Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Is Ice-prince Overrated? - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Ice-prince Overrated? (23780 Views)

Is Ice Prince Trying To Pull Yemi Alade’s Hair Off? (photo) / Is Ice Prince Bleaching ?? Fans Attack Him After He Shared This Photo …. / How Much Is Ice Cube Worth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by yinkarh187(m): 10:44am On Aug 04, 2014
tuffgongjo: affirmative
name other international award as greater thsn bet apart from grammy nd mtv
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 10:45am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: Yes! The guy is just lucky!
thats life you always need an element of luck to be the best
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Anacksunamun: now you bring recognition as your excuse. Where was recognition when you were holding briefs for that wacko, Ice Prince? Recognition or not, M.I or Mode9 have not win BET awards but you will get slapped in a pub if you compared them with that wacko. True story.
of course you cant compare mode9 mi even jesse jags to ice prince they are way better but comparing phyno and olamide to iceprince naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thats way too far dose guys are not close to him its just that its their time to reign now in nigeria
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 04, 2014
He that is blessed is blessed and no man can cause pple...
And there is sometin there call grace... No be who get the best result frm school dey get the best job.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by venahoro(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2014
As for me after Mode-9; Jesse-Jagz comes 1st!! U can add vector and terry tha rapman 2 it!
What others tend to do are commercial music, nt really hard-core rap #Now Playin-Supply and Demand by Jesse_Jagz "We killin 'em all 4eva!!"

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by philusaau(f): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2014
ICE PRINCE ZAMANI IS NOT OVER RATED...............FIRE OF ZAMANI (FOZ)
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Aycorrect(f): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2014
wu z nat overatted in Nigeria once u av money nd yo a celeb!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: thats life you always need an element of luck to be the best
smiley
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by ghostofsparta(m): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2014
@Topic
In my opinion...Ice Prince is not excellent but very okay in my book, to me he's far better to the likes of M.I. whose lyrics are mostly piles of alliteration, Ice Prince flows more better that M.I. who I don't know why people rave over. I can't believe why some responders are saying French Montana is whack, if FM is really whack I wonder what y'all say about 2Chainz? To say the truth, the best M.C. so far in Nigeria is Ice Prince...why's because he balances good yankee-type lyrics with nice beats whereas the likes of Vector, Terry The Rapman and Phyno
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by obedz(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2014
Audu Maikori ,the owner of Choc city has always been a smart business man who knows how to buy his way around the game, for instance, how do you explain a situation where all choc boys crew (brymo included) getting verified on twitter before the likes of wizkid, tuface , don jazzy and even d'banj i guess ? grin, Iceprince bagging a BET award therefore sudn't be a surprise , this is beyond music, IT'S BUSINESS wink cool
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Caspeezy(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2014
How is Ice Prince overrated His music is dope, he features or is featured by alot of artists; local and international!!! He bags awards n he is an ambassador for both local and international brands!!! I am sure the hype about him is just right!!!! grin grin
My honest opinion anyway
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 11:23am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: smiley
abi i lie?
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: abi i lie?
No lie,Sis...
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by josh4eva00(m): 11:44am On Aug 04, 2014
You have got to appease the fans if you wanna put food on the table. Yes! Very true there r badaz rappers out there berra than ice prince buh truth be told ice knows how to fine tune his lyrical rhymes and sweet talk almost berra than anyone.. he knows wen to switch topic/tempo when running on bars berra than his contemporary. He is stuck on a wide range of subject matter to share an opinion and keeps it on d surface(not many fans would wanna decipher brain tasking punches because no be we invent rap)and then someone talked about the element of luck which is true. I am almost certain his glaring weakness is in making a hit hook buh he is good talking to the beat @ the level of most nigerians and has this different signature tune embedded in rap that sells him outside home soil(ask fella why they loved him abroad).that should get him the accolade for now.

N/B some folks are born lucky if u doubt that, ask Mikel Obi.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by henryobinna(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: Lol cheesy.. Guy, you are one of those people who don't know good music! Talking bout 'Confam, Three wise men,tomorrow' not even talking about 'repete' the song of all time. Nigg^ go chill!
brod chill truly if you call confam a good music, then I would ssy you're the one who doesn't know jack about music. I've not heard that repete. I'll Check it out n see.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Revolva(m): 11:50am On Aug 04, 2014
Look no rapper wack ice prince is ok. But see nigerians don't care about lyrics...just do a song let people groove...ok so una no want make ice prince drive range rover or buy house....? Well sub to my bbm chanel C00309646 ok
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
henryobinna: brod chill truly if you call confam a good music, then I would ssy you're the one who doesn't know jack about music. I've not heard that repete. I'll Check it out n see.
Go check it out quickly...
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Lanceslot(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5:

PHYNO IS NOT THAT A GOOD RAPPER COMPARE TO ICE PRINCE, VECTOR, MI, OLAMIDE.

IF NOT FOR OLAMIDE THAT DID JUSTICE TO HIS SINGLE(GHOST MODE ) ,WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN PHYNO.

