, anyway, one way rapper, boring and less versatile lyrically, never bought his music before but, got some sweet lines. personal opinion o.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by deucelaw: 4:39am On Aug 04, 2014
I think Ice prince is an excellent rapper,until he became a one styl man, he has killed many tracks he featured in...and I remembered his many songs before he came to lime light..Artists have always wanted him on their on their tracks.

what he has done is to identify what nigerians / africans like and what sells, then go commercial with it to make name name and cash for himself. Its a game of numbers and that's why he is bagging in awards.

I don't really like his rap songs anymore like I used to but am not taking anything away from him either.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by guttentag(m): 4:39am On Aug 04, 2014
Because he knows some Bad Guyz and he is one of the bad Guyz
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Vado(m): 4:42am On Aug 04, 2014
The last decent verse I heard from him was off that samklef joint (molowo noni). You'd think he's spitting for just hausa people nowadays. One way corny delivery.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Bigzig(m): 4:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Just do the needfull and you will be overhyped and overrated for nothing...

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by alaladakosta(f): 4:49am On Aug 04, 2014
magnetik: To me I have been listening to a couple of rap artist from Naija.. but none is better than ICE PRINCE.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:23am On Aug 04, 2014
MuhdG: I think ice did pretty good on shots on shots. But u know sac na oga cool
. But eno suppose be. Na one head them get
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by BlackPikiN(m): 5:30am On Aug 04, 2014
If you really wanna know if Ice Prince is overrated, do this test. Play his song in an American filled room, then you will understand that Ice Prince is real trash!
Damn, I was disappointed.

I had the opportunity to play Jesse Jags newest free album( Jagz nation) in a room filled with different people mostly Americans oh boy, I mean from the beginning to the end was never dull moment.
He's really good.

Back to topic, I can authoritatively say Ice Prince is big time trash.

Na only Aboki I fit play for that album and his new song with Sarkodie na nigga nigga I hear finish. Na Sark save the song self.

Na to dey snap pictures up and down for Instagram.

I'm not hating o but that guy gats cool down do better song.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by simdam500(m): 5:41am On Aug 04, 2014
cry ok... Morning Nairalander... Speaking of Zamani... He's too zamani, i think if one way lyrics is not working for him, by now he could have tried something else but sticking to the abokish term lyrically must have gotten him more than enough pay or likely award... Wat works for me might not work for you
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Forzap: 5:44am On Aug 04, 2014
Una jst dey make noise.....ICE PRINCE remains one of d best cool

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by robinicule(m): 5:47am On Aug 04, 2014
ice prince only got swagg #bydefault....vector raps wat better to me...vectors rap just too dope his punch lines are like bible verses, u bring new meaning from it every time....

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by englishmart(m): 5:50am On Aug 04, 2014
saxywale: He is an American rapper wannabe...
a born and bred in Nigeria dey force himself to speak like akata
alaoeri: Dude is just fortunate just like Dbanj is fortunate in the music industry, vector is better than him anyday anytime. Op u have to know that talent isn't enough in music to keep u going, u have to add extra ginger ( like swag, packaging etc) that what is helping ppl like Iceprince, Dbanj etc even some yankee artists.
RoyalRoy: You are damn right.

I had always thought I was the only one who think he is wacked and just a one-style rapper. Not versatile at all.

He still managed to have some cool rap style before he released his hit song Aboki My Guy. And after then he remained in one spot doing the same rap to all his songs afterwards making you get tired and bored of his style.

With the list you put above as rappers who tilt the scales better than Ice... I think only Vector and Terry are worth mentioning as the other guys are indigenous with their rap and so we can't compare them with Ice in that aspect.
Matri10: Ice prince is just an average rapper in naija.
When its cums to rap music in naija dis guys run d show
Modenine
Vector
Mi.
They are lyricist.
curiouses: My exact sentiment. He's no more than other naija everyday rappers. Talk of 'Alubarika'. I think he's just lucky and possibly knows the motherfuckers who run showbiz.
hatux: Seriously my brother... The guy is really overrated, and it pains me always. The guy is so consistent, except he speaks good english. He's good though, but he's not that good. And to those rappers you mentioned Op,he isn't better off anyone of them just he's on the same lane with Reminisce. But the guy is overrated sha ...*my opinion*
all these opinions are called. [size=45pt]STORIES FOR THE gods[/size] . tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by maxilly(m): 5:59am On Aug 04, 2014
when classify a lyrical handicap like illbiss as one of those who spits venom, that's when I know d level you should be rated when it comes to rap. ice prince and a few other rappers like mi, vector, mode9,od,5mics,khali Abdul,godwon, surprisingly sina Rambo, can hold their own if they are on the same track with Yankee rappers
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by goalburner(m): 6:06am On Aug 04, 2014
saxywale:
The others not crossed out are correct naija rappers,,,ibi ile, native to the core wink
Confirm sir!!!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by iamord(m): 6:11am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: Seriously my brother... The guy is really overrated, and it pains me always. The guy is so consistent, except he speaks good english. He's good though, but he's not that good. And to those rappers you mentioned Op,he isn't better off anyone of them just he's on the same lane with Reminisce. But the guy is overrated sha ...*my opinion*

He is not a real lyricist .. But he got nice beat ,package and commerical. Songs.. That's all.. Uu saw how sarkodie murdered him on shotz on shotz
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by omoadeleye(m): 6:14am On Aug 04, 2014
I don't know who get time wey still dey listen yo his music,self, him to go dey para untop like olamide, d guy wack and dry pass gin, he just to love remixing his aboki track, me I don't waste my mb, downloading any dong ice prince feature, cux i want a new song not old ones
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Iamdrahj(m): 6:15am On Aug 04, 2014
Iceprince is on of the best in 9ja. Has regards hit single his gat loads of them. OLEKU.ABOKI,VIP,I Swear,Superstar to mention a few. Go listen to his lyrics then u will know why he always got lucky. And for vector and others. Their rap are too hardcore. That's why nobody listen to modenine,ikechucku and others.

For entertainment news visit www.choconation.com

2 Likes

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 6:16am On Aug 04, 2014
iamord:

He is not a real lyricist .. But he got nice beat ,package and commerical. Songs.. That's all.. Uu saw how sarkodie murdered him on shotz on shotz
Yes! He was just singing rubbish for that song. The guy is becoming wack, I think!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by GPA5: 6:16am On Aug 04, 2014
PHYNO IS NOT GOOD AT ALL. HIS PUNCHLINE, LYRICS RHYMES ARE WEAK, NOT STRONG.

#ICE PRINCE IS A GOOD RAPPER. HIS IS ALWAYS ON POINT
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 04, 2014
*Sees thread, hisses, puts back headphone and jams Jesse Jagz "Thy Nation Come" album*
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by iamord(m): 6:23am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: Yes! He was just singing rubbish for that song. The guy is becoming wack, I think!

Well u have said it.. But na the nigerian market cause am.. Once. They hear beat that they can jump to in eleguushi.. That's what matters! Good lyrical listeners are going etent.. MI was good but I don't know what he is turning into

2 Likes

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by yinkarh187(m): 6:27am On Aug 04, 2014
tuffgongjo: BET is not a big award jare,more of 2nd class award.
2nd class are u sure??
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by ayomidegambari(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2014
Funny, most nigerians just here music for pleasure without knowing the content and what makes it up. To be a versatile rapper you must possess 3things. METEPHOR RHYMES and WORDPLAY..iceprince got everything,..its the punchlines they count. Please go learn what makes up rap before you personally call someone a rapper. Iceprince is a rapper, mi, vector..those are rappers.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Fayrouzz(m): 6:29am On Aug 04, 2014
Dude is not completely overrated but he has gone so commercial. As an MI Abaga recruit, Zamani is good and comes through with real rap like in;

*Can I talk with Joell and MI*

* Icholiya with Phyno and MI*

*Turn up with yung6ix*

* Bleep you with MI*

* when the money comes with Dj Neptune*

But I still rate Jesse Jags over them all. Dude is a *god on the mic*
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2014
iamord:

Good lyrical artistes are going extent.. MI was good but I don't know what he is turning into
Yes. Someone like Phenom, Blackmagic,man! The Blackmagic guy is really talented,the guy is very good, I love his songs. But Nigerians sha ...
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Whizkay(m): 6:36am On Aug 04, 2014
I'm a big fan of him and really I must say he's not been on top of his music game lately but when it comes to fashion and style.. He's probably the coolest person you will know.
VIP
More
Aboki
Jambo
Truth
Whiskey
I swear..etc
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Rashdimuh(m): 6:39am On Aug 04, 2014
ice prince not a good rapper nigerians neva ceases to amaze Mode9 dey beg all of una to buy his song u dey tk say his style is not welcome olamide is busy giving good music u go say he is a noise maker, phyno spits igbo lang in his songs u tk say u no hear weti him dy tok, Vector releases a venom of deep meaningful lyrics u tok say he is a jayz wannabe . You all need to hit d studio and know hw hard it is to make a song, imaging saying the ascension album is full of wack songs crappy nigerians.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC And PDP Are The Same People Fooling Us - Wizkid React To 2019 Election / Ubi Franklin's Son Jayden's 3rd Birthday Party Photos / Chacha Eke Shares Mother & Daughter Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.