EACH TIME, HE USES ENGLISH TO RAP HIS PUNCHLINE, RHYMES, LYRICS NOT THAT GOOD, STRONG
How many times have you heard him rap fully with English? (Mention the song). Phyno is the best indigenous rapper now, you need to understand Igbo to know what I'm talking about. NOTE: I understand Yoruba so I understand what Olamide is rapping about. Here is my Top 10 Naija best Rappers dead and alive.
1.Mode9.
2. Dagrin.
3. Jesse Jagz.
4. M I.
5. Phyno.
6. Phenom.
7. Yung6ix.
8. Olamide.
9.Pherosuaz ( didn't get the spelling right).
10. Black Magic.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by GPA5: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lanceslot: How many times have you heard him rap fully with English? (Mention the song). Phyno is the best indigenous rapper now, you need to understand Igbo to know what I'm talking about. NOTE: I understand Yoruba so I understand what Olamide is rapping about. Here is my Top 10 Naija best Rappers dead and alive.
1.Mode9.
2. Dagrin.
3. Jesse Jagz.
4. M I.
5. Phyno.
6. Phenom.
7. Yung6ix.
8. Olamide.
10. Black Magic.

PHYNO IS NOT THE BEST INDIGENOUS RAPPER. HE SHOULD ASK OLAMIDE, REMINISCE WHAT IT TAKES.

YOUR LIST IS A TRASH.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by normac: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
VERY
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by josh4eva00(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lanceslot: How many times have you heard him rap fully with English? (Mention the song). Phyno is the best indigenous rapper now, you need to understand Igbo to know what I'm talking about. NOTE: I understand Yoruba so I understand what Olamide is rapping about. Here is my Top 10 Naija best Rappers dead and alive.
1.Mode9.
2. Dagrin.
3. Jesse Jagz.
4. M I.
5. Phyno.
6. Phenom.
7. Yung6ix.
8. Olamide.
10. Black Magic.

If Iceprince is not on your top ten, you are only a hater. C'mon bro
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by StoneColdBiceps(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
The owner (maybe former owner) of DEF JAM, LA REID made a statement and i quote "i don't care aw many music video you av appeared in, if u cant give me a HIT we are not talking".
We all know wat "a hit" is all about i biliv. Now coming to ice prince, dat dude is a raPper weda u like it or not nd Weda hes wack or not is based on personal opinions. Now wat happend to ice prince is dat he made hit songs as at d time other artists like MI is loosing relevance. D industry was at dat time open for a new hit song nd he (ice) made it nd blow!
He carried on until there ws noting left in his rhym page. He made HIT songs.
Now come to winning of awards nd BET dat ws mentioned by d OP...award is giving to artist dat are in the limelight at dat point in time nd also depending on wat s d time frame (year) of d award coverage. Eg june 2013-june 2014.
Ice prince as at then ws d major artist dats in d limelight nd award organizers dnt need rocket science to know where it should go...bé it any country. I stand to bé corrected.
Now To some it up, ice prince ws at the right spot at the right time nd he got the glories. D other artist listed are not better than him until dey stock up throphies both local nd international.
Wat is affecting him right now is not dat he is WACK, its just d law of diminishing return...to those who understand economics.
Roger out!

2 Likes

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5:

PHYNO IS NOT THE BEST INDIGENOUS RAPPER. HE SHOULD ASK OLAMIDE, REMINISCE WHAT IT TAKES.

YOUR LIST IS A TRASH.
Weather phyno is better than Olumide is arguable but reminisce no follow abeg
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by leonard509(m): 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Big NO
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by revelationuche: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
RoyalRoy: You are damn right.

I had always thought I was the only one who think he is wacked and just a one-style rapper. Not versatile at all.

He still managed to have some cool rap style before he released his hit song Aboki My Guy. And after then he remained in one spot doing the same rap to all his songs afterwards making you get tired and bored of his style.

With the list you put above as rappers who tilt the scales better than Ice... I think only Vector and Terry are worth mentioning as the other guys are indigenous with their rap and so we can't compare them with Ice in that aspect.

Totally correct! I've also stopped listening to his raps after Aboki

And I like your bible type fonts style grin

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Lanceslot(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
josh4eva00:

If Iceprince is not on your top ten, you are only a hater. C'mon bro
Just mention 1 person that he's better than on my list.. I'm not hating man, for he's an average rapper and its so sickening hearing him repeat same aboki line in all his current songs.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Lanceslot(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5:

YOUR LIST IS A TRASH.
ok
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by sarutobie(m): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
talking about rappers with lyrics, I dig blackmagic and the dudes from show dem camp
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Ezemust: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5: since oleku, am yet to feel any of his songs, its a miracle he is still in the news, maybe good marketing i believe undecided
wat about juju?
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Sijioke(m): 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
planetuzor: I have not come as one who really knows what rap is
all about or someone who is completely a novice,
but in my opinion I think the subject matter in
person of Ice-Prince the Aboki himself is overrated

I kept wandering what's this guy rapping that's
making him bag awards even when his got no hit
song. He's just like a one way rapper,one particular
rap tone and style (with due respect to him)...
Sincerely am of limited knowledge here of this Guy
and how come he gets most of the BET awards and
always nominated in rap category even when his
music impact to the average nigeria that just like
good music is just too minimal...

Even at this time when we have some venom
spitting rap artist like this ones listed below in no
particular order

Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

Please guys educate me on this issue. I really want
to know if his worth the awards and nominations or
just overrated in your own opinion...
Ice prince is the most creative out of all.. Today he can sing a song of his party life e.g superstar and tomorrow a tribute song e.g Whiskey e.t.c unlike some proud ones claiming to be badoo! Everitym.. Bring ur-self up and americans go bring u down.. Up BET Up Ice-prince!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AY's Daughter, Michelle Makun, Dances Zanku / Don Jazzy: I Grew Up Farming And Selling Bean Cake / Actress Chidiebere And Chidmma Aneke Lovely In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